Santander Mortgage Reviews - www.santander.co.uk

186

Santander Mortgage www.santander.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Santander Mortgage www.santander.co.uk

Santander Mortgage www.santander.co.uk

“Changing Fixed Rate at maturity”

Written on: 01/05/2015 by Lisarobert (1 review written)

6 Year fixed rate 6.49% (£227 PER MONTH INTEREST ONLY) ended 02/04/15. No notification it was ending until after it ended. Phoned up 13/4 and changed to 2.99% (£104 PER MONTH) FOR 3 YEAR. WAS TOLD THAT EVERYTHING WAS FINE. CHECKED DIRECT DEBIT TODAY AND SANTANDER HAD TAKEN £170 (SANTANDER'S ANNUAL VARIABLE RATE OF 4.74%). PHONED UP AND THEY SAID THAT ALTHOUGH I APPLIED ON 13/04 FOR NEW RATE, IT DOES NOT COME INTO EFFECT FOR 14 DAYS. MORAL OF STORY IS THAT THEY WILL ALWAYS GET AT LEAST 1… Read Full Review

“Wasting time and inefficient staff.. ”

Written on: 28/04/2015 by Alanx116 (1 review written)

I am existing customer, sharedownership customer. to buy my remaining shares, applied over the phone. pretty helpful. confirmed can get the amount i m looking for over a month still asking for documents after documents.. still not sent to their underwriters.. initially all agreed, affordability etc., etc.., nos over a month still no development thinking of pulling out and going to another lender. stupid people and stupid bank… Read Full Review

“Santander, common sense doesn't seem to exist”

Written on: 27/03/2015 by MariahDwyer (1 review written)

Applied for a new mortgage in Newtownards branch 5 weeks ago and as a current Santander Abbey customer for 30 years you would think it would be a no brainer, 50% LTV reducing current mortgage from 160,000 and asking for less than half the previous committment, on a new house, we have never missed a payment with them or defaulted on any of our other committments. Initially told that we will have an offer letter in 24 hours, that was 3 weeks ago. Was then told 3 weeks ago all was ok!!!! 3 days… Read Full Review

“Mortgage 50% LTV - How long can it take?”

Written on: 06/01/2015 by 17Young (1 review written)

Shame there isn't the option to give zero stars. Applied for mortgage six weeks ago by telephone, passed through several 'stages' talking to different people. They tell you your mortgage is approved - then you speak to the next stage along and are told that actually it hasn't been approved. Now told that application has been passed to the underwriters, God knows how much longer this is going to take. No mention of them actually going to survey our dream property yet either! After the… Read Full Review

Nataliec1993's Comment

Written on: 06/02/2015

I am currently going through the process of a mortgage application with Santander and they are proving to be a nightmare!! How long did it take before they managed to get it completed for you?

Anniegirl1's Comment

Written on: 27/03/2015

Are you still battling? I have been going through this for about a month - I'm beginning to think they don't actually want my business!!! And I am putting down 60% deposit!. It is a nightmare!

Malfunctions's Comment

Written on: 27/03/2015

We have been waiting now for 5 weeks and still no further on, we ate due to complete on our current house in less than 4 weeks and Santander have been useless, our current mortgage with santander is not portable and having banked with Abbey/Santander for 30 years means nothing to them. On tuuesday we were told a decision would take 24 hours, wednesday we were told 48 hours and today friday we are told 72 hours, its a joke.3 weeks ago today the girl in our Newtownards branch told us everything was sorted and to come in and sign the following monday morning, when we arrived she then says it will probably be ok, 3 weeks later we still have no offer from Santander. We as loyal Santander customers feel so let down.

Anniegirl1's Comment

Written on: 27/03/2015

I'm going through this now via a broker - It would be impossible for Abbey to make it more difficult if they tried! I would not do business with them after this, would not recommend them. I gather they don't need or really want my business? I have a 60% deposit and am borrowing 40% and they still put spokes in every wheel. Unbelievably bad!

“What a Joke”

Written on: 16/12/2014

Background: Looking to remortgage for £159k on a £950k house. A1 credit with permanent employment. Also jointly own 2nd home outright with no mortgage (retired parents home) which I will be selling in the near future. Applied for mortgage and had a 50 minute pre application telephone call! Easily met affordability and was passed to a REAL mortgage advisor. After wasting 3 1/2 hours of my time on a telephone interview and a wasted credit check my details were passed to an underwriter who… Read Full Review

“Re-Mortgage nightmare”

Written on: 09/11/2014 by Silvajw371 (1 review written)

Incompetent staff ended up re-mortgage with the Woolwich with no hassle. After being a long term customer I am transferring all my business from them… Read Full Review

“no to mortgage”

Written on: 16/10/2014

surveyor has just given reason for not giving a mortgage on my flat, due to the FACT IT IS EX LOCAL AUTHORITY NOTHING ELSE, this is so wrong the surveyor is so incorrect with his information , do the government know these lenders are dismissing ex local properties, which are most times a lot better built than private block, my flat is in Sutton surrey 30 mins by train into London, we have negative remarks from him can we challenge this, a few things he has said are incorrect, he came from… Read Full Review

“can't fault them ”

Written on: 13/10/2014 by andycoops85 (1 review written)

We went to a broker for our first time buyer mortgage they recommended abbey /santander after reading reviews I thought we made a mistake by going ahead but we definitely didn't. We got a mortgage in principle the same day 4 days later we got our offer and a simple phone call to them direct allowed us to pick our direct debit date. The valuation was done very quick no fees and cashback we really can't fault them. You know what they say you only read bad reviews well this time they deserve a… Read Full Review

“A waste of time”

Written on: 06/09/2014 by ziBentley179 (1 review written)

Just do not use. I got a Mortgage in Pricipline straight away and included that I was taking the Army's FHTB scheme on my outgoings. Then my broken came back to me asking me for more money as a desposit, which I said yes. Got told survey had been booked, 2 weeks and nothing no survey no anything. My broken then phoned asked for more money for the desposit to make up to 15% desposit, which I said yes and sold my Horse Trailer to raise the funds. Another week pasted and then my broken phoned and… Read Full Review

“Dreadful ”

Written on: 01/09/2014 by LiasidesA (1 review written)

I have two mortgages with Santander, never missed a payment since the 4 years of having the products. One would presume that this history with Santander would allow for additional borrowings on one of our mortgages to be a simple and easy process. Think again!! The beginning of June 2014 we commenced the application process, we had to resubmit proof of earnings (payslips), marriage certificate, and bank statements for both the wife and I. It is now September 1st and we are still yet to have a… Read Full Review

Ukhart2000's Response to LiasidesA's Review

Written on: 25/10/2014

They don't know how to spell loyalty, let alone practice'it

“A tale of woe”

Written on: 13/08/2014 by mattmartin19850815 (1 review written)

We had all the right wheels in motion. we'd done everything we had to and santander had been happy until yesterday, when they quite literally just changed there minds. granted there was a change of policy. But for a company to just take your hopes and dreams and throw them to the ground without thought is truly saddening. We've gone from happy and looking forward to buying our first home, to nervous and scared, and will probably stay that way until the keys are in my hands. Even though we've… Read Full Review

Zennorj's Response to mattmartin19850815's Review

Written on: 22/08/2014

Exactly the same happened to us! Was given AIP / DIP and even the offer in writing to then a month later for them to change their minds and drop their offer, which left us stuck, very stuck..

So we withdrawed our offer and found a new mortgage with a new (better) house. This was the silver lining as the old house had a terrible lease company associated with it also as we are buying part rent part buy.

“Slow Terrible Underhand do not use this company”

Written on: 11/08/2014 by Littleaf197 (1 review written)

I have banked with Santander for over 20Yrs and never missed payments for anything. I have a perfect Experian credit rating. I hold a business account with them that turns over well in excess of a million a year which does not sound a lot in business terms but with only three staff including myself its ok. I originally wanted a 200k mortgage but they said 180 max which I agreed to. After 3 months of asking for this then a week later asking for that then another week later asking for this it… Read Full Review

Ukhart2000's Comment

Written on: 26/10/2014

Please, Keep away from Santander

The top Brass of SANTANDER, are a bunch of incompetent Highly paid B-----s.
hence, the lower ranks are the same, "INCOMPETENT" Guided by badly Programmed computers. No Human makes decisions in Santander.
Good luck with other lenders .

Ukhart2000's Comment

Written on: 26/10/2014

Please, Keep away from Santander

The top Brass of SANTANDER, are a bunch of incompetent Highly paid B-----s.
Good luck with other lenders

“Waste of time”

Written on: 10/08/2014

If your self employed or have a flexible tracker plus mortgage you have no chance with santander . My mortgage payments are £120 a month yes only £120 per month... I have a 450,000 house with 350,000 of equity. I am showing earning Between 45 - 50k a year. I have a 999 credit score & in credit in all my accounts. I have never missed a payment in 13 years with Santander. I wanted to re mortgage to the tune of 40k. I spoke with the local mortgage adviser and I met all the criteria. I then… Read Full Review

“SLOW. UNINTERESTED. APPALING. TERRIBLE. USELESS. A...”

Written on: 31/07/2014 by SiD42 (1 review written)

And that is the good points. Unfortunately we are tied in to a deal with this bank ( sorry can't bring myself to type the name). We found a buyer for our house and a house we wanted to purchase in early May, went through the initial phone call and was told someone would phone back "usually within 24 hours". That didn't happen so a few days later I phoned them back. Went through some kind of phone consultation where the gentleman took on board part of what I said and disregarded the rest. Got… Read Full Review

“Currently with santander never missed a payment for 14...”

Written on: 29/07/2014 by svPerry156 (1 review written)

Currently with santander never missed a payment for 14 years needed to downsize so decided to move. Santander said based on my self employed earnings they would not allow me to port over my existing mortgage. I used a broker who eventually got me a deal guess who with? Santander it took them 6 weeks to book a survey by which time I lost the property I was purchasing . Finally I found another suitable property this time survey done in 4 weeks mortgage offer finalised. All paperwork in place with… Read Full Review

“Slow Slow Slow ”

Written on: 18/07/2014 by ZaireMcElroy27 (1 review written)

I have applied through broker since 22th May and for some reason changed property details on 09th June . On 04th July my case been agreed and survey instructed , on 17th July i known that they did evaluation for first property but not for current property. I do not recommend them at all… Read Full Review

Emp1P's Comment

Written on: 22/07/2014

We put our application in in May, still no where near valuation. Diabolical customer service, never phone back. I have called them daily for 6 weeks. If I wasn't an existing mortgage customer moving house with an early redemption fee I would so be elsewhere.

Sid42's Comment

Written on: 31/07/2014

I'm in exactly the same boat. Constantly calling them without the decency of them calling back. I'm tied to them so I feel as though they are just doing what they want when they want. When I get out of this current tie in, I'm off somewhere else. I WILL NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER USE THIS POOR EXCUSE FOR A BANK AGAIN

ABSOLUTELY DISGRACEFUL SERVICE.

“Take horror stories with a pinch of salt!”

Written on: 04/07/2014 by vfh81 (1 review written)

We used a broker when applying for our mortgage. All requested documentation submitted on 22.05.14. Took a while to go through underwriter queue and then more time with senior underwriter. They asked for another payslip, which we submitted on 13.06.14. After much pushing from our persistent broker our case was escalated to senior underwriter quicker than normal, and survey was eventually instructed on 27.06.14. Valuation done the next day (Saturday!!!) and offer made 30.06.14. So it took… Read Full Review

Houseownerwithhsbc's Response to vfh81's Review

Written on: 29/07/2014

We are selling our house to a buyer who already has a mortgage with Santander. We have an existing mortgage with HSBC and had our survey done for the house we are buying exactly 5 weeks ago however our buyers still havent event booked the survey. Appearantly Santander has a backlog and our buyers have made a complain and they were promised a Senior person to look after their mortgage and also the survey to be booked 3 weeks ago and now we are in the danger of chain falling through as the sellers of the house we are buying are telling us that they will pull out in 3 weeks time if our buyers dont get the survey done for our house. it seems like Santander is messing it up even for others.

Vfh81's reply to Houseownerwithhsbc's Comment

Written on: 29/07/2014

Sorry to hear this-it must be so stressful for you all :(

Santander are unbelievably slow at the moment. We also have our current mortgage with Santander and it still took them over a month to instruct our survey.

It was only down to the sheer persistence of our broker that managed to get our case escalated. Do your buyers have a broker?

I wish you all the best.

“so far so good”

Written on: 04/07/2014 by Ace323 (1 review written)

applied for a mortgage on 2nd june 2014,via our mortgage broker,and today had the news that the survey has been done and we will recieve our formal offer by the end of the week.after reading all the reviews on here i was starting to get very worried but everything has gone great so far so good. glad we applied via our broker to do the pushing for us,give them a chance… Read Full Review

“What has Gone wrong with santander?”

Written on: 01/07/2014 by CharlieAlvarado405 (1 review written)

Salary in excess of 110k, perfect experian credit score, long term customer, considered sound and loyal by branch. LTV temporarily 50% until retained mortgage redeemed! then less than 20%. Referred to underwriters as declined "due to something on file" then approved. Two months later, buy to let mortgage application declined "due to something on file". 1) santander should advise of "issues" and correct errors. 2) they should have a crm that let's them value high worth loyal customers. 3) god… Read Full Review

“so slow will never use again”

Written on: 26/06/2014 by Beach78 (1 review written)

they took so far more than 40 days to process our application. it's very straightforward and it's 70%. the seller just can't wait anymore now we have lost the bid, thanks!!! will never ever want to use them for mortgage again… Read Full Review