Erde Trailers Reviews

Media Gallery for Erde Trailers

Erde Trailers
Erde Trailers

“After sales BAD”

Written on: 04/06/2014 by Tampon (1 review written)

My trailer has developed an electric fault you have to phone a Mobil number for help and all that they do is try and sell you parts instead of how to fix there is know where to get repairs on warranty wilstow ltd bad service bad help line poor customer relations… Read Full Review

“I have had an Erde 122 trailer for 3 years. ”

Written on: 23/08/2010 by snowman10 (1 review written)

I have had an Erde 122 trailer for 3 years.
Its light and well made,I use it for all sorts of things,when I am not using it it is at the back of my garage with all the camping gear safe inside.
I looked at the lockable lid today, but it was over £200 wich put me of so I will continue with the pull over cover and ties.
If I had a small grouse,its I have not found a way to reverse.
As it always jackknifes , due to length of the tow bar.
So it will damage your rear end if you do note stop soon… Read Full Review

“from the lake district to france and back with camping...”

Written on: 06/07/2010

from the lake district to france and back with camping gear in no problem atall over 600 miles maybe the sides can be made a bit deaper… Read Full Review

“well i have an Erde Trailer 122 and cannot find any...”

Written on: 24/06/2009

well i have an Erde Trailer 122 and cannot find any fault's what so ever i have the abs top which makes much more space and lock's your stuff up… Read Full Review

“Great little trailer + abs lid which you can lock up +...”

Written on: 15/06/2009 by R HAMMOND (1 review written)

Great little trailer + abs lid which you can lock up + gives you double the space. Erde Trailer tows well, no wondering… Read Full Review

“I have had my erde 122 for about 3 years now. It has...”

Written on: 06/06/2009 by onbluehorses (1 review written)

I have had my erde 122 for about 3 years now. It has been regularly used both on short trips to the tip and long ones across the UK and has never given me any problems. I would recommend it to anybody… Read Full Review

“Excellent little trailer at a good price very sturdy...”

Written on: 16/07/2008 by Biosleuth (1 review written)

Excellent little trailer at a good price very sturdy and great for saving the car from damage. Tows well at proper speeds and is easy to handle for attachment to car. Overall it is a good trailer for extending the cars versitility… Read Full Review

“Bought a 751 bike trailer (set up for a Quad bike)...”

Written on: 11/03/2008

Bought a 751 bike trailer (set up for a Quad bike) around 12 months ago and it's been an excellent trailer. I was that impressed with not only the 751 but the whole range that I bought a distributorship in Australia where the locally built trailers are not in the same league… Read Full Review

“The best trailer I have ever owned. Have a 233...”

Written on: 18/02/2008 by hill1 (1 review written)

The best trailer I have ever owned. Have a 233 Erde. Light weight. Good carrying capacity, tows well with no swaying even fully loaded at high speeds. Does not rust and looks good… Read Full Review

“I have just read reviews left by others, I have an...”

Written on: 16/10/2007 by maltins (1 review written)

I have just read reviews left by others, I have an Erde 122 Trailer. I love this trailer, it's great and would not want to be without it. Mine has not done much work, but wheel bearings on one wheel were rumbling. I stripped them to find they were marked with: 6202z and 6004z. I went on the web found them at simplybearings.co.uk and received a set for £8.56, which is obviously cheap compared to the review from a scotland reviewer… Read Full Review

Malcolm1's Response to maltins's Review

Written on: 26/04/2008

I found this review helpful because...i too needed some bearings for my 122 thankyou you saved me a fortune.

“Just the job for garden rubbish and recycling. Light...”

Written on: 06/09/2007 by Baldogle (1 review written)

Just the job for garden rubbish and recycling. Light and easy to couple/decouple in tight corners. Altogether the ideal solution for the gardener and DIY man. Better than smelling up the car boot… Read Full Review

“Purchased to transport a huge Snap-on tool box on a...”

Written on: 09/04/2007 by Stevie01 (1 review written)

Purchased to transport a huge Snap-on tool box on a 200 mile journey (actually overloaded the trailer slightly but not a problem for this little beast).
Used for general transportation since including numerous trips to the tip with houshold and garden waste. Several trips weighed down with gravel when landscaping my garden (pretty sure it was overloaded then as well).
Generally an excellent little trailer having never given me any problems whatsoever. I sold mine as I was due to emigrate but… Read Full Review

“This is a PM310/IR single motorcycle trailer. Have...”

Written on: 18/08/2006 by DaveBe (1 review written)

This is a PM310/IR single motorcycle trailer. Have just returned from France where we covered 2200 miles. Gilera scooter of 132kg towed and unloaded/loaded about 12 times. Towed very well at speeds up to 70mph with NO snaking whatsoever. Was really impressed with the trailer and would take it anywhere.Also light and easy to manoeuvre. Nice one Erde!… Read Full Review

“The Erde is an excellent trailer , surprised that...”

Written on: 05/09/2005 by David Ball (1 review written)

The Erde is an excellent trailer , surprised that other people have found faults… Read Full Review

“I live in Scotland and I can guarantee it is rust...”

Written on: 26/07/2005 by scottishsaddler (1 review written)

I live in Scotland and I can guarantee it is rust proof apart from the back hinges. I frequently overload it and pay the price by having to replace the wheel bearings @ £32 a set. It takes less than an hour to replace both. I have several transporting trailers and "eddie" erde, pound for pound, works the hardest and gives the best return for my business… Read Full Review

208561_Frank Gillespie's Response to 203452_scottishsaddler's Review

Written on: 01/09/2005

Bearings of very suspect quality. Wheel came off completely from less than 2 year old trailer. Luckily stationary @ time.
<br>Trailer not overloaded. These trailers are not strong enough for average duties. They are not safe enough to be towed at the legal limit if the wheels are not guaranteed to be secure, ie. they can literally drop off. I was just about to set off onto the M6 when the wheel came off.

☆☆☆☆☆

“Very unhappy with the Erde trailor, it has done little...”

Written on: 17/10/2004 by thomas7 (1 review written)

Very unhappy with the Erde trailor, it has done little work, yet has all these problems.
Contacted Halfords where I purchased it from and got vertually fobbed off. I am going to have an engineers report carried out by a proffesional body. Watch this space… Read Full Review

Ssimpson's Response to thomas7's Review

Written on: 02/02/2005

I'd just like to thank the author of this review. I was just about to buy one of these. Guess what - I won't be now.
<br>
<br>I hope the Caddy Trailer is better than the Erde, eh....
<br>Scott Simpson

Pete1459's Response to thomas7's Review

Written on: 13/10/2006

I am looking to buy an ERDE trailer in France
<br/>does anyone have any helpful information please.

John Clay's Response to thomas7's Review

Written on: 22/08/2005

I was recently on holiday in France and spoke to a chap from the UK who has an ERDE 122 with ABS Cover, which he also used for carrying four bikes on load bars. He was very happy with his trailer, saying that it tows well and has given him untroubled service.

Ssimpson's Response to thomas7's Review

Written on: 19/05/2005

Onya Dave, I have not had the experience of bending sides on the Caddy. I have had it full of various items to the brim, using caddy cover and all is well. I do intend using it for heavier work in the future. I have used it for medium weight rubbish for the tip with no problems. I do admit the side fasteners could be a chunkier, so normal ropes can be used more easily.
<br>Scott Simpson

193243_Squash's Response to thomas7's Review

Written on: 14/05/2005

I bought an Erde 122 trailer 12 months ago and have towed it about 20 times, including a round trip of 400 miles loaded to the legal weight limit.
Apart from that, I use it mostly for garden rubbish and collecting paving slabs etc.
I have had no problems and it is still like new.

190016_Jadorefrance's Response to thomas7's Review

Written on: 20/04/2005

Well I can assure anyone that the caddy range are not in the same class as Erde,sides bend when you look at them,very flimsy,in my opinion not a good buy.Dave Pritchard