Ecclesiastical Wedding Insurance Reviews - www.ecclesiastical.com

Media Gallery for Ecclesiastical Wedding Insurance www.ecclesiastical.com

Ecclesiastical Wedding Insurance www.ecclesiastical.com

“Ecclesiastical no longer provide wedding insurance”

Written on: 24/11/2012

After reading the reviews I thought I had made my decisions, but upon visiting their website found that they stopped providing new wedding insurance from August this year. All existing policies are still being honoured though… Read Full Review

“Read the policy documents carefully! It's a shame I...”

Written on: 15/10/2010

Read the policy documents carefully! It's a shame I have to mark at least 1 star.

Our dressmaker failed to provide a completed bridesmaid dress that had been fitted and paid for (dressmaker pretty much disappeared). I lost my money and had to pay a reasonably high price for a replacement dress to be made in less than a week.
I was not covered by my policy with Ecclesiastical because the dress wasn't hired! I would love to know how many people hire bridesmaid dresses!… Read Full Review

“I've heard good things of Ecclesiastical Wedding...”

Written on: 09/05/2010 by Xenos (10 reviews written)

I've heard good things of Ecclesiastical Wedding Insurance, in particular that they were the only company that paid out when the gift company wrapit went out of business. I felt this was a positive sign of their willingness to be fair and help couples, something that's obviously very important! They are not the cheapest but they're not the most expensive either, and crucially their policies seem to be the most flexible. You can use their 'mix and match' option so cover various different… Read Full Review

“Ecclesiastical are the only insurer who have agreed to...”

Written on: 13/08/2008 by thunkpad (1 review written)

Ecclesiastical are the only insurer who have agreed to cover couples affected by the demise of the gift list company Wrapit (see Google for details). They have agreed to cover us despite the fact that Wrapit collapsed two months after our wedding and so after the policy had officially ended. Without Ecclesiastical we could have lost over £2,500-worth of gifts bought by our guests so we are naturally delighted by the pleasant and efficient service they have given us. Unfortunately people who… Read Full Review

Xenos's Response to thunkpad's Review

Written on: 09/05/2010

I found this review very helpful because not many insurance reviews tell positive tales of claims. When people have claims it's always because something awful's happened, and invariably they're unhappy about it! Few people take the time to write a review when things are dealt with well, but of course that's exactly the story a prospective buyer wants to hear. Thank you!

Splottlandsonthemoors's Response to thunkpad's Review

Written on: 20/09/2010

I found this review very helpful

Richardwb's Response to thunkpad's Review

Written on: 28/06/2010

I found this review helpful because it spelled out where the company had been helpful and also indicated that it was the company behind M&S insurance.

☆☆☆☆☆

“Ecclesiastical Insurance Wedding Insurance would not...”

Written on: 27/02/2007 by peterho (1 review written)

Ecclesiastical Insurance Wedding Insurance would not give my daughters groom (who is a lawyer in Munich) insurance cover as he does not currently have a UK address, I find the company should be ashamed of the prejudice towards non-UK residents… Read Full Review

Thunkpad's Response to 280068_peterho's Review

Written on: 30/08/2007

I found this review unhelpful because...
<br/>
<br/>Most wedding insurance companies stipulate both parties must be UK citizens. This couple should have seen a specialised broker rather than tried to buy off the net.

Richardwb's Response to 280068_peterho's Review

Written on: 28/06/2010

I found this review not helpful because not insuring non-UK citizens is standard practice with all mainstream providers. As someone else has already pointed out, this is a case where you need to go to a specialist broker.

Mattyb001's Response to 280068_peterho's Review

Written on: 02/11/2007

What is this guy on about? Have you tried to buy car insurance for the UK if you live outside it.

“Ecclesiastical Insurance gave me great wedding...”

Written on: 15/06/2006 by kateuk (1 review written)

Ecclesiastical Insurance gave me great wedding insurance cover at the lowest price I found. As a long established company, I would trust them not to wriggle out of paying, like some other insurers might… Read Full Review

351155_Damoske's Response to kateuk's Review