Fitness First Reviews

Summary

Compare reviews of Fitness First and let others know what you think about their gym membership, their customer service, the equipment available and anything else fitness gym members would want to know about.
Fitness First - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Fitness First

“Fraudulent”

Written on: 26/06/2014 by UrsulaDomingues (1 review written)

Enrolled at Fitness First November 2012, stopped using facilities January 2013, tried to cancel and they said only if I was terminally ill with letter from doctor, moved abroad with proof ( one way ticket), passed my membership to someone else to pay - or pay total amount till end of contrat plus cancel fee( but was never told the amount- to stall)... July they chased me for payment I told them again wanted to cancel was told the same thing and gave me a total to pay - I paid, they they sent me… Read Full Review

Fitness First

“Shocking customer service - Victoria, Cardinal Place”

Written on: 21/06/2014 by Laurel278 (1 review written)

Joined up, but had to leave immediately as I was moving jobs. Cancelled within the time period allowed to cancel your membership. Was told over the phone that that was fine and would be dealt with. So I left it at that. Couple weeks later, noticed £41 had been taken out of my account. Rang up to be told that Head Office of Fitness First hadn't gotten any notes to say that I had cancelled early, and they couldn't refund because I had used my membership card to swipe into the Gym. I've only… Read Full Review

Fitness First

“NEVER ANY SPACES IN CLASSES, GYM FULL OF POSERS”

Written on: 10/06/2014

I hope people reading this take notice and learn from the horrible experience I have had with fitness first. When I joined I was given the lovely speech about a 4month contract, no obligations etc. Here I am 6 months after the end of the contract and until today I am still being charged. I cancelled the DD with the bank and still Fitness first take the money. It was never explained to me that when 4months is up that you have to cancel or they bill you every month. I would strongly recommend… Read Full Review

Fitness First

“Never coming back again”

Written on: 03/06/2014 by Jamisonx266 (1 review written)

I bought 4 month membership. I wanted to stop the payment after it. Called few days ago to do it,and you still asking to pay for one more month just because of that? Also got lots of email that I am not paying even though you are taking money from my card every time. As well I paid plus 24 pound for being late few days. Its not enough?… Read Full Review

“BUNCH OF SHARKS ”

Written on: 01/06/2014 by Dexter28 (1 review written)

AFTER GETTING THE SMOOTH INTRO TALK ABOUT UNLIMITED FREE GROUP CLASSES AND THE ABILITY TO FREEZE MEMBERSHIP IF TRAVELING I SIGNED UP AT MOTORCITY DUBAI. yOU CAN NEVER GET INTO A FREE GROUP CLASS AS THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH PLACES CLASSES FOR THE AMOUNT OF MEMBERS WANTING TO USE THEM. IT IS A BATTLE OF PEOPLE SCREAMMING AT EACH OTHER JUST TO GET INTO A FREE CLASS. SUSPENSION FOR TRAVEL IS CHARGED AT aed 100 PER MONTH AND NOT THE aed 100 FOR THREE MONTHS MR SMOOTH TALKING SALES GUY GAVE. STAY CLEAR… Read Full Review

“Great new club”

Written on: 19/05/2014 by Simonh184 (1 review written)

I have recently joined Fitness First London Bridge (next to The Shard). I believe they have recently undergone a £1 million refurbishment. The club is state of the art with a fantastic new spinning studio. The staff are so helpful and their gym floor classes (tabata and freestyle training) fantastic. Changing rooms are plush and very clean. I would definitely recommend this club to anyone. So close to borough market as well… Read Full Review

“Happy Days”

Written on: 14/05/2014 by ChunkyLafunga (1 review written)

As I cancelled my membership at last after 10 years. Fitness First were always cheap and cheerful and I could use a club local to me at the weekends. Then it all went wrong. They closed my local club so I now have to pay another club for weekend work outs. They then refurbished my weekday club at Holborn in London. During the refurbishment the place was a dangerous building site for two months but they still expected members to use the place which I patiently did often carrying my back pack… Read Full Review

Fitness First

“Money First, Fitness Later! Beware of this Gym!”

Written on: 10/05/2014 by Breannav359 (1 review written)

Fitness First is a global company with gyms scattered in many countries. With a gym like this, it should have an international standard when it comes to wellness. I am referring to their gyms in the Philippines. They have many gyms in the Philippines. So I belong to a third world country and this gym which has headquarters in the US only cares about capitalism. I wonder why their desperation has led them to set up their business in a 3rd world country. Reading some of the other reviews,I… Read Full Review

Fitness First

“I cancelled my membership because I was moving I...”

Written on: 01/05/2014 by CynthiaBarleycorn (1 review written)

I cancelled my membership because I was moving I notified with one month but I had to pay for 2 months after stop using the gym. I asked for a refund and they don't want to give me any money. Is the last time I join this gym. I payed 112£ for not using the gym, amazing… Read Full Review

“Disgusting”

Written on: 22/04/2014 by Gottsy1 (1 review written)

After a period of ill health I put my membership on hold for 2 months, then I wrote to the manager at my club telling them I was cancelling my membership completely. They continued to take 2 more monthly direct debits so I cancelled the direct debit and wrote 2 more letters repeating the cancellation request and requesting a refund. Head office are now taking me to court as they say they didn't receive any of my letters and I should have sent alter to head office by recorded delivery if I… Read Full Review

Fitnessfirst's Response to Gottsy1's Review

Written on: 01/05/2014

Sorry to read about this. If you'd like to discuss anything please contact us through the website. Thanks

Gottsy1's reply to Fitnessfirst's Comment

Written on: 06/05/2014

I tried to discuss this with you when I wrote to you 3 times and you ignored my letters. Lets not pretend you want to help, you have my money and thats all your company want

“Disgrace!”

Written on: 13/04/2014 by Adairzz363 (1 review written)

Joined a platinum branch back in 2012, and from the outset was disappointed...only found ONE instructor who I liked, and he was based at a branch that wasn't my 'home club'. Had to freeze my membership later in the year as I moved away for the summer season. Reinstated upon my return, but it was inconvenient for me to attend my homeclub, as I now lived and worked in a different area. I started using my local gym, which was a Black Label, which unfortunately meant upgrading to a more… Read Full Review

Written on: 01/05/2014

Really sorry to read about this! Please contact us via the website so we can discuss this and help. Thanks

Fitness First

“Change membership fees without notifying”

Written on: 07/04/2014 by Derick454 (1 review written)

I have been member of a Fitness First Tottenham Court Road for several years. Yesterday I noticed that they had charged me 63% higher fee than what I have had for all my membership time without notifying me in advance. They had a refurbishment a while a go and justify the increase in membership amounts with this. During the refurbishment the gym was severely affected and was not offering all services, but at no point they offered compensation for this. But instead are now overcharging all… Read Full Review

Written on: 01/05/2014

Sounds like you didn't receive our letter notifying members. Please feel free to contact us via the website so we can discuss this and help. Thanks

Chunkylafunga's Comment

Written on: 06/05/2014

Totally agree with you. I go to the Holborn Club which was a bomb site during the refurbishment and frankly dangerous. My reward for putting up with the mess which went on for months is to have my membership increased.

Only used FF because of being able to use a local club at the weekend which has now been closed.

Been with them for years but enough is enough and cancelling.

“Rubbish ”

Written on: 02/04/2014 by Barren250 (1 review written)

This is a terrible gym and company overall, I would not recommend anyone to use this gym. I paid for a 'one-month' membership unknowingly that it is actually a roaming contact, which is intentionally made unclear to rob people. The one month membership itself is extremely overpriced with regards to the gym facilities. I was charged for months after the 'one month membership' and am now being repeatedly contacted by a debt collection company; C.A.R.S. This company expects me to pay for something… Read Full Review

Written on: 01/05/2014

Please feel free to contact us via the website if you'd like to discuss this. We'd like to help! Thanks

“Body attack”

Written on: 25/03/2014 by Sal6165 (1 review written)

I have just moved to fitness first with my partner last month from Goodlife gym.My initial impression was that FF having such strong network would have an amazing range of classes.very disappointed as there is not even one body attack at 6am or even weekend.the two classes they have is 9am weekday-when you are at work or 6:45pm another day which is too late..it is most upcoming and most popular class .I have already given feedback to add at least 2 classes one any weekday at 6am or weekend at 9… Read Full Review

Fitnessfirst's Response to Sal6165's Review

Written on: 01/05/2014

We'd like to help! Please contact us via the website so we can get some further info and help. Thanks.

Fitness First

“Used to be good, but the Freestyle concept made me leave”

Written on: 24/03/2014 by WayneTierney (1 review written)

I have been a member for many, many years: Broadgate Circle, Angel, QVS and Paternoster Square. It started to get a bit shonky with the changing rooms: the floor at Queen Victoria Street getting a rather wonderful sticky 'Velcro' effect as they did not seem to get cleaned so often, the water fountains never worked properly and the showers smelled somewhat agricultural. It was however, not bad enough to want to leave: this was a well specced gym. Then came the 'Freestyle' concept: a very… Read Full Review

Written on: 01/05/2014

Sorry to hear about your experience! We would love to chat with you about this and help with any confusion. Please contact us via the website if you'd like to talk. Thanks

Fitness First

“Fitness first cottons London bridge”

Written on: 23/03/2014 by Grantjames1965 (1 review written)

This is an awful gym, the staff are rude, the personal trainers surly with terrible attitude, the customers are treated with contempt. The facilities are dirty and equipment is often broken. Go to 37 degrees near tower bridge or anywhere else but here. You have been warned… Read Full Review

Fitnessfirst's Response to Grantjames1965's Review

Written on: 01/05/2014

Sorry to hear about your experience. If you'd like to discuss anything please contact us via the website. Thanks

Fitness First

“Pay more some where better. ”

Written on: 20/03/2014 by Asheber (1 review written)

Very dirty, very disparate male members and trainers running after a white woman. I would never recommend anyone if you have any other gym choice. They don't have enough machines and weights you have to fight with a Brixton gang body builders who have the worst attitude I have ever seen… Read Full Review

Fitnessfirst's Response to Asheber's Review

Written on: 20/03/2014

We hate to read this kind of feedback! Please contact us via the website so we can help. Thanks

Fitness First

“C.A.R.S. - urgently call Brenda Miller ”

Written on: 11/03/2014 by AdrianChristian347 (1 review written)

I recently cancelled my membership with Fitness First. A Month or so later I am receiving various text messages and voice mails (all sent late at night) from a company called C.A.R.S. telling me to call a person urgently. Not knowing who or what this company was I googled it, only to find out that they are a debt collection agency who was sold my personal details by Fitness First. The calls are from intimidating voices demanding to know personal details. I have now contacted Fitness First and… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/03/2014

We're sorry if there has been any confusion. You can contact us through the website if you'd like to discuss this. Thanks

Fitness First

“DO NOT JOIN FITNESS FIRST!!”

Written on: 01/03/2014 by Kyler1953 (1 review written)

I was a member of fitness first in clap man for a year and this morning received a letter telling my as of the 1st April my membership fee will be going up by a whopping 25%!!!! I get no say in this matter and they've conveniently sent the letter to arrive on the 1st March not allowing me my contracted 'calendar month' notice to cancel! I have researched if this is even legal and found that they did the exact same thing in 2011! It's an utter disgrace that they can change the amount of your… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/03/2014

This doesn't sound right at all. We'd really like to help! Can you please contact us through the website so we can look into this. Thanks

“fit for an argument”

Written on: 28/02/2014 by Elii493 (1 review written)

The monthly membership, as described by the basingstoke branch. I was told by staff to cancel anytime before the first of the month and cancellation was immediate. I asked this question repeatedly as it was important to me as i move around regularly due to work. It cannot be cancelled at this notice- 1 callendar month is needed!… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/03/2014

We'd be happy to discuss this with you to clarify and help. Please contact us through the website.