Debenhams Wedding Service Reviews

Debenhams Wedding Service - Ask a question now

“terrible!!!”

Written on: 10/06/2014

Would strongly discourage any one to use Debenhams suit hire in Norwich. The whole service has been a utter joke, and caused us massive stress just before our wedding. Not only did they lose peoples measurements, get every thing completely muddled up, there measuring was so far out items of the suits were fitting my 2 yr old which were suppose to be for my 5 yr old and the other way. We got measured months in advance and less than a week before our wedding they told the father of the groom they… Read Full Review

“Avoid if you can!”

Written on: 29/04/2014 by HeathSelf (1 review written)

Awful service from start to finish - well I say finish the saga continues on and on! A few of the particularly bad points: they showed purchased items as unpurchased so people bought the same gifts. Luckily they don't appear to have charged the initial buyers but some are unaware their chosen gifts were reallocated. They never sent a 'giftcard' to which all our giftvouchers are allocated to. They didn't deliver some of our gifts so we had to chase up only to find out they no longer do them -… Read Full Review

“Kalina at Ilford store is fantastic ”

Written on: 23/03/2014 by PrestonCross (1 review written)

Just signed up to hire suits at the Ilford store and Kalina who works there is great she couldn't do enough for you… Read Full Review

“Wedding list failed us....”

Written on: 15/03/2013

Hi. We signed up for this as the Brighton store are lovely and helpful - and all our guests are spread out so the online service was "sold" to us. It has never worked though... 3 out of the 4 weeks now it has been unavailable - and our guests are asking us what to do - I am emailing Head Office (no phone number) and they politely tell me it will be next week blah blah blah It is the ONLY stressful part of organising our big day, and making us look like fools… Read Full Review

“Awful, awful awful”

Written on: 01/09/2012 by BauerJ (1 review written)

Please take my advice and do not touch Young's suit hire at Debenhams with a barge pole. I had 7 groomsmen scattered around the country all needing suits so going with a trusted brand like Debenhams seemed like a sensible option given their availability for everyone. So despite arranging an appointment I didn't get to try anything on. List of issues: - Groomsmen receiving poor service, most being told to go away and book appointments despite only needing to be measured. The whole point of… Read Full Review

“Youngs at Debenhams Ipswich”

Written on: 15/03/2012 by Dabsoftheyard (1 review written)

My son decided to go to Youngs in the Ipswich Debenhams to hire the suits for his forthcoming wedding where we were served by Russell Smith. He is a very smart, friendly young man who knows the full range of the hire products and gave us excellent service. Nothing was too much trouble and he made sure that we were measured accurately, that we were shown a wide range of alternatives until we were satisfied with our choice and that the items were available. All were delivered on the promised… Read Full Review

“Avoid like the plague!”

Written on: 17/02/2012

I chose to use Debenhams Colchester to hire suits for my upcoming wedding; based on the cost, the suits themselves and Debenhams being a trusted name I felt confident going with them. After the initial fitting and choosing what we wanted we were assured I would be contacted shortly to have a try-on. In five weeks I heard nothing. I eventually contacted them myself only to be told a suit had been waiting for me for the past 3 weeks, but they lost my phone number! This should have been enough… Read Full Review

Hi,

When you get measured the suits come in the Monday of the wedding week, if you want a try on before just go to the debs web site, and you can order one in, to your local store, nothing could be easier!

“Shocking stressful and would never recommend!!”

Written on: 05/01/2012

I wish we had read the reviews before using debenhams for our wedding suit hire!!! Suits were sent to the wrong stores and I was asked to go and collect them!! Wrong dates from debenhams for collecting the suits - they weren't in and we weren't phoned in advance. Not one call from debenhams in 10 weeks. My nephews suit arriving with trousers 4 sizes too big, an adult tie, the wrong jacket and a shirt 2 sizes too big - we were asked to come back to collect again with no apology. We asked for it… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 29/03/2012

can i just add the idea of going for a fitting is to makes sure it fits people are not reading the tearms and contracts that the staff give to you its up till 9 oclock of the day of your wedding for the staff to get it right so why complain about the staff when they are doing there job sometimes it can take up to 4 attempts on children its like hiring a car you cant have your goods till its all 100%

Hi,

When returning your suits please get them back the next working day after it's your wedding day, but why mess up someone else's by not returning on time.

“disaster at DEBENHAMS!”

Written on: 21/10/2011 by honest69 (1 review written)

hi all,came across this site as i was looking to inform anyone who requires info of our families experience when using Debenhams Wedding Hire Service, It was my brother and his now wife who thought they would be a good choice as they advertise a professional service etc and have all the stores around the UK which helps if you have family meeting up for a wedding that come from all over the country as ours do. Firstly the service i found from my local store was hit and miss dependent on who… Read Full Review

Hollynichols's Response to honest69's Review

Written on: 27/09/2013

You can arrange to try on an outfit in your sizes, by going to debs youngs web site, and ordering on line, if all debenhams had stock in every thing they hire, there would be no room for off the peg suits.

“very worrying”

Written on: 17/07/2011

I wish I had read these reviews earlier. Our wedding is a month away, but the signs are that we will suffer the same stress-inducing 'service' from Debenhams as previous reviews. Before, during and after ordering six formal hire suits, we checked that our far-flung relatives/friends could get measured and fitted at their local stores, and then finally collect their suits at the Edinburgh store (to save having to carry them in cars / trains / buses across the country). "Yes, yes, not a… Read Full Review

Written on: 27/09/2013

It's a hire service, not a delivery service, it's your wedding the lest you can do is pick up your suits..........

“Avoid Avoid Avoid”

Written on: 12/06/2011 by janeb (1 review written)

If you are considering using Debenhams Suit Hire for your wedding then I would strongly advise you to think again. We arranged to hire five suits for our wedding from Debenhams in Wrexham. We ordered in plenty of time (about 6 months prior to our wedding date) and chose Debenhams as it was possible for the Groomsmen (who did not all live locally) to collect their suits from their local Debenhams store. One week before the wedding, the day before we were due to collect the suits, my… Read Full Review

“Farcical”

Written on: 28/05/2011

Ordered 6 suits from 4 different locations for best men, ushers, bride's father and groom (myself). Each person went into store with written instructions. Suits arrive 10 days before wedding. Half the suits had wrong waistcoat. One shirt was wrong size. Re-ordered shirt and waistcoats and was told it would take 2 days. Phoned after 2 days, items not delivered, wouldn't be in for another 5 days. By that time, I would have left for wedding overseas. Now have to rely on one of the ushers to stay… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 13/06/2011

Absolutely and totally agree, Debenhams wedding hire service is rubbish- my advice is don't even go there!

Written on: 27/09/2013

If you were traveling abroad, you should have put the date of travel as you wedding date, so the suits would come in early, this would be more expensive, but it is your wedding day, and if it's important to you, it's worth it.

“The only reason that this has one star and not zero is...”

Written on: 02/11/2010

The only reason that this has one star and not zero is that I cannot give it zero!
We ordered all of the suits from debenhams about 3 months ago, we did this cos my parents and his parents live at the other end of the country, and they could go and get measured near to where they live and pick them up from there, rather than having the 500 mile round trip to where I live. We also had problems that H2B is very tall, and my step-dad is very large, most of the local suit shops could not supply… Read Full Review

Written on: 02/11/2010

I found this review very helpful because...Debenhams are truly dreadful for mens suit hire. They blame the company [etiquette] that they are using, but surely after all this time, they should have realised there is a problem. My advice if you are getting married is DON'T USE DEBENHAMS FOR YOUR SUIT HIRE. Good for your wedding list, but with suits they will send anything in roughly the right size [which means it may not be your size at all], send you nothing, or it will be damaged. Hopeless.

Written on: 27/09/2013

Debs now use a new supplier youngs, They own the stock, and can supply all sizes and colours, the staff can only do so much, all the previous problems were caused by the old suppliers.

Written on: 01/11/2013

I suggest that you read the latest comments Hollynichols from other customers recently. Clearly the problems are not sorted. And the fact it has taken you nearly 3 years to comment on this probably shows how much Debenhams really don't care......or how poor this department are in what otherwise we have found is a good store.

“Right, some of this might sound a little contradictory...”

Written on: 08/10/2010 by vdv11 (1 review written)

Right, some of this might sound a little contradictory to what I have marked so bear with me.

I returned from holiday to find out I had been invited to a charity dinner. One problem - I discovered this on the Tuesday and the dinner was on the Friday. OK, so having got over the initial blind panic of wondering where the hell I was going to hire an evening suit at such short notice, I called my local Debenhams store who said there shouldn't be any problem but, if they couldn't get a suit to… Read Full Review

“We went to Guildford Debenhams Wedding service to set...”

Written on: 12/09/2010

We went to Guildford Debenhams Wedding service to set up our gift list. The staff there were really lovely and helpful.They explained everything fully and helped us chose items to put on our list.They couldnt get one thing, but they phoned us to let us know,which was really nice.All our gifts came wrapped in lots of bubble wrap.I would recommend this service… Read Full Review

“Don't use Debenhams to hire wedding suits!!! If you...”

Written on: 21/07/2010

Don't use Debenhams to hire wedding suits!!! If you think that as a nationwide store it will be easy for people to be measured in different places think again. I wanted people to be measured all over the country but the suits to be delivered to my local store for collection but that seems beyond their capabilities without about 20 calls between stores people having to be measured twice in certain cases. Debenhams are USELESS!! I have given one star because I couldn't give zero… Read Full Review

Facebookpage's Comment

Written on: 15/12/2011

I've started a facebook group called Debenhams are useless, please join if your unhappy with the service and share your experience.

Written on: 27/09/2013

I'm starting one, customers are ..................

“I went into Debenhams on 27th June and was received by...”

Written on: 10/07/2010

I went into Debenhams on 27th June and was received by a friendly and glowing representative of the shop's formal hire department. I loved their profession approach and ease with which they noted all the information I provided to them. I was particularly impressed by their ability to sort out orders for my relatives who live in Bristol. I would liked to have known how little time the process would have taken as I would never have believe somewhere could be so swift and efficient with my order… Read Full Review

At last a true review.

“me and some of my guests decided to use debenhams...”

Written on: 05/06/2010

me and some of my guests decided to use debenhams formal hire for my big day we went in and got fitted no problem the assistant was polite and seemed to take in everything we actually ordered so we had no reason to question it..

It wasn't until later that night we looked through our receipts and seen there were numerous errors with tissues not ordered wrong cravets and colours which i thought was a really bad mistake as the assistant was entering what we wanted by going from the brochure.

I… Read Full Review

Written on: 02/11/2010

I found this review helpful because..

“We went with Debenhams because we thought it would be...”

Written on: 07/03/2010

We went with Debenhams because we thought it would be easy to arrange suits for people in different areas of the country. It's not!

Very difficult just to get people measured because there only ever seems to be 1 person in each branch that can do it and if they're not working that day or off sick or on holiday of at lunch or in the toilet nobody else in the whole store can do anything. Really wish I'd gone somewhere else… Read Full Review

Written on: 27/09/2013

You need to make an appointment, measuring is a trained skill, and surely staff are aloud days off and lunch breaks......

☆☆☆☆☆

“i have experience of hiring suits from Debenhams...”

Written on: 10/10/2008 by driver22 (1 review written)

i have experience of hiring suits from Debenhams Wedding Service southend on sea branch never again will i go to that store just had the most awful experience. i was met by a seemingly rude member of staff, all seven suits didn't fit properly, they said there was a charge if they got the other sizes in. they said if the suits don't fit then there's nothing else they can do. i wrote to debenhams, they passed me on to suit company who then gave me a 20 pound refund… Read Full Review