Kodak EasyShare DX6340 Reviews

Resolution 3.1
Optical Zoom 4
Battery Type Rechargeable

Features:
  • 3.1 megapixel sensor captures enough detail to create photo-quality 8 x 10 prints and medium-quality prints up to 11 x 14
  • Professional-quality Schneider-Kreuznach Variogon 4x optical lens plus 3.5x digital (14x total zoom) with autofocus
  • Compatible with MMC memory cards
  • Connects with Macs and PCs via USB port
  • Rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery not included
  • Refine your search

Kodak EasyShare DX6340

“Have to laugh at the folks that say the build quality...”

Written on: 09/04/2008

Have to laugh at the folks that say the build quality is no good on the Kodak EasyShare DX6340 camera, the idea is to take pictures not knock nails into wood with the camera, try treating your equipment with respect then it wont break… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆
    Kodak EasyShare DX6340

“I wish I had read other reviews before I bought mine!...”

Written on: 14/08/2006 by katie delaney (8 reviews written)

I wish I had read other reviews before I bought mine! Battery cover fell off after one month. Uses huge amounts of batteries - about four photos per set. Mine has now just died. I cannot get access to my photos in the internal memory and repair will cost me £90. I still won't get my photos… Read Full Review

Pinza7's Response to katie delaney's Review

Written on: 26/02/2007

Spot on.

Kodak EasyShare DX6340

“As my Konica was in for repair, I borrowed the Kodak...”

Written on: 07/06/2006 by stmartinsdiver (7 reviews written)

As my Konica was in for repair, I borrowed the Kodak EasyShare DX6340 for use whilst on holiday. Although it did the job well enough and picture quality was OK, they were nowhere near as sharp as I achieved when using an old Finepix 2 mega-pixel and a very old 2 mega-pixel Kodak D280, so even making allowances for the fact this camera is now old technology, I'd not want to own one, as there are many better ones available for the same price… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆
    Kodak EasyShare DX6340

“The build quality of the Kodak EasyShare DX6340...”

Written on: 03/06/2006 by 2shane (1 review written)

The build quality of the Kodak EasyShare DX6340 digital camera is garbage - very flimsy construction. The software is useless, and it is rigged by Kodak and Apple Quick Time. They give you the basic software and then pressure you to upgrade to the premium software. This racket is supported by the firmware being set to only take movies in MOV format, and the files after full conversion in to AVI (RADTOOLS) and then WMV, with almost no discernible loss of video or sound quality, compress down to… Read Full Review

Pinza7's Response to 2shane's Review

Written on: 26/02/2007

Shane is spot on! After just 12 months of careful ownership, the zoom lens on my Kodak EasyShare DX6340 digital camera jammed solid and would not retract, indicating poor build quality. Initially, Kodak didn't want to repair the camera under warranty, but after I threatened to see the local Trading Standards officers, Kodak relented.
    <br/>
    <br/>The Kodak software was also very 'iffy' to begin with, but at least I was able to transfer pictures from my DX6340 to my computer, even if I did have to close everything down first and restart. Then came the invitation via an unsolicited e-mail for me to install the fantastic, world-beating (?) version 6.2 of their Easyshare software, which, it was claimed, would solve everything.
    <br/>
    <br/>After downloading Kodak's new software, I couldn't even get the thing to recognise its own hardware in the form of my DX6340 camera, let alone transfer pictures to my computer!
    <br/>
    <br/>Kodak aim to respond to a reported problem within 24 hours. After a week, many e-mails to Kodak, and threats of court action if they did not respond, I finally had an engineer call me from South Africa, and we spent over 1 1/2 hours going through everything we could to see where the problem lay. The engineer finally gave me access to a programme www.kodak.com/go/clear which removed every last vestige of Kodak software from my computer. At his behest, I then installed the older version 5 from www.kodak.com/go/ess5 and guess what? It works fine.
    <br/>
    <br/>Despite my proving that Kodak's new software is junk, they maintain the fault lies with Microsoft which is patent nonsense. If version five works, yet version 6 doesn't, it can hardly be down to my computer.
    <br/>
    <br/>I am due to upgrade my camera just as soon as the other half lets me have the money. I was considering buying the Kodak P712, but I think I may opt for the Panasonic DMC FZ7 instead, because I feel I can no longer trust Kodak's merchandise.

Kodak EasyShare DX6340

“I bought the Kodak EasyShare DX6340 in February 2004...”

Written on: 10/06/2005 by strangechap (2 reviews written)

I bought the Kodak EasyShare DX6340 in February 2004 after seeing that it was the best camera for the price (I paid £150) and even though you can now get it for around £90 (from ebuyer.com), I still feel as if I got my money's worth.

The picture quality is excellent - the images are all colourful and crisp. The range of settings on it are excellent - it has 6 preset photo modes for different conditions, as well as a PAS function and a movie mode.
    The PAS function is what made the camera stand… Read Full Review

Kodak EasyShare DX6340

“I have had many digital cameras, but none have had...”

Written on: 05/07/2004 by scabby yellow (1 review written)

I have had many digital cameras, but none have had such excellent quality pictures as the Kodak DX6340. The zoom is fantastic, and the video recordings are pretty good too. There is not much room on the internal memory so I highly recomend buying a card. It is very well worth it. The sound quality isnt excellent, but its adequate. There are lots of modes, to suit your every move, and the flash is good. I also suggest not using the screen to take pictures, and just using the viewfinder, as this… Read Full Review

Kodak EasyShare DX6340

“I am very happy with this Kodak DX6340 Digital camera....”

Written on: 09/05/2004 by mjwallin (2 reviews written)

I am very happy with this Kodak DX6340 Digital camera. It has almost totally replaced the use of my 35mm SLR cameras due to its ease of use, high shot capacity, low operating cost, and general handiness. It certainly does not produce better pictures than a 35mm SLR in its price range but what digital does at this point in time. The 3.2 megapixel capacity is more than adequate. I find the resulting prints to be satisfactory. It takes good pictures in lighting conditions that would… Read Full Review

Kodak EasyShare DX6340

“On first impression, this Kodak DX6340 digital camera...”

Written on: 11/02/2004 by richx (5 reviews written)

On first impression, this Kodak DX6340 digital camera seems like excellent value for money. In its price range of around US$330, it is the only camera that offers 4x optical zoom and a 1.8" LCD. The bright bottom end of the lens (F2.2 at 1x zoom) also seemed like a good thing. Also, the PAS mode allows for Aperture Priority or Shutter Priority, something few cameras at this price range has (others: Canon A70, Samsung V3).

The 16MB internal memory is also a good way to backup whatever SD/MMC… Read Full Review

Andyveale's Response to richx's Review

Written on: 14/03/2004

Hi
    <br>
    <br>I am looking to buy a digital camera in the price range of £150 - £200 and may possibly go slightly higher.
    <br>
    <br>Was very interested in the Kodak as it seems to have got some very good reviews but then I noticed your comment on the blurry pictures.
    <br>
    <br>I already have a SD memory card so need the camera I buy to be compatible with this.
    <br>
    <br>Could you email me at mcandyveale@hotmail.com and recommend me the best camera in my price range.
    <br>Many thanks
    <br>Andrew Veale

Richx's Response to richx's Review

Written on: 10/11/2005

My apologies if I've been neglecting my obligations here - it's been awhile since I've been to reviewcentre. Now, there has been some controversy over my negative remarks about the image quality from this Kodak camera. It's noted that if you print images from this camera in 6x4/4R, you will not notice what I'm talking about, so call me a pixel-peeper if you want. However, I am not the only person who noticed this.
    <br>
    <br>A look around other analytical reviews of Kodak cameras of that generation revealed similar comments.
    <br>
    <br>Phil Askey on the SLR/c, "Ever present even when set to very low levels Kodak's noise reduction algorithm has an excessively intrusive effect on image quality leaving many areas of the image with a 'watercolor-like' appearance."
    <br>
    <br>Jeff Keller on the DX7440, "Kodak processes their photos a little too much, which eats away at details, giving some things (like grass) a muddy appearance." and on the DX7590, "Images are on the soft side, though, and details like grass and leaves seem "overprocessed" and fuzzy (which has been the case with recent Kodak cameras). "
    <br>Source: http://www.dpreview.com, http://www.dcresource.com
    <br>
    <br>Glad to say, Kodak's products have always exhibit superior white-balance performance, resulting in pleasing and generally accurate colours under various lighting. Their recent products have also exhibited less of this "watercolour" effect, and the competition have also caught up in using noise reduction algorithms.

165384_Canuck44's Response to richx's Review

Written on: 10/08/2004

Every other review that I have read on this camera comments on the superlative image quality. Did this person read the instructions?

Rohitmathew's Response to richx's Review

Written on: 08/06/2004

My e-mail address is rohitmathew@rediffmail.com. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Richx's Response to richx's Review

Written on: 06/06/2004

leave your e-mail address here and i'll get back to you

Rohitmathew's Response to richx's Review

Written on: 03/06/2004

I had purchased the Kodak DX-6340 for my father a month back. I am an amatuer and thought that the quality of images that the Kodak gave was extremely good.
    <br>I then purchased a Nikon CP 3200 for myself. I felt that the Kodak was better as its ISO range is more than the Nikon's.
    <br>I would really like to see the pictures that you have taken with the Kodak and also would like your valuable comments on the Nikon CP 3200.

Kodak EasyShare DX6340

“I've just bought the Kodak DX6340 and...what a digital...”

Written on: 06/02/2004 by BandQ (1 review written)

I've just bought the Kodak DX6340 and...what a digital camera it is. Stylish, easy to use, great value for money, what more can you ask for. I initially set my budget at £100 for a camera but then looked and looked and looked and couldnt find anything that would cover my needs (and brand snobbery!!!!) so i kept putting off buying one. Then the other day whilst looking through the argos catalogue saw the DX6340 for £199. I did a bit more research into the camera and it looked promising.Although… Read Full Review