Beeman R8 Reviews

Beeman R8 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Beeman R8

Beeman R8
Beeman R8

“In my over 50 years of shooting, only very few rifles...”

Written on: 08/12/2010

In my over 50 years of shooting, only very few rifles have earned the title of "keeper". Those guns I will never sell, but pass on to the children, or grandchildren. Inorder to earn that designation a gun has to fit well, have pleasing porportions and features, be very well made, have a high degree of inherent accuracy, and, perhaps most importanly of all, have that certain quality that just makes you want to pick it up and go hunting or shooting with it. Those special guns are a pleasure to… Read Full Review

“I originally purchased my first Beeman R-8 in 1983 or...”

Written on: 26/04/2009 by snickers (7 reviews written)

I originally purchased my first Beeman R-8 in 1983 or 1984. At the time I was power hungry so I sold the rifle after 5 or 6 months. I have several PCP rifles, AA410, Logan Solo, Daystate Huntsman Classic, etc. (all in .22 caliber). Recently I purchased a Beeman tuned R-7 and just loved the easy cocking and accuracy but the cheap rear plug kind of turned me off. I remember the R-8 and longed for the quality of that rifle. I began looking for a used R-8 about 5 months ago and as luck would… Read Full Review

462163_Bob88888's Response to snickers's Review

Written on: 23/05/2009

This is an outstanding review. I also have a Beeman R8 and couldn't agree more.

“Awsome pellet rifle even after 20 years. I bought mine...”

Written on: 11/12/2008

Awsome pellet rifle even after 20 years. I bought mine in December of 87 and have been putting it through he'll ever since. It's only been properly cleaned once about 15 years ago and rarely oiled with countless tins of pellets shot but continues to preform great. I will be having it Supertuned very soon which will only make me enjoy shooting my R8 even more! Someone needs to ask Beeman if they were crazy to discontinue this model or beg them to bring it back!

“The Beeman R-8 is a nice smooth rifle that is an...”

Written on: 15/03/2006 by PKAT (1 review written)

The Beeman R-8 is a nice smooth rifle that is an upgrade from the R-7. It is somewhat heavier and has the stock from the R-1. The power level is approximately 50fps higher than the R-7, making it a mid-range springer.
Orginally purchased in 1986-7 it has just received a complete tune, spring etc. Now the rifle is even smoother and the trigger is better than ever.
If you find one that is for sale - BUY IT!
It is a keeper… Read Full Review

“I think this Beeman R8 is as close to the...”

Written on: 07/07/2005 by doctorxring (2 reviews written)

I think this Beeman R8 is as close to the quintessential spring air rifle as you will find. HW quality.
Smooth and easy cocking. Adequate power for most air rifle duties. Superbly accurate. Sweet handling. Awesome trigger. Excellent fit and finish. This is the perfect "core" air rifle.
You can go from here. I've had mine for a long time now. Others have come and gone and others will come and go, but the R-8 will stay. Why this rifle is not current in Beeman's catalog is a mystery to me.
If… Read Full Review

“I've had my Beeman R8 since about 1987 or 1988. I've...”

Written on: 26/07/2004 by jado (1 review written)

I've had my Beeman R8 since about 1987 or 1988. I've shot thousands of pellets through it and it's never been anything less than impressive. The accuracy is top notch for a sporting class gun. Like all better made rifles, it even has a palm swell grip for improved trigger control. Very well balanced, it points well and target acquisition is quick.

I have an Aperature sight and have never felt the need for a scope or other sight system. I do like using the post front sight for the field… Read Full Review

“I purchased my Beeman R8 back in 1987 when I was in...”

Written on: 30/03/2004 by flyfisher228 (3 reviews written)

I purchased my Beeman R8 back in 1987 when I was in 10th grade. I have been shooting with it ever since and never had a thing go wrong. Basic maintenance is all it needs. Recently I had it supertuned by the experts at Beeman and it shot like new. Not as strong for bigger small game but does an awesome job taking down doves, crows, sterlings, and english sparrows. Best take down was at 40 yds no scope, nailing a crow in the head taking half of it away… Read Full Review