Big Issue Reviews

From 1 review

Big Issue - Ask a question now

“I have been a homeless person myself for nine months...”

Written on: 04/08/2006 by jonathan kelly (110 reviews written)

I have been a homeless person myself for nine months after I had left university, and as an authentic person selling the Big Issue is what they had to offer me. It is a hard life walking the streets all day, having to accept hand-outs and going to day centres. I sold the Big Issue but it was difficult for me, as it is a hard thing to sell if you do not look the part. I bought it for 40p and sold it for £1, and the most I sold in a day was about 20, which made me £12 profit.

Food is free for… Read Full Review

Jonathan Kelly's Response to jonathan kelly's Review

Written on: 10/11/2006

I did not mention that selling the Big Issue can get others upset, as I was threatened by many other sellers and even shop workers who did not like me standing outside their doors. Even an old man threatened me outside Holborn tube station. It can be a sad business.