Northern Rock Mortgage Reviews - www.northernrock.co.uk

Northern Rock Mortgage www.northernrock.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Northern Rock Mortgage www.northernrock.co.uk

Northern Rock Mortgage www.northernrock.co.uk

“The wider public need to know about NRAM”

Written on: 13/07/2014 by ErickConrad (1 review written)

Dear all I believe that NRAMs practices need to be made public to a wider audience. If you have suffered at the hands of their confusing and mismanaged protocols, please do contact me. I have read so many heartbreaking stories and feel that a collective piece of journalism needs to be put together so please, do get in touch… Read Full Review

Tog075's Comment

Written on: 18/08/2014

I too have had major issues with NRAM and their practices, I would suggest if not already done that every complaint is sent in writing to the following with a cc and copy letter to the Financial Ombudsman

Complaints to:
NRAM
PO Box 625,
DURHAM,
DH1 9JJ

Copy Letter and covering letter to:

Financial Ombudsman Service
South Quay Plaza
183 Marsh Wall
London
E14 9SR

I would think (hopefully) that numerous letters hitting the FOS must start to get alarm bells ringing, if there not already ringing!!!

Novak's Comment

Written on: 03/09/2014

I wonder how many people still have their houses , or should I say don't thanks to this Government appointed body.

“4 years and still no sorted out!”

Written on: 10/02/2014 by AngryatNRAM (1 review written)

Ive read alot of the reviews on here and im so glad to see I am not the only one who is suffering the NRAM curse. 4 years ago there was an honest mix up with a payment and from then on I have been harassed, threatened and lied to. I have had bailiffs attempting to come to my house twice even though the day they claimed to have come was two days after the date of the letter they sent in the post stating they came to my house but still wanted to charge me money for me being at work earning… Read Full Review

“sharks”

Written on: 20/12/2013

This companies attitude is outrageous and they should be stopped by the government from trading.We have been paying our mortgage repayments by debit on time for over 16 years with no issues and then like many other people ran into difficulties through no fault of our own due to the fault of government miss management of our economy.We were not over mortgaged and our repayment was okay under normal conditions but as a downtrend of business we found ourselves been late on a few occasions catching… Read Full Review

“Appauling customer service ”

Written on: 19/12/2013 by Tinpan (1 review written)

Appalling customer service. You can't talk to anyone in authority. Called every night for a week as I am currently abroad, so have to call in the evenings. Still no further ahead with resolution of something really simple. Cost me a fortune in calls as on hold for the majority of the time. If I could leave I would. Please don't buy their products. I resorted to the Financial Ombudsman and the Financial Conduct Agency, both of whom were helpful, but couldn't help me directly. Called one… Read Full Review

“TRAPPED BY NRAM”

Written on: 15/11/2013

I have experienced extremely poor customer service from NRAM. This includes complete lack of acknowledgement of written correspondence and no record of correspondence noted on account records. NRAM have an appalling phone service with a slow automated processes, long waiting queues and advisors who provide incorrect information on account status and the company's policies and procedures. Since taking out a mortgage (fixed rate for 2 years) my mortgage has now almost doubled in monthly… Read Full Review

Wendyg1966's Comment

Written on: 19/02/2014

We are in the same situation as you with NRAM, they have forced us to sell our home. My husband lost his job last year and they wouldn't help us, we asked to go on interest only and they said they would only do that if we put our house on the market. Whenever I ring I get told different things by different advisors and I get spoken to in a patronising manner.

Again like you, we are in this NRAM nightmare, worst company ever !!!

Kevin1965's Comment

Written on: 19/02/2014

I hate NRAM , even if I have to sell my house Iam going to write a letter to the government , not my mp he's a waste of time, they are a pile of poo ,let's all complain and push to put them out of buisness

“CCR Loan refund - Could this be stalled any longer”

Written on: 19/09/2013

After the announcement, in Dec 12, that The Rock had fluffed the wordings on its statements to account holders with loans attached to their mortgage. I was straight on to the NRAM website for advice on what to do next. 'Do nothing' it stated. 'We will write to ex customers whose mortgages have been redeemed in due course'. Well, no surprise that by March I had heard nothing. Cue a call to the supplied call centre number and was advised if unhappy with the the length of time taken I should… Read Full Review

“NRAM ARREARS REPAYMENT OFFER DECLINED”

Written on: 06/08/2013

NRAM are the most unprofessional outlet I have ever had any dealings with, I am £2000 arrears with the mortgage I have been paying £60.00 per month to clear the debt, my mortgage has just come off the fixed rate which means I can increase the repayment to £150, this has been declined, I have completed the documentation, I have been spoken to like I am some sort of criminal each time I have requested for the info to be in writing as I am deaf, then the saying goes its fallen on deaf ears. The… Read Full Review

Ruby193's Comment

Written on: 22/09/2013

I have had horrendous problems with NRAM. I requested interest only repayments following a job loss. Despite being told I could and after months of income and expenditure conversations it was declined. My mortgage has fallen into arrears and I am having to borrow money from family every month to make ends meet. They have now told me to sell the house as they will not give me permission to rent it out until the marker improves. Applying for a a Time Order at court is my only option as this would mean the court could dictate my payments and NRAM would have to adhere. It costs about £180 but us a good option for you if they are not co-operating!

Vicgreen1001's Comment

Written on: 30/10/2013

I have just discovered that the problem with NRAM is that they are not regulated by the FCA which means they can do what they want! We are also having huge problems with them and have launched an official complaint at the mismanagement of our mortgage. As long as you are paying something towards the arrears, I don't think they can do too much. Even if they take you to court, if you are paying something, then there is not much they can do to you. I am sorry for your stress but hang on in there. Please contact BBC Watchdog as I have done with your story. Don't let them take your house, contact one of the Debtline charities for more support. It is important you pay your mortgage before non-priority debts and don't ever hand over the keys to your house. You are doing everything you can!

“Mortgage Redemption Certificate”

Written on: 30/07/2013 by Nothappytoday223 (1 review written)

We have all but lost the sale of our house and the chain because Northern Rock have taken 5 days to issue a simple redemption certificate. Our buyers, who we know, got there's from Nationwide in 20 minutes! We've phoned them but there is no speeding them up, no reasoning with them at all. It's not the lack if credit that is causing the slow housing market. It's stubborn mortgage companies being unflexible… Read Full Review

“Even people who used to work there avoid dealing with NRAM”

Written on: 22/07/2013

This company is to be avoided at all costs . People who work for the charity step change who used to be employed by NRAM also say this . I have wanted to settle my debt with them , 8 weeks worth of unanswered emails and counting . Being left on hold and the phone cutting off, this just proves how big a bunch of **** these people are , they dont want to settle debts as they may lose more interest or changes . If u are having problems with these losers go to Step Change or better still ignore… Read Full Review

“nram breaking law AGAIN”

Written on: 27/06/2013

I started a mortgage with NRAM in 2006 after being miss sold the mortgage in the first place. I have lost my job and owe about £1000 in arrears for which I am paying off slowly. NRAM have acted unlawfully towards me by continually not agreeing to the proposal for payment I've put forward. I am now having to apply under data protection law to access my own details to prove I made frequent offers of payment. They have completely denied this and even put it in writing which is indeed slander… Read Full Review

“Same story..... They do what they please!”

Written on: 25/06/2013

Having read the reviews on here I am shocked. I find the service great. I too bought my first property in 2007 thinking it was a good idea to get on the property ladder...wrong. I do not blame NRAM for the property crash but now being trapped in negative equity I look to NRAM for assistance. They were great! Ohh thanks NRAM for the higher interest rate than other lenders, I know I cant remortgage due to negative equity and a lack of 30k in the bank, yes consent to let would help, oh the price… Read Full Review

“Northern rock consent to let”

Written on: 16/04/2013

Hi, I requested a consent to let for the same reason as other people mentioned below. Last year it cost me 150GBP for the ability to let my property for a year - they would not give me an extended period CTL, which cost 250GBP, due to the high unsecured loan I had on the morgage. I then paid off the unsecured loan to ensure this year i could get the extended CTL and have just received the renewal form and the fees have gone up from 150GBP to 1250GBP? Surely that cant be legal? Has any one… Read Full Review

“I can't believe it's legal”

Written on: 07/03/2013 by M.R.C (1 review written)

Like many of the posters on here, I feel absolutely trapped. It ruins lives and people don;t seem to realise that. I fought NRAM for 3 years - basically I went over into bad bank just because I was high LTV and had moved to interest only when rates went high. Had never missed a payment. Now stuck on their SVR and can't move lender - for everyone on here, your loan is toxic and therefore so are you. I initially refused to pay them the rate they wanted - instead setting an arbitrary rate… Read Full Review

Pauly68's Response to M.R.C's Review

Written on: 11/03/2013

I'm with you, in same position, I can build us a campaign website for free and it can be up and running in 48 hours pls email me. I spoke with a collections guy and he told me they are just in close down mode, this is why they have fixed the svr so they can get rid of the toxic debt ASAP , if we can't pay then they repossess and reduce the debt faster! Government don't care, they could reduce our rate and boost the economy , crazy , lets get 100000 names and the missed payment to pay legals is a great idea, we can get the names listed on the website, anyone up for it pls email me thx Paul

M.r.c's reply to Pauly68's Comment

Written on: 12/03/2013

I wrote an email to [name removed] the other day as he's attacking Bank of Ireland over raising their rates and accusing them of miss-selling. I've asked for his thoughts on NRAM while telling him rather than lecturing Bank of Ireland he might want to look a little closer over what his government is presiding over. How do I email you?

Pauly68's reply to M.r.c's Comment

Written on: 13/03/2013

Rural barriers & fencing website

Anthorob's reply to Pauly68's Comment

Written on: 08/05/2013

Do you have any news on how developments are with regards to your NR campaign. I am very interested in being associated with this.

Anthorob's reply to Pauly68's Comment

Jimihendrix101's Response to M.R.C's Review

Written on: 20/02/2014

I think there is a strong case for everyone to appeal and get justice - The Government are lending 20% equity interest free to first time buyers and yet a huge proportion of people (with Nram) are paying such high interest rates. Are we funding the Help to Buy Scheme ?

Anthorob's Response to M.R.C's Review

Written on: 08/05/2013

I would like to know more on what you are proposing on how to tackle this. How do I contact you?

Brige's reply to Anthorob's Comment

Written on: 09/05/2013

I am still complaining to the Independent Assessor at the Financial Ombudsman Service and also waiting for my Local MP to get back to me regarding my complaint.

I am not in any action groups, but would be willing to start one.

Please tell me what NRAM has inflicted upon you?

Brige's Response to M.R.C's Review

Written on: 15/04/2013

I've been fighting Northern Rock/NRAM since September 2010. With my sound financial record, I requested an extension of the interest only arrangement with Northern Rock. That request resulted without my knowledge in my account being transferred to a section set up to ring fence and handle bad debt under NRAM! This action was totally unjustified; from this point on, NRAM failed to act with any "DUTY OF CARE"

The wanton destruction of my life and livelihood by refusing to accept interest only payments and forcefully adding unpaid capital ARREARS to my account is MORALLY WRONG. These actions forced me into bankruptcy. I was and had been on a management plan for nearly 3 years and managing!

NRAM also made a withdrawal of money from my personal bank account without authorisation.

The resulting stress and strain directly caused the loss of my job and livelihood as a result I suffered ill health.

NRAM obtained and served a Court Order instructing me to vacate my property in August 2011 and subsequently failed to acknowledge receipt of the keys and to accept responsibillity for the maintenance of that property. Without official notification NRAM suspended possession of the property, failed to make any attempts to market the property, failed to maintain the property and continued to add interest and to serve notices of arrears on my account for 8 months.

NRAM has failed to communicate in writing any of the above actions. NRAM in unsupported telephone statements reported that I was still on Interest Only Payments. this was not the case. I contacted NRAM and they verbally told me that three managers had looked at my case and that they could not believe how i had been treated and admitted that it is an appalling case and that there was a "Large Error" on my account. I informed them that I had written to the Financial Ombudsman Service and was awaiting a response. At this point they asked me if I would reconsider and move back into my property.I explained that they had forced me into bankruptcy, loss me my job and effected my health and I had no money to pay the mortgage. They told me that they would sort something out. At this stage I was extremely upset .

I requested that the FOS asks for a transcript of the above conversation, but surprise, surprise NRAM said that they had no evidence of the call being made.

I obtained a copy of NRAM system notes from the FOS under the Freedom of Information Act.and in these notes it clearly records the above conversation and stated that there was a large error on my account and for this reason stop enforcement proceedings"

NRAM have distorted the truth, failed to communicate or to accept any responsibility for life or property in this case.

Openess and transparency is not the name of NRAM, a publically owned company paid for by the tax payers. the gratitude shown for the public financial bail out is heartless moral destruction of previously loyal customers.

My record as a customer was unblemished, one of openess and seeking advice as is normal and recommended practice in maintaining communications and requesting assistance to avoid falling into financial hardship.

The FOS had my case for 14 months and during this time ruled three different outcomes. With the final outcome not to uphold the case because they were unable to look at any of the evidence before and after the Court Order. It has taken the FOS 14 months to reach this decision, I was appalled and complained to the Independent Assessor who offered me £475.00 compensation for the poor service received from the FOS. What an insult, I have lost everything! I have returned their cheque and am continuing to fight for justice.

Last week I had a face to face meeting with my Local MP, who is going to write to the Chief Executive of NRAM to review my case. So now I am waiting to see what happens. Watch this space!

I will in the strongest terms continue to pursue this case until justice is delivered.

Anthorob's reply to Brige's Comment

Written on: 08/05/2013

Can we discuss your progress and what action groups you are in or would be interested in forming. Have you had other reply from others here. I find it so difficult to find information about these situations we need to make it simple for all to join together and fight them.

Anthorob's reply to Brige's Comment

Laurencefass's Response to M.R.C's Review

Written on: 02/04/2013

What do you consider to be illegal about NRAM? or its assets?

Laurencefass's Response to M.R.C's Review

Written on: 02/04/2013

I don't believe NRAM is operating legally or lawfully. I signed a mortgage in 2007 completely unaware of how the system worked and now I do not have a legal mortgage contract, a service contract and they are not willing to provide evidence of suitable advances to charge the mortgage deed. I would like to become a member of a class action against NRAM but we first need to review what exactly is wrong with their operation. Consider: you are now paying your entire mortgage to the treasury who are decreasing the taxpayer loan (from the treasury not the "taxpayer") while increasing the Treasury's (single shareholder of UKAR/NRAM) equity. Something is rotten here...

M.r.c's Response to M.R.C's Review

Written on: 13/03/2013

It is done

Job123's reply to M.r.c's Comment

Written on: 29/08/2013

I would like to be involved with any action group against nram. Surely what they are doing can not be legal!

Vicgreen1001's reply to Job123's Comment

Written on: 30/10/2013

We are also having problems with NRAM, I have filed an official complaint against them as they have completely mismanaged our mortgage. We are putting up a fight and i have also contacted BBC Watchdog. How can I contact anyone here?

“I have been trying to prevent a reposession order with...”

Written on: 21/02/2013 by Roxann (1 review written)

I have been trying to prevent a reposession order with themat NRAM for the last 12 months. Four months Prior to arrears accruing on the mortgage i requested nram consider an extension on the interest only period due to a household breakdown and job loss. Nram completely ignored all attempts by me to put a solution in place and when they finally looked at my request they declined it. So in order to continue to afford the mortgage i requested a consent to let only to be declined by nram due to… Read Full Review

Laurencefass's Response to Roxann's Review

Written on: 02/04/2013

I don't believe NRAM is operating legally or lawfully. I signed a mortgage in 2007 completely unaware of how the law and system worked and now I do not have a legal mortgage contract, a service contract and they are not willing to provide evidence of suitable advances to charge the mortgage deed. There is no evidence of "reserved funds" and no evidence of any regulation despite selling me a product they claimed was regulated by the FSA. Obviously wasn't. I would like to become a member of a class action against NRAM but we first need to review what exactly is wrong with their operation. Consider: you are now paying your entire mortgage to the treasury (aren't payments directly the the Treasury a form of taxation?) who are decreasing the "taxpayer" loan (it's a treasury loan - not from the "taxpayer" at all) while increasing the Treasury's (single shareholder of UKAR/NRAM) equity.

“NRAM/NORTHERN ROCK”

Written on: 27/01/2013 by Novak (1 review written)

It is about time that anybody who is trapped by NRAM/NORTHERN ROCK Wrote to Watchdog to bring this problem into the public gaze. Make no mistake about it many of us are about to lose our Houses because we cannot afford the ridiculous interest rates they are charging. If this happens the Government will have to pay for housing for us. None of us want this, we just want what is fair, at the moment we are paying double than most how much longer can we go on like this? It is about time something… Read Full Review

Hardup's Response to Novak's Review

Written on: 06/02/2013

I am game for that. Also if all of us got together and made complaint to the European Justice system we may have a case against the UK Government for forcing people without reason into the Bad Bank so the interest rate was double that of the so called good bank, hence forcing them to fall behind on payments

Novak's reply to Hardup's Comment

Great Idea,

Also write as I have to Watchdog and rip-off Britain.
If it goes on television we stand a better chance of being listened to.

Novak's reply to Hardup's Comment

Written on: 19/02/2013

Now this idea I like,
has anybody stated a Facebook on this?

Jimihendrix101's reply to Hardup's Comment

Written on: 20/02/2014

I agree lets do it - we need however to somehow form a committee of people willing to do some work rather than just posting on a review site.

Unhappycustomer24's Response to Novak's Review

Written on: 02/09/2014

I have reported my case to Watchdog, and still waiting for response .
The more complaints Watchdog receives the more likely they are to investigate . I would urge all of you to make immediate complaints , so we can get NRAM issues resolved once and for all

Laurencefass's Response to Novak's Review

Written on: 02/04/2013

Northern Rock didn't have any money to lend you they created the money out of thin air just like the government did to bail out Northern Rock. The money was created from your signature Northern Rock was bankrupt. Why else did the government need to bail out with £21billion of taxpayer promises. Even today NRAM is only just about in the black. Check your documentation: Northern Rock promised release of "reserved funds" and "FSA regulation". Northern Rock failed to observe the Law Of Property Miscellaneous Provisions Act (section 2). They have no mortgage contracts, and there is no service contract, which means that their reference to you as a "customer" is wholly fraudulent and misrepresentative. While they are continue to refuse provide any evidence that their mortgage assets are legal they are committing blackmail and harrassment on a huge scale.

Ankrham's Response to Novak's Review

Written on: 06/03/2013

know the feeling. Just been trawling some legislation and think there may be some room here under the Unfair Commercial Practices Directives. My MP has told me (he sits on the boards the monitor buildings societies etc.) that the government instructions are to get as much money out of people in NRAM as possible! They are fully registered under the FSA and CAN offer other products new mortgages etc. they simply will not do so. I suspect they are relying on the fact that the people they hitting hardest are not in a position to sue them (barring a class action). NRAM refused me permission to work from home thus putting me out of business (had already had to close down business prems due to the costs) and then wondered why I had a problem.

Did anyone get advised that their mortgage was being transferred or did they get the same as me simply letters arriving with different letterheads?

Novak's reply to Ankrham's Comment

Written on: 07/03/2013

Can your MP pursue this?
Yes I think it was just a new letter head.
Just shows you what they are like apparently when it was announced on the 11th December about some lenders getting some kind of refund on loans taken out where the wording was wrong NRAM said they sent letters out to all customers the next day (12th December) well I for one did not receive one. They also state this on their website. When I asked them about this I was told no letters had been sent out yet and even last week I asked about the letters as I had not been sent one and was told oh they are going out next week. So why put on the website that they have sent letters, just shows you what we are dealing with.

Ankrham's reply to Novak's Comment

Written on: 08/03/2013

MP won't pursue it but then he is Tory in a permanently Tory area and also sits on the committees that monitor building societies etc.. so whilst he knows all about it and even said I wasn't the only one who had reported this to him that there was no point in pursuing it. Make what you can out of that sort of comment!
I have received the letters about the refund about two weeks ago and that is the only light in this particular tunnel.
I think the Unfair Commercial Practices Directive from the EU covers the issue but no doubt they are relying on the fact that the people up to their neck in debt in this setup can't afford to sue them.
If the only notification was a change of letterhead this would seem to be inadequate as the transfer did result in a major change of terms maybe the FSA can help with that bit as they govern the way in which financial services are handled.

Novak's reply to Ankrham's Comment

Written on: 11/03/2013

Hi,

Seems like we just keep getting kicked all over then.

Jimihendrix101's reply to Ankrham's Comment

Never advised - just happened - appalling behaviour

Malc91's Response to Novak's Review

Written on: 17/02/2013

Hi I used to work for the company was so bad I volunteered redundancy.
The selection criteria for the bad bank was if you had a LTV (Loan to value) above 70 -75%, poor credit rating, poor payment history or Together Mortgage you were put into NRAM. Some people even who had great credit low LTV were put into NRAM all because the CEO who got us into this (name removed) secured credit on your house through the sub prime market of which you had no say so on.

This means you had no control how NRAM aquired or secured the credit they used to give you our Mortgage Loan on your house.
If you are unlucky and done nothing wrong such as low LTV, great credit etc it's tough in their eyes.
HM Treasury set up NRAM to be a skeleton service that offered little value for money this is evident in 2009-10 when they wrote to customers offering to wave all ERC (Early Repayment Charges)deliberately to run the mortgage book down on this bad debt as fast as possible as this would result in quick redemptions, big cash injection with it all going to HM Treasury to repay the £24billion debt.
The Board and upper management at the time so pay grades M5's upwards worked out with the Treasury team how they could run the bank down as quickly as possible also working out how many years that would take and how many mortgage loans on the book would remain to the bitter end. When I was there up to September 2010 this was calculated to take sometime between 2020 and 2025. The reason they will only reposess as an absolute last resort is again based on 2010 when we repoessed people we would only recover 60% as a maximum of any loan outstanding so it is in the companies interest to keep you in your home as much as it is yours.
I wish you all the luck in the world but you need to skip watchdog and look at EU law and legislation, every prime minister since September 2007 when NR crashed has had some part on these decisions so as hard as it is to accept and I am one of you stuck with a high rate etc through them I think it will cost millions to take on the UK Government in this. Remember the shares as a customer servie agent who had nothing to do with how the Bank was run I lost thusands that were linked to my pension, some people may say good you deserve it but to be fair we didn't as we wern't the ones gambling and risking people's money we were merely answering enquiries on a phone.

“NRAM LOAN SHARKS continue persecution a financial...”

Written on: 25/01/2013 by williams121 (1 review written)

NRAM continue to exploit home owners that have been unable to escape and move to a new lender backed at a high political level. Overseen by the controlling government body UKAR. The new 'customer services ' is a diabolical sham designed by experts at tax payers expense to offer no realistic help for home owners to stay in their home. They provide the bare minimum to some but only after it is too late and they are on the slippery slope to losing their homes. The government looks the other way… Read Full Review

Novak's Response to williams121's Review

Written on: 27/01/2013

Thank God someone is in agreement with me.
I will be more than willing to do anything to show what NRAM are, the Government are suppose to be helping us in this time.
Yet NRAM are charging us almost double with no way out.
If I could move my Mortgage I would, but circumstances have changed and I am like so many trapped.

Hiljd's reply to Novak's Comment

Written on: 04/02/2013

Hello !
I have agreat deal of sympathy with what both of you are saying,,I am in asimilar situation and have been trying for some months to sell up.

I think the text of (name removed) response (because it goes into more detail but is also very articulate), should be used on the Government's E petition site, as of now , so that we can get as many signatories as possible - WHICH WOULD THEN MEAN IT WOULD HAVE TO BE DEBATED IN PARLIAMENT ..How about it ? I am happy to do this if you would like to give me the Go Ahead...but you could easily do this yourself. I would be honoured to put my name to this, so please do it asap ! Hilary J D

Written on: 05/02/2013

Hi,

Yes go ahead and post the details here. I will most certainly do the same, the more the merrier. Is it just Governments E petition site or are there more details.

Adjelevi's reply to Novak's Comment

Written on: 02/07/2013

I am so happy I have found this. My family and I are trapped in NRAM rip off rate. I have no option at all and as many others here I would like to be able to take action.

Written on: 02/04/2013

Northern Rock didn't have any money to lend you they created the money out of thin air just like the government did to bail out Northern Rock. The money was created from your signature Northern Rock was bankrupt. NRAM is only just about in the black. Check your documentation: Northern Rock promised release of "reserved funds" and "FSA regulation". Northern Rock failed to observe the Law Of Property Miscellaneous Provisions Act (section 2). They have no mortgage contracts, and there is no service contract, which means that their reference to you as a "customer" is wholly fraudulent and misrepresentative. While they are continue to refuse provide any evidence that their mortgage assets are legal they are committing blackmail and harrassment on a huge scale.

Written on: 02/04/2013

I don't believe NRAM is operating legally or lawfully. Please refer to section 2 of the Law Of Property Miscellaneous Provisions 1989. NRAM don't mortgage contracts validating their stock. I signed a mortgage in 2007 completely unaware of how the system worked and now I do not have a legal mortgage contract, no service contract (hence the terrible treatment) and they are refusing to provide evidence of suitable advances to charge the mortgage deed. I would like to become a member of a class action against NRAM but we first need to review what exactly is wrong with their operation. Consider: you are now paying your entire mortgage to the Treasury who are publicizing decreases in the taxpayer loan (advanced from the Treasury not the "taxpayer") while increasing the Treasury's (single shareholder of UKAR/NRAM) equity. Something is rotten here...

Clairebear30's Response to williams121's Review

Written on: 12/02/2013

My partner and i have had nothing but trouble with NRAM, we are due to be evicted next Thursday purely because of how NRAM saw fit to divide our agreed monthly mortgage payment between the mortgage and the unsecured loan that we also hold with them.

I have taken legal advice and been assured that the eviction won't go ahead, however this has also left us out of pocket.

They are nothing but government approved debt collectors/ loan sharks. I'll write to Watchdog and rip off Britain with our story also .

Williams121's reply to Clairebear30's Comment

Written on: 13/02/2013

Dear Clairebear30,

I am so sorry and angry to hear of your dreadful predicament. UKAR and NRAMs procedures are truely ruthless and they have no regard whatsoever to ordinary homeowners. I have recently written to Watchdog and rip off Britain myself. I am now considering setting up a facebook page dedicated to current NRAM homeowners to see if more attention can be brought to their unnecessary exploitation.

Good luck to you and your family.

Kind Regards,
E Williams

Selina1976's reply to Williams121's Comment

Written on: 17/02/2013

I have also written to rip of Britain. I think a facebook web page would be a brilliant idea. I am in the same boat as most of you. I feel we deserve compensation from Northern Rock for their nelgeignce.

Novak's Response to williams121's Review

Brilliant everybody,

This is what we need.

Let's stick it to these *******
I FOR ONE AM SICK OF BEING TRAMPLED ON AND MADE TO PAY RIDICULOUS INTEREST RATES TO NRAM

Hiljd's Response to williams121's Review

Hi,
Just Google E petitions and it takes to the Government site...its self explanatory & pretty straightforward. They will email you once you've submitted your info and you then have to click on a link to activate it. I went on the site yesterday and there are a fair few active petitions there.....I'm sure you'll want to sign up to a few others ....I always do.

I also took the liberty of copying our 3 comment from the Review site and forwarding them on to BBC "Watch Dog".
I should get an email if they intend to run with the story. I'll let you know via this site if I hear anything. Here's to some sort of good result ....Cheers till then !

Williams121's reply to Hiljd's Comment

Excellent work !

I will write to Watch Dog and Rip-off Britain later today.

Once the petition is up I will try to recruit as many as possible to sign up and start looking at other forums to spread the word.

Cheers

E Williams

Hi Hiljd's,

I have been to the E petitions what do I look for where is your petition.

Adjelevi's reply to Novak's Comment

Written on: 02/07/2013

Same here I went onto the website but I need to know what I am looking for. What heading or keyword to search for?

Unhappycustomer24's reply to Hiljd's Comment

Written on: 02/09/2014

thank you .
we all need to get behind this as NRAM are running people lives amock

Williams121's Response to williams121's Review

Written on: 05/02/2013

Hi !,

Thank you for taking the time to read my text and write your comments.

I would be delighted for you to use the text on the E petition site please do.
Perhaps once it is up we might try and draw some media attention to it.
If you have any ideas on that it would be good to hear them.

Kind Regards, E Williams

Novak's reply to Williams121's Comment

Hi All,

I have written to Watchdog and rip-off Britain if enough of us write in they will take up the case, so we all need to do that asap.

Hiljd's reply to Williams121's Comment

Hello Wiliam,
See my reply to Novak, sent a couple of minutes ago.
I'm going to leave it to Novak to post the E petition ( very interesting site, please take a look).....

I hope the Watch-Dog thing meets with your approval....

Hiljd's reply to Hiljd's Comment

Hi William 123 & Novak,
Just to let you know that I have notified just about everyone who has left a comment on this site, about the planned E petition (I'm leaving this to you Novak, as it would be making use of your post here on this site....If for some reason you can't do this, then let me know,because it needs to be up & running before the weekend), so fingers crossed we can reach the 150,000 target that ( I think we need), in order for there to be a guaranteed debate.
I've also contacted Occupy Wall Street, to see if they are prepared to help. Will notify you if & when I hear anything.
Hiljd

Hi,
Please don't leave it for me to post the E petition
As I am not aware of what you have been looking at.
If we all leave things up to other people we will get nowhere!!!

Can you send the information to everybody and everybody act on it.
I have written as I said to Watchdog but one letter is no where near enough they will just think I am a disgruntled customer.

If we are to make a change everyone has to do their bit.

Ok

Hiljd's reply to Novak's Comment

Written on: 08/02/2013

OK NOVAK, Obviously a misunderstanding.....I'll go ahead & try to put one together using some of the info you have supplied...& others. I have been fairly busy with this, this morning, as I was contacted by someone else commenting on this site mentioning that there have been a couple of expired petitions & one rejected one all to do with NRAM. I was able to access them & got feedback, just a few minutes ago, from the Office of the Leader of the House, about why they rejected it. One obviously has to frame the petition in such a way as not to accuse anyone of actual wrongdoing ! So it looks as though the petition will have to ask for a debate about the antics of the Banks in general..... citing certain FSA Guidelines and how they are not being adhered to? I'll work on it this evening,
Hiljd.

Great stuff Hiljd,

Let us know what you come up with, and how we can all help.

Just need some more people on board now.

Best wishes everyone.

Phil

“Sympathetic don't make me laugh!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Written on: 21/01/2013

How NRAM have the audacity to put this quote on their website " Payment difficulties - How we can help you during financial difficulty NRAM is committed to helping our customers find a way forward if they are struggling with their finances. Our friendly and helpful agents will treat you sympathetically and positively and will work with you to help you to review your financial situation." Over the past two years my partner has had an injury at work and then he unfortunately broke his knee… Read Full Review

“NRAM are breaching contractual duties.”

Written on: 05/01/2013 by laurencefass (1 review written)

I have been up to date with mortgage payments since 2007 and I have been writing to NRAM for over four months requesting a copy of a credit agreement or mortgage contract because I don't possess anything on file and I would like to review it. They have completely ignored me. The have completely ignored my complaints. I have now voluntarily stopped paying them and offered a guarantee of 6 months payments while we resolve our issues. NRAM is acting unlawfully on so many levels and causing serious… Read Full Review

“YOU MUST BE JOKING”

Written on: 26/11/2012

These people are a jock - not content with paying their employees a wonderful salary and benefit package (from our tax payers bailout money) they also pay their Directoria and Non Executive Directors Huge sums for doingprecisly NOTHING. We wished to port our mortgage from our exisiting too big and difficult to sell house to a smaller easier one. We had an offer for our house (been on market 2 yrs) and what we wanted to do was part exchange and downsize to a smaller one - PAYING NRAM BACK 50% of… Read Full Review

Williams121's Comment

Written on: 25/01/2013

I sympathise with you enormously I am in a similar position a large mortgage and paying nearly 6% overall with the further advance and impossible to remortgage. Absolutely, no assistance from NRAM whatsoever, stonewalled at every turn. Keep paying the extortionate rate or lose our home of 30 years. Controlled by the government through UKAR the same government that states 'we will do everything we can to keep people in their homes' How about bringing the residential mortgage rate down in line with the rest of the banks in the country?

Written on: 11/02/2013

We should all stand together. I have contacted bbc watch dog and rip of Britain

Written on: 17/02/2013

Yes I have now contacted rip of Britain and put in a complaint to the financial ombudsman.

Hiljd's Comment

Hello,
I have posted a comment on this site a few days ago and thereis about to be (hopefully, in the next couple of days or so) ...a new petition about the whole topic of NRAM, on the Governments E Petition site. Whether your specific problem is mentioned or not , please sign up to this asap.
With enough signatories, the premise of the petition HAS to be debated in parliament (so get your friends, kids & even your budgie to sign up) -please !
Also please feel free to contact BBC watchdog.......I have just done so ...

Written on: 11/02/2013

Thank you. I am also contacting bbc watch dog and rip of Britain. We all need to stand together.

“NRAM, UKAR AND THE GOVERNMENT”

Written on: 25/11/2012

As an Asset Management company NRAM/UKAR have a remit to pay back the government as quickly as possible. So, all you NRAM customers out there who are under the illusion that this company cares about your personal circumstances, think again - they are a business like any other company and have targets to achieve and use KPI's to measure how they and their employees are performing. Check out the Vacancies section on the UKAR website. Their employees benefit from a bonus scheme, income protection… Read Full Review

Hiljd's Comment

Written on: 08/02/2013

Hello Guest,
We (several of us on this site, myself Hiljd, Novak, William 123), are keen to put together anew Government e petition calling for intervention to change these unacceptable "loan shark" type practices. I have permission to use Novaks comments for this purpose. Could I have yours also? You obviously have more financial knowledge than thr rest of us...I intend to look up Principle 6 and see if I can quote directly from that also.
I would appreciate a prompt reply. Thanks, Hiljd.

Written on: 15/02/2013

Yes I am keen to sign

Laurencefass's Comment

Written on: 02/04/2013

What do you intend to sign? What is your objection?