Giravaru Island, North Male Atoll Reviews

Giravaru Island, North Male Atoll - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Giravaru Island, North Male Atoll

Giravaru Island, North Male Atoll
Giravaru Island, North Male Atoll

“I went to Giravaru Island, North Male Atoll in 2007...”

Written on: 17/09/2009

I went to Giravaru Island, North Male Atoll in 2007 and loved it. We found the staff really helpful they couldn't do enough for us. Nice speed boat surprise as we left for free. The beach was perfect, hardly anyone there. Enough to be social or for private time. The White beach was relatively large compared the island hopping day trips they aranged. Room was nice, bath shower was Ok. The reef had different types gradual and big drops. They had beginners scuba and loads of water sports. They… Read Full Review

“well...my stay was just disappointing...i was on my...”

Written on: 31/01/2009

well...my stay was just disappointing...i was on my honeymoon, and regretted my stay at Giravaru Island.
Had heard alot about the wonders of Maldives, but after visiting Giravaru, i thought Maldives was the worst island..!
The rooms were equally disappointing... had loads of crabs and insects in my room... this island was cheaper in price, but wasn't worth even a penny in my opinion!
they offer no activities on the weekdays, and on the weekends, they don't offer much activities if there aren't… Read Full Review

“I visited the resort last week. It's a nice place. The...”

Written on: 24/09/2008 by sanharsha (1 review written)

I visited the resort last week. It's a nice place. The service is unbelievable. Most/All of the room is in beach front. Bathrooms are also good. If you go there don't miss out snorkeling. The food is also good. Without any hesitation I recommend the place. Good value for your money… Read Full Review

“over all a wonderful experience at the North Male...”

Written on: 16/01/2008 by gazzi (1 review written)

over all a wonderful experience at the North Male Atoll. Again the service was amazing. The snorkling was mind blowing! and suprisingly the wine was excellent… Read Full Review

“My wife and I have just returned from our 6th visit to...”

Written on: 21/02/2006 by JohnW (1 review written)

My wife and I have just returned from our 6th visit to Giravaru and I'm pleased to report that it still ticks all the boxes for us. Although the island is very small and the resort is showing its age in places, it is extremely well managed and offers excellent value for money.
The beaches are very good, the snorkelling is excellent, and the facilities are reasonable for such a small resort. The rooms are all beachfront and are well equipped with full bathrooms, air conditioning, tv, telephone… Read Full Review

“Giravaru Island - What a wonderful island, peaceful,...”

Written on: 24/06/2005 by Emmar1979 (1 review written)

Giravaru Island - What a wonderful island, peaceful, gorgeous and above all I had a relaxing time as I went on my own on both occasions to take time out, the staff where unbelieveable, waiting on me hand and foot and the food was amazing. I will be back soon hopefully with the man of my dreams to share a beautiful island and their people… Read Full Review

“If you want the TRUE Maldives experience DO NOT go to...”

Written on: 08/04/2004 by terry newsham (1 review written)

If you want the TRUE Maldives experience DO NOT go to Giravaru, yeah, we had a good time and the beach, water, reef were all very good. But do you go to the Maldives to have the windows of your room vibrating until the early hours???? and then when you ask if the bass could be turned down a little I was told that I must have 'sensitive ears', out of the 65 rooms ours was probably further away form the music than at least half of the other rooms and there were a lot of complaints coming in, the… Read Full Review

Rowena's Response to terry newsham's Review

Written on: 01/06/2004

Thanks so much for your advice, I'm afraid I would have lost it, there's nothing worse than not having enough sleep,
<br>My neighbor and I went on Black Prince Cruise, she picked cabin, next to lift, at first I thought it was the lift doors I could hear banging all night, but no it was the cabin crews, door behind but under the lift. These doors were made of cast iron, you would never believe the doors would bang twelve times or more in a minute, right through the nights.
<br>I finished up I think the chief complainer, Did they change our cabins? NO WAY, I had pots of tea in my pyjamas at, 12 am -1 am - 2 am -3 am- 4 am, even went below and asked to speak to the captain, (thought I'm not sleeping why the hell should he), if you want a holiday where you only get two nights good sleep, then go on this ship have a very large room backing on to the lift, one floor from staff quarters.
<br>Gauranteed no enjoyment, because your too knackered to do anything, Oh! and it went on all day to, so no way could you catch up on sleep, apart from sleeping on top deck.
<br>rowena2188@yahoo.com

Fantjamie's Response to terry newsham's Review

Written on: 09/06/2004

I AM SO SORRY you had a bad time here. I had a very magical time. Granted I went in Apr-May 1998 and I am Canadian and was at the time a travel agent, I found everything about this place awesome. The people were fun, I didn't have a problem sleeping, I was diving everyday and was so tired at the end, I got to meet loads of people from all over the place, yes including ITALY!!! And they were fun to be with, I guess maybe the resort life isn't for someone that can't enjoy being around people from around the world! My husband is from England and he too enjoyed it as much as I did. When the Island people found out about my wedding anniversary they actually made my husband and I a private dinner on the beach on the other side of the island away from all the noise we had a wonderful waiter with us for the night and got to enjoy the magic the island of GIRAVARU has to offer, Do I recommend this place, HELL YA!

“Set in the Indian Ocean, you know that its going to be...”

Written on: 05/07/2003 by suttie. (1 review written)

Set in the Indian Ocean, you know that its going to be nice, but the scenery takes your breath away. The staff on the Island can't do enough for you. You have your own room boy who waits for you to leave your beach bungalow and he will go into your room and make sure it is clean and the bed is tidy. You dont need shoes either! A word of warning, double the sun protection factor on your sun cream! Its paradise… Read Full Review