Sony Ericsson Z1010 Reviews

• Style

Sony Ericsson Z1010 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Sony Ericsson Z1010

Sony Ericsson Z1010

“I brought the Sony Ericsson Z1010 mobile phone just...”

Written on: 23/09/2005 by wiwatcharee (1 review written)

I brought the Sony Ericsson Z1010 mobile phone just because of it's 3G capability. The style is not too bad, and I think I prefer this phone more than V800 (which looked dirty, and you could see the fingermark on the faceplate, as it is a black colour).
The price is quite reasonable, and is not too expensive.
A lot of people complained about the phones size being quite big, but come and think about it! The Z1010 has a twin camera, and it's a flip phone, so on the video call mode, you can… Read Full Review

Sony Ericsson Z1010

“The design guys in Sony haven't earned their months...”

Written on: 04/04/2005 by georgieo (2 reviews written)

The design guys in Sony haven't earned their months pay with the Z1010. Elsewhere other phone company are designing slim light models, this phone reminds me of the old Motorola phones with the flip. When you put the phone in your front jeans pocket it's like the advert 'the pot noodle horns' The camera on board, if I am allow to call it 'a camera' is the worst I have came across, from seating angle of the lens to the quality of the photo's taken. Maybe I have bad firmware on the phone, but my… Read Full Review

Sony Ericsson Z1010

“I got my first Z1010 some time ago. I've had a couple...”

Written on: 01/04/2005 by halley (2 reviews written)

I got my first Z1010 some time ago. I've had a couple now due to various software bugs, but I still love it. It's a very robust phone - it's got that great Sony Ericsson quality feel to it, and for me it was my first 'real' 3G phone. I'd had others, like the NEC ones on Three, but wasn't overly impressed.

There's a great review of the Z1010 on Talk3G over at www.talk3g.co.uk if you're interested… Read Full Review

Sony Ericsson Z1010

“The Sony Ericsson Z1010 is a great phone. The design...”

Written on: 28/12/2004 by tg (1 review written)

The Sony Ericsson Z1010 is a great phone. The design is excellent, the graphics are good, the ringtones and mp3's sound exeptional. I am a bit peaved about the position of the camera but I'll get over it… Read Full Review

Sony Ericsson Z1010

“The user interface of the SE Z1010 is nothing new: you...”

Written on: 01/08/2004 by DS (1 review written)

The user interface of the SE Z1010 is nothing new: you find the very same with K500i and other latest Sony Ericsson phones.
It is a quite good UI, but some bugs still need to be ironed out - for instance, you might loose connection with the network, and the only way to get it back is to reboot your phone!
Nevertheless, it is a reliable device, with good features, great sound quality (better using Bluetooth than directly from the phone) and nice form-factor.
The screen is one of the best I had… Read Full Review

Foggy's Response to DS's Review

Written on: 13/09/2004

Very useful review, especially on battery life, as I've just been approached by Orange and asked to trial either this handset or the LGU 8150 on their new 3G service.
<br>
<br>It's criminal that phone manufacturers are bringing phones to market that have this sort of appalling battery life - my girlfriend is with Three, she had an NEC e606 with such an appalling battery life (about 18 hours) that the phone came with a second battery as standard!!!
<br>
<br>Worse still, the manufacturers claim far greater battery life - Sony claim "up to" 295 HOURS for the Z1010!!!
<br>
<br>(See this link for this claim!!! http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=gb&lc=en&ver=4000&template=pp1_1_1&zone=pp&lm=pp1&pid=10048 )

Sony Ericsson Z1010

“OK perhaps I ought to explain that My usual phone is...”

Written on: 08/07/2004 by CJ69 (1 review written)

OK perhaps I ought to explain that My usual phone is the Sharp GX20, I am only using the Sony Ericsson Z1010 phone for a 3G trial for Vodafone - and am not allowed to discuss any aspect of the service from Vodafone - but they never said anything about talking about the phone.

The phone is big, about 1cm bigger than the GX20 in every dimension, and feels big in the hand, yup, it's heavy as well.
Picture quality, the phone focuses far quicker than the GX20, however the quality of the picture is… Read Full Review

Foggy's Response to CJ69's Review

Written on: 13/09/2004

4000&template=pp1_1_1&zone=pp&lm=pp1&pid=10048 )

Puspuspus's Response to CJ69's Review

Written on: 29/11/2005

I guess you've just gotten a bad phone, because I have a Z1010, and I charge it once a week, max.
<br>Although I agree that it's a bit big, the cameras position is far better than many phones available today.

178954_Mrcivic33's Response to CJ69's Review

Written on: 06/12/2004

I've had the z1010 switched on for the last 2 days and the battery is barely touched, battery bar is around 80% full. I have made a handful of calls (around 30mins talk time), sent a couple of messages, and played through 1 mp3 song (5 mins).

Bigaudio's Response to CJ69's Review

Written on: 14/11/2004

Although I'm not interested in this phone, I fully agree with the comments made by Foggy. I had a SE P900 which Sony claimed could last 14 days on standby, I was lucky if I got 3 days.
<br>I think it's disgusting that phone manufacturers make these claims because one of the first things I look for when choosing a new phone, is the battery life expectancy.
<br>The annoying thing is, the problem can easily be remedied by simply using Lithium Polymer batteries which are proved to have the longest life of any battery out there.