Webfusion - www.webfusion.co.uk Reviews

Webfusion - www.webfusion.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Webfusion - www.webfusion.co.uk

Webfusion - www.webfusion.co.uk

“STAY WELL CLEAR!!!”

Written on: 16/04/2015 by UnhappyCustomerWebfusion123 (1 review written)

We have decided not to renew our web domain and have discovered that Webfusion are impossible to contact! They have no email address!!! The 0345 costs a fortune to call and no one answers earning them a fortune no doubt. The password reset email doesn't work and continually says the link has expired despite me clicking it within 5 seconds of receiving the reset email! So with me not being able to cancel my renewal, the money was automatically taken from my account! I have had to open a dispute… Read Full Review

“Terrible, part time support and prone to basic mistakes!”

Written on: 23/01/2015 by Rash999 (3 reviews written)

I've used Webfusion (and there sister company 123-reg) for over 10 years, but the service has gone massively downhill lately. Problems I've had include: -Part time ticket based support, don't believe the support opening times, it is Mon to Fri, 9 to 5 at best (normally if you post a query after 1pm it won't be answered till next working day.....If your lucky!). -Misinformation, not deliberate but I have been given the totally wrong info on several occasions (one piece of incorrect info led… Read Full Review

“Dreadful”

Written on: 03/11/2014 by Beachyt48 (1 review written)

We have 2 dedicated servers with Webfusion and the basics are okay however ongoing support is dreadful. Don't bother asking for support on a Sunday or anytime out of normal hours as hardly anyone is working. 1st line support is poor and is generally there to fend customers off. There is no active server monitoring so if your server goes offline you'll have to tell them as they won't know!… Read Full Review

“Support when you need it - what a joke!”

Written on: 22/04/2014 by 211Pollock (1 review written)

Why is WebFusion allowed to make a claim that as a customer - you can get support when you need it - when I cannot get any help at all over a weekend? When I joined Webfusion back in 2005 I could speak to Technical support late in to the night and on the weekends - but without warning they have changed their support to me and other customers. In the past I have recommended Webfusion to business associates and I know for a fact of three other Websites with Webfusion following my advice. Now… Read Full Review

Webfusiononline's Comment

Written on: 22/04/2014

Good Afternoon, my name is Daniel I work here at Webfusion.

I Have come across your post and would like to investigate into this.

I would like to help look into this further for you, if you could send me across details such as your Domain/Customer number by email, I will look into this further for you.

Daniel

Rash999's Comment

Written on: 24/01/2015

Yep, exactly the same problem for me. The service (especially the support) has gone massively downhill!

If you have a problem on a Friday afternoon (even if it's caused by Webfusion), you are very unlikely to get it resolved until Monday morning.
I don't know how they can advertise 24/7/365 support when it's obviously only 9 to 4, Mon to Fri?

“False advertising: No 24/7 support available.”

Written on: 02/02/2014 by fxt84 (1 review written)

I've been a customer at webfusion and their sister company 123reg for 8 years; over that time I've experienced terrible customer service. They advertise 24/7 support, when in fact there is no active telephone line for customers reach them on after 5pm mon-friday (should your website go down on a weekend, they have a voicemail system which no one will respond to until 9am Monday), and their web ticket system is badly manned, with unhelpful support agents who are unable to solve issues, and… Read Full Review

Webfusiononline's Response to fxt84's Review

Written on: 03/02/2014

Good Morning, my name is Karra, I work here at Webfusion.

Having read your review I can see that you have not been satisfied with the level of support and service you have received from our companies. I would be very keen to look into your account in more detail to allow me to investigate fully the support and look for areas where improvements could be made.
In regards to telephone support, line opening times do vary depending on the team you wish to speak to. The earliest our lines close, for account, queries is 5:30pm, technical support lines close at different times, which vary according to the team you need to speak to. In addition to telephone support there are other support methods available, such as our ticket systems available on both 123-reg and Webfusion and live chat support for 123-reg queries.
I would like to assist you further on this, if you would like me to could you please confirm a ticket ID.

Karra

Karra

Written on: 03/02/2014

Hi Karra, I have emailed you with account details & Ticket ID. I have yet to receive a response.

One of the reasons I am so disappointed is because when I originally signed up to webfusion 24/7 support was offered - and it's still being advertised on the front page of your website; along with reliability; scaleability and flexibility.. but none of which seem to actually apply in my case. Your engineers are unable to solve issues - blaming it on other engineers, they're not even able to bring my complaint to the attention of a supervisor! "this is not possible"... for a company supplying web hosting for businesses it is simply not acceptable to only respond to complaints when they are submitted on third party websites.

Written on: 06/02/2014

Hi Karra, as I said in my response on 03/02 - I have sent you an email. I have not received any response 3 days later. Obviously you invest more attention to dealing with complaints on third party websites than direct contact from existing customers. Despite 7 requests - no one has contacted me via phone to discuss or rectify the issues I've experienced. Disgraceful customer service.

Webfusiononline's reply to Fxt84's Comment

Written on: 10/02/2014

Hi,

Apologies I'm not sure which email address you have sent this to, but unfortunately I have not received this email.

Could you confirm a Ticket ID for me to search your account with to allow me to investigate this further for you.

Kind Regards

Written on: 10/02/2014

Emailed webfusion - Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2014 13:37:47 +0000 as per your request following my review on trust pilot. I can send you a screenshot of the sent email if you'd like!

My emails are hosted on your system and sent through webfusion servers! But given the apparent instability of the servers, and the frequency with which inexplicable errors occur on the email system, perhaps your engineers have managed to delete incoming mail? Or perhaps the email address is was given here: [removed] doesn't in fact work? When I requested that the engineers refer my complaint to a supervisor or someone in the 'customer service' department, I was told this is simply not possible.

All in, incredible disappointed with webfusion. Despite multiple requests for someone to contact me by phone when the original issue occcured, no one has bothered. No response to a complaint made 7 days ago - save your comments on third party website. Obviously there are more staff hours put into damage control on review sites than there are dealing with concerns registered through the available internal channels for existing customers. As I've realised that you're evidently unable to cater to the needs of a small business I'm now in the position of having to spend a great deal of time migrating a huge amount of data to a reliable web host in order to protect my business from further failings by your company. This has caused me a great deal of unnecessary stress and wasted work hours, not to mention website and email downtime and the subsequent loss of business costs and damages, because of the incompetence & disinterest of your customer service department.

“Worst business decision I have ever made! ”

Written on: 10/05/2011

Worst business decision I have ever made!

Initially I was impressed with Webfusion's ability to have a server available and ready to use within 24 hours of placing the order. Unfortunately this is where my positive feelings towards Webfusion end. In the 10 months we have had the server it has gone down 8 times. The Support team are often slow to respond and on occasion told us that nothing can be done until the following day. Worst case was a total downtime of 20 hours.

Do yourself a favour… Read Full Review

“Excellent customer service. Always prompt responding...”

Written on: 07/05/2011

Excellent customer service. Always prompt responding to any questions/problems.
Highly reccommended… Read Full Review

“Have been a good customer of xcalibre for years never...”

Written on: 28/04/2011

Have been a good customer of xcalibre for years never had any trouble now since webfusion take over all manner of unexplained billing - stopping of email accounts at no notice for going over 20gb in a week usage even with a business package asked to explain no response for days then a mail stating I could upgrade the package - strange this happens when they have just taken years hosting money - A truly awful company to deal with no customer support then have no technical idea. Will be shutting… Read Full Review

Webfusiononline's Comment

Written on: 28/04/2011

Hi
<br/>
<br/>I work on behalf on Webfusion.
<br/>
<br/>Sorry to hear that you have had such a bad experience in regards to email accounts and general technical support.
<br/>
<br/>I would be interested in hearing from you in order to gain further feedback on the issues you have faced, perhaps I can even resolve any outstanding queries.
<br/>
<br/>Please email me at ricky@webfusion.com
<br/>Regards,
<br/>Ricky

“A poor Poor webhost do not sign up with these cowboys!...”

Written on: 26/04/2011

A poor Poor webhost do not sign up with these cowboys! in 4 months in with my new vps. So far they have over charged my bank every month!, taking double payments. When you phone up to get it sorted...They make it sound like its your fault they don,t give a sh*t!! Really bad company, i have 9 months left on my contract..

Just wished i could find a way out as still they F**k up every month

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!… Read Full Review

“Webfusion = disgusting customer service ”

Written on: 19/04/2011 by serviceteam (1 review written)

Webfusion = disgusting customer service

Yes, another bad review for Webfusion. Disgraceful customer service. Account billing have a surly man called John. The orginal argumentitive no-mark.

Anyway, their internal systems are clunky and old fashioned. It is not flexible in any way and means it takes hours to get the smallest thing done - like setting up a domain.

the billing system is underhand and sneaky. You get spurious charges for not knowing how to use their ridivulous old fashioned… Read Full Review

“DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY - Absolutley appaling customer...”

Written on: 18/04/2011

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY - Absolutley appaling customer service. Their account system i believe is from the 1990's!!. Do not allow for auto billing on main account unless it auto bills for all domain renewals.

Of course you may not want to renew certain domains. So if you do not set it to auto bill it does not take for the monthly account and if they do not receive payment within 10 days (nightmare if you are out of the country) they suspend your account. Take down all websites and stop emails… Read Full Review

“I only chose the one star option because there isn't a...”

Written on: 14/04/2011

I only chose the one star option because there isn't a zero star option.

Their billing support is appalling. We have been kept on a much higher "Legacy" reseller package when their new packages were much cheaper. So when they issued an invoice for 40% more than what I felt we should be paying I raised a support query with them. A few days later, while this query is still open with discussion going backwards and forwards with them they decided to suspend our account and pass the issue onto… Read Full Review

“I had no read any reviews prior to using webfusion, so...”

Written on: 31/03/2011

I had no read any reviews prior to using webfusion, so this is from personal experience. I signed up for a VPS with them, and I thought I had paid for a month on a top up credit card. Anyway several months later and that card is empty, and I have all but forgotton my webfusion VPS. I receive no emails from them about over due payments, and assume it has been shutdown due to non payment or whatever.

Fast forward about a year, I have suddenly received letters from a debt collection agency… Read Full Review

“Avoid Webfusion hosting. I cancelled my hosting and...”

Written on: 25/03/2011

Avoid Webfusion hosting. I cancelled my hosting and deleted all the files 27 days before my contract ran out. They insist I pay £70 for a year as the cut off is 28 days. In any face to face business such intransigence would be absurd. They are now wasting their money recovering the money through a debt collection agency. This inflexibility is insulting… Read Full Review

“I have literally been driven to tears by this company....”

Written on: 17/03/2011

I have literally been driven to tears by this company. Like others, I am a small-time reseller with 20 or so clients. I used to be with XCalibre, who were great, but Webfusion took over. I honestly can't believe that they are ALLOWED to operate this badly. I repeatedly ask them to remove my credit card details from their system but they KEEP renewing domains when I want them to expire. There is no easy way to manage domains. Their invoices don't tell you what they are for, so you have to phone… Read Full Review

“Looking through, I see a lot of negative reviews...”

Written on: 10/03/2011

Looking through, I see a lot of negative reviews relating to webfusion support. Even after reading the reviews I decided to purchase a VPS anyway. The quality of VPS for the price is easily the best I've found when looking for a new VPS, significantly more RAM and HDD space than other hosts.

So to support. I am a server administrator so already have an understanding of much of what I would need to do to resolve most problems. However, Webfusion provide the Plesk control panel for free on a VPS… Read Full Review

“Easily the worst webhost I've ever dealt with. Miles...”

Written on: 09/03/2011

Easily the worst webhost I've ever dealt with. Miles behind any competition such as GoDaddy for features and support, and their pricing is pretty terrible too. Their support was shockingly bad and Control Panel very underpowered. Their server configuration seemed to be a bit off to, transferring an existing Drupal installation to their server was a lot more involved then usual. Every time we wanted to change our hosting plan or domain name they said we'd have to cancel our account and start… Read Full Review

“Webfusion are dreadful, possibly the worst company I...”

Written on: 17/02/2011 by Douzeper (2 reviews written)

Webfusion are dreadful, possibly the worst company I have ever dealt with. I was with Xcalibre for years upon years, webfusion bought them over and things went from excellent to dreadfull.

Webfusion do not register your domain they register through another company, you have no control over your domains registered with them, my first problem arose when I wanted to point a second domain to my hosting, nope! you can't do that! I was told I could then I couldn't, then I could, then I… Read Full Review

Richardwinslow's Response to Douzeper's Review

Written on: 21/02/2011

Sorry that you have had problems with Webfusion. Regarding your account, if you can email me your details I will see what options are available, my email address is richard.winslow@webfusion.com
<br/>Thank you.

“Very good value for the VPS bought from webfusion....”

Written on: 21/01/2011

Very good value for the VPS bought from webfusion. Outstanding customer support provided by real professionals… Read Full Review

“I would advise anybody not to use Webfusion. The...”

Written on: 20/01/2011

I would advise anybody not to use Webfusion. The smallest of problems turned into a major problem as their so-called 24/7 support was completely incompetent and took ages to reply.

They completely ignored me when I asked to speak to a manager. Problem still ongoing, looking for alternative hosting to get out as soon as possible. I would give a -10 point star if i could, rubbish company, you have been warned!

Just google "webfusion rubbish."… Read Full Review

Richardwinslow's Comment

Written on: 27/01/2011

Hi there, sorry about that. Can you send me your issues, I am a manager within the team and would like to help.
<br/>My email address is richard.winslow@123-reg.co.uk
<br/>
<br/>The process within the support team is that if a customer asks for a manager, then if a manager is available they are passed through, if a manager is not available a 2nd level support team member will try to help, and we can also offer call backs to customers if this all fails.
<br/>Richard.