Halifax Savings Account Reviews

Halifax Savings Account - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Halifax Savings Account

Halifax Savings Account

“Dreadful call centre in Belfast. Staff apparently...”

Written on: 19/04/2010

Dreadful call centre in Belfast. Staff apparently completely unable to deviate from script/stock answers to actually be helpful. The guy I spoke to could only advise me to go to my local branch (like if I had half an hour to waste I would have phoned him in the first place). He also point blank refused to transfer me to his supervisor/someone who could actually use their brain to make a decision, despite me asking several times. I will indeed be visiting the local branch tomorrow - to… Read Full Review

Sendforhenny's Comment

Written on: 20/06/2013

I've been phoning the Halifax for several days to try to get bank statements sent out. I usually get through to someone in Belfast, who seems helpful but then has to keep putting me on hold and checking with a colleague or eventually transfers me to a department in Scotland. Each time I phone I get different information. I was on the phone to a guy in Belfast today who told me that it was the first time he had ever been asked for an Account Balance Confirmation Letter. He checked with his colleague and came back and said it's not possible. He refused to transfer me to the department in Scotland I was on to before, who had said they could do this. So I phoned back on the Bank Of Scotland line and they transfered me to another department who then sent the letter within 1 minute.

Halifax service was always bad but merging with the Bank of Scotland then unmerging and being taking over by Lloyd's means it's 3 companies that all seem to have different computer systems and have no idea what's going on with each other.

I plan to transfer all my money somewhere else but don't know if there are any easy to deal with banks in the UK.

“Good points: ”

Written on: 12/02/2010

Good points:

- Excellent internet banking
- They always have a range of accounts with good rates
- Good customer service
- Good branch network

Bad points:

- You need to read the T&Cs - some of their accounts will have conditions attached… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“After opening a Halifax Current account over the...”

Written on: 19/11/2004 by afrodads (2 reviews written)

After opening a Halifax Current account over the phone, I took my driving licence and BT telephone bill to Stratford East London Line to verify my identity. After waiting 30 minutes in the custmer service line, the ignorant woman rudely said that they don't accept BT bills, despite being told it was accepted as a means of verifying address, over the phone.

Days later, the same BT bill was accepted in the Halifax Hammersmith branch… Read Full Review

“From day one of opening my guarenteed reserve savings...”

Written on: 22/09/2004 by burc11 (1 review written)

From day one of opening my guarenteed reserve savings account with the Halifax, I have had nothing but grief. Having come from a banking back ground, I have a sound understanding of the banking world, however, I found that their ways of doing things very restrictive. For example I was not allowed to renew my account and then have the interest paid away to another bank account. I was told I would have to open a current account with them, or I would have to have a cheque sent to my address -… Read Full Review