Cool i-cam Reviews

Cool i-cam - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Cool i-cam

☆☆☆☆☆
Cool i-cam

“ok, this camera is not a good product. It may look...”

Written on: 17/11/2003 by cutestephie (1 review written)

ok, this camera is not a good product. It may look cute, and it may say that the pictures are quality pictures, but they are not! this is a piece of crud!! it doesnt work on windows xp, and the webcam doesnt work. All i see on msn when i try to use it is a black sreen!! it sucks!
there is nothing good about it at all!!!… Read Full Review

Cool i-cam

“I would recommend the Cool i-cam digiotal camera to...”

Written on: 16/09/2002 by ruby. (1 review written)

I would recommend the Cool i-cam digiotal camera to anybody looking for a minute, hi tech, hi quality capture device… Read Full Review

41695_Alex.'s Response to 38102_ruby.'s Review

Written on: 04/10/2002

"Cool-i Cam movi": Could anyone please help me find the drivers/software for this camera? Somebody is trying to sell it to me, but he doesn't have any CDs with software or drivers of any kind. Please..please help me...At the same time, if connected to a PC, will this cam work without a smart media card, like a web cam? I really need to know, because if it is useless without the CD soft or without the card, I don't know if it's worth the money (about 80 Euro). Is it? I'd appreciate any help!

62509_Amtrakuk.'s Response to 38102_ruby.'s Review

Written on: 05/01/2003

The drivers for the Cool I-cam can be downloaded from the I-cam website : http://www.cool-icam.com/
I use mine as a webcam with very clear results. The only problem I can find is it uses AAA batterys. Maybe they should use AA for longer life?
Andy

Cool i-cam

“The Cool i-cam is a brilliant little gadget that...”

Written on: 16/03/2002 by JamieP. (1 review written)

The Cool i-cam is a brilliant little gadget that bridges the gap between webcams and top of the range digital cameras. I had this working brilliantly with Win98, however I cannot get it working with WinME - a possible driver problem here even with updated drivers from the manufacturers site. If anyone has had this product fully functional under WinME, or could recommend an updated driver, I would love to get some more information!… Read Full Review

Andys15.'s Response to JamieP.'s Review

Written on: 09/04/2002

here r links 2 updated drivers 4 the cool i-cam http://www.otherlandtoys.co.uk/cooldrivers.htm

Jamie1's Response to JamieP.'s Review

Written on: 19/02/2004

I have just bought a cool i cam from ebay. The drivers loaded without fault on my pc's in work running both windows 98 and xp, when I got home and installed the software on windows me, nothing but fails.
<br>Install the software then go to control panel, install new hardware and select movi, install the software from the windows update site. I cannot guarrantee this, but it worked for me

Taxiway.'s Response to JamieP.'s Review

Written on: 18/09/2002

I totally agree. It was purchased for me as a birthday present, but will not work with ME. I haven't downloaded the update from the wesite, but judging by this review, may not make a difference. The software interface comes up broken in pieces. Looks like it was programmed by a kindergardener! If you can't get your pictures from your camera to the PC and no support from the manufacturer . . . .then the camera is only good for hanging off your keychain so you can find your keys. Oh, and I tried it under Windows 2000. It will transfer pictures to the PC, but none of the picture enhancement features work.

“I'd give it a 8/10 ”

Written on: 21/09/2001 by Steve. (1 review written)

I'd give it a 8/10

Peace out ma homi's!… Read Full Review

Cool i-cam

“Quite easy to use camera, but has serious problem with...”

Written on: 31/07/2001 by melmel. (1 review written)

Quite easy to use camera, but has serious problem with white balance. Means, if taking a picture of something like colorful flowers, on a dark background,it "burns" the color and makes it look white on the picture. Also the lens could have a better construction.(At least some other cheap cameras do not distort the image)

In general, I'm satisfied with this purchase, because I can shoot as many pictures as I want, and without spending on printing… Read Full Review

Cool i-cam

“This is a smashing little camera .We purchased it for...”

Written on: 22/07/2001 by joseph ROBINSON. (1 review written)

This is a smashing little camera .We purchased it for our son's 9th birthday and he hasn't put it down since. It's idiot proof and an adult can easily use it!!
This is an ideal starter for young and old and we are looking forward to using it as a webcam . Just have to find someone else who has one… Read Full Review

15811_Steve Mc.'s Response to 3059_joseph ROBINSON.'s Review

Written on: 13/03/2002

I found this review to be balanced and it has probably pushed me over the edge and willing to take a chance on a cheap digital camera to see if I like it.

Cool i-cam

“Was not sure about digital cameras so I thought I...”

Written on: 28/05/2001 by Mark Williams. (1 review written)

Was not sure about digital cameras so I thought I would experiment with a cool-i-cam to start with. I am very impressed and will be investing in a better camera in the near future, but for now the cool-i-cam is so small to carry around, so easy to use and so easy to download the images-the camera serves its purpose wonderfully… Read Full Review

Cool i-cam

“Apart from the stand and cable issues, this is a very...”

Written on: 17/05/2001 by James McKay. (1 review written)

Apart from the stand and cable issues, this is a very good camera, some work could be done with the software included in the package as it is very basic… Read Full Review