Citroen ZX 2.0 16V Reviews

Media Gallery for Citroen ZX 2.0 16V

Citroen ZX 2.0 16V
Citroen ZX 2.0 16V

“Fast little car!”

Written on: 11/03/2013 by playmonkey (1 review written)

I bought a green ZX 16V demonstrator from a main dealer and the car was totally reliable. Totally loved the passive rear wheel steering and brakes. Acceleration off the line was not that impressive tho once moving it covered ground really quickly. Handling was really impressive and it coped brilliantly through all weather including heavy snow. Main dealer servicing was pricey and the tyres were £150 each though found a supplier charging £80. After hard commuting driving of around 100k the… Read Full Review

“Citroen zx volcane 16v auto very rare”

Written on: 23/08/2011 by Bigred1722 (1 review written)

i got mine 10 months ago and it brilliant always have a smile on my face when driving it I don't understand though mines is a98 model but every where I look they stopped in 96 making the zx and brought out the xsara instead even rarer mines is an auto iv checked they made the zx volcane in auto but no mention if they made the 16 v version in auto it says in my log book very clearly I'm confused anybody got any ideas about this … Read Full Review

“Hi, ”

Written on: 28/08/2010

Hi,
i've actually owned three of these cars the first was bought from a used car dealer in Queensferry, and was pushed in the corner of the showroom as all who came to buy couldn't afford the insurance, i had this car for 3 years after the 2nd year i tried to see how fast it wne and pushed it to the limit and then had to replace the engine which came from london and took 2 days to remove and fit the new one, i then sold it on and the new owner wrote it off, the 2nd one came from Ipswich and… Read Full Review

“anyone want to buy a zx 20l 16v email...”

Written on: 31/05/2010 by christob (1 review written)

anyone want to buy a zx 20l 16v email transporter@live.co.uk… Read Full Review

“I've just got rid of my 1.4i reflex Citroen ZX this...”

Written on: 28/05/2008 by speedfreako8 (1 review written)

I've just got rid of my 1.4i reflex Citroen ZX this car made me want to get another zx but with more oomph, these cars are amazing at handling and got good looks with the right model! I traveled to London from Sheffield to pick up my 2.0 16v, its silver and in mint condition, L reg 1994, 66k on clock, yeah it € s only got 150bhp but it € s the one I wanted because I hate the bonnet, grill and steering wheel on the later model! Most cars do lose if raced! I € ve just ordered my induction… Read Full Review

“I have a 96 P Citroen ZX 2.0 16V in red and it is...”

Written on: 27/12/2005 by paulzx (1 review written)

I have a 96 P Citroen ZX 2.0 16V in red and it is mint. With only 55K on the clock but it only has that rubbish 150bhp engine in it. So I would love to know if the 167bhp lump wold go in without too much trouble? I also own a GTi6 but they are soooo common and I am fed up with it. The ZX is ever so cool and I love the fact noone knows what she is… Read Full Review

Christob's Response to paulzx's Review

Written on: 07/01/2009

im new here,i have a k reg red zx 2.0 i 16v,lowered,sainless,alloys etc,chipped,its the dogs

“The early 155Bhp model Citroen ZX 2.016V was actually...”

Written on: 06/08/2004 by gareth32 (1 review written)

The early 155Bhp model Citroen ZX 2.016V was actually 150Bhp, this made it more of a tepid hatch than hot. The later engine 167Bhp is the prefered engine, it can be found in the 306 GTI-6 and the Xsara VTS, these cars are super rare though, and most owners won't want to part with them. The 150Bhp engine has a strange, yet fascinating, intake system which makes a lovely induction noise but it can go wrong. I has small vacuum actuators that break easily and a small electro-valve which controls… Read Full Review

“I've had several ZX's now, but the Citroen ZX 2.016V...”

Written on: 03/01/2004 by gjb02storm (1 review written)

I've had several ZX's now, but the Citroen ZX 2.016V is the one I've always wanted. Due to the previous owners lack of servicing though, I've just had to spend a silly amount of money on repairing the cylinder head. It was badly corroded through lack of proper anti-corrosive coolant. Still the car is now up and running, oh and does it run. Very quick car, I traded a moderately tuned Saxo VTR for this car, and I'm not disappointed. At least I don't have to watch over my shoulder for any other… Read Full Review

“The Citroen ZX 2.016V is a superb car and a brilliant...”

Written on: 26/11/2003 by macca (1 review written)

The Citroen ZX 2.016V is a superb car and a brilliant buy if you can find one. I bought my P'reg 167bhp version with 38k on the clock this year for 2k. Try buying a P reg Golf GTI, 306 GTI6 (almost identical car) or equivalent for that!

Its fast and powerful. 0-20mph isnt brilliant but as the revs climb it shifts. On motorways its great for dropping down and overtaking as the power is very useable at higher speeds. You will always surprise more 'recognised' sports cars with its turn of speed… Read Full Review

Paulzx's Response to macca's Review

Written on: 15/02/2006

Let me know if you want to sell it?

“I have owned several fast cars, 205gti, r5gt, uno...”

Written on: 26/06/2003 by Gazza. (1 review written)

I have owned several fast cars, 205gti, r5gt, uno turbo and 16v astra but this Citroen ZX 2.016V is abit of a wolf in sheeps clothing. Extremely rapid accelaration, absolutely is glued to the road and stops on a dime. I have seen off several of the above without any trouble and can't fault it performance wise. 0-60 in 6.5 secs and 145 top speed. 160bhp standard however mine has been increased to 203. Abit thirsty but what can u expect. Some problems with the electric windows failing but apart… Read Full Review

Goose.'s Response to 110916_Gazza.'s Review

Written on: 09/07/2003

fair play mate i own a 1.4 reflex and have gone nuts over it. i have done every thing possible to do to one. full custom bodykit the lot no off the shelf bits, no expense spared the time has come for the little 1.4 to move on so im onthe search for a 20.16v zx i cant get enough of them do u know of any minters around and would u know of any possible buyers of my own pics of it can be seen at cruisewales.com look for gareths citroen zx. mail me back 4 a chat. keep it real!!!

269112_James Ryan's Response to 110916_Gazza.'s Review

Written on: 01/12/2006

Help!! I'm looking for a 2.0 ltr 16v Citroen ZX, and I can't seem to find any for sale. Does anyone have any tips of where to look??

Macca's Response to 110916_Gazza.'s Review

Written on: 26/01/2004

The 0-60 'listed' figures would suggest that you'd be left behind. 'Listed' top speed is the same though you'd need a track day to prove it! I would imagine the 'hot hatch' set up in the zx would also mean the Xantia would be whooped on corners. Another great french car budget secret though. How does the v6 sound? Is it the same engine as in the 406?

Louis1's Response to 110916_Gazza.'s Review

Written on: 25/01/2004

Hi i have a xantia 3.0 v6 how would my car car stack up against a zx 16v because I like them

Morts's Response to 110916_Gazza.'s Review

Written on: 03/12/2003

About 7 seconds according to various french and english sites i've seen and as far as i know the 0-60 time for the 150bhp one is 7.9 in the hands of the right driver!

Macca's Response to 110916_Gazza.'s Review

Written on: 26/11/2003

I have a P'reg 167bhp version and love it. It is mint.Does anyone know the official 0-60 for this version? My estimates vary. I have a copy of 92 car magazine and the original 150bhp says 8.5. Does anyone have figures on how many were supplied to the UK? I've only ever seen 3 on the road. I've seen more Lotus Carltons!
<br>
<br>I've seen off some much more fancied cars; GTI's, my brothers 2.5 V6 cougar, even an FTO.

Morts's Response to 110916_Gazza.'s Review

Written on: 08/11/2003

The zx was fitted with three engines.
<br>
<br>1. launched in 1993 with a 150bhp engine(citroen made a boo-boo and couldn't get it up to 155bhp as they wanted.
<br>
<br>2. engine replaced in 1994 with 155bhp unit (although i have seen some 150bhp 1994 models).
<br>
<br>3. In 1996 the zx was given the 167bhp unit fitted to the peugeot gti-6.
<br>
<br>I'm trying to find out how easy it is to put the later engine with its management system in the older car, can anyone help?
<br>
<br>I'm probably going to have a go anyway when i buy one because ones with less than 90,000miles are like gold dust.

Bungle3's Response to 110916_Gazza.'s Review

Written on: 03/10/2003

I own a Zx 1.4i temptation on a 97 R plate. I was impressed with the spec of the model [full electrics as standard] - but am a wee bit disappointed with the performance...hence my interest in the 2.oi 16v.
<br>
<br>My mate has the standard 2.oi - and doesnt seem very impressed [his previous car was a Pug 1.9 GTI]
<br>
<br>So, until I can afford the necessary engine transplant [the 16v models seem so rare] - I was wondering where I can source some top-notch gear to make my ZX look good for the mo? Any ideas would be gratefully received - mattpassmore1980@hotmail.com

Tecw's Response to 110916_Gazza.'s Review

Written on: 19/08/2003

in response to original post....
<br>I TOO HAVE HAD A FEW GTIS AND GTES... THEY R SLOW COMPARED TO MY MI16 CONVERTED ZX VOLCANE.
<br>190BHP N/A 16V STARTED OUT IN A BX WITH 160BHP.
<br> 0-60 in 6.5 secs and 145 top speed. 160bhp
<br>standard however mine has been increased to 203.
<br>IM PUZZLED. I HAVE ESTIMATED 190BHP WITH 0-60 IN 5 SECONDS (RECORDED). THE 16V ZX IS A CAST BLOCK NOT ALLY RIGHT? 145 BHP IN THE BOOK.SO HOW DO U GET 160BHP STANDARD?
<br>
<br>Abit thirsty but what can u expect.
<br>I GET ABOUT 325MILES TO A TANK OF OPTIMAX HALF SENSIBLE DRIVING AND HALF FOOT TO THE FLOOR.
<br> Some problems with the electric windows failing
<br>MINE DID TOO! WAS SWITCHES!
<br> Spares are expensive but easily available from other sources and some peugeot parts are the same. I do get miffed when people think it's the volcane model. The difference between them is the 2.0 16v has side skirts and different alloys and a nice little 2.0i badge on the front wing. Do not try one of these on as if you do you will probably no definately lose out....
<br>
<br>THE VOLCANES EXHUAST IS SMALLER BORE THAN THE PUT 205 GTI, ALSO ID SAY THE ECU LIMITS ITS PERFORMANCE MAKEING THE VOLCANE A RESTRICTED VERSION OF THE 1.9GTI?
<br>
<br>FOR THE GUY WITH THE 1.4 REFLEX... GO SALVAGE A CRASH DAMAGED MI16 OR BX 16V. MAKE SURE ITS TE EARLYER MODEL WITH THE LIGHTER ALLY BLOCK AND 160BHP AS OPPOSED TO THE 145 CAST BLOCK.
<br>
<br>BY THE WAY WHAT MODS IN YR 16V MATE? MAIL ME THE SPECS AND LOCATION... THANX.
<br>TOM.WALTERS2@NTLWORLD.COM