Vauxhall Vectra 1.8GLS Reviews

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

Vauxhall Vectra 1.8GLS - Ask a question now

“Overall, I love the Vauxhall Vectra for all its...”

Written on: 06/06/2008 by philvectra (1 review written)

Overall, I love the Vauxhall Vectra for all its foibles. It's the 4th Vauxhall I've owned (the others being various cavaliers of various vintage), and it's by far the best. It looks better than the newer 'eurobox' Vectra, and when the time comes to change, I'll be looking for another one of these! It has 131,000 miles on the clock. It doesn't smoke or do any of the things that high mileage cars are supposed to do (except rattle and squeak!).
If you're looking for a cheap, reliable motor, look… Read Full Review

“This is the second Vectra and 3rd Ecotec powered...”

Written on: 13/12/2006 by mike1972 (1 review written)

This is the second Vectra and 3rd Ecotec powered Vauxhall that I've owned. Carrying on the tradition of bloody good reliability and dependability this is a superb motorway car. All in all, if all you need is 4 wheels and a roof with a bit of va-va-voom then these Vectra series B cars takes some beating!… Read Full Review

“The joys of motoring aren't allways that bad! ”

Written on: 18/11/2004 by astounded (1 review written)

The joys of motoring aren't allways that bad!
I will be in touch if any problems arise with my Vauxhall Vectra 1.8GLS Family Car and let me take this oppertunity to wish a happy christmas to one and all!!… Read Full Review

“I own a Vauxhall Vectra 1.8GLS. I have had problems...”

Written on: 07/12/2003 by paul3775 (1 review written)

I own a Vauxhall Vectra 1.8GLS. I have had problems with the automatic gear box going in to snow drive, this is bad news when you put your foot down at a junction and only crawl.
There is also a vibration at 70mph(even after balancing).drinks too much, and you cannot use a mobile phone unless you have an external antenna, as this corrupts the electrical system.So don't use a mobile on it's own… Read Full Review

“This Vectra 1.8gls is an all round yes and wow factor...”

Written on: 13/06/2003 by Jackie. (1 review written)

This Vectra 1.8gls is an all round yes and wow factor car as it turns heads in the street especially when a woman is driving it, you do get the odd boy racer in a really old car trying to race you but with that much power behind the vectra theres no chance for the boy racer. An exellant car to spend money on as its engine will do you proud and the body work won't rust. So go out and buy one… Read Full Review

Satellitekid's Response to 107042_Jackie.'s Review

Written on: 02/11/2003

I must say I have had a very different experience with my Vectra 1.8GLS. I bought this car at 2 years old and have had nothing but bother since. The power steering rack had to be replaced in the first month, idle control valve in the second and the whole engine had to come out to repair a gasket which had blown. All of this and more was in the first year of ownership, I could go on forever with problems on this car.
<br> Fault lights are constantly popping up on my dash (airbag light is notorious). The multi screen display has been renewed twice at £70 a shot.
<br> Do yourself a favour and don't buy a pre 98 Vectra cos it's not just me that has had problems like this.