Bob Martin Flea Spot On For Cats Reviews

Media Gallery for Bob Martin Flea Spot On For Cats

Bob Martin Flea Spot On For Cats
Bob Martin Flea Spot On For Cats

“not the best”

Written on: 17/07/2014 by kittypaw (1 review written)

My male cat is turning 8 months shortly. A month ago I notice he had fleas so I got Bob Martin spot on which I bought in Tesco, would not trust eBay where some people on here have purchased theres. I combed the cat until I could no longer find any flea and put the spot on onto the cats nack , it's says not to get it on the fur but it's near impossible as I found out.The cat was sleepy and abit off but was probably just me stressing it out was fine the next day it also went off its food but I've… Read Full Review

“Kills kittens”

Written on: 24/06/2014 by myMolloy459 (1 review written)

Bought the kitten version in less than 12 hours first kitten died after going limp and not eating less than 24 hours 2nd dies, this happened today! Never buy!… Read Full Review

“Avoid at any cost”

Written on: 19/06/2014 by AdenKelleher (1 review written)

Gave my cat a dose and poor little thing catched flees anyway..sad..looking nowhere..not sleeping properly..not being the same usual lovely young cat..had to take her to vet who prescribed capstar and advocate..avoid at any cost go to vet and get them to give u treatments bob Martin products shouldn't be in shops these will make your pet suffer… Read Full Review

“Sudden death ”

Written on: 18/06/2014

Bob martin's... This product should be banned, in fact all of it! Owners are buying this to protect their poor pets from fleas without knowing that this is later eventually going to kill their pets! My cat also died because of this, and she was actually pregnant at the time and I'm happy the kittens did not get affected. I will not rest until Bob Martins is completely wiped off the shelves and internet, and banned… Read Full Review

“Sudden death ”

“death treatment”

Written on: 18/06/2014 by birdie34 (1 review written)

Do not buy, I bought this product thinking I was doing right but as soon as I applied my 18 month old cat was wobbling and then just layed down would not eat or drink and looked so poorly. The next day I took him to the vets and after a costly injection and a syringe of liquid he started to come round after 48 hours do not use this product or the worming product they are dangerous. Minus stars… Read Full Review

Carolinecatowner's Response to birdie34's Review

Written on: 18/06/2014

Do not use anything containing Permethrin. This pesticide has been banned for home gardeners' use for several years due to toxicity - so how can it be permitted as an ingredient for use inside the home and on our pets?!

“Cats very sleepy”

Written on: 12/06/2014 by Johnny446 (1 review written)

I've given my 2 adult cats this treatment today they have been very sleepy and haven't eaten or drank I am now getting extremely worried since I have googled this and found these reviews I wish I had of read these earlier as I wouldn't have given the cats the treatment. How can they get away with selling this poison… Read Full Review

“Avoid!!”

Written on: 09/03/2014

2 weeks ago,I bought the spot on flea treatment for my cat. 2 days later, I awoke at midnight to him stumbling down the stairs. He had a wobbly gait in his hind legs and was generally twitching. He is 16 and on a special renal diet for decreased renal function. I thought the worst ,thinking it was end stage renal failure. I took him to an emergency vet (at cost of £218 ) and vet took bloods. Amazingly, his renal function was very good (the diets work) and the vet was mystified. She suggested I… Read Full Review

“Please, please avoid. ”

Written on: 31/01/2014

Please, please do not use this product on your pet. My eight year old cat who is usually full of energy and incredibly friendly was treated with this, and within hours was lethargic and vomiting. Thankfully she was taken to the vet in time for treatment, but I dread to think what could have happened after reading horrific side effects encounter by other pets on the internet. This is a dangerous product that should not be on the market. Their website claims that only 3 cats have had a serious… Read Full Review

“I have two kittens and couldn't get frontline, so...”

Written on: 26/01/2014

I have two kittens and couldn't get frontline, so applied bob martins spot on, I hope u rot in hell my poor babies are sick because of ur awful product… Read Full Review

“Is this intentional?”

Written on: 23/11/2013 by BobbyRude (1 review written)

Here is why this "product"(poison) gets no stars. With all the unnatural deaths and illness of pets,you have to wonder if some of this is intentional… Read Full Review

“Death trap!!!”

Written on: 29/08/2013 by tsiopani1992 (1 review written)

Directions for use avoid contact with the eyes do not eat or drink, harmful by inhalation, harmful if swallowed seek medical advice immediately, avoid contact with the skin wear suitable protective clothing, wear suitable gloves, dispose of container in a safe way, it has harmful written on it! Having read all that I was still stupid enough to put this product on my 5 month old Russian blue she got very ill and needed vet treatment. As for the fleas they still in good health!! Sainsbury's still… Read Full Review

“Bob Martin spot on for dogs”

Written on: 17/08/2013

Never!! Never!! use this product. Used it on my JR dog. She was as sick as a Dog pardon the pun. had all the symptoms you described that affected your cat. This product should never be sold. Also had a vet bill.not as bad as yours. IMO this stuff is poo… Read Full Review

“Smells toxic”

Written on: 11/08/2013

Stinks like molten plastics! I have unfortunately applied it, then read the reviews and wiped it off her as best as I could. Will try to return the product on the basis of its poor rating. Best to buy vets approved products from the chemist, at a triple cost. … Read Full Review

Catfriendly's Comment

Written on: 12/08/2013

Have used Bob Martin twice on my five year old cat now. The second time one day ago and have just noticed that where I have applied it (between her shoulder blades) that her fur has fallen out and I can see a small patch of her pink skin. Also more worrying and am not sure if it is related but she has also developed a small lump on her back. I did read these reviews before using the product but intend not to use them again and will be contacting the supplier. Please be very careful and give consideration to getting advice from your local vet first.

“DO NOT BUY!!!”

Written on: 03/08/2013

We used this on our 1 year old cat for the first time. She feel ill straight after, lethargic, sleeping all day, no movement and always shaking. She wouldn't even eat or drink. She hasn't been the same since, doesn't jump and has no confidence. Took her to the vets today, they said a lot of cats have a bad reaction to Bob Martin spot on as they use cheap chemicals. I paid £107 for a blood test to see if she has kidney or liver damage from this. Fingers crossed. Strongly do not recommend!… Read Full Review

Trudyls's Comment

Written on: 11/11/2013

What was the outcome? My cat seems to be suffering from the same symptoms. I hope yours is well now.

Trudyls's Comment

Written on: 11/11/2013

What was the outcome? My cat seems to be suffering from the same symptoms. I hope your cat is well now

“Cat Losing Fur”

Written on: 02/06/2013 by janetleeke (1 review written)

I can't believe I've only just looked at reviews! I thought Bob Martin was a reputable company, but since using the spot on treatments my cat's fur is coming out in clumps around her neck where it was applied. She has even just let me wash her - this is unheard of as she does not let you pick her up, but she must have been in such discomfort that it was a relief. I advise people not to buy iy and instead use product from the vet. They may be more expensive, but the animals are worth it. I'm… Read Full Review

Ritaturkey's Response to janetleeke's Review

Written on: 11/07/2013

similar thing has just happened to my cat, bright red skin & she was shrieking washed it off but want to know any suggestions what to do to soothe it

Janetleeke's reply to Ritaturkey's Comment

Written on: 11/07/2013

Bob Martin have been very professional about this and asked for all the details so they can investigate - it is worth contacting them.

Ritaturkey's reply to Janetleeke's Comment

Written on: 13/07/2013

Do you happen to know the best email address for Bob Martin re this? It was fortunate I could rinse her under the tap within 10 mins as she is only small if not I dread to think what would have happened to her skin

Janetleeke's reply to Ritaturkey's Comment

Written on: 13/07/2013

They contacted me through Amazon.
Hope your cat is ok xx

“Dangerous!”

Written on: 19/05/2013 by RuthK1 (1 review written)

Do not use this product! I used on our cats and one of them had an extreme reaction which involved foaming at the mouth and convulsing, this is apparently not an uncommon side affect for this product. We were fortunate that she is a fairly robust cat and was fine after we washed it off her, but there are loads of reviews out there saying that lots of cats have died as a result of reactions to the product. Not worth risking!!… Read Full Review

“Good value and worked”

Written on: 18/04/2013 by PetFace (1 review written)

Bought this from the supermarket, worked brilliantly its easy to use and got rid of the fleas, I will use again as it was quite cheap and did te job… Read Full Review

Karen1203's Response to PetFace's Review

Written on: 20/11/2013

Yes I concur - I used it, it is exactly the same as Frontline and excellent, which my vet used to sell to me. People should stop scaremongering - any problems they are having with their pets are not related to!

“Burnt my cat”

Written on: 12/04/2013 by PrincesOwner (1 review written)

There is a problem with the product, after googling the topic, it seems to be well known. I tried the product thinking that it wouldn't happen to our cat, well it did. I'm disgusted at Bob Martin. I will not be buying from them again. Please please listen to the reviews, yes it is cheaper than other brands, yet is it worth making animal suffer. I intend to contact the supermarket to warn them about this product… Read Full Review

Burcsilino's Response to PrincesOwner's Review

Written on: 12/04/2013

I dont have any such problem, however! The 6pack ointment turned out to be a FOURpack. I looked carefully at the packaging and it is clear that it was originally packed as a 4-pack (no tempering, no removal are visible) whereas on the package it indicates six.

Ritaturkey's Response to PrincesOwner's Review

Written on: 11/07/2013

There is nothing on the packet to say it might burn or what to do, my kitten is screaming now.

“Burnt my Cat's Skin”

Written on: 06/04/2013 by jibby1 (1 review written)

Avoid this at all costs. I applied it to my cat and he went crazy by jumping around and running into furniture. The following day he had clumps of fur missing and scabs where I'd applied the Bob Martin Spot On… Read Full Review

Ritaturkey's Response to jibby1's Review

Written on: 11/07/2013

Used it before on the other cats but its burnt new cats skin, it should say on the packet as I used to think Bob Martins was good, had it brought from UK to Turkey but better to use the local stuff I think