Glastonbury Reviews

• Food / Drink

• Amenities

• Atmosphere

• Quality Of Acts

Summary

Festival season is upon us once again and Glastonbury is undoubtedly one of the biggest and best, attracting over 170,000 happy campers. Performances this year include Kings of Leon, Jay Z,The Verve, Panic at the Disco, Massive Attack, Reverend and the Makers, Biffy Clyro, Pete Doherty and many many more... So what are you waiting for? Whether you've been in the thick of it or simply watched the footage, give us your verdict on the mother of all festivals!
Glastonbury - Ask a question now

“Cider , Sun , Friends , Fun , Music , Dancing , 5 days...”

Written on: 19/04/2011 by CaptBirdeye (3 reviews written)

Cider , Sun , Friends , Fun , Music , Dancing , 5 days of utter escapism

BLISS

“Glastonbury was a great year with a huge variety of...”

Written on: 02/07/2008 by wetfishshop (1 review written)

Glastonbury was a great year with a huge variety of acts. The toilets by us (just up from kids field) were cleaned 5 times a day and were excellent. Water was a reasonable £1- £2. Massive Attack played loads of new awesome songs. The new Trash City field was a great place to dance 'til the wee small hours. Paying £10 for a half hour massage in the Healing Field topped it for me. Amy Winehouse sounded like she was singing from a song sheet. Mind you, she did pack a punch!! Surprised i can… Read Full Review

“As a general review of Glasto 2008, it just seemed to...”

Written on: 02/07/2008

As a general review of Glasto 2008, it just seemed to have been run better, offering more and more, at every nook and cranny you ventured to. Maybe this was because the weather was better and it was easier to get around, maybe I was just in a different frame of mind than previous years and searched for something more. I thought Kings of Leon put on a fantastic gig which really settled me into the whole thing, and waking up in time to wonder down to the pyrimad stage to see Crowded House play… Read Full Review

“Glastonbury has a great atmosphere, loads of things to...”

Written on: 30/06/2008 by johnheery (2 reviews written)

Glastonbury has a great atmosphere, loads of things to do all day and all night.
No separate arena area. Geographically, it's a varied area and can be tiring getting from one place to another. Recommended for anyone of any age… Read Full Review

“Just the best festival around! So organised......”

Written on: 30/06/2008 by niksta g (1 review written)

Just the best festival around! So organised... sunshine.... the most amazing music... my favourites were: Jay-Z, Hilltop Hoods, Crowded house, Sam Sparro, Mark Ronson, Amy WInehouse, Fun loving criminals, Pete Doherty, Duffy, Neil Diamond, Estelle, The Verve.... many more... I could go on! Really, I could! Oh do not forget that this year we had showers.... What a difference a clean me can do for my spirit! Great atmosphere... Just a whole heap of music loving, fun loving & spontaneous people!… Read Full Review

Festivalplanet's Response to 378292_niksta g's Review

Written on: 23/09/2009

I found this review very helpful because it covered her own personal experience of the festival but also covered the acts that played.

“2005 was my first Glastonbury and was absolutely...”

Written on: 22/06/2007 by MyKindaFing (4 reviews written)

2005 was my first Glastonbury and was absolutely quality. The rain and the mud certainly did not spoil the vibe, Kasabian and Coldplay were brilliant but the highlights for me had to be Bassment Jaxx causing havoc on the Pyramid Stage and an outstanding performance from The White Stripes. Absolutely gutted I'm not going this year but I'll certainly be tuning in to watch it on the telly as there's so many amazing bands on!!… Read Full Review

“Glastonbury 2005 was my first Glasto, and I thought it...”

Written on: 15/12/2005 by MolkoDragon (2 reviews written)

Glastonbury 2005 was my first Glasto, and I thought it was amazing. Despite the biblical style flood and subsequent mud from the Friday, I still had an excellent time, and will try to go every year for the foreseeable future.
Although I can't compare it to previous years, the new dance village was great, with different stages to cater for different types of dance music, and many chill out areas with funky lighting etc. The glade was also good to go to after hours, for it's chilled out… Read Full Review

“This year was my second to Glastonbury and I am now...”

Written on: 07/10/2004 by bexcoz99 (1 review written)

This year was my second to Glastonbury and I am now hooked and will be coming back (yes from NZ) to go to as many as I can. Yes we had to walk with our gear to our campsite, but with 130,000 people you can't expect to just drive into the gates and pitch your tent!! The attitude of nearly all people was amazing (apart from people who go there to whinge). I can't get over the amount of times we heard people ringing others to tell them that they had found their phone and where could they meet… Read Full Review

“Glastonbury is very good, all around action even...”

Written on: 28/07/2004 by jonathanfinley1987 (1 review written)

Glastonbury is very good, all around action even though I passed out on Wednesday night. LOL, it's fun. I think everyone should go, I recommend it… Read Full Review

“I have been to Glastonbury once and once was more than...”

Written on: 09/06/2004 by WSD (71 reviews written)

I have been to Glastonbury once and once was more than enough! I'm a festival veteran, have been to many of them both in the UK and the US and despite it's reputation, I found Glastonbury to be the worst experience of the lot.

For starters, the parking facilities on the site are MILES, and I do mean MILES from the camping, so you have to load everything on your back and then wander around a massive space trying to find enough room in the overcrowded camp grounds to put up your tent and god… Read Full Review

Bexcoz99's Response to WSD's Review

Written on: 07/10/2004

It's people like you who spoil things like this for those of us that LOVE them!! Next time stay at home!!

Triffiks's Response to WSD's Review

Written on: 18/12/2008

In the old days it was just a few drinks bit of fun and now sadly its the drug scene. I wish we could turn the clock back but we cannot. One day the kids MAY wake up and stop damaging their minds. Who knows next year?
<br/>
<br/>Am ex 60s "hippy" but we behaved ourselves and respected people.

Bhikkubodhi's Response to WSD's Review

Written on: 01/07/2008

wow i agree with some comments and not others its not miles to the campsites maybe a mile and we arrived late difficult to find a space yes and to be told by a `waster` sorry camp attendant who are all in one tent boozing vaugly there may be a space somewhere over there if youre lucky - no ive paid 150 where is the space. Sack these volunteers and get real.
<br/>The tents are 2 close has anyone broken their neck yet? Basic greed i feel have health and safety looked at this? i imagine the spin is offering the experience to the maximum people.
<br/>
<br/>Saying that people were great and I had 2 lovely night sleep seriously! luck of the draw I expect.
<br/>
<br/>Gigs great food amazing i will go again. Its the closest to India i've been in the uk so its not for everyone. hell theres always bbc3.
<br/>And I agree leeds festival rocks shame I booked lazytowm in Manchester as the wife will not let me get out of it. SERIOUSLY.

Joff1979's Response to WSD's Review

Written on: 01/07/2008

I disagree with this review because to complain about the size of the site is madness. I love the fact that it is huge, yes you may miss some bands but that was the best thing about this year, wandering around the site seeing loads of little stages with great bands.
<br/>
<br/>Also people High on substances......it is Glastonbury mate.....if you didn't expect that then you should do research plus in my experience the may be acting like animals but they are harmless.......unlike reading or V.

Hughiej's Response to WSD's Review

Written on: 30/06/2008

It hurts me to have to agree with your review as I am a true fan of the festival, and have been a regular for more than 20 years.<br/><br/>The good news is that I am just back from 2008, and I can report that some of your criticisms have been addressed.<br/><br/>In particular, there was more space this year, and a daily litter pickup was in operation, meaning the whole experience was a lot cleaner and less stressful than in previous years. <br/><br/>The distances to be covered are a problem, and always will be, but provided the food prices remain reasonable I for one am happy to travel light.<br/><br/>2008 has been the best for a decade.

Consumer View's Response to WSD's Review

Written on: 25/06/2007

It's true Glasters is not as good as it used to be..

Djeva1's Response to WSD's Review

Written on: 24/06/2007

Hi WSD, I was interested in reading your review on the Glastonbury festival.I have never been to this one myself,but I once went to a similar,but smaller one in the 80's called 'Elephant Fayre',do you remember it?It was in a place called St Germans east Cornwall near the Devon border.This festival also had a lot of people high on drugs and full of New age hippies,the bands were good, but this type of festival is not my cup of tea therefore Glastonbury wouldn't be either. Many people have told me about Glastonbury and it reminded me of Elephant fayre,I prefer the 'Bulldog Bash' myself it's much more exciting,ideal if you like bikes.

Bexcoz99's Response to WSD's Review

Written on: 14/10/2004

We all have different experiences in life and, like yourself I have also been to many different festivals in many countries. I feel though that there has been enough advertising about Glastonbury since it began that you should have know what you were getting yourself into when you parted with your hard earned cash for your ticket. I think positivity is the key to happiness and your review was overly negative so I wanted to add something positive for readers!

Wsd's Response to WSD's Review

Written on: 08/10/2004

'Scuse me, how do I ruin it for you? By watching the bands? By not smashing glass bottles into the ground? By not throwing glass bottles filled with urine at the stage, thereby covering everyone in front of me in wee? By not getting drunk/high and aggressive? By being polite and friendly to people, most of whom did not respond in kind? By trying not to knock down people's tents while returning to mine? By not standing down the front and talking really loudly through a quiet, sombre performance?
<br>
<br>I have been to TWELVE different festivals across a range of sites (and countries) over the last 10 years or so. Some I attend every year (Leeds, Move), some only occasionally (V, Lollapalooza). Glastonbury had, by far, the worst atmosphere of the lot, which was not helped by the layout of the site or the sheer amount of filth and garbage everywhere.
<br>
<br>It's funny, because everyone says Glasto has the atmosphere and Leeds/Reading has the bands; but in my experience, Leeds has BY FAR had the BEST atmosphere everytime I've been. People have been friendly, polite and fairly genial (and slightly less chemically enhanced, making them far more reasonable). The site doesn't smell like a toilet, gets cleaned overnight and doesn't require a bank loan to finance the tickets or an act of God to get them.
<br>
<br>So, don't you worry, you won't be bumping into me at Glasto because I'll be where the fun is.