BBC Radio 1 Reviews

Summary

The Uk's most popular radio station, radio 1 boasts DJ's including Scott Mills, Annie Mac, Chris Moyles, Colin Murray, Tim Westwood, Zane Lowe and Edith Bowman. With nearly a who's who of DJing, Radio 1 plays music across te spectrum, including dance, pop, rock, reggae indie and everything in between, morning noon and night.

If you're Radio 1 listener write a review and let us know about the shows you love and the shows you hate.

BBC Radio 1 - Ask a question now

“An exciting radio station for the UK - could update...”

Written on: 21/12/2008 by Lee700 (3 reviews written)

An exciting radio station for the UK - could update it's RDS name though, to BBC R1. A good station for young people and peeps who like Top 40 Hits & fab entertainment… Read Full Review

“I have to get up early for work so when i switch my...”

Written on: 01/04/2007 by Lee2008 (27 reviews written)

I have to get up early for work so when i switch my car radio on i always tune into the JK & Joel show. This can sometimes be amusing and these two play plenty of songs and dont take themselves to seriously. This show has lots of caller participation regarding choosing songs and playing the crazy you say we pay game.
Unfortunatley this show ends at 7.00am and Chris Moyles show begins. I used to listen to Moyles but i now change stations.
After Moyles has had his three hours of self promotion… Read Full Review

Cult Fiction's Response to Lee2008's Review

Written on: 15/05/2007

I listen to BBC podcasts on my ipod and have sometimes watched them 5 days after I downloaded them. However, I do agree with you about Chris Moyles - he's very pedantic.

Cult Fiction's Response to Lee2008's Review

Written on: 07/07/2007

To be honest, I don't like listening to radio either. I much prefer watching radio on the TV, preferably on one of those satellite radio channels with no actors or anything. I think the reception is much better and it if you don't like it you simply just turn to BBC 2 and watch something else.

252776_Anonymous101's Response to Lee2008's Review

Written on: 19/06/2007

I don't really listen to Radio anymore, isn't Moyles just copying what that Evans lad did years ago.

“I love this Radio station, however I couldn't listen...”

Written on: 28/03/2007 by carternm31 (80 reviews written)

I love this Radio station, however I couldn't listen to it all day due to the repetivness of certain songs which usually results in me hating a song I first loved. Chris Moyles is absolutely fantastic so is Scott Mills & Vernon Kay, however I can't say much for the other DJ's. Edith is OK, but I find the rest of them dull and boring. I like most of the music they play which is good, the choose your own song hour that Scott Mills does is often brilliant with a lot of decent tunes… Read Full Review

“Funny, informative and interesting. Doesn't get much...”

Written on: 06/12/2006 by Carlh (12 reviews written)

Funny, informative and interesting. Doesn't get much better than this. Chris Moyles is great when I'm still trying to wake up in the morning and I have to listen to him in the shower because I can't get anything else to tune on that shower radio… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“Radio one isn't owned by tax payers, but by record labels.”

Written on: 09/12/2005 by greenplastic (1 review written)

Radio one isn't owned by tax payers, but by record labels… Read Full Review

“I've been a massive fan of Radio One and until...”

Written on: 14/05/2004 by sportdonkey (30 reviews written)

I've been a massive fan of Radio One and until recently I've not really thought of listening to much else. They are the biggest station and they don't have to have adverts though increasingly they do generally for some BBC Drama which also entered your subconscious via multiple television adverts.

Being one of the biggest stations they can get the best guests, interviews and competition prizes. They do also have a good selection of music including emerging artists though I would like to see… Read Full Review