Sharp GX30 Reviews

• Style

Sharp GX30 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Sharp GX30

Sharp GX30

“I have a Sharp GX32 mobile phone, and people know it's...”

Written on: 10/09/2005 by Rex Limm (1 review written)

I have a Sharp GX32 mobile phone, and people know it's different, but let me tell you, it's the best phone I have ever used. Well for one, I used the Sharp GX10 with Vodafone live settings and pxt settings; I rang up Vodafone and they enabled the pxt settings "I said it was a Sharp GX30". Ha, now I have Vodafone live, and I can download the same as the normal Vodafone live phones. I got a larger battery for mine as well. This was $100 cheaper. 10/10. This phone is great!… Read Full Review

Sharp GX30

“Had a Sharp since the GX10, Brilliant phone in most...”

Written on: 25/05/2005 by mikesilvey (19 reviews written)

Had a Sharp since the GX10, Brilliant phone in most ways, slightly larger but you get a lot in it. Amazing screen and camera most of the time. Plays games well, and feel nice and solid.
Shame about no MP3 tones and the Bluetooth which is locked to hand free only!!! Also rubbish reception compared to GX10/20… Read Full Review

Sharp GX30

“Overall the sharp GX30 is a good phone, it has...”

Written on: 04/02/2005 by Chriss05 (1 review written)

Overall the sharp GX30 is a good phone, it has wonderful features and is stylish but it's just too big… Read Full Review

Sharp GX30

“I love Sharp phones so I decided to upgrade from a...”

Written on: 03/02/2005 by Mich555 (4 reviews written)

I love Sharp phones so I decided to upgrade from a GX10 to a GX30. It is a very smart looking phone, the camera is fantastic, the video is pretty good too! The only bad thing I have to say is the fact that when a word isn't in the T9 dictionary, in other Sharp phones you can spell the word out and save it to your dictionary but on this one you can't so you have to retype it everytime you use that word and to do that you have to keep going through the options menu and select input method and… Read Full Review

“Good points: ”

Written on: 29/01/2005 by davidos (2 reviews written)

Good points:
The Sharp GX30 is superb. The camera is magnificent giving brilliant pics. The lights are really good for a torch and flash, the photo effects are good, bomblink is very, very addictive the video camera is OK and the outer screen is good. However the screen is the best ting about it.

The bad points are:
Bad shutter speed, Mp3s being in one long list so you have to scroll through all of them, easily scratched, alarms don't go off if the phone is off like the NOKIA 3510i (which is… Read Full Review

Sharp GX30

“Ordered this from FoneShop.com and had it delivered to...”

Written on: 28/01/2005 by bobbennet (3 reviews written)

Ordered this from FoneShop.com and had it delivered to me next day. 2 colour screens is a great touch and resolution on inside screen is particularly good - particularly when taking pix with the 1.3 megapixel camera. Nice to get photos that finally don't look like they were taken with a phone! Removable SD memory card is v useful for extra memory space. Only flaw is that it's quite chunky - but then what do you expect for a phone packed with this many features!… Read Full Review

Sharp GX30

“As most people who initially get this phone (Sharp...”

Written on: 08/10/2004 by pinton (1 review written)

As most people who initially get this phone (Sharp GX30), I was impressed with the screen and the camera. However, after a few months of use, I want to go back to my SonyEricsson.

Firstly, the organiser is bad. You can't create reminders or have tasks. You can only have 3 items per day. It is very, very basic. You can't save a number to an existing contact!

Next, the phone will lose reception and you have to turn it off and on to get it back. This happens frequently.

It's such a shame it… Read Full Review

Paulmt123's Response to pinton's Review

Written on: 09/06/2005

Regarding reception, if you keep your hand away (hold it lower down when making a call) from the aerial its fine, if you don't it will drop a massive 4 bars on the signal stength to the point you can lose reception. Initally irritating but soon get used to it.

Sharp GX30

“The GX30 is an upgrade from a GX10i phone. I'm really...”

Written on: 06/10/2004 by purpleoceanbreeze1 (1 review written)

The GX30 is an upgrade from a GX10i phone. I'm really pleased with it, it looks fantastic and is ten times better than my previous phone. Screen quality is fantastic, menu looks nice, easy to use, lots of memory and great camera. I only have one problem with it, I have an imac computer and am unable to download any of the photos I have taken (my memory's almost full). I bought a Bluetooth connector but no joy. Has anyone been able to do this?… Read Full Review

Sharp GX30

“I have had the Sharp GX30 phone now for over a week,...”

Written on: 21/08/2004 by Foxie75 (1 review written)

I have had the Sharp GX30 phone now for over a week, and I think it is excellent! I am no photographer, musician or film maker so I found this phone to be everything I needed in a mobile. The picture quality for a phone is wonderful, you can take quality photos anywhere without thinking "Damn I forgot my camera" and also with a data suite be able to download it to your computer with ease.

I would recommend this to any phone user who is looking for a top quality solid phone with camera and… Read Full Review

Sharp GX30

“Sharp GX30 - Bluetooth - only connects to Sharp...”

Written on: 09/08/2004 by Daviec (1 review written)

Sharp GX30 - Bluetooth - only connects to Sharp headsets and in-car kits. Doesn't connect to PC's via bluetooth, so really, really terrible.
InfraRed - can only be used as a modem from a PC. So really really awful.

What's the point of having these features if they can't be used properly, i.e., so I can transfer on ringtones and wallpapers, remove pictures taken by camera? Really bad design idea by Sharp.

Buy a Nokia if you need to do Bluetooth/IrDA transfers. Or you'll end up buying a… Read Full Review

Mobilewisdom's Response to 165323_Daviec's Review

Written on: 21/09/2004

Try the Saanlo Mobile Phone Book Software to manage the phonebook on your Sharp GX30 mobiles.
<br>
<br>Visit http://www.saanlo.com/features.htm#screenshots to have a preview of the software.

382451_Andyrees2008's Response to 165323_Daviec's Review

Written on: 14/07/2008

Hi you can use full bluetooth capabilities if you use the data cable and change it to a gx30i. It unlocks all the potential

Sharp GX30

“At first glance the Sharp GX30 seems to be an...”

Written on: 04/08/2004 by benhester (2 reviews written)

At first glance the Sharp GX30 seems to be an impressive phone. It looks the part and feels very well put together. Toys are in their plenty, and anyone who has had a camera phone before is going to be amazed when they use the GX30's.

The camera has several resolution settings, with fine and normal quality. It has several levels of digital zoom (dependant on the resolution setting) and has shortcut keys to access features such as brightness level, flash (LED) setting and viewfinder (main /… Read Full Review

Sharp GX30

“Bought my Sharp GX30 when it was released, upgraded...”

Written on: 08/07/2004 by jat3771 (3 reviews written)

Bought my Sharp GX30 when it was released, upgraded from GX10i. Thought it was a little pricey, even with my contract reduction was a shade over £200.

Was a little disappointed with only the one game acommpanyment. Also wish they'd allow more characters per text, I've done text before now, then when sending, is multiple sms (2-3+).

Good phone all-in-all… Read Full Review

Sharp GX30

“I had to wait to receive my Sharp GX30 for over three...”

Written on: 08/07/2004 by goldenoldham (1 review written)

I had to wait to receive my Sharp GX30 for over three weeks due to nowhere having any in stock, was it worth the wait? Most definitely, this is by far the best phone I have ever used or seen (this is the first time I haven't had a Nokia phone), my girlfriend has the GX10 and that constantly keeps turning its self off I was worried this would happen to me but not once in over 2 months.

I took it on holiday with me instead of my camera and it was so much easier I have great pictures from the… Read Full Review

Sharp GX30

“I bought this phone after reading a reviews on the...”

Written on: 07/07/2004 by stevotarantino (1 review written)

I bought this phone after reading a reviews on the internet, and boy were they right in saying that the Sharp GX30 is an incredible phone.

I bought my GX30 for £250 off eBay, brand new and unlocked, and I think it's the bargain of the century. My previous mobile was a Motorola V500, yep, it's a nice phone, however it was heavy, did not have memory expansion, didn't have an mp3 player, nor did it have a good camera. In fact, the camera on it was terrible.

However, me being a keen photographer… Read Full Review

Sharp GX30

“I bought this phone a few days ago now, and after...”

Written on: 02/07/2004 by himvol666 (1 review written)

I bought this phone a few days ago now, and after using it for a while I came to the conclusion that it was an incredible phone. I have been using the features like mad. Before I had a Panasonic GD87, and I liked taking photos, but with the quality, there was no point in really doing so. However, now with a 1 megapixel camera, I find myself using it constantly.

I also put a 512 SD Memory card in the phone, (which I bought off www.ebuyer.com at a very good price!). And now, I store a massive… Read Full Review

Sharp GX30

“I think the Sharp GX30 is definitely the best phone...”

Written on: 30/06/2004 by ciaros (1 review written)

I think the Sharp GX30 is definitely the best phone around and by far, this time next year it will still be a very modern phone. The screens quality is superb even in direct sunlight and the exterior screen means you can select a portion of a picture as a small wallpaper. The camera itself delivers what most people would expect from a budget digital camera if not better, I managed to resize to A4 and there was still a good quality picture.

I have heard many people criticise the phones size… Read Full Review

Sharp GX30

“The Sharp GX30 mobile phone comes with the usual -...”

Written on: 18/06/2004 by beveragebloke (1 review written)

The Sharp GX30 mobile phone comes with the usual - phone, battery, charger, pc software cd, looooooong manual etc but unlike many older models, extended memory in the form of an 8MB SD card - upgradeable to a larger size if needs be.

I have only had the phone two days so i am only basing this review on the features i have used.

The first thing that hit me was the sheer quality of the screen, it is way behond any phone i have seen, apart from maybe the SE P900.

The phone i had previously was… Read Full Review

Sharp GX30

“The Sharp GX30 mobile phone looks great but tries to...”

Written on: 18/06/2004 by rogerdodger (1 review written)

The Sharp GX30 mobile phone looks great but tries to be too many things. The Mp3 player is mono output (tried using a .5 jack)so you will need to purchase stereo headphones directly from sharp . Bluetooth is voice only. Using a higher MB SD card drains the battery. The menu system is difficult to navigate, its not possible to organise pics into folders and it seems to take the phone a long time to open pictures and applications… Read Full Review

Sharp GX30

“This Sharp GX30 mobile phone makes a nice impression...”

Written on: 18/06/2004 by Drsdre (1 review written)

This Sharp GX30 mobile phone makes a nice impression if you see it at the store. After using it for about 2 months now, i am quite disappointed by it.
The phone simply lacks some very basic features you would expect from every phone by now.
For instance, there is a calendar where you can make notes for specific dates. But you can't put an alarm or reminder on them. What's the use of it then anyway?????
There is a MP3-player, but you don't get a good headphone with it and the output with a… Read Full Review

Sharp GX30

“I bought this Sharp GX30 mobile phone at the start of...”

Written on: 16/06/2004 by stoaty (1 review written)

I bought this Sharp GX30 mobile phone at the start of the week. A day after it arrived, I had decided to send it back. Why? Because between them, Sharp and Vodafone UK have crippled the phone so much as to make it nigh on unusable.

Firstly, the bluetooth implementation only supports the use of headphones, so no transfer between phone and computer. That will require an extra, expensive, lead.

Secondly, even if you have the lead, you can not install java apps on the phone this way. In fact, I… Read Full Review

Ciaros's Response to stoaty's Review

Written on: 30/06/2004

Quote:
<br>"That will require an extra, expensive, lead."
<br>
<br>And along with saying that you have to download from vodaphone live - most networks and phones do this now, yes they are locking bluetooth access to stop sharing of photos and games but it isn't fair to judge it by something tha'ts applicable to so many other phones.