Holiday Cottages Reviews - www.holidaycottages.co.uk

Holiday Cottages www.holidaycottages.co.uk - Ask a question now

“Friendly company and as agreed”

Written on: 10/11/2013

Had a weekend away, the cottage was as described and was better than we originally thought. Easy to deal with and came back to me with the availably the next day. The cottage made the weekend though… Read Full Review

“Was completely ripped off!”

Written on: 02/10/2013 by Ttinkyhinky (1 review written)

I was stung with additional charges by the owner upon arrival. Having driven 400 miles to the middle of nowhere he knew he had us over a barrel. We had to pay or sleep rough. When we complained he told us to take it up with holidaycottage.co.uk when I did that they just told me it was between be and the owner and had nothing to do with them. They were also extremely rude to me on the phone. Will never use them again. They had no concern for their customers at all… Read Full Review

“Holiday Disaster, awful, awful, awful, stay well clear. ”

Written on: 01/10/2013

Scandalous! Had an argument with owner manager at Manor Farm Charmouth over a simple request for a second key fob to allow access for a second party (front iron gates), which resulted in us leaving the property after only one night. Holidaycottages have sided with the manager and have refused to post our honest detailed review of the whole incident on their site. Outrageous, their review system is biased and dishonest. THEY REFUSE TO PUBLISH ANY BAD REVIEWS. Steer well clear as you are not… Read Full Review

“TOO STUFFY at SHARPENTON LODGE”

Written on: 06/02/2013

Stayed at SHARPENTON LODGE in Nov 2012 as a party of 3 couples. We all found it stuffy, airless and uncomfortable. This lodge is so busy trying to be ECO-FRIENDLY that it forgets to be USER-FRIENDLY. It has an air recovery system which does nothing to freshen the air inside, and a request not to open the windows. The bedrooms were way too hot and we had no control over the heating. Also no top windows in bedrooms to let in fresh air. After a couple of days we all felt listless and headachy… Read Full Review

“Very Disappointing Holiday”

Written on: 25/08/2012 by Frankiethedog (1 review written)

We booked a week at a cottage at The Holt farm near Stibb Cross in Newton Saint Petrock in July and paid over £400 for a week's stay. I was 23 weeks preganat at the time, and both myself and my partner had been looking forward to a relaxing break with our dog. On arrival, the cottage seemed absolutely fine. The surroundings were lovely. The kitchen was adequately equipped, and the power shower was great, although there was only hot water in the mornings, which was a shame. Unfortunately, the… Read Full Review

“I booked a cottage in Paracombe, North Devon for my...”

Written on: 16/05/2011

I booked a cottage in Paracombe, North Devon for my Husbands 50th birthday. When we arrived there were no signs up to tell you had arrived in the right place. We only knew because I printed a picture of the property. The place was diry, had cobwebs in every room. The stone floors hadn't been swept or cleaned in ages. The cottage smelt very musty and damp. The kitchen cupboards were dirty and the crockery, utensils etc had to be washed before use as they smelt musty. The bathroom was dirty… Read Full Review

“DO NOT TAKE ANY NOTICE OF HOW THEY DESCRIBE THE...”

Written on: 11/07/2010

DO NOT TAKE ANY NOTICE OF HOW THEY DESCRIBE THE COTTAGES THEY WRITE A LOAD OF RUBBISH.DO NOT AT ANY COST USE THIS COMPANY TO BOOK YOU HOLIDAY IT WILL BE A HOLIDAY FROM HELL.NOTHING WAS GOOD ABOUT IT. THE PLACE WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN OUT OF PLACE IN A CAPE TOWN SLUM… Read Full Review

“This year when I was low on money I realised there...”

Written on: 17/09/2009 by leighanne005 (1 review written)

This year when I was low on money I realised there wouldnt be much chance of me taking a holiday abroad. I had the holiday time to spare but no money to spend! Then I got speaking to a friend of mine online and she had just got back from Devon. She said she had really enjoyed her time there and then sent me the link to the Farm & Cottage Holidays website.

I had a look around and then found a lovely little cottage around Bideford, North Devon. I called up the number and got through to a very… Read Full Review

Actingrose's Response to leighanne005's Review

Written on: 03/10/2009

I can appreciate your experience with the agents. I can only say I'm glad your accommodation was owned and attended to by a very pleasant landlord. Where the agents fall from grace is when there is a problem with your accommodation. They are not prepared to do anything to help resolve any situation. They will not engage with any complaints. They leave holiday makers out on a limb when dealing with aggressive and obstructive owners. They will not get involved. This can ultimately lead to a very miserable holiday because your left in a potentially volatile situation in which they will not arbitrate.

R Mckean's Response to leighanne005's Review

Written on: 19/01/2010

I am pleased for Leighanne that she had such a delightful holiday. She suggests that holiday owners with complaints should "..inform the agency to investigate still promoting these places.." - there are a number of reviews listed on this website which describe the lack of support given by Farm and Cottage Holidays when things go wrong. I complained to the agents in July 2007 while at the property and on my return home. None of the problems were addressed (not the agent's problem; apparently my contract was with the cottage owners). Furthermore 'guests' staying there in October 2007 experienced the same problems as me. A year later (Sept 2008) F & C Holidays did send me a cheque amounting to 25% of the cost of my holiday but given that the site I stayed at had 14 properties (all let through F&C, rents averaging £1000 per week) and complaints from other guests in the same week - why didn't they make a site visit to investigate?

“I found the accommodation to be dirty and had...”

Written on: 30/06/2008 by brendanbenson (1 review written)

I found the accommodation to be dirty and had woodlice, there were unsafe items in the house for children. The plumbing in the toilet broke and the washing machine also packed in as it looked as though it had not been properly maintained

I am very unhappy with the service, it seemed as though the property had not been inspected often enough and I did not think it was good value for money… Read Full Review

“Having paid nearly £400, a reasonable price at face...”

Written on: 08/08/2007 by julian Halls (7 reviews written)

Having paid nearly £400, a reasonable price at face value, for a small cottage with a nice view, one has to say that the property called Coastguard Cottage was clearly misleading in the description and the pictures on the web re-enforced the misdirection. As such, it was not good value. Very careful reading of the website revealed an estate agent's style prose, where what was not said was clearly the most important aspect to be noted. Complaints to the company resulted a polite reply, which… Read Full Review

R Mckean's Response to julian Halls's Review

Written on: 13/10/2007

I have read Julian's comments and when I realised that his experiences of Farm and Cottage holidays (also known as Simply Cottages) were similar to my own I was prompted to write my own review which I have submitted for consideration.
<br/>I note that Julian's review names the Agent as Farm & Country Cottages. If you search for Farm & Cottage Holidays and Simply Cottages you will be directed to the www.holidaycottages.co.uk website. I have submitted a review about about Farm & Cottage Holidays not Farm & Country cottages but I believe it to be the same company that Julian has reviewed.

Burnbury's Response to julian Halls's Review

Written on: 28/07/2009

I found this review very helpful because...Clearly this reviewer had similar experiences to us. I have submitted my review of this company. Our small outside space was in a car park over looking an over flowing bin store.
<br/>No help from the company whatsoever, just the obligatory reply taught at avoidance school - sorry but not prepared to do anything.

Brendanbenson's Response to julian Halls's Review

Written on: 30/06/2008

I found this review helpful because...<br/>it confirms that the company do not regulate the standards of their accommodations and are only happy to take a very reasonable amount of money with very little on their part to accept responsibility for them

R Mckean's Response to julian Halls's Review