Barclays Share Dealing Reviews - www.stockbrokers.barclays.co.uk

• Speed of transfer

Media Gallery for Barclays Share Dealing www.stockbrokers.barclays.co.uk

Barclays Share Dealing www.stockbrokers.barclays.co.uk
Barclays Share Dealing www.stockbrokers.barclays.co.uk

“Treatment of Scrip Dividends”

Written on: 28/01/2014

I have used them for almost 10 years now and overall I am quite satisfied but there is one area - dividends - which frustrates me beyond words and all attempts to get them to resolve thess issues have been met with a blank refusal. When opening a MarketMaster account one is required to elect to either have dividends paid in cash or use the Dividend Reinvestment programme. A simple software code would suffice to differentiate between these two options, share by share, at the point of… Read Full Review

“New platform rubbish”

Written on: 06/12/2013

I have been trading with Barclays now for 5 years, on level 2 for a little over 12 months now. What a great platform it was, I say it was as the new one is unusable It is early days but unfortunately has so many problems, that it is virtually unusable by professional traders or amateurs alike. How this is going to be resolved without taking it off line for a prolonged period of time is anyone’s guess. The idea was to move away from java to html5, but the hole geometry of the platform is so… Read Full Review

Canycan2013's Comment

Written on: 14/12/2013

Demat Account india - Demat Account india designed to give you the edge in the stock markets. We offer you R-money demat accounts, armed with an entire range of conveniences specially designed to make your money work harder.

“New Trading Platform, A Complete Disgrace!”

Written on: 28/11/2013 by MaxiMax2008 (1 review written)

I Have been with Barclays Stockbrokers (Barx Trading Platform) for over 6 Years and have experienced numerous ups and downs along the way. Apart from few hiccups the overall trading system was very good and easy to use. But, they have recently decided to change this system and provide an improvement. They have completely messed up as the new system is a complete downgrade. Very slow, limited features in a very dull and confusing system making it very difficult to use. I am completely shocked… Read Full Review

Canycan2013's Response to MaxiMax2008's Review

Written on: 14/12/2013

“ATI”

Written on: 16/11/2013 by star94 (1 review written)

I too have been caught with their ATI money. I have been investing for 2 years and have made a profit. Recently I noticed there was money in my account that was not mine. Eventually temptation won and I bought shares using the money (sometimes 2-3 times the money I won). I assumed you could borrow this and maybe they take a fee. I phoned t check and they told me I had to pay back in 3 days. I ended up with a loss. This happened twice and the second time they charged me interest as I didn't… Read Full Review

Freitas's Response to star94's Review

Written on: 25/11/2013

This is gambling ,incorage peoples to gamble with money they do not have , we have a compalining goiing with ombudsman ,i even asked them to remove this ATI and they refused until i lost all my money ,then it was removed ,I had no experience in online accounts lost all my money .

Star94's reply to Freitas's Comment

Written on: 30/11/2013

Yes, they are heartless and have no morals.

“Rubbish Rubbish Rubbish”

Written on: 14/05/2013

Website down again said it would be closed for 1 day now into 2nd day and still cant access it, also been waiting for over two months now for shares to be transferred from another trading account into Barclays and still waiting. When you sell your shares you should wait no longer than 3 days for your money i was still waiting after 6 days. Not good enough… Read Full Review

Freitas's Comment

Written on: 17/05/2013

Im not surprised they lost a letter regarding some shares transfer ,for 9 days kept insisting they did not have it ,and when i called the post office they had sign the letter 9 days earlier ,Not even an apology from them as aresult we lost 3.000 pounds as the shares were going down and down

“Our life ruined forever”

Written on: 03/03/2013 by prinzi123 (1 review written)

We sold our house and want to invest £10K on one share for the future. They adviced and went on to open Market Master for us. They use the 'Available To Invest' feature which amazingly allow you to invest up to 4 times the value of your portfolio for a short period of 3/10 days to chew through your money with charges.Any stock bought using the ATI is immediatelly short untill you are forced to sell at huge losses. The platform is full of bugs. Shares on the FTSE AIM do not show the real price… Read Full Review

Swainson13's Response to prinzi123's Review

Written on: 24/09/2013

I feel for you, i really do. But surely you should have researched before you invested your hard earned cash. CFD or Spread betting (which is what you lost your money in) is extremely risky, and should be part of an overall investment portfolio. Also the buy/sell quote will be different from the actual quote as the spread is how the companies make money. Its Basically commission. Also 3/10 days is an extremely short period to trade on. I really hope you get through this!

Prinzi123's reply to Swainson13's Comment

Written on: 25/09/2013

Hi Swainson13, thank you for the reply. THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN FIGHTING BARCLAYS AND THE ADJUDICATOR FOR ONE YEAR NOW, I was not using a CFD or Spreadbetting account. I was using a SIMPLE ONLINE NOMINEE SHAREDEALING ACCOUNT ON EXECUTION ONLY. When I signed in to the MarketMaster, it said that there was a Permanent Dealing Limit og £7,500 but when I start using it I found the ATI, that is not mentioned in their factual info and terms. The ATI allowed me to borrow over 300% of my portfolio value. The ATI was doubling and tripling while my account was negative, luring me to invest more to dilute. I always ended up having to sell my own shares as collateral to repay the shortfall. This is a MARGIN/HIGH LEVERAGE gambling platform and I was not suitable to use it, since I never invested before in my life. In less than 2 years I was allowed to buy 10 MILLION POUNDS WORTH OF SHARE with £80K. This is market abuse. After six months Barclays finally admitted that I was using the account on 300% leverage, but justified to the adjudicator that THE MARKETMASTER WAS NOT DESIGNED TO OPERATE THE WAY I WAS USING IT. I should have had an APPROPRIATENESS TEST AND FAILED IT. This is market abuse with a misleading gambling platform. Barclays deliberatelly ruined my life and it is misleading the adjudicator.

“Don't touch these guys”

Written on: 10/12/2012 by Snoopjb69 (1 review written)

If charging you per transaction wasn't enough (which it bloody well is) - Barclays thrive on hidden penalty charges, I'm convinced this is how they got out of the recession. They charged me once whilst I was away because my account was overdrawn by a few pennies (which they effectively concealed from me) and rather than waiting for me to get back to them they sold 75% of my shares completely indiscriminately so I arrived home to a tiny portfolio (and to boot, most of them were sold for under my… Read Full Review

Freitas's Response to Snoopjb69's Review

Written on: 17/05/2013

I would like to get in touch with you as im reporting them to the FCA is already underway we together can make them pay for what they did wich looks against the FCA rules like like you they did desame to us we lost out big time

Freitas's Response to Snoopjb69's Review

Written on: 25/11/2013

Yes that is what ATI does, you buy the shares with their money ,then they buy back from you because they are brokers they buy shares ans sell , buy cheaper tahn they sold to you plus fees and interest rates ,Well we are fighting this join us ,and stop other peoples fall od the same trap .

“Website and System Down Again”

Written on: 18/07/2012

16th July. Website down again - the basics are not in place let alone what is needed for a 'professional' dealing service… Read Full Review

“Barclays No major problems”

Written on: 20/03/2012 by GRIMWD1 (1 review written)

I use Barclays to occasionally buy and sell shares in both a Market master account and an ISA I have never had a major problem with them, Limit orders get filled as expected,and still send paper statements if you like (Which I do) Linking your Bank account means money is taken direct from your account quickly and efficently,also linking any trading accounts keeps dealing costs to a minimum Negs are that they require high margin levels on their spread bet accounts (50% on Chariot, when others… Read Full Review

“rubish ”

Written on: 19/03/2012 by freitas (1 review written)

they are only good if you have lot of money on your account after that ,they treat you like rubish they lie they promess you things then after a while they removed them ,customers service realy bad… Read Full Review

Slad2Blues's Response to freitas's Review

Written on: 20/04/2012

I have to say I don't know what problem freitas has with the Barclays service.What promises is he on about? Could he enlighten us?
I've been with them for years without any hassle,unlike another well known institution who managed to lose my portfolio!
A great amount of money in one's account is not necessary although it must be said that there is not much point in only buying £20 worth of shares.Dealing costs are competitive, customer service and sending out invoices is satisfactory.

Freitas's Response to freitas's Review

Written on: 23/04/2012

I explain ,they recomended an online account ,while i was only buy on certeficated account i fall fot it went on to back up that account to 37.000 pounds as i ddid not know how their available to invest worked ,. When i was loosing money try to recover it and asked them to remove the available to invest for wich they refused .at that point i only wanted to use my money but their fees were more important to them .
Then one fine day i sold out shares from the ceryteficated account and bought others transfer the money to their account to pay for them ,paid fine , then one day i found out they had taken the money out of that account transfer to the market master and sold my shares at a loss without contacting me ,.

They forward 3 times the vailable on your account is like incoraging peoples to gamble ,so called available to invest ,then when they can see you have almost no money lefte on your portfollio ,they stop the available to invest without even contac you . When you i called they went as nices as pie promess everything low fees ,barxs level one for free all ,then after one year they removed everything and they treaed me like i was no longer of their interest ,even said if you not happy go elsewhere .

But ofcourse not till i had over 20.000 pounds on my account ,only when they saw litle money in the account . My advise is nobody should use their upfront money is only disigned to boost their accounts after 3 days 40.00 pounds letter plus interests ,and how can they give you 15.000 pounds upfront money when you only have 5.000 on the account what is the take ? helping investers no ,their market makers will help them out

“Annoying backward step”

Written on: 21/02/2012 by Pimsim (1 review written)

Agree with the other reviews, the new site is a backward step. It is particularly annoying that you can no longer set up an order ready for the markets to open at 8am. Now you have to wait for the market to open before all of the deal options are available for selection. Imagine what a Barclays in-house trader would say if you tried to impose that kind of change!! Has the feel of IT staff with little experience of what the customer really needs coming up with an over-engineered solution… Read Full Review

“Old site great, new one apalling”

Written on: 06/02/2012 by Iforlondon (1 review written)

New website is atrocious, slow and too confusing. It is mostly empty space and depressing black and grey. The excellent research facilities are gone, the news against stocks is almost non existent. I assume that they could not afford to maintain the old site and pay the bonusses… Read Full Review

“New customer summary”

Written on: 16/01/2012 by insight2 (1 review written)

I liked the look of the new Barclays stockbrokers website, and after opening up a standard trading account (Market Master) and becoming familiar with the site to greater depth, I have just transferred some pensions across so that all my accounts are in one place. I especially like the Markets Overview page, where I can see FTSE and related news at a glance but for me I love the Interactive chart - much more comprehensive than anything else I've seen with other brokers. Dealing is… Read Full Review

“New website - terrible, avoid and switch elsewhere”

Written on: 13/12/2011

Same as the other reviews really; slow, hard to see where you are, non-obvious default entries, screen littered with non useful info, way too many clicks needed to get to even the most basic information and actions. Absolutely appalling change, and I will be transferring to another service as soon as possible… Read Full Review

“POOR! POOR! POOR! SERVICE I WILL FIND ANOTHER COMPANY...”

Written on: 01/12/2011 by rucoa (1 review written)

not enough on screen info when TRADING! client services dont care they just repeat standard ANSWERS. complain and you get an email 10 hours later saying we will be back to you in 21 DAYS. you cannot run a business like THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!… Read Full Review

“New website much worse than old”

Written on: 30/11/2011

New website much worse - difficult to navigate - slow - unresponsive - less news - quotes difficult to get And today site is down continuously so no trading possible Awful service… Read Full Review

“Absolute rubbish”

Written on: 11/11/2011

I could go on at length about the inadequcies and annoying omissions / changes to the new BS website - but in short it is a massive step backwards from the old site which, although not perfect, was generally fairly reliable, reasonably quick, easy to navigate with most key information retrievable with two or three clicks. After 6 hours on the new site I miss the old one terribly............ Do the people who designed this ever trade shares?… Read Full Review

“New website disaster”

Written on: 28/10/2011 by gurudev (1 review written)

BS's new website is HUGELY inferior to the old one. Any existing cusztomer who has previously been satisfied should take a deep breath before trying it. Messy appearance. Confusing---hard to detect what button is where, and even once bitter experience has taught you, often you can only reach it by taking two or three steps backward from the page you are on. Even when you do, the intervening pages are apt to be littered with ads for other BS products or services, and/or overlying the panel you… Read Full Review

Wmb194's Response to gurudev's Review

Written on: 05/11/2011

Oh good, I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates the new website. They 'migrated' me to it today and I'm disappointed that it takes so many more clicks to do anything and the market diary function has disappeared from the market data section. I used to really like it... :,(

Slad2Blues's Response to gurudev's Review

To Freitas
You wonder what I do on this board.Well for a start I'm interested in other peoples opinions.Whilst I myself have had no problems with the new BS site, or the old for that matter I appreciate the fact others may have.I'm certainly not having a go or anything.
However this site is for reviews of various companies and services.That means good, bad, or indifferent.There are good companies out there who deserve a good review.It seems that this site, however impartial, has the problem other sites have. Users are more likely to complain than offer praise.
I could write a terrible indictment of Halifax and Cheltenham Building Societys, both with good reason.
We are allowed to give good reviews if justified.I like Barclays and you don't.
Let's move on.

Written on: 27/04/2012

Gurudevi Sorry my answer was to sadblue ,as he does,t agree with anything makes me wonder ,.

I know those guys dont give a damm about complains their coffers come first as you can see the investments am is the profitabe one not the bank buisness ,.

AS per complains they are useless

Gurudev's Response to gurudev's Review

Written on: 27/04/2012

I have complained, Freitas, every victim of this user-hotile new website should do so. But my response to it has been virtually to stop dealing, so I don't expect my complaint to achieve anything.

Written on: 27/04/2012

I wonder what slad blues does on a review board ,as he does,t agree with any bad comments about barclays stockbrokers ,strange he defies any point of view on the negative side ,

Written on: 26/04/2012

What diference it would make complain to them ,if we had a quite good platform ,and they went to change it for a worst one without bother about if we would like it or not,it does,t bother them .

The changes were done to promote their products when you log in you get all those thinks you are not interested it takes more time to log in and is horrible .

Written on: 24/04/2012

Agree real rubish new website was design to promote CFDS not to help the old customers ,just confusing and guess what make you pay for the level 2as with this you go nowhere

Slad2Blues's Response to gurudev's Review

Written on: 20/04/2012

Well,so far I have not had a problem.however is users complain to the company rather than on this site changes will probably be made.
The log in choices tool is an improvement,especially for those who can't remember the long membership number.

“good informative site, great phone dealing if glitch...”

Written on: 16/09/2011

I havent had any of the problems the other reviewers have had, its been a good money making experience since i started trading 4 weeks ago. Today have had problem with internet priceing on certain shares, but they offered to do the trade over the phone at the internet deal price. What i dont like is when they do regular website updates at the weekend, so you cant go on the site and do research work for some stocks. … Read Full Review

Slad2Blues's Comment

Written on: 21/04/2012

That can be a hassle if you don't have time during the week.However,if you register with the London Stock Exchange you can look up stocks and then create a watchlist.
Access it whenever.
No charge!

“Your cash, in their pocket”

Written on: 16/07/2011 by Rabberto (7 reviews written)

Apart from the account opening problems that went on for ages and showed Barclays lax attitude to data protection rules. The type of problem where a business doesn’t hold records centrally and ends up with different versions of the same data. They were, as others have indicated, arrogant and self serving. The one thing you can be sure off is that Barclays Stockbrokers will help them selves to fees at every chance they can. I finally got fed up and decided to transfer the ISA to… Read Full Review