Bosch AHS 7000 Pro T Electric Hedge Cutter Reviews

Bosch AHS 7000 Pro T Electric Hedge Cutter - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Bosch AHS 7000 Pro T Electric Hedge Cutter

Bosch AHS 7000 Pro T Electric Hedge Cutter

“If you cut the cable you face paying for repair”

Written on: 10/05/2013 by geewhy (2 reviews written)

My old hedge trimmer (Black and Decker) has a hatch in the handle which allowed you to repair or replace the cable as easily as fitting a plug. This Bosch has to be taken apart by a service engineer to do the same job. Cutting through the cable on a corded garden tool is pretty much inevitable at some point in the tool's life so to have to pay for an engineer and wait for it to be fixed is unacceptable. I am very disappointed by Bosch and won't be buying from them again… Read Full Review

Bosch AHS 7000 Pro T Electric Hedge Cutter

“Man Enough For Any Hedge.”

Written on: 14/06/2012 by snifferterer (1 review written)

Just bought a new AHS 7000 PRO-T,Had my last 7000 for 6 years clutch seems to have gone, overal it is a beast of a machine,cuts through my 170 foot hedge like a knife through butter,if I get 6 years out of this as I did with my last one I will be a very happy bunny.70cm long blade cuts the work load down imensly if using on a tall or wide hedge.Makes mincemeat out of thick branches when trimming trees and bushes.I would strongly recomend it to anybody thinking about buying an electric hedge… Read Full Review

Bosch AHS 7000 Pro T Electric Hedge Cutter

“Hi everyone - once again i am looking for another one...”

Written on: 13/08/2010

Hi everyone - once again i am looking for another one cos it grabbed a thicker branch and done the gears in again - this is the second one that has done this - it states it can cut branches up to 35mm -
yes it will do one but if you accidently cut 2 say good bye to the gears you have been WARNED … Read Full Review

Bosch AHS 7000 Pro T Electric Hedge Cutter

“I have had a Bosch AHS 7000 Pro T for four to five...”

Written on: 16/08/2009

I have had a Bosch AHS 7000 Pro T for four to five years. We have two gardens 10m x 5m and 10m x 30 with mainly Berberis, Leylandi, Lonicera and Holly hedges. The Bosch has been used to cut these twice a year, for the Leylandi to keep them down to 2m I have used normal branch cutters on the thicker branches. It did seem pretty heavy especially cutting the Leylandi hedge which is 10m long. This spring it stopped working, why I don't know but on its last cutting mission it just got slower and… Read Full Review

Jhfc's Comment

Written on: 08/08/2010

Thanks for your review. Having suffered two purchasing disasters with other makes of hedge trimmer I was looking at this particular model, thinking that it would actually work properly.
<br/>
<br/>I won't bother wasting my money on this, so thanks again for saving me a lot of trouble.
<br/>
<br/>Having read the various hedge trimmer reviews, in addition to my own experiences, it appears to be impossible to buy a hedge trimmer that is fit for purpose these days.

Bosch AHS 7000 Pro T Electric Hedge Cutter

“I have had two of these hedge trimmers in the last...”

Written on: 01/07/2009 by Riddler (1 review written)

I have had two of these hedge trimmers in the last four years and they have both failed me i think its the clutch inside that burns out.The two year warranty is a joke no one wants to no Bosch give me details of service centres but they are just not interested… Read Full Review

Bosch AHS 7000 Pro T Electric Hedge Cutter

“I have AHS 6000 Pro-T model. Same machine as the AHS...”

Written on: 30/06/2009 by Sean Seery (2 reviews written)

I have AHS 6000 Pro-T model. Same machine as the AHS 7000 but 600 mm blade instead of 700 mm. This tool is powerful and makes hedge cutting easy… Read Full Review

Bosch AHS 7000 Pro T Electric Hedge Cutter

“Long blade means less time cutting so the extra weight...”

Written on: 02/04/2009

Long blade means less time cutting so the extra weight not a problem. Will cut though some pretty large stuff. Brought at a reduced price at local hardware shop. Excellent value for money. Hope it will last! I needed a hedge trimmer man enough to cut through over grown hedges and leylandi. The 7000 pro T is the tool for the job… Read Full Review

Bosch AHS 7000 Pro T Electric Hedge Cutter

“Had two previous hedge trimmers before getting this...”

Written on: 09/10/2008

Had two previous hedge trimmers before getting this Bosch AHS 7000 Pro T Electric Hedge Cutter one electric which constantly jammed on thicker leylandi branches and one battery which ran down in 15 mins and also couldn't cope with any branch thickness. This Bosch is a revelation in comparison, cut large hedge both sides which was 7 metres long, 2.5 metres high and one metre deep in less than 2 hours. No problems with jamming and gave excellent finish. Bought for £90 in Homebase 10% discount… Read Full Review

Bosch AHS 7000 Pro T Electric Hedge Cutter

“I read these Bosch AHS 7000 Pro T reviews just after I...”

Written on: 18/07/2008 by sibry1 (1 review written)

I read these Bosch AHS 7000 Pro T reviews just after I had bought one of these off Ebay, and I'm glad that I didn't read them first, otherwise I probably wouldn't have bought this Bosch hedge trimmer.
I have just used it for a couple of hours, and I think that a lot of the negative comments are perhaps unfair.
The only thing that could be made a little better, is if the trimmer was maybe a bit lighter in weight.
Bosch don't make poor stuff in my experience, and this trimmer seems to be worth… Read Full Review

Bosch AHS 7000 Pro T Electric Hedge Cutter

“This is an excellent machine, I have used it...”

Written on: 29/01/2008 by sarahblue (1 review written)

This is an excellent machine, I have used it extensively and have found no faults with it. Big benifit is that it has a wide tooth spacing and now I often use more than the Makita petrol hedgetrimmer I have as it will cut a thicker hedge. Long cutting blade gives a good clean finish and reach to taller and wider hedges. Used on fir and beech hedges… Read Full Review

Bosch AHS 7000 Pro T Electric Hedge Cutter

“The Bosch AHS 7000 Pro T Electric Hedge Cutter is...”

Written on: 21/09/2007 by Rockey (1 review written)

The Bosch AHS 7000 Pro T Electric Hedge Cutter is pricey, but worth it.

The newer, more powerful version is much improved. The blunt blades and vibration problems seem to have gone. I have used it on several different hedges, and I was glad I spent the extra on a model that can cut such thick branches with ease. Plus, the extra blade reach is a bonus when cutting tall hedges… Read Full Review

Bosch AHS 7000 Pro T Electric Hedge Cutter

“For such an expensive item - the Bosch AHS 7000 Pro T...”

Written on: 29/07/2007 by Mike C (2 reviews written)

For such an expensive item - the Bosch AHS 7000 Pro T Electric Hedge Cutternot reliable enough to this warrant price… Read Full Review

Bosch AHS 7000 Pro T Electric Hedge Cutter

“If the Bosch AHS 7000 PRO T Electric Hedgecutter jams...”

Written on: 30/09/2006 by Syzygy (1 review written)

If the Bosch AHS 7000 PRO T Electric Hedgecutter jams on an extra thick piece of wood, the two cams that oscillate the blade get prised apart, resulting in distorted con rods that follow the cams, with a horrible knocking noise and lots of vibration. Your only option is a new clutch and con rods - about £90. When I had mine repaired, the repairer said it's common on that model. Next time, it's going in the bin… Read Full Review

Jhfc's Response to Syzygy's Review

Bosch AHS 7000 Pro T Electric Hedge Cutter

“On my 7000 PRO Hefgecutter, the blades were badly worn...”

Written on: 18/07/2004 by musgrave (1 review written)

On my 7000 PRO Hefgecutter, the blades were badly worn after 1 hour's use (despite frequent lubrication). Bosch replaced the blades - so presumably they admit the blades were worn. Then after another ten minutes use the blades wore again and the entire blade / cutter arm came detatched from motor housing! Just for comparison, I have a 20 year old Black and Decker trimmer which has probably done a hundred hours and the blades are nowhere near as worn! If the cutter I bought is anything to go by… Read Full Review

Jhfc's Response to musgrave's Review

<br/>
<br/>It's interesting that you mention your old Black & Decker hedge trimmer, because my old one (ten years old) had no problem with my hedges for all that time. I only threw it away because the electrical contacts kept breaking and I had to keep dismantling it to re-solder them.
<br/>
<br/>If I had known that modern hedge trimmers were so unfit for purpose I would have persevered with my old one.