Youngs Suit Hire Reviews

Media Gallery for Youngs Suit Hire

Youngs Suit Hire

“Just plain incompentant”

Written on: 03/04/2014

I don't have the words to explain how bad the service we received was. The staff don't seem to understand their own process. After the try on they told us that the orders had to be made online. When I went online the website said it needed to be done in store. When I returned and told them this they just said 'oh right, we didn't know that'. They offered no apology for wasting our time. I warn you, you had better make sure all the extras you require (hats, cufflinks, shoes etc) are added when… Read Full Review

“Truly terrible service. Do not use”

Written on: 30/03/2014 by McMahan244 (1 review written)

Poor service and really couldn't care less. Measurements weren't taken properly and suits were delivered too late to change as well as being dirty. Do not use for any occasion....especially not your wedding day. They may be cheap but definately not worth it! … Read Full Review

“Unprofessional and terrible”

Written on: 21/06/2013

They just cannot seem to provide a suit that is the size I asked for and a shirt that doesn't have a button hanging loosely off (and thus looking terrible)… Read Full Review

“Mourning Suit”

Written on: 15/02/2013

I must be the only person pleased with Youngs service after reading other reviews. Suit and shoes measured for and sample fitting a week later picked suit up and tried for size perfect will definitely use again recommended… Read Full Review

“DO NOT TRUST these guys with your wedding outfits!”

Written on: 31/12/2012 by Kirillius (6 reviews written)

AVOID - you do not want your wedding to be jeopardised by these guys' incompetence. Used this company via DEBENHAMS in Oxford St. London to hire a groom's outfit. Had a fitting session and ordered the items, which took several weeks to come into the store. Picked up the items just before the wedding and realised that the tie that was delivered was not the one I placed the order for. At that point it was all too late to change anything with people at the store being adamant saying this is what… Read Full Review

Hollynichols's Response to Kirillius's Review

Written on: 26/09/2013

Hi, my outfit came in the Monday before my wedding, I tried it on on the Tuesday, and everything fitted, if I needed to change anything I was told I could, within a couple of days, if you don't try the outfit on until the Friday before your wedding, you can't blame debenhams, I went into the Basingstoke branch, and found them to be very, very good.

“PLEASE AVOID YOUNGS @ DEBENHAMS LEEDS @ ANY COST”

Written on: 27/09/2012 by spbenge (1 review written)

we ordered 2 suits ( groom and best man ) had a fitting and paid in full, told to go back 10-14 days before to collect them , we went back and tried them on , mine was fine the best mans had the wrong size trousers and was told to come back next week ( the day before our wedding to get the correct ones!! we did get the correct ones after half an hour wait and been given the wrong size ones again ( luckily he tried them on to realise ) i explained i had lost my receipt and they said fine as i… Read Full Review

Bigoz's Response to spbenge's Review

Written on: 23/10/2012

The return date for suits is next working day after the function, the outfits for 2 days late and as a result charges were applied as per terms and conditions that are explained to all customers at the time of booking

Spbenge's reply to Bigoz's Comment

Written on: 23/10/2012

there were no comments at the time of the booking about returning the suits at a particular time, as neither me or my best man heard!! , nether the less debenhams nor youngs can be bothered to reply to findings there were "looking into" or their area manager was looking into! THEY NEVER SAID WHEN DUE BACK!! and how many people read their receipt apart from cost?? and after explaining when collecting that i`d misplaced it , PLEASE READ FULLY BEFORE COMMENTING < AND OH CHANGE THE RECORD!!!!!!!!!!

Hollynichols's reply to Spbenge's Comment

Hi,

The return date is on your receipt, if you ordered two outfits you would have two receipts, one each, every customer is told this, no exceptions!

Spbenge's reply to Hollynichols's Comment

Written on: 27/09/2013

Do you not read the receipts were lost/misplaced !!

Hollynichols's reply to Spbenge's Comment

Written on: 27/09/2013

You could have rung the store, if you would like to complain just pop into any debs,and ask for a self addressed envelope , the staff should always try and help.

Spbenge's reply to Hollynichols's Comment

Written on: 27/09/2013

I did and for your information I was told to email Mr underhill and they would look into it but nothing was done . As per usual they didn't care about my situation. I have so far directed 2 people to using other wedding hire after they heard of my problems which they agree I was in the right and will continue to guide friends away from using youngs .

“BE AWARE. DO NOT USE!!!”

Written on: 25/07/2011

I advise anyone looking for suit hire not to use this company via DEBENHAMS. I looked everywhere for wedding suits found one i liked. went to Debenhams was told i can order them any time upto 12 days before our wedding. I told the person we would arrange for fittings 3 months before the wedding, also told him we was arranging the whole colour theme around the colour of the suit. Guess what? Phoned up 8 weeks later, 3 months before our wedding like i said before, yes you guessed it they could… Read Full Review

Hi,

At the time of ordering your suits the hire company was changing the suppliers, this would not have been told to the staff until after this was completed, unfortunately this was after you first looked.

“disgraceful service”

Written on: 23/06/2011 by antpulham (1 review written)

i ordered my suits and waistcoats back in January. in total i had 1 whole suit, 7 waistcoats with shirts and cravats. waistcoats are meant to be the same except from mine ( the grooms ) took 1 group to be measured 1 morning, done no problem, when i took the 2nd group to be measured in the afternoon it turned out that the bloke put down that the 2nd has already been measured. COMPLETELY WRONG. so had to make a 3rd trip to get everyone measured. i changed the type of waistcoat 3 months before… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to antpulham's Review

Written on: 04/07/2011

its now after the wedding, luckily i managed to get some compensation back but not much. had to drive around on my own wedding day to pick up last remaining waistcoat. waste of space.

“They are just bad take your money and don't deliver...”

Written on: 28/04/2011

They are just bad take your money and don't deliver the suits, 5 suits booked months ago for my sons wedding and only his has come in and they cannot guarantee the other suits will arrive, its 6 days until the wedding, thank god for Moss Bros Ashford Kent, my wife contacted them yesterday and they cannot be more helpful guararteeing they will get the suits the day before the wedding which is cutting it fine but very short notice for Moss Bros, so go to Moss Bros if you want suit hire, AVOID… Read Full Review

Written on: 26/09/2013

I did go to moss, and found myself stepping over stock on the floor, that was enough for me......

“The lady @ Suits You Ashford bent over backwards, my...”

Written on: 30/11/2010

The lady @ Suits You Ashford bent over backwards, my dad was difficult to say the least, he didn't want to wear tails but by the end she had him eating out of her hands, when the suits arrived and we went in for the fitting there was a few items that didn't fit but all were re ordered, the quality of the suits wasn't the best but a good experience… Read Full Review

“Appauling! Do not use Youngs suit hire. The Cambridge...”

Written on: 14/09/2010

Appauling! Do not use Youngs suit hire. The Cambridge Petty Cury Branch had the rudest store manager, staff are not trained and have no ideas what they're doing. It is 8 days until our wedding and 3 out of 5 suits are wrong again, and in sooo many ways. We have informed them of there error and they and they just keeping sending more sizes, which are all still WRONG!! If I ask for a 32x28, dont send me a 36x27, or a 32x32. I want a 32x28...no chance. Staff are rude, blame the warehouse… Read Full Review

Hi,

The suppliers have now changed, and yes it was the wh that was getting the orders wrong, see debs young web site for details.

“Booked for a wedding suit at Hatfield Galleria at...”

Written on: 08/09/2010 by Dressmaker (1 review written)

Booked for a wedding suit at Hatfield Galleria at Suits You. Manager, very unhelpful. No tail coats to try for size and fit, so used a suit jacket off the rack. Said at start we shouldn't expect anything wonderful as it was hired. When it came in you could have put a pillow up the front of the jacket. Waistcoat back of such poor quality, the inside label was clearly visible from outside. Shirt provided, looked like a cheap kids school shirt in polycotton. Waistcoat delivered in wrong colour… Read Full Review

Hollynichols's Response to Dressmaker's Review

Suits you have now gone

“My sister is using youngs at lakeside and the service...”

Written on: 31/08/2010

My sister is using youngs at lakeside and the service has been rubbish. Her suits were meant to be here on 26th August 2010, only 3 turned up, then they told her deffantly would be here on 31st August 2010 still no suits turned up. They have just been fobbing her off telling her one story but when she spoke to head office they tell her something complete different. I would deffantly not recommend this firm no matter what branch you go to as i have had two weddings with the same problem, and… Read Full Review

“Under no circumstances use this company. ”

Written on: 29/08/2010

Under no circumstances use this company.
Had to give 1 star as 0 star was not an option.

Ordered wedding suits 8 months in advance. They were not available 10 days before as advertised. 7 days before every single suit was wrong. Nothing fit, 6ft4in Usher was given a boys suit with 31 inside leg- His inside leg is more than 33in!

Company could not supply the correct items and 4 days before the wedding they said they would have to give us a refund and we would have to use another company or… Read Full Review

“Ridiculous service, its now 6 days until our wedding...”

Written on: 25/08/2010

Ridiculous service, its now 6 days until our wedding day and still no suit for the Groom! We used the Youngs in the Betall Centre, Kingston and hired our suits in December 2009! Plus the attitude of the staff in this branch is appauling and they just don;t cre that its your wedding day, which is one of the most important days of your lives!… Read Full Review

Written on: 26/09/2013

This has all changed, all the bad reviews are old, see debenhams.

“wedding in 8 days away and the 7 suits were ordered...”

Written on: 20/08/2010

wedding in 8 days away and the 7 suits were ordered with youngs! 1 measurement got lost and it might be in 2 days before the wedding! i asked the guy who had an attitude that stank, what if the suit didnt fit! the answer i got was that he would give me money towards tailoring. What a complete joke. One of the other suits has no trousers and another has no waistcoat or jacket! Wouldnt recommend them if they were the last place on earth!… Read Full Review

“Having ordered an initial 9 suits for our wedding...”

Written on: 18/08/2010 by andyjjj (1 review written)

Having ordered an initial 9 suits for our wedding party 3 months before the wedding, it's now 8 days before and we are still having problems with Youngs Suit Hire.

Each member of the party was measured in store at the Fort Shopping centre, Birmingham 6 weeks before and for almost every person this was done incorrectly. Some sizes had to be rung through to the warehouse by a staff member, but this was not done and we were left in limbo whether they could actually obtain these sizes, even… Read Full Review

Hollynichols's Response to andyjjj's Review

Written on: 26/09/2013

Moss bros deliver 2 days before!!!!!!!

“youngs suit hire in suits for you. this store is a...”

Written on: 15/08/2010 by sea78 (1 review written)

youngs suit hire in suits for you. this store is a total disgrace.

we get married in 6 DAYS and have ordered 9 suits. with which only 2 are the correct measurement and one of them has a snapped in half button on the shirt.

1. we ordered 9 suits and they lost 1 & only gave us 8.
2. they mixed up all the names and sizes.
3. they found our lost suit ...it was the same 1st name but from somebody else's wedding.
4. the replaced suit was black (should have been gray)
5. we arranged to meet and sort… Read Full Review

“I can't begin to describe my disappointment in this...”

Written on: 11/08/2010 by BigP101 (1 review written)

I can't begin to describe my disappointment in this store. Just hired Tails for wedding from the trafford centre. Store. Left waiting for half an hour at the fitting even though staff were not doing anything. When I went to pick up my suit informed they had lost my measurements. Told they would rush one for the next day. It never showed up. Continually ignored my phone calls - I witnessed assistant pretending not to be in the store when other disgruntled customers (and I witnessed plenty of… Read Full Review

“Six of us went for fitting of our morning suits, only...”

Written on: 13/06/2010 by deliciouskitchen (4 reviews written)

Six of us went for fitting of our morning suits, only one person gets everything in correct size. They promised all should be ok at next fitting, keeping fingers crossed. Overheard other group got the same problem. Do they realised how stressful to organise a wedding, the last thing I want is to worry about bestman & usher morning suits. Should have gone to somwhere else… Read Full Review