Linksys 5 Port Workgroup Hub Reviews

• Ease of Set Up

Summary

Networking Switch
Linksys 5 Port Workgroup Hub - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Linksys 5 Port Workgroup Hub

Linksys 5 Port Workgroup Hub

“This Linksys 5 Port Workgroup Hub is an excellent...”

Written on: 13/07/2005 by The Final Fury (5 reviews written)

This Linksys 5 Port Workgroup Hub is an excellent little bit of kit. We have had 3 X-Box's running through it (on 2meg Broadband) and a PC for basic surfing with no noticeable lag. (Works best with 2 X-Box's and the PC). Just make sure you connect it with Ethernet cables and not USB. It was a pain in the backside to get it working until I bought the E-net cables. With these and XP it doesn't even need the disk and links straight through to the net.

Highly recommended for X-Box live… Read Full Review

Linksys 5 Port Workgroup Hub

“I am using a 10/100 hub 5 port Linksys hub - Model...”

Written on: 23/04/2002 by Pseudocyber. (1 review written)

I am using a 10/100 hub 5 port Linksys hub - Model EFAH05W.V2.

Desire: Carry a small ethernet hub in my laptop bag to use when troubleshooting network issues using a Protocol Analyzer. With a hub, one can plug in the node, the analyzer, and the uplink without mirroring or spanning a port on a switch.

Symptoms: The protocol analyzer only sees broadcast traffic - no unicast traffic between the node and a device over the uplink.

Solution: I called Linksys tech support, for the second time… Read Full Review

Zarko.'s Response to Pseudocyber.'s Review

Written on: 06/11/2002

It would be interesting to learn if the reviewer, has actually found a small laptop-able hub. For general use one could say that getting essentially a switch under the cover of a hub would be a bonus, but since for some purposes it apparently isnt, it would be nice to hear about the actual solution.

Conroyd's Response to Pseudocyber.'s Review

Written on: 15/04/2005

I bought one of these this morning, for exactly the same reason. The switch I want to monitor doesn't have span or mirror capabilities.
<br>
<br>I suspected it was acting as a switch, but it's good to see it confirmed.
<br>
<br>FWIW, 3Com® OfficeConnect® Dual Speed Hub 5 is apparently a guaranteed hub, Product #: 3C16755.
<br>
<br>I've just ordered one.

Majacoby's Response to Pseudocyber.'s Review

Written on: 06/12/2004

I had installed this model Linksys Hub in an IDS monitoring set-up. The company that does our IDS monitoring came back to me and said that all they could see is broadcast traffic. I read this page and changed to ports 2, 3 & 4 because of the reply gscottj made on 29 June 2004. I still have the same results, only broadcast traffic. Not a passive Hub!

160466_Gscottj's Response to Pseudocyber.'s Review

Written on: 29/06/2004

Actually, I looked at the Linksys webpage. Apparently, the shared uplink port is switched. I guess that the rest isn't. Would whatever you had plugged into the uplink port, work in the fifth, non-uplink port that the uplink port shares with?

57367_Kevin Winters.'s Response to Pseudocyber.'s Review

Written on: 11/12/2002

Common problem, It is getting harder and harder to find a true hub. I carry around a 10 meg blackbox hub that works well. Haven't found a small 100 or 10/100 that wasn't actually a switch.

Linksys 5 Port Workgroup Hub

“This is a solid hub. The Linksys Hub is made ruggedly...”

Written on: 20/05/2001 by Huer. (1 review written)

This is a solid hub. The Linksys Hub is made ruggedly from ABS plastic. I have dropped mine many times and it still serves me like it's new; and I've had mine for 4 years. I have had no problems with it at all, not even with the variety of O.S.'s I have used with it. (linux, OS2, Win9x NT 2K, Dos + win31, Unix, Etc). I can't remember how much the unit cost when I got it but I know it wasn't alot. I would recommend this unit; Hubs can't really be expected to get much better… Read Full Review

Linksys 5 Port Workgroup Hub

“This Linksys Hub has served ne well without problems...”

Written on: 29/04/2001 by Paul. (1 review written)

This Linksys Hub has served ne well without problems for over a year. Good Kit… Read Full Review