Glamour Reviews

Glamour - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Glamour

Glamour

“You get a lot for the price compared to other monthly...”

Written on: 05/11/2010 by jennikitten (2 reviews written)

You get a lot for the price compared to other monthly magazines. I quite enjoy the articles and every piece is well-written. There aren't too many adverts either.

However, sometimes I find that there is too much of a focus on their stereotypical reader; the single career girl in London, which I find hard to identify with. It's also annoying that many of the features, guides and services are London-only… Read Full Review

“It can irk me sometimes with its whole idea about what...”

Written on: 26/09/2006 by ALexmonkey (1 review written)

It can irk me sometimes with its whole idea about what normal women can afford, and that everyday people all work in an office with a hot boss and get invited to lots of parties and have a huge salary. But there is still something about Glamour magazine that makes you want to buy this juicy little mag… Read Full Review

Newreviewqueen's Response to 261075_ALexmonkey's Review

Written on: 08/03/2010

I found this review very helpful because...
<br/>I had noticed that a lot of the amazing outfits were way out of my price bracket. Although I found the articles very interesting.
<br/>

“I buy GLAMOUR as soon as it hits the shelves, and...”

Written on: 02/09/2005 by chantelle306 (1 review written)

I buy GLAMOUR as soon as it hits the shelves, and being a subscriber to COSMOPOLITAN and ZEST, I am considering doing the same for this mag.
It is packed with beauty news like other magazines, but also has a serious side to its articles. Real life stories are told about terrorism, murder and drugs. Undercover investigations feature heavily, and they make Glamour an interesting read.
I would recommend this magazine to anyone who has a brain. As for the price, it is seriously good… Read Full Review

Missalison24's Response to chantelle306's Review

Written on: 03/07/2006

I agree with you - I also love Glamour - I buy it every month.

“This is a great little mag for reading, although some...”

Written on: 10/08/2005 by adamseve (8 reviews written)

This is a great little mag for reading, although some of the content may not appeal to some. This isn't a problem as the low price for the mag more then makes up for this. More often than not Glamour magazine runs deals with shops and hairdressers which offer the readers discounts. This is a great for those on a budget and can be a great read, although unlike it's cousins may not last as a read for long… Read Full Review

“I have subscribed to Glamour magazine for 2 years, but...”

Written on: 28/03/2004 by cam100 (3 reviews written)

I have subscribed to Glamour magazine for 2 years, but I'm fed up with all the irrelevant stuff! Aside from the fact that half the magazine is adverts are for Gucci and the like (I wish I could afford that stuff, but sadly I'm normal), it assumes that all its readers live in London and work in an office all day. Well, we don't! The fashion pages aren't even worth looking at unless you're on 50k plus a year, and it expects us all to afford luxury holidays every few months. Too elitist for me I'm… Read Full Review

Melb54321's Response to cam100's Review

Written on: 04/04/2004

I can understand that most people are normal, and don't earn 50k a year, but don't you think that reading fashion magazines and wishing you could afford these things in the magazines just takes your mind off the real world for a minute. I certainly can't afford most of the things in these magazines, and I wish I could, but I still enjoy reading them becasue it takes my mind off the stresses of daily life for a while....which is never bad.

Poshone's Response to cam100's Review

Written on: 28/07/2005

I have found Glamour to be a great read. Yes they do tend to cater for the higher income bracket and I would like to see more lower end priced products or recommended shops where they cater right across the board. I have found a website which does just that from Fendi right to High Street fashion and I would like to see more of those type of shops discussed and advertised in magazines like Glamour. I think more and more of us with what is going on in London etc would like to use the internet more and so useful recommendations from trusted mags would be great.
<br>
<br>Anyway I can recommend one site as being very good products and a reliable delivery etc which is www.XSRease.com They seem to cater for all prices and styles pretty much. Give it a look and lets see more online fashion stores in Glamour.

Cam100's Response to cam100's Review

Written on: 05/05/2004

Very good point, personally I look to mags for inspiration on what to buy in the real world, and was increasingly becoming fed up with the out of reach stuff!