Kantenah, Grand Palladium Colonial & Kantenah Resorts & Spa Reviews

Media Gallery for Kantenah, Grand Palladium Colonial & Kantenah Resorts & Spa

Kantenah, Grand Palladium Colonial & Kantenah Resorts & Spa

“An awesome honeymoon!”

Written on: 20/08/2012 by Bostinaustin (1 review written)

What a truly awesome place!!! We stayed from 2nd August - 16th August 2012 going with first choice in the Colonial side of the resort. Villa 21. We booked this holiday 14 months before going and were not disappointed. The taxi transfer we paid for was worth every penny arriving way before the main coach transfer £38 via holiday taxis (one way only) through Thomson travel agent we booked with. We were on honeymoon so got an upgraded room to a junior suite, which was fabulous and a fruit… Read Full Review

“Second time visiting the Colonial Palladium, loved...”

Written on: 19/03/2008

Second time visiting the Colonial Palladium, loved everything about the resort. Excellent service, fantastic food and beautiful beach. nothing bad!!!… Read Full Review

“Colonial Palladium: Management are indifferent to...”

Written on: 25/04/2005 by andrewlands (1 review written)

Colonial Palladium: Management are indifferent to complaints. We arrived at the resort and was taken to Kantenah side of resort. The construction noise deafening. It Starts up again religiously at 7 am. Bring ear plugs. I asked to be moved to other side and Was told by the manager that we could move to junior suite on colonial side, I was going to pay additional $40 a day for the upgrade. I Was even given building number etc. and told I would get a letter under the door outlining transit… Read Full Review

My family and I returned to the Palladium in April...

Written on: 16/05/2004 by capecodann (2 reviews written)

My family and I returned to the Palladium in April 2004 for our second trip there. First time we stayed on the Kantenah side which was in a beautiful jungle setting. This time we stayed in a Jr. suite on the Colonial side, closer to the beach and pool. Both sides have much to offer.

Normally we enjoy trying new resorts. Our first trip in June 2003 was so perfect, however, that we decided to return. This is the first time that we brought a friend for our daughter who is now 13. The girls had

“Kantenah, Colonial Palladium - My husband and I went...”

Written on: 03/05/2004 by Altamae (1 review written)

Kantenah, Colonial Palladium - My husband and I went to this resort with a group of 20 people for our wedding which was to take place on the beach.... Every girl dreams of the perfect wedding and I am so happy to say my dream came true... The Colonial Palladium was just so phenomenal... they catered for every single requirement that you could ever have....

When we arrived we were all stunned and in shock as to how beautiful it was.... It took us less then five minutes to check in and we… Read Full Review

“We arrived at the Palladium & were taken to the...”

Written on: 15/03/2004 by OliveOilTan (1 review written)

We arrived at the Palladium & were taken to the appropriate lobby. Check in was a breeze. I emailed (driviera@fiesta-hotels.com) the resort a week prior to our arrival and received my request of "king size bed, shower, Colonial side". We asked for a complementary upgrade and were denied because they were at 100% occupancy. Being at full capacity, this was never noticed by an over abundance of people at any time. I would have though they were only half full. As far as the location of our… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“I too saw the spraying of chemicals! WORSE, I WAS...”

Written on: 30/01/2004 by yukondiver (1 review written)

I too saw the spraying of chemicals! WORSE, I WAS INJURED by a falling palm frond while laying beside the pool. I received a HEAD INJURY which caused a BRAIN INJURY now necessitating medical attention here in the USA. The management showed complete disregard and concern for me. I also have a rather large scar on my forehead. Many dead palms remained around the pool even days after I reported the accident. They even had the nerve of admiting liability but told me I had a superficial injury not… Read Full Review

Huntermc's Response to yukondiver's Review

Written on: 12/02/2004

MY THEORY IS, YOUR VACATION IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT, IF YOU ARE CONSTANTLY LOOKING FOR PROBLEMS, LIFE IS TOO SHORT PEOPLE!! ENJOY!!

Otruv3's Response to yukondiver's Review

Written on: 02/06/2005

stayed there for two weeks with my wife and it was excellent!!!Going again for two more weeks this Aug.No place is perfect but this place was for us!!!

Nick65's Response to yukondiver's Review

Written on: 05/01/2005

I have to agree, people that work at these places write such lovely reviews. The give away is their improper English/American. Avoid this hotel like the Plague, if you bought a 5 star resort package this ain't it, you paid too much get your money back while you can. If you bought and are expecting a 3 star resort then this my friend is it. The hotel is also right on the road less than 10 feet back from the noise of the road, get a room on the back side and you will hear the trucks running all night.
<br>I felt ripped off when I stayed there and I will make it my job work to tell as many people as I can to never stay here and never book with World of Vacations of Transat Vacations.
<br>
<br>Adois.......

Altamae's Response to yukondiver's Review

Written on: 03/05/2004

I have just come back from staying at the Colonial Palladium and had the most fantastic time of my life... Thanks to the Colonial Palladium they made my dreams come true...

G55's Response to yukondiver's Review

Written on: 16/02/2004

I was at the Paladium the same time as you, and couldn't fault

Yukondiver's Response to yukondiver's Review

Written on: 13/02/2004

Sounds like this 2nd commenter works for the hotel

“My husband and I and our 8 year old grandaughter...”

Written on: 17/01/2004 by EileenS (1 review written)

My husband and I and our 8 year old grandaughter stayed at the Kantenah Colonial Palladium on the Colonial side when it was only 2 weeks old In July of 2002. We returned with another couple in November, who also thought it was the best all-inslusive resort they had ever been to. When we returned this past July, it was even better than the first 2 times. Even though it was full, you never felt like it was crowded. We never had to wait on long lines and the food and service was exceptional! I… Read Full Review

“Palladium- May 25, 2003-June 1, 2003 ”

Written on: 15/01/2004 by capecodann (2 reviews written)

Palladium- May 25, 2003-June 1, 2003

We are a family of three: middle age Mom, "older" Dad, and twelve-year-old "Abby".

First impressions were very favorable. Overwhelmingly beautiful. The hotel is sprawling and grounds are lush.l. Check-in was swift. We were given maps, relative resort info, and three coupons for ala cartes. We were then whisked away in a golf cart for transfer to Villa 7 on the Kantenah side.

The first floor room was immaculate. Two double beds, box spring & mattresses… Read Full Review

Moe741's Response to capecodann's Review

Written on: 23/01/2004

This lady took the time to write a lengthy review. How wonderful! She carefully chose her words to eloquently described her true feelings about this resort. I have no reservations whatsoever about my planned trip next month. Trips are like most everything else in this world; you get out what you put in. It's quite apparent this young lady did her homework and, as a result had an amazing stay. Kudos to her and her delightful review.//Moe

Rachyroars's Response to capecodann's Review

Written on: 27/01/2004

That was an amazing review and i'm am so grateful to have read it! We booked our vacation to Kantenah Colonial Palladium after reading this review. Thankyou for your time and effort in preparing this detailed report. It was like reading a short story!!!!

Lizzyb's Response to capecodann's Review

Written on: 25/01/2004

We will be spending 7 days at this resort end of May 2004 and so this review was really helpful. We have never done this kind of vacation before and so the info will be helpful. Hopefully we will have the same experience! I have read mostly good reviews of this resort but this one is (so far) the most helpful and the best. Liz

“THE COLONIAL PALLADIUM PLACE IS HORRIBLE STAY AWAY AT...”

Written on: 28/12/2003 by nICK65 (1 review written)

THE COLONIAL PALLADIUM PLACE IS HORRIBLE STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS, THIS IS NOTHING MORE THAN A 3 STAR HOTEL DONE UP TO LOOK LIKE A 4.5 OR 5 STAR IN THE BROCHURE. SERVICE IS BAD THE FOOD IS NOTHING SPECIAL AND THE SAME EVERY DAY. THIS PLACE LEAVES A LOT TO BE DISIRED. A WASTE OF MONEY, JUST A TOTAL ZERO IN MY BOOK. IF YOU WANT A GOOD PLACE SPEND ANOTHER HUNDRED BUCKS AND GO TO A REAL 5 STAR RESORT, THIS IS NOT ONE OF THEM… Read Full Review

Sissi's Response to nICK65's Review

Written on: 21/01/2004

My family and I would have to agree with you that this is a 3 Star not a 5 Star. The main reason we went there was that it was not too big, only 400 rooms, however, they fail to tell you in the brochure that the adjacent hotel has all shared facilities. Could not get in to the Japanese restaurant, 3 other a la Cartes were for 5:30 seatings, and they wouldn't give bottled water at the bars! The biggest drawback for us was our 6 yr old daughter has juvenile diabetes and needs access to snacks, the "24 hour snack bar" didn't open till 10:30 am. Good thing I packed lots of granola bars and raisins. We wouldn't go back and have written a letter outlining our concerns to our travel agent.

232640_Donti's Response to nICK65's Review

Written on: 05/03/2006

Well. Do you think you could be any more negative? I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad time, but maybe its because your a high maintenance person? Just guessing, because most of the other reviews i've read about this place are wonderful. Maybe you should look on the bright side of life.

Nick65's Response to nICK65's Review

Written on: 27/12/2004

Eileen,
<br>By the time you read this response I assume that you are back from you vacation so you can write your follow up to this resort. If you have not left yet then I would strongly suggest you stay at one of the Aventura Palace resorts. These are 5 or 6 star resorts they cost more but you get what you pay for. The Katnenah, Colonial Palladium resort is an over rated 3 star resort that people pay 5 or 6 star to stay at. The place is dirty, the beaches are tiny and the facilities are shared with the next door resort.
<br>If I could suggest this to anyone is not to stay here it is not worth the money. There are many other 5 star resorts that give you 5 star quality, this place give you nothing but indigestion and you'll be lucky if one of the waiters get off their bottom to give you a drink. Get used to getting your own drinks or waiting a very very long time for service. This place gets only 1 star out of six in my rating.
<br>
<br>VERY SIMPLY - THIS PLACE IS RUBBISH FOR THE MONEY

Eileen V's Response to nICK65's Review

Written on: 29/11/2004

My husband and I are going to the Grand Palladium Apr 17 to May 01 2005. Could anyone give me an idea of the type of weather we can expect (i.e.: is this the rainy season) This is our first time to this coast as we have always gone to PVR. in November, from all the reviews I have read the resort sounds amazing and we are counting down the days till our departure. EVM from BC.

Jking's Response to nICK65's Review

Written on: 29/04/2004

Sorry to hear your stay was so horrible. This review is the first that i've read casting the colonial in an ill light.. Funny how MOST if not ALL other reviews are to the contrary... I visited this resort 2 Novembers passed and had an incredible time. I would have to agree that vacations are what you make them. I've just re-booked for the same place... this time, were going for TWO weeks.

Jerrbo's Response to nICK65's Review

Written on: 24/01/2004

WELL, WE ARE SORRY TO HEAR THAT YOU HAD A BAD STAY
IN MY EXPERIENCE, YOUR VACATION IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT. WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO A VERY WONDERFUL WEEK AT THE PALLADIUM IN MARCH...SO SORRY TO HEAR THAT YOU HAD A BAD TIME.

“Stayed on the Kantenah side from June 8th-15th ,2003...”

Written on: 21/06/2003 by Dave. (1 review written)

Stayed on the Kantenah side from June 8th-15th ,2003 and was afraid of the rainy season but got 7 days of sunny hot 36 degrees weather!!! This is an amazing place. I've been to a number of all inclusives in the Dom Republic and Mexico and Cuba and I didn't think anything would beat Iberostar Dominicus in La Romana but this place is equiv. or slightly better in some ways. From my travels I've observed and notice the difference between a 4, 4 , and a 5 star resort. Very posh as soon as you enter… Read Full Review

Goben's Response to 109349_Dave.'s Review

Written on: 27/12/2003

Hands down...this is one of the best reviews ever written. I'm printing this one out to use as a study guide of what to bring, do, visit, etc. I can't wait to make my first trip to Mexico!! This review gives me confidence in my ability to choose an awesome resort. We don't travel much - so we need to do a lot of research to find THE place. And thanks to this review - we know we will love the Palladium!