Ford Fiesta RS Turbo Reviews

• Reliability

Ford Fiesta RS Turbo - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

“mine is a 1991 fiesta rs turbo pushing 241bhp on the...”

Written on: 21/12/2010

mine is a 1991 fiesta rs turbo pushing 241bhp on the dyno very quick car eats scoobies, tourqe steer is rather nasty though.
upgraded turbo,
samco hoses
big intercooler
engine rebuild
baileys dump valve
stainless exhaust with tubular manifold
boost controller
custom paintwork red marble

the rs turbo is a awesome car worth every penney… Read Full Review

“I fell in love with my Ford Fiesta RS Turbo as soon as...”

Written on: 05/06/2009

I fell in love with my Ford Fiesta RS Turbo as soon as i seen it..... these cars can cause an awful lot of trouble so buy a good 1 and your on your way.... very fast, BEWARE OF TORQUE STEER!!!… Read Full Review

“Hi, I'm from Macedonia and I bought a Ford Fiesta in...”

Written on: 11/01/2008 by suspect357 (1 review written)

Hi, I'm from Macedonia and I bought a Ford Fiesta in Slovenia 1.1, 1994 MK3. I bought it this year. For me it's a perfect one, I don't want to talk about big or hot cars, I know they are good too. But I just can't get rid of it. I just wonder if you can help me with some guide about modification on my car...I don't want to put any turbo stuff, well I don't know if it can handle, if yes I would fit in one. I just want to modify it on interior and to keep my machine clean… Read Full Review

“I have owned this car for quite a few years and still...”

Written on: 12/07/2007 by d richardson (1 review written)

I have owned this car for quite a few years and still don't get bored. I use mine for track days and it cost me a fortune, but worth every penny don't go for the Japanese stuff, buy original and keep it Ford. Buy one! And for the youngsters: stop writing them of!… Read Full Review

“I bought my Fiesta cheap with work needed doing to it....”

Written on: 18/11/2006 by jones 21 (1 review written)

I bought my Fiesta cheap with work needed doing to it. I have had a new head gasket, ditched the old intercooler for a pace one, ditched the weak t2 and had a t3 fitted which is a lot stronger througout the boost. Great car if you are willing to spend some cash. Parts are cheap and easy to get hold of but more of a weekend car than a everyday car due to the hot summers… Read Full Review

“If you've got the money you will get an awesome car...”

Written on: 31/07/2006 by beef2001 (1 review written)

If you've got the money you will get an awesome car that with a bit of teasing will get you 200bhp and that is fast boost at 15psi and let the car take off… Read Full Review

“The Ford Fiesta RS Turbo is a very very fast car, eats...”

Written on: 08/06/2006 by jamesyrsturbo (1 review written)

The Ford Fiesta RS Turbo is a very very fast car, eats Clio 182's for fun, most Subaru's cant keep up either… Read Full Review

Scoobz's Response to 246231_jamesyrsturbo's Review

Written on: 16/08/2006

Are you sure? Have you been racing Subaru Foresters or non-Turbo Imprezas?
<br/>Even a modified (to 200bhp) Fiesta Turbo will not outrun a 276+bhp Impreza. From a standing start, or round a track (twisty road).
<br/>
<br/>I've actually raced against a modified Fiesta Turbo up the drag strip (York) and won by several car lengths. I'm running a 210bhp Ibiza. The Fiesta was reasonable but started to lose ground at 60+mph, possibly due to gearing.
<br/>
<br/>The Fiesta Turbo is an 'old' car and if a Turbocharged hatchback is wanted, I would recommend something newer, with more safety features, better build quality and an engine that isn't being pushed quite so hard (e.g. 1.8T or 2.0T).

“My Ford Fiesta RS Turbo car has lots of mods it has...”

Written on: 13/09/2004 by pandysrst (1 review written)

My Ford Fiesta RS Turbo car has lots of mods it has 195 bhp at wheels it has a T3 cossie turbo with a -30 actu kent cam dump valve, bleed valve, green injecters, uprated ecu, with 195 superchip with more to come ie ( rs200 intrcooler and induction kit)… Read Full Review

Samm's Response to pandysrst's Review

Written on: 23/09/2004

nice one, keep the old school hatches going!

Jayrs's Response to pandysrst's Review

Written on: 06/10/2004

I have a fiesta rs turbo also, I have had mine for 6 years and I love it! Mods on mine are endless but a few are, escort RS cosworth fuel pump, up-rated actuator, pace intercooler, 195bhp chip, beige injectors, dump valve, stainless exhaust, escort rs cosworth disc and calipers, rear disc conversion, LSD fitted in gearbox with some secret gear mods also ;o) avo coilovers, list goes on and on.

“The Fiesta RS Turbo is a little pocket rocket. ...”

Written on: 21/01/2004 by Tristan21 (1 review written)

The Fiesta RS Turbo is a little pocket rocket. Lighter than the Escort RST and with a smaller, more efficient turbo it is a quick, fun car to drive. The Fiesta RST is very tuneable and 165Bhp is easily attained with simple mods (thats what i've got). Parts are very cheap and DIY maintenance is possible for most jbos. Drawbacks are the same as any turbo car I.E reliability issues. Regular oil changes are needed, with fully synthetic oil to maintain the life of the turbo and as the car is no… Read Full Review

“I bought my first frstFord Fiesta RS Turbo a few...”

Written on: 15/12/2003 by mattbibs (1 review written)

I bought my first frstFord Fiesta RS Turbo a few months ago - despite a few early probs i have it set up and running sweetly - long may it continue!! i have been very impressed with the car - it is quick off the lights, top speed is more than i expected and torque low down on the rev range is very impressive! if u buy a turbo solely for the dump valve then the fiesta is the way 2 go - mine sets off with mild town driving whereas the escort boys need a run up 2 achieve any boost at all!

as with… Read Full Review

“I THINK IT IS A VERY GOOD CAR FOR A BOY RACER, IT...”

Written on: 29/11/2003 by MAD MAX (1 review written)

I THINK IT IS A VERY GOOD CAR FOR A BOY RACER, IT LOOKS GOOD AND CAN BE PUT TO A LOT OF SPEED. TOP SPEED SO FAR IS 150MPH BUT CAN OVER HEAT BEWARE. A GOOD INTERCOOLER IS NEEDED BUT NORMAL SPEED WILL DO 135MPH NOT MODIFIED A BIT. NOT MODIFIED BEWARE OF GT STARLET WHEN YOU THINK YOU ARE ALL BIG AT THE LIGHTS… Read Full Review

Rajbanerjee's Response to MAD MAX's Review

Written on: 02/12/2003

Not sure about the 150mph, will have to have a naughty engine, mad max, im ravi, my car has a bit of a rep for suprising bigger motors, i think you mis-understood me when commenting on scooby's, it may not beat one, but a (210bhp)scooby will not leave mine between 40 and a ton!! My mate has a gtir with 285bhp, i can keep up with him level at 80mph, but then he starts to pull away. as for how much i have spent on the car,,,,,r u ready,,,,, 3 grand buying it, 1500 on minor mods (usual boy racer stuff) 2500 on the engine alone!!! the car had a very impressive dyno print out before the rebuild which gave 178bhp at the wheels which is approx 210 at the fly. (you loose about 20% through transmission), would like to hear what mods you have done to yours, and your experiences with starlet turbos, I nearly bought one before the rs.

Spliff1Star's Response to MAD MAX's Review

Written on: 22/11/2005

I was just reading some of your comments and i own a fiesta rs 1800 which has 143bhp and a toyota starlet gt advance which is having a respray at the moment. I have owned punto gts and nissan gtirs. I have owned the starlet gt advance for just over a year and have beaten many cars of the lights ranging from civic type rs, fiesta rs turbos, punto gts, renault 5s etc,etc. The most powerful car I owned was a 430+ gtir but maintaning and running the car was to high. My gt advance has 188bhp but is far more fun to drive. A starlet gt will easily beat a fiesta rs turbo evan with 210bhp. The starlet is the fastest small hatchback available to buy in the uk. 0-60 with its 130bhp is 6.7sec equal to a 225 cupra r.and the starlet keeps on going. It weighs less than a nova gte, and you can get more bhp from its 1.3 turbo than the fiestas 1.6 turbo. There is curently one in my area running 287bhp and evos, skylines, supras cant touch it.but u obviously have to spend money to get the bhp up.the starlet gt is also better built than a fiesta rs turbo. I'm not slagging the fiesta rs turbo. They are still good cars and can be tuned very well, but they will never be as good as the starlet gt. I think it works out easier to have the 2.1 zetec turbo engine in the fiesta and tune that instead. I love my fiesta rs1800 to bits. Its not got the turbo but drives very well and slightly slower than a fiesta rs turbo. I will not part with it, I would like a fiesta rs with the 2.1 zetec turbo. I'm not quite sure what price to pay. I saw one for 4 grand running 228bhp.

Pandysrst's Response to MAD MAX's Review

Written on: 13/09/2004

my mate had a charade gtti and it was one of the fastest in the uk with 1/4 mile times in 14.3 sec but i have just got a fiesta rs turbo and it has heavy mod and is putting out 195 bhp at wheels running 7 psi and that is very low boost it can run at 13 to 14 psi but cant keep the car on the road as it to power full. The mods i have are T3 turbo off escort cossie kent cam -30 actuator bleed valve that is closed lightened fly wheel green injectors uprated ecu and a 195 chip and a dump valve. but still have to put a big intercooler off rs 200 and a induction kit

Barspinmatt's Response to MAD MAX's Review

Written on: 09/01/2004

I think for the sake of the above argument, why then is a kit car like the Lacost, or Cateram 7, with a basic 150BHP engine one of the fastest cars any man or woman can own? it's weight, you can have 50 BHP but if that's only pulling 1 KG of wieght then it will ripp! The charade is utterly lighter than a Scooby, and I wouldn't be shocked to hear of a charade or say a stripped out R5 GTT on a stage 2 tune (200ish BHP) wasting anything bigger than it up to 5th gear. It's simple physics, lbs Of Torque and BHP on a light casis will beat most things, hence the Cateram and many cars with Bike engines that actually are statistically faster than 3.5 seconds to 60.
<br>
<br>one more example of this, a MK2 XR2, (I'm not a fan) on an NA 145 BHP engine (CVH) stripped with enough carbon goodies and glass fibre panels to evaporate at 60mph that runs the traffic light grand prix, has beaten a 700bhp car up the 400 meter strip every time. Fair enough if the other car sorts the suspension and dumps the ice, in exchange for a set of gears he will surly win.
<br>
<br>But the Charade GTi is hot on my list for my next car, and I can't wait to ripp past cars with twice the ammount of BHP and bills in excess of 20 grand for under 300BHP including the motor.

“The Ford Fiesta RS Turbo is an all round good car to...”

Written on: 08/10/2003 by doddy (1 review written)

The Ford Fiesta RS Turbo is an all round good car to own but be careful of used and abused ones! FFSH is a must ! Welch owners beware due to the turbo, the increase in fuel consumption up hills is staggering! the engine doesnt like to be labboured to much… Read Full Review

Mattbibs's Response to doddy's Review

Written on: 15/12/2003

Bad points? overheating isnt a problem with mine! i have a bailey swirl pot, oil separator and bailey header tank (which apparently cope with higher pressures which means the engine runs cooler for longer) I don't know about the last 1 though! my head gasket went on 2nd day due 2 the fan not kicking in - since then its been as cold as a penguin's milkshake!! lovely! it neva goes above M on the temp gauge unless on tick over!

“This car is wicked. my Ford Fiesta RS Turbo beats most...”

Written on: 10/09/2003 by GANDALF (1 review written)

This car is wicked. my Ford Fiesta RS Turbo beats most cars at the lights and I dont even maximise the in-car turbo boost. I would seriously recommend buying one if you can afford it. There is sensible room in the car for passengers and even with a large set of Kenwood 12's in the boot there is enough space to fit a large childrens buggy, no room for the shopping though!
Possible modifications,
DUMP VALVE
CLEAR LIGHT CONVERSION
TWIN… Read Full Review

121621_Peter25's Response to GANDALF's Review

Written on: 24/09/2003

i just bought a ford fiesta LX 1.1 1994 Mreg as my 1st car. Im being offred insurance of about £2400-£3000 and cant believe how expensive it is. Can anyone recomend a cheap car insurance company or let me know how much your insurance costs because i dont have a clue at the moment.

Mattbibs's Response to GANDALF's Review

Written on: 10/11/2004

They cant go much faster. Save your cash to go towards a car that is fast as standard!

Chew's Response to GANDALF's Review

Written on: 10/11/2004

I have a 1.1 1997 fiesta mk3 how can I make it faster its way too slow?

Akimc's Response to GANDALF's Review

Written on: 15/03/2004

I got a 1.1, What mods can I do engine wise to make the piece of rubbish move?.

Mattbibs's Response to GANDALF's Review

Written on: 15/12/2003

why are concentrating on the exterior mods wen you have 1 of the most tunable engines ford produced?? I have a first as well & im running standard boost at the mo & i havent lost a race off the lights - that includes r5 turbos!! the reason of this reply is ask about your in car boost. do u adjust the fuelling when you turn it up at the lights & what boost are u turning it up 2?? are you running a standard intercooler as well??

Fiesta's Response to GANDALF's Review

Written on: 11/11/2003

yes im paying £1000 on my fiesta mk3 1.1 azura.

“i think the car is very nice it is fast and easy to...”

Written on: 18/07/2003 by tom gaves. (1 review written)

i think the car is very nice it is fast and easy to modify it still looks get for an old car. The turbo is very strong… Read Full Review

“In standard form the fiesta is'nt that quick but it is...”

Written on: 27/06/2003 by RAVI. (1 review written)

In standard form the fiesta is'nt that quick but it is a very versatile engine with a lot of tuning potential. I have spent thousands on the car, the engine is stage 2 spec, it has more power than a standard wrx scooby but it is only good for around 35000 miles. but those are very fun miles. all in all this is a weekend car, something i would recomend for fun use in the summer, for an everyday car it would not be practical and reliability would be considerably compromised… Read Full Review

Mad Max's Response to 111081_RAVI.'s Review

Written on: 29/11/2003

i'm not to sure it could bet a subaru unless you spend alot and a alot of money on it and do you do a lot of street raceing i do and where do you come from

Rajbanerjee's Response to 111081_RAVI.'s Review

Written on: 02/12/2003

not really into street racing, more into just thrashing it around the moors, (northwales).