Cauldron Foods Organic Tofu Reviews

Cauldron Foods Organic Tofu - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Cauldron Foods Organic Tofu

“Poor texture and taste”

Written on: 25/08/2014

When Cauldron Foods was part of Marlow Foods, the tofu was organic, tasted ok and was palatable. Since Premier Brands bought them out some years ago the tofu is not organic, watery, and American made (says on the packet). We have relegated this to use in soups when we are stuck. Far better tasting and texture are Dragonfly Tofu from Holland and Barrett and Ocado, Blue Spot or Taifun brand from independent healthfood shops. Cauldron smoked tofu is awful -try Taifun beechwood smoked - tastes a… Read Full Review

“OMW! YUM! ”

Written on: 18/10/2013 by Susiejones80 (39 reviews written)

Being vegan, I found I can never find a good "meaty" substitute for my stir-frys or salads. I end up binge eating on too many nuts or crisps, because I crave savory foods. Eventually I stumbled upon Cauldron Organic Tofu, in Sainsburys. The best find ever! The best tasting find ever! The best substitute ever! The flavor is perfect. It's quite smoky, yet Thai sauce like too. Perfect for any savory dish. I fry it up with olive oil, just to make it a little more crunchy and then add my vegetables… Read Full Review

Cauldron Foods Organic Tofu

“When originally introduced, it won an award for the...”

Written on: 14/09/2010

When originally introduced, it won an award for the best new organic product. Its delicious.

However, read the label. The Tofu in this organic product is NO LONGER organic. I emailed Cauldron foods about this, but they did not reply, so I guess they don't want to talk about it because it would put people off buying it… Read Full Review

Cauldron Foods Organic Tofu

“Cauldron Foods Organic Tofu, while it is the only...”

Written on: 31/03/2004 by Mindy (82 reviews written)

Cauldron Foods Organic Tofu, while it is the only brand of tofu we seem to be able to find at our local Tesco, is, as tofu goes, extremely acceptable. It's fresh, springy and absorbs the flavours of whatever we cook it with, our favourite being either in pasta sauces or oriental stir-frys, although I must admit I could just munch on it plain.

Tofu is far from being the most exciting food around, but it's healthy and filling and does a great job of absorbing a soy-sauce-based marinade. So no… Read Full Review