Alliance & Leicester Personal Loans Reviews

Alliance & Leicester Personal Loans - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Alliance & Leicester Personal Loans

Alliance & Leicester Personal Loans
Alliance & Leicester Personal Loans

“After reading reviews here i wasn't sure whether to go...”

Written on: 23/08/2009

After reading reviews here i wasn't sure whether to go with A&L but i did and got accepted by email 5 minutes after i completed the form and then phoned them and was offered a APR of 10.9% which i thought was ok in the these times, got paperwork friday morning and sent back friday evening and money was in my account monday morning, although i did pay a chaps fee of £30 to get the money quicker, it was worth it. Would recommend Alliance & Leicester… Read Full Review

“I applied on line for a loan from A&L on Friday 31st...”

Written on: 06/08/2009 by CAROLJBL (1 review written)

I applied on line for a loan from A&L on Friday 31st July at about 10:00, got a call at about 14:00 to check what I wanted the loan for. I was told that the loan had been accepted and the paper work would go in the post that day. Received the paperwork Saturday Morning and returned straight away. Funds were in my account on Monday 3rd August. Loan rate was as advertised. Excelent service.

☆☆☆☆☆

“I applied for a Loan to pay off an existing loan I...”

Written on: 30/06/2009

I applied for a Loan to pay off an existing loan I have with my bank and despite having a flawless credit history / perfect match for my personal and financial circumstances as a candidate, I received an acceptance at a much higher interest rate than previously lead to believe I could have. Originally promised 7.9% and was offered 14.5%. What a joke!

Time wasting / money grabbers who I will never want to involve myself in.

I've since been accepted at the agreed interest rate initially… Read Full Review

“Awful hard sell of their PPI, 20 minutes of someone...”

Written on: 13/12/2008

Awful hard sell of their PPI, 20 minutes of someone almost saying I was stupid to risk taking out a loan (of only £4000) without PPI, really frustrating I just had to keep stating I didn't want it. Sales tactics are horrible… Read Full Review

“I have almost paid off a loan I took out 2 years ago...”

Written on: 04/09/2008 by chat (1 review written)

I have almost paid off a loan I took out 2 years ago with Alliance and Leicester. No problems to mention as I took a fixed interest rate I knew what the payments would be. I also negotiated a very good rate with them which past experience with other banks shows some can be rather intransigent. Very helpful. Recommend… Read Full Review

“I complained to Alliance & Leicester about the rate...”

Written on: 01/04/2008 by rtolley (3 reviews written)

I complained to Alliance & Leicester about the rate offered, to which I got a simple "that's all we can offer you" and then they cancelled the application. So much for customer loyalty.

Tesco's offered me the rate they advertised on the internet and I got the money within 7 days of first applying. I got a payment break of 3 months and they could not have been more helpful.

Shame on Alliance & Leicester, customers will not return with poor service and offers like that!… Read Full Review

“I took out a loan of £1000 with Alliance Leicester...”

Written on: 26/04/2007 by carternm31 (80 reviews written)

I took out a loan of £1000 with Alliance Leicester over a year to help my partner who had been made-redundant. I filled in an application online, and within minutes they sent me one back confirming it had been accepted. I paid back, I believe £98 per month, working out at around £1180 payback. I had no problems with them, and paid the money back quickly and easily.

However, that was 3 years ago, and to this day they constantly send me junk mail. I have phoned on various occasions and asked… Read Full Review

“I searched for a cheap unsecured loan on the Internet,...”

Written on: 02/01/2007 by NeverAgain 2nd (4 reviews written)

I searched for a cheap unsecured loan on the Internet, and I was pointed towards Moneyback Bank deal @5.7 on £24,999 for 36 months.
Filled in application online and received email within seconds, asking me to phone an 0845 number, where an Alliance & Leicester customer advisor would provide their decision.

There then followed a seriously hard sell of their PPI, with their salesman not taking no for an answer. Eventually I asked if the loan would only be granted on condition that I took out the… Read Full Review

355068_Bigglesmckoy's Response to NeverAgain 2nd's Review

Written on: 28/03/2008

I have just applied for a loan with A&L online and was dismayed to see that instead of giving me an instant decision they have emailed me asking me to phone their 0845 number before a decision can be made - the email mentions discussing payment protection when I have already declined in twice in my online application! I now realise this is a ruse to try to get me to buy PPI and I will now steer clear of them and apply elsewhere.

Neveragain 2Nd's Response to NeverAgain 2nd's Review

Written on: 09/04/2008

A link you may find useful: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/loans/cheap-personal-loans
<br/>
<br/>Also have a look on that site for information about PPI mis-selling.
<br/>All the best.

☆☆☆☆☆

“Alliance & Leicester granted me a loan when things...”

Written on: 28/07/2006 by Milly1585 (1 review written)

Alliance & Leicester granted me a loan when things were going good for me, but as soon as I got into trouble they were a nightmare. The debt counsellors advised writing to all my creditors asking them to accept lower payments. They all did, except A&L, who responded by telling my husband all about my debt, and telling him he should help, which is a fact they denied later, but I know it was them from the details they gave him, and then they threatened to send the bailiffs to my house!! The only… Read Full Review

“I asked the Alliance & Leicester for a loan, and I was...”

Written on: 04/08/2005 by crabmart (1 review written)

I asked the Alliance & Leicester for a loan, and I was told that I could not have it at the rate I applied for, but at 11%. I am a homeowner with no overdraft, and £50,000+ equity in my house. I also have money in the bank!
I am thinking of moving my business elsewhere, as I am disgusted!
Well done Egg Loans! They offer a higher Interest Rate (7.9%), but have no early redemption penalties… Read Full Review

“Having had loans from Alliance and Leicester over a...”

Written on: 19/06/2004 by ianjohnson67 (3 reviews written)

Having had loans from Alliance and Leicester over a period of time and never missed a payment it would seem that a change of policy has been brought in.
I have never missed a payment and on once again wanting to extend a loan was turned down. Why, I have no idea, other than the interest rates were in my favour. I had a good payment history with Alliance and Leicester and was asking to borrow far less than I had in the past. Well thank you EGG. The process with EGG is easier and faster… Read Full Review