Suzuki Burgman 650 Reviews

Suzuki Burgman 650 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Suzuki Burgman 650

Suzuki Burgman 650

“New Suit for an Old Friend. ”

Written on: 12/04/2013 by Hanspluygers (3 reviews written)

Greetings fellow Scooter Drivers. I wanted to share this review with you, because I think it is important. For those of you who are familiar with the Suzuki Burgman 650, you may realise I reviewed the scooter back in 2005 and again a few years later. Today, I had the pleasure of driving the brand new, updated version of our old friend. Here in the Netherlands it has just been launched. I've searched the internet but as yet I haven't read an 'owners' review, only those of motor cycle… Read Full Review

Lou2Loops's Response to Hanspluygers's Review

Written on: 28/04/2013

Thank you Mark for your review of the new Burgman 650. It's given me a real insight into what to expect from the new Burgman when it launches here in Australia sometime soon. I've had two Burgman 650's over the last 10 years and I'm certainly hooked on them. My last one was unfortunately stolen and knowing that a new one was in the pipeline, I decided to wait for the new model to launch. Just about the only gripe I ever had with either model that I owned was the seemingly feeble petrol filler flap. On both of my previous bikes, the flap broke in exactly the same place and that's even with very careful handling. Apart from that, I have enjoyed them both and I'm sure I'll enjoy the new one when it launches here which I understand will be May or June 2013. I'll write my own detailed review then.

Polmer's Response to Hanspluygers's Review

Written on: 13/07/2013

Well I read your review with interest. I took delivery of my new Matt Silver 650 at the end of May having owned a 2011 650 since Sept 2011. A bit extravagant to change but hey. So here are the plus points: prettier, lighter and 15 percent better fuel consumption. But here is the really bad point. The gear box is apparently out of a Nissan Micra. For economy reasons, it changes gear from 3 to 4 and 4 to 5 way too early. The result is an uncomfortable ride around town with an engine that cause uncomfortable vibration and a constant rumble from a machine that used to be smooth as silk in town. The upshot is that I am changing the bike this week for a new old model! Suzuki know about the issue. They call it a characteristic of the new Eco rules. For those of you looking to drive in traffic on one...don't buy one. For those looking for comfort on fast highway driving it is great.

“At 67...this is an awesome bike!”

Written on: 07/09/2012 by Eugey (1 review written)

After riding Nortons, Triumphs, and a few others in my teens...I let my motorcycle licence expire (well didn't renew it once when renewing my car licence)thinking I'd never ride again. WELL.....at around age 62, I bought a 4 stroke ...50cc Chinese scooter ...what a disaster. I bought it to get around town on....but found it wouldn't keep up with the traffic. I thought "this will turn out to be a deathtrap". SSooo I got rid of that and bought a 50cc 2 stroke scooter. Had a good time on that but… Read Full Review

Mushroom1943's Response to Eugey's Review

Written on: 18/05/2013

l know the feeling like yourself i'm in my 70s had all the bikes then settle on a an650 best thing going, Very fast , Keeps you dry when wet againts other bikes Mine is fitted with satnav heated bars + fly lead for heated gloves full stereo 600w radio + 500w amp for back box speakers disco on wheels

Eugey's reply to Mushroom1943's Comment

Written on: 18/05/2013

WOW......well kitted out. Since my posting, the local law has changed, and now the AN650 qualifies for new riders with a 'Learners Licence'...which I find to be absolute madness, they're heavy....that engine brake needs some getting used to.....in the hands of a 15 - 16 year old (here in NZ) it will be a lethal weapon. I now have 34000miles on my Burggie (50000 plus KLM) and it's still going without missing a beat. I have just this morning exempted my vehicle registration on it for 3 months...to get through the winter here. Normally we ride through the winter but leave it a little later to leave home to give the ice a chance to melt. This year decided to lay it up for winter. Motorcycle registration here currently running at NZ$528.00 a year, insurance closer to NZ$750.00 per year, then add the cost of probably 3 new tyres per year (NZ$650.00 a pair) add service costs and you're looking at one expensive toy.
I have the heated handlegrips too, after market windshield, run a HDMI video camera whenever I go out ..........but now I will wait until late August when we start to get into better weather again. Thanks for your post.

“Burgman Beast 650”

Written on: 04/09/2012

Feb-April 2008 I decided I was going to buy my dream Burgman 650 Exec'. The trouble was, that all the dealers from West coast of Wales through the Midlands and as far east as London promised delivery dates they couldn't keep. Finally, I got straight on to Suzuki, gave them a mouthful, and got a delivery within three days! Now, I'm very short-legged and never found a bike I liked that could accommodate me. Only the Burgman 400 managed that, and the new 400 served me extremely well for 12 months… Read Full Review

“fantastic scooter”

Written on: 24/06/2012 by bikerpaul1959 (1 review written)

i had a vl 1500 suzuki, due to a work injury i could not hold up the bike when reverse it out of garage,thinking my biking days was over my father in law let me ride his 400 burgman and found it fantasic but i wanted somyhing with a bit more power , look at the burgman 650 and having taken it from the shop for a test ride found that t did not want to take it back,had it now 4yrs and still love riding it around town and out around the lakes. i am 6ft 2ins but you have to remove drivers back rest… Read Full Review

“5 weeks in”

Written on: 18/05/2012

I am 63 years old and have been riding street bikes and cruisers since i was 16. I traded a 2004 1500 intruder in for my 650 burgman exexcutive. No regrets a all Its a fun ride, lots of pep, good stability, no problem keeping up with traffic. Wants to get up and go, have to watch speed limit as it doesn,t seem to recognize the signs. Accelleation is great, don't have to be concerned about those loud cruisers getting ahead at take off, u just will likely leave them in the dust.My grandson used… Read Full Review

“2 wheel magic”

Written on: 15/05/2012

I have owened the 650 Burgmen for many years. it`s a great bike. plenty of storige space… Read Full Review

“New age motorcycle not a scooter”

Written on: 28/04/2012

I have a 650 2006 Burgman and have done 30000 klms on it.This bike always attracts attention because is so different. It is an open road tourer and its better than anything I have ridden for the job. Its not good with a passenger,clumsy in town and heavy on fuel. Out on the open road its a delight and will cruise at 140 klm per hour all day. The Buggie will carry a stack or stuff under the seat,seating position is good and the foot rests are long a let tired riders stretch out. The 650 won't… Read Full Review

“MAJOR BRAKE FAILURE”

Written on: 11/12/2011

I wouldnt recommend the Bergman after buying the sccooter from brand new, and with less than 500km on the clock I have had a MAJOR BRAKE FAILURE, the main arm of the caliper has broken and the brake pad came out, still waiting fro news/information and a fix from Suzuki. I have pictures to prove it… Read Full Review

“Great Bike”

Written on: 21/10/2011 by zildjian541 (1 review written)

I had a 1997 Harley Davidson Heritage and never thought about purchassing a 2007 Suzuki Burgman 650.Well to make a long story short I sold my Harley and never looked back. The Suzuki Burgman 650 is a flawless machine. From take off to handling this bike is a blast. I cant find one problem with this bike. Yes its a "scooter" but make no mistake about it, when you take of from 0-60 in 8 sec and easily climb to 100mph you dont feel like your on a scooter. This bike is soo smooth on the highway and… Read Full Review

“CVT SURE WILL LEAVE YOU DOWN”

Written on: 17/10/2011 by leofrankie (2 reviews written)

The Burgman 650 is superlative, but... But you must know that the K5 series will leave you down between 30.000 and 40.000 km. The CVT (sequential gear machine) has infact big problems and break down. You must know that Suzuki did not recognize its responsabilities. So, you will spend something like 2.000 euros (2.800$) to repair it. … Read Full Review

“This scooter is by far worth it's weight in gold. Very...”

Written on: 08/04/2011 by jlbig66 (2 reviews written)

This scooter is by far worth it's weight in gold. Very economic. Can certainly be a daily commuter and can keep up with traffic with no problems what so ever. I would highly recommend this bike for casual and fun use or for use as a daily commuter as for the price, you most certainly make up for it in saving on gas use. I have personally have driven my bike from Texas to South Florida and back with no problems at all. Definitely thumps up on this bike… Read Full Review

“i had a 1200 suzuki bandit for 5yrs then i had an...”

Written on: 14/03/2011

i had a 1200 suzuki bandit for 5yrs then i had an accident at work and damaged my knee thinking my bike riding days were over. when the father in law got a 400cc burgman, i was asked to have a ride on it witch i did and i loved it but found it small as i am 6ft 1ins tall. was at my local bike shop one week end when i saw the burgman an650 took it for a test ride and i olved it so much i had to have it, had to take drivers back rest off so i could get on it without my knees hitting the dash… Read Full Review

“Hi,I bought my burgman 650 three months ago,before...”

Written on: 08/11/2010 by xsara531 (1 review written)

Hi,I bought my burgman 650 three months ago,before which I had a 400 and on the strength of that I bought the 650.It wasn't right when I had it and after an ongoing rectification turned out to be brilliant in all ways that matter.The motorcycle shop that I had it from said it had had a complete service but as far as I could see it hadn't been touched but all that behind me it all seems ok now.It surprised me how fast it is,with no apparent effort especially with two up,handling is the same as a… Read Full Review

Spshipley's Response to xsara531's Review

Written on: 02/04/2011

I found this review very helpful because...it's a good first impression.

Spshipley's Response to xsara531's Review

Written on: 02/04/2011

I'd like to know a bit more about the serviced/not serviced comment. Is this a possible bike problem or a possible dealership problem?

“The Burgman 650 is a cross between a scooter, Goldwing...”

Written on: 08/05/2010

The Burgman 650 is a cross between a scooter, Goldwing and bullet bike. It's fast, comfortable and very manuverable. Braking is outstanding. Storage is terrific. I've owned many, many bikes of all brands and models, but the Burgman 650 is the best two wheeled vehicle I've ever owned. I bought my wife and 2002 for an anniversary present. At the time, I was riding a J1500 kawasaki Indian look alike, which I have since given my oldest son. I loved that bike, but must say that I love the… Read Full Review

Greenyaris's Comment

Written on: 27/07/2010

I found this review very helpful because it reinforced my belief that I am doing the right thing awaiting delivery of my new 650A Executive!

Xsara531's Comment

Written on: 23/11/2010

I found this review very helpful because...He agrees with my assesment completely.xsara 531.

123Maggiemcgee's Comment

Written on: 18/11/2010

I found this review very helpful because... Hey, thanks a lot, this was very informative across a range of aspects, image and performance (perhaps in the reverse order) being important. Like the comment about it not being a poofy bike (I'm not homophobic, either). I'm after a bike that's a good performer, can go the distance in comfort and isn't excessively butch in appearance (senior colleagues would not be amused). Thanks, again, for the helpful review. Maggie :)

“I've owned my Burgman since June 4, 2005. I've put...”

Written on: 24/04/2010 by jcdorz (1 review written)

I've owned my Burgman since June 4, 2005. I've put around 39,000 miles on it in nearly 5 years. I bought it with 10,000 miles on it and it was close to 2 years old at the time. This scooter is the best scooter out there. I've ridden all of the Aprilias, Atlantic, Scarabeo, X9-all 500cc as well as my wife's Silver Wing and the Burgman 400. This scooter fits me the best, has incredible power and is very reliable. The only repair needed has been the front wheel ball bearings went out at 42k… Read Full Review

“Fast, relable, great handling. Perfect.”

Written on: 09/04/2010

Fast, relable, great handling. Perfect… Read Full Review

“For me, the Suzuki Burgman 650 does it all. Nimble....”

Written on: 22/03/2010 by Vectorer (1 review written)

For me, the Suzuki Burgman 650 does it all. Nimble. Quick. Smooth. Comfortable. Versatile. Economical. Fun. The bike has been near-flawless out to 12,000 miles. The Burgman 650 is not a "one size fits all" design. (what bike is?) I replaced the stock plexiglas with a Clearview XXL windscreen w/vent to cure the helmet buffet for my 5'11" frame. Long legged riders can fix the seat-pitch by either swapping out the seat for something aftermarket or replacing the buttpad with the Isuzu Rodeo… Read Full Review

Snoopycat's Response to Vectorer's Review

Written on: 07/07/2010

I found this review very helpful because...I am looking to replace my Suzuki S40 in a couple of years. Approaching retirement age am looking for a leisure 2 wheel vehicle that I can ride local and on an occaisional trip

“hi every one i have had a 650 burgman for just over a...”

Written on: 15/03/2010 by mark oshaughnessy (1 review written)

hi every one i have had a 650 burgman for just over a year now i got the bike at 25000 miles its now got 27000 on it would really like to no how menny miles they can take coz i love this bike i have 2 cbr 600f and they are no match for my burgman ya they are faster but not as cumfey as my burgman i got the bike for work . any way when i got the bike i hat to buy a new starter moto for it witch cost me £417 plus vat then needed spark plugs then oil and filter . running sweet now but i dont no… Read Full Review

“This is the finest and smothest motorcycle / scooter I...”

Written on: 10/03/2010

This is the finest and smothest motorcycle / scooter I have ever ridin. I would recomend this bike to anyone who is looking to enjoy a good ride around town or cross country… Read Full Review

“Love my scoot. Had a Burgie 400 and in early '09...”

Written on: 06/03/2010 by cdrbob (1 review written)

Love my scoot. Had a Burgie 400 and in early '09 moved up to the 650 executive. Did have a battery go bad, and although it created a major inconvenience at the time, it was replaced by the dealership and seems to be fine. Be aware of the key position when you shut it down, though. One position keeps the tail light on, so in the morning you're SOL for battery power. I have only about 3,000 miles on mine, but this summer am planning an extended trip. Want to get a Givi windscreen, but am… Read Full Review

Xsara531's Response to cdrbob's Review

Written on: 23/11/2010

I found this review very helpful.Hi,cdr bob's,its the easiest job,undo the two screws either side of the plastic clampunder the screen,push the clamp down and lift out,there is just four cross head screws to take out and it lifts off.xsara531.