Peugeot 206 1.6 XSi Reviews

Peugeot 206 1.6 XSi - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Peugeot 206 1.6 XSi

Peugeot 206 1.6 XSi
Peugeot 206 1.6 XSi

“I have the black 1.6 XSi and have had, other than a...”

Written on: 21/12/2010

I have the black 1.6 XSi and have had, other than a few minor niggles, no problems with it whatsoever. It was purchased used and driving from Peretersfield to Heathrow every day for work poses no problems at all for this lovely little beast.
It cruises beautifully and is superbly nippy when driven around town. Plenty of extra's and the syling is excellent.Drop it down and it really takes off, with plenty of pick up in 5th too. As stated before, it does have a couple of dead spots in low revs… Read Full Review

“I owned a Peugeot 206 for about 5 years and although...”

Written on: 19/03/2010

I owned a Peugeot 206 for about 5 years and although it wasn't the flashest car in the world, it was a cracking all rounder.

Small, light and nippy enough (with the 1.6XS engine) and yet felt sturdy enough on the motorways.

Obviously its a small car so boot space isnt amazing, but totally sufficient for what I needed

All round Id say a great car worth buying. Before I sold it, I had it valued at www.webuyanycar.com - really good… Read Full Review

“the Peugeot 206 1.6 XSi is good looking around 2 door...”

Written on: 15/04/2009

the Peugeot 206 1.6 XSi is good looking around 2 door sports hatch. It is fairly quick and good handling… Read Full Review

“Beautiful looking car and very stylish. Very...”

Written on: 02/09/2008

Beautiful looking car and very stylish. Very economical, cheap tax and reasonable insurance. Fantastic drive and steering. It is more stylish and less bulky then the 207...overall brilliant and very good value for money… Read Full Review

“I have recently bought my Peugeot 206 1.6 16v xsi 2001...”

Written on: 05/06/2008 by coopsshizza (1 review written)

I have recently bought my Peugeot 206 1.6 16v xsi 2001 in black. I fell in love with it straight away which I think the dealer spotted unfortunately. I won't go into the price but I think I would struggle to get another motor with this spec and performance for much less within this age of car. So it is great value for money I think. If you keep your foot down passed 3500revs its sounds really sporty and will put a smile on your face. However if you drive it gently you will be supprised how… Read Full Review

“Affordable slightly sporty car. Great value for money...”

Written on: 15/01/2008

Affordable slightly sporty car. Great value for money bargains to be had. Exquisite drive, and not too high on insurance. The Peugeot 206 1.6 XSi is a great car, best ever… Read Full Review

“I've had nothing but trouble with my 206XSi. After the...”

Written on: 29/06/2006 by mocev (1 review written)

I've had nothing but trouble with my 206XSi. After the honeymoon period had worn off (after about six months) I have developed an intense loathing of my car and Peugeot in general.
The car revs up on its own accord (Herbie style) whilst the engine is supposedly idling (happens at traffic lights/junctions, etc). It will cut out completely for no reason what-so-ever whilst I'm driving down the street at a steady 30-40 mph. This of course is extremely dangerous .
I've took the car into Peugeot… Read Full Review

299439_Tarps's Response to mocev's Review

Written on: 19/07/2007

I also had the exact same problems with my car... other than that I loved it and tempted to update soon to xsi model!

Guest's Response to mocev's Review

Written on: 19/10/2011

ive got a black 206 1.6 xsi and i have got the same problem i was coming up to a round about on the outside lane and it cut out and stopped then wouldnt start again. really dangerous!!

“I've had my Peugeot 206 1.6 XSi (Silver) for 3 months...”

Written on: 18/04/2006 by cmonurz (4 reviews written)

I've had my Peugeot 206 1.6 XSi (Silver) for 3 months now and have enjoyed every mile in it. I'm not a car expert so for me important are looks, sound and feel.

Peugeot have rightly resisted any urges to give the 206 a face-lift because it still looks amazing after all these years - it manages to be a car of presence, whilst (in terms of dimensions) being smaller than a Fiat Punto.

I must admit I was concerned at reading criticism of the driving position in a 206 before purchasing the car… Read Full Review

“I have now had my Peugeot 206 Moonstone XSi for 5...”

Written on: 11/10/2005 by babydoll27 (1 review written)

I have now had my Peugeot 206 Moonstone XSi for 5 months and I really still love it as much as I did in the showroom. My car (GTi spoiler already factory fitted) really is a gorgeous looking hatch and both guys and girls agree. I was originally looking to buy a Fiesta Zetec-S but after test driving the two fell in love with the XSi - which is in fact almost 10 BHP faster.

I have taken the car to a few cars shows and even against some of the more modded cars it holds it's own, especially when… Read Full Review

“Noticed the Peugeot 206 wasn't mentioned here... why??...”

Written on: 14/04/2004 by tommoXSi (1 review written)

Noticed the Peugeot 206 wasn't mentioned here... why?? It's the greatest car since the 106 GTi!

Finally got enough money to buy a brand new 206 XSi and what a car! It's so quiet and refined when the revs are low, but take them up and it becomes a beast!

Everything about this car is great - the main thing being you get most of the GTi styling for the XSi insurance cost! AND the chasis is pretty much the same so when you hit 25yrs old you can drop in the GTi180 engine no probs… Read Full Review