Fitness First Reviews

Summary

Compare reviews of Fitness First and let others know what you think about their gym membership, their customer service, the equipment available and anything else fitness gym members would want to know about.
Fitness First - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Fitness First

Fitness First

“Cancellation nightmare - Thomas More FF”

Written on: 10/12/2014 by farangis25 (1 review written)

I will add my voice to those who tried to cancel with Fitness First and were ripped off. Before I joined I asked a specific question if I could cancel anytime as I was a contractor and my contract could end anytime. I was assured that all I needed to do was to give a month notice. As my contract ended 3 October in the beginning of September I gave my notice. In the beginning of October I made a call to check if my membership has been cancelled. Staff on the phone said yes. I got relaxed… Read Full Review

“Unfair payment system”

Written on: 07/11/2014 by Asherr482 (1 review written)

I cancelled my direct debit after having a membership for about 2 years. I no longer used the gym due to my work shedule. Fitness first then contacted me asking to pay them £70. £35 for last month and £35 for 30 days cancelation notice. At this point I had not used the gym in over 8months and had still been paying. It is very unfair that even though I had not used the gym they still wanted me to pay the 30 days notice. They even threatened me with a debt recovery agency if I did not… Read Full Review

Fitness First

“I started my membership on August 2013 which supposed...”

Written on: 08/10/2014 by 38Schroeder (1 review written)

I started my membership on August 2013 which supposed to end on August 2014.. First of all I didn't use the gym for a single day for medical reason.. Still they charged my account. On September they charged my account again. So I called them on Oct 2nd they said they charged my account on rolling month policy as per their terms.. I asked about my refund for the medical issues, she replied that we don't care. And if you cancel on Oct 2nd they will cancel on Nov 30th not on end October because… Read Full Review

Written on: 22/10/2014

Hi, we're sorry to hear about this. We'd like to discuss it with you to clear up any confusion. Just contact us through the website. Thanks

Fitness First

“Continual deceit and flat out lies - avoid them at all...”

Written on: 25/09/2014 by Keithnt194 (1 review written)

We had a Fitness First membership contract for 12 months. We cancelled after a year in a face-to-face visit and they said "no problem...but if you pay a small fee we will hold the current price for you if you ever wish to come back and join again"....now three months later, they deny that conversation ever took place and keep calling telling us to come and pay our monthly fee. Apparently to "cancel" the 12-month agreement we need to go in and have a meeting because they said "the contract… Read Full Review

Written on: 22/10/2014

Hi, sorry to hear about this. Please contact us through the website if you need anything. Thanks.

Fitness First

“IT IS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY”

Written on: 17/09/2014 by McWilliamszj69 (1 review written)

I was going to tell my experience but everything has been written, you guys have better gyms, with nicer stuff and no contract so basically AVOID FITNESS FIRST… Read Full Review

Written on: 22/10/2014

We're sorry to hear about this. We'd like to hear more so we can resolve any issues. Please contact us through the website so we can help. Thanks

Fitness First

“I cancelled my membership gave notice reason. Still...”

Written on: 15/09/2014 by Denz1 (1 review written)

I cancelled my membership gave notice reason. Still kept taking money when I cancelled direct debit took a card payment . When complained to the bank and got the money back. They gave it to recovery agency called CARS. Had to pay to avoid the recovery agency for no fault of mine… Read Full Review

Fitnessfirst's Response to Denz1's Review

Written on: 22/10/2014

If you'd like to discuss this further so we can clear up any confusion regarding your membership please contact us through the website. We'd like to help.

Fitness First

“Rude staff, overpriced, overrated gym”

Written on: 12/09/2014 by CurtisKirkland (1 review written)

Gym guest passes are issued but staff are very rude and pushy when you do not sign up. The gym is highly overrated and over priced for its facilities. They have good machines but the way Fitness First manages it is terrible! There is a superior attitude the staff like to throw at customers to make themselves feel big and they do not explain their contracts properly. Especially the fact that you have to give a months notice before you can cancel. Even after, you have to check your account… Read Full Review

Written on: 22/10/2014

We'd like to help resolve this and clear up any confusion. Can you please contact us through the website so we can help? Thanks.

“thiefs”

Written on: 24/08/2014 by Jonasi461 (1 review written)

I cancelled my membership and cancelled my direct debit because I knew they are thiefs but they took money from my card directly as I has given the details to them when I joined, which is illegal… Read Full Review

Written on: 22/10/2014

If you'd like to discuss this further so we can explain the way your details were used, please contact us through the website. We'd like to help clarify.

“A decietful minefield...”

Written on: 20/08/2014

I walked past a FF gym and was invited to come inside and see their facilities. I wasn't ready to join the gym at that moment, but the Sales team wax-lyrical pitch enticed me with promises that I could leave at any time (I'm a freelancer and my work takes me to different locations), that I wouldn't be tied in to the contract and it would be easy to leave, just let them know and they would cancel my contract, no hassle. How wrong was I! I proceeded with a delayed official start date of 4th… Read Full Review

Fitness First

“Rude Staff at Kingsbury Fitness First”

Written on: 15/08/2014 by rajlumar (1 review written)

Some of the staff in particular the "HRM", (what ever that stands for), are particularly rude if you mention there are no paper towels, or changing rooms are dirty, basins need cleaning, or if the air conditioning isn't on in certain areas and it is too uncomfortable and unsafe to train in that environment. I even had one member of staff call me ignorant when pointing out it was way too hot in the exercise studio and dangerous as members were slipping on the floor, and proceeding into… Read Full Review

“Fraudulent”

Written on: 26/06/2014 by UrsulaDomingues (1 review written)

Enrolled at Fitness First November 2012, stopped using facilities January 2013, tried to cancel and they said only if I was terminally ill with letter from doctor, moved abroad with proof ( one way ticket), passed my membership to someone else to pay - or pay total amount till end of contrat plus cancel fee( but was never told the amount- to stall)... July they chased me for payment I told them again wanted to cancel was told the same thing and gave me a total to pay - I paid, they they sent me… Read Full Review

Fitness First

“Shocking customer service - Victoria, Cardinal Place”

Written on: 21/06/2014 by Laurel278 (1 review written)

Joined up, but had to leave immediately as I was moving jobs. Cancelled within the time period allowed to cancel your membership. Was told over the phone that that was fine and would be dealt with. So I left it at that. Couple weeks later, noticed £41 had been taken out of my account. Rang up to be told that Head Office of Fitness First hadn't gotten any notes to say that I had cancelled early, and they couldn't refund because I had used my membership card to swipe into the Gym. I've only… Read Full Review

Fitness First

“NEVER ANY SPACES IN CLASSES, GYM FULL OF POSERS”

Written on: 10/06/2014

I hope people reading this take notice and learn from the horrible experience I have had with fitness first. When I joined I was given the lovely speech about a 4month contract, no obligations etc. Here I am 6 months after the end of the contract and until today I am still being charged. I cancelled the DD with the bank and still Fitness first take the money. It was never explained to me that when 4months is up that you have to cancel or they bill you every month. I would strongly recommend… Read Full Review

Fitness First

“Never coming back again”

Written on: 03/06/2014 by Jamisonx266 (1 review written)

I bought 4 month membership. I wanted to stop the payment after it. Called few days ago to do it,and you still asking to pay for one more month just because of that? Also got lots of email that I am not paying even though you are taking money from my card every time. As well I paid plus 24 pound for being late few days. Its not enough?… Read Full Review

“BUNCH OF SHARKS ”

Written on: 01/06/2014 by Dexter28 (1 review written)

AFTER GETTING THE SMOOTH INTRO TALK ABOUT UNLIMITED FREE GROUP CLASSES AND THE ABILITY TO FREEZE MEMBERSHIP IF TRAVELING I SIGNED UP AT MOTORCITY DUBAI. yOU CAN NEVER GET INTO A FREE GROUP CLASS AS THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH PLACES CLASSES FOR THE AMOUNT OF MEMBERS WANTING TO USE THEM. IT IS A BATTLE OF PEOPLE SCREAMMING AT EACH OTHER JUST TO GET INTO A FREE CLASS. SUSPENSION FOR TRAVEL IS CHARGED AT aed 100 PER MONTH AND NOT THE aed 100 FOR THREE MONTHS MR SMOOTH TALKING SALES GUY GAVE. STAY CLEAR… Read Full Review

Written on: 22/10/2014

If you'd like to discuss an issue with clubs in Dubai please contact us via the website. We'd be happy to help.

“Great new club”

Written on: 19/05/2014 by Simonh184 (1 review written)

I have recently joined Fitness First London Bridge (next to The Shard). I believe they have recently undergone a £1 million refurbishment. The club is state of the art with a fantastic new spinning studio. The staff are so helpful and their gym floor classes (tabata and freestyle training) fantastic. Changing rooms are plush and very clean. I would definitely recommend this club to anyone. So close to borough market as well… Read Full Review

“Happy Days”

Written on: 14/05/2014 by ChunkyLafunga (1 review written)

As I cancelled my membership at last after 10 years. Fitness First were always cheap and cheerful and I could use a club local to me at the weekends. Then it all went wrong. They closed my local club so I now have to pay another club for weekend work outs. They then refurbished my weekday club at Holborn in London. During the refurbishment the place was a dangerous building site for two months but they still expected members to use the place which I patiently did often carrying my back pack… Read Full Review

Fitnessfirst's Response to ChunkyLafunga's Review

Written on: 22/10/2014

We're sorry to hear about your experience. If you'd like to discuss this please contact us via the website. Thanks.

Fitness First

“Money First, Fitness Later! Beware of this Gym!”

Written on: 10/05/2014 by Breannav359 (1 review written)

Fitness First is a global company with gyms scattered in many countries. With a gym like this, it should have an international standard when it comes to wellness. I am referring to their gyms in the Philippines. They have many gyms in the Philippines. So I belong to a third world country and this gym which has headquarters in the US only cares about capitalism. I wonder why their desperation has led them to set up their business in a 3rd world country. Reading some of the other reviews,I… Read Full Review

Written on: 22/10/2014

Hi. If you still need to discuss an account in the Philippines please contact us through the website and we'd be happy to pay your query on the the relevant team.

Fitness First

“I cancelled my membership because I was moving I...”

Written on: 01/05/2014 by CynthiaBarleycorn (1 review written)

I cancelled my membership because I was moving I notified with one month but I had to pay for 2 months after stop using the gym. I asked for a refund and they don't want to give me any money. Is the last time I join this gym. I payed 112£ for not using the gym, amazing… Read Full Review

Fitnessfirst's Response to CynthiaBarleycorn's Review

Written on: 22/10/2014

Sorry if there's been a confusion here. If you'd like to discuss this further please contact us via the website. Thanks

“Disgusting”

Written on: 22/04/2014 by Gottsy1 (1 review written)

After a period of ill health I put my membership on hold for 2 months, then I wrote to the manager at my club telling them I was cancelling my membership completely. They continued to take 2 more monthly direct debits so I cancelled the direct debit and wrote 2 more letters repeating the cancellation request and requesting a refund. Head office are now taking me to court as they say they didn't receive any of my letters and I should have sent alter to head office by recorded delivery if I… Read Full Review

Fitnessfirst's Response to Gottsy1's Review

Written on: 01/05/2014

Sorry to read about this. If you'd like to discuss anything please contact us through the website. Thanks

Gottsy1's reply to Fitnessfirst's Comment

Written on: 06/05/2014

I tried to discuss this with you when I wrote to you 3 times and you ignored my letters. Lets not pretend you want to help, you have my money and thats all your company want