Bella Reviews

Bella - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Bella

Bella
Bella

“I used to look forward to buying Bella every Tuesday,...”

Written on: 13/02/2009

I used to look forward to buying Bella every Tuesday, excuse for a good long soak to read the real life stories and fiction, get hints and tips, read about real women of all shapes and sizes fashion and worries. Now it doesn't even warrant running a bath, as soon as you open read the few stories its over theres no depth to the mag now - Sorry Bella there's another magazine on the shelf (hope it doesn't change its format) but I enjoy the read far better… Read Full Review

“I have been buying Bella magazine for years and I used...”

Written on: 15/05/2008

I have been buying Bella magazine for years and I used to couldn't wait for a Tuesday to pick up my copy. Now, it is just like any other magazine, It is full of celebrities which we read about in any other magazine. I bought it again yesterday and that will be the last, I think there was one true to life story and that was it. Who wants to read about all these celebrities?? We want true life stories. Bella has changed drastically… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“I have bought Bella since number one issue and I have...”

Written on: 22/12/2007

I have bought Bella since number one issue and I have noticed it has gone downhill and this is because it is full of adverts. Wont be buying next one that will be full of holiday adverts so they can fill the book. I can get holiday info from travel agents FREE. Bye Bella!… Read Full Review

“Used to love Bella, I bought it every week for years...”

Written on: 01/11/2007 by HelenHolmes (1 review written)

Used to love Bella, I bought it every week for years and years. There was just the right balance of real-life stories (which were well written), diet, advice, fashion, letters, health, beauty etc. Now it's no better than the other rubbish… Read Full Review

“For the new look magazine - absolutely none. ”

Written on: 21/08/2007 by karen hodgins (1 review written)

For the new look magazine - absolutely none.
I have been buying Bella since it first came out many moons ago. I know there have been changes made to it throughout the years but none as drastic as the most recent. It used to be a magazine that could be read by every age group, whereas now its seems to be aimed at the 20-30 age bracket. Some of the best articles you had have now been replaced with more gossip on celebrities that we can read about in numerous other magazines… Read Full Review

Washing Up Blues's Response to karen hodgins's Review

Written on: 23/08/2007

Hi. I completely agree; there are far too many gossip magazines nowadays without our favourite mags heading that way too. Just wondering, have you found any decent alternatives?

Caspian's Response to karen hodgins's Review

Written on: 16/09/2007

I have to say I agree with every word. As a committed reader of many years' standing, the new-look magazine came as a great shock and disappointment. If I wanted to know about celebs, fashion and travel I would buy another magazine. As it is, Bella has been ruined for me and all the best features have now been dropped. I for one won't be buying it any more.

Janedawson's Response to karen hodgins's Review

Written on: 07/09/2007

I used to buy Bella because it had interesting articles, stories, fashion and was completely different to all the usual tat aimed at us ladies (whilst the guys mags print interesting stuff with humour and no self loathing).
<br/>
<br/>I bought it again recently and was so disappointed it had dumbed down. It doesn't need to have those celebrity stories (that are usually out of date by the time it has been printed). Please bring our old mag back.

☆☆☆☆☆

“Bring back the old style Bella and gain back old...”

Written on: 19/07/2007 by shazza33 (1 review written)

Bring back the old style Bella and gain back old customers and get some new ones too! The highlight of my week was to read my Bella, which I have been getting for over 20 years, but I have cancelled Bella now because I don't want to hear about celebrities and their trends. I want fiction and real life stories!… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“I don't know why Bella has changed a winning formula...”

Written on: 04/04/2007 by suer1940 (1 review written)

I don't know why Bella has changed a winning formula but it has and will surely pay the price. I'll never buy it again after it has lost its three best features. Total rubbish now - just like all the other celeb and fashion mags.

You can't reinvent the wheel Mr Bella!… Read Full Review

“Come on Bella. Be like you used to - a bit more punch...”

Written on: 26/06/2006 by jposner (1 review written)

Come on Bella. Be like you used to - a bit more punch and a lot less Richard & Judy!… Read Full Review