Yamaha YAS 62 Reviews

• Appearance

Yamaha YAS 62 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Yamaha YAS 62

Yamaha YAS 62

“I have had my Yamaha saxophone for about 4 years now,...”

Written on: 02/09/2008

I have had my Yamaha saxophone for about 4 years now, and it is brilliant. It was my first reed instrument that then went on to 3 types of saxophone, and i have never wanted to change it for another instument. I play in a band called the Sticklebacks if you want to look it up, and if you look it up on youtube you can see me playing a saxophone with a fantastic sound. Generally, this sax is brilliant… Read Full Review

Yamaha YAS 62

“Very good intonation, good tone and technique. The...”

Written on: 09/06/2008

Very good intonation, good tone and technique. The Yamaha YAS 62 is best buy. Best combination between price and quality… Read Full Review

Yamaha YAS 62

“The Yamaha YAS 62 is easy to play, and shows off the...”

Written on: 10/01/2008

The Yamaha YAS 62 is easy to play, and shows off the players potential and capability. It has good sound quality, nice appearance, and I would recommend it… Read Full Review

Yamaha YAS 62

“I got my Yamaha YAS 62 in 2002 and I bought it from...”

Written on: 29/07/2005 by qpernukl (1 review written)

I got my Yamaha YAS 62 in 2002 and I bought it from saxophones.co.uk. It was the cheapest pro horn by far and I've dreamed of having one since I was a kid. The charactestic distinguishing feautuure of this horn is the bar (i don't know what it is technically called) that covers the Bb, B, C, and C# keys instead of skipping over the C key like on most horns. I think this is beautiful and makes the horn unique.

I think the Yamaha has a very free and bright sound from the lower to the upper. The… Read Full Review

Yamaha YAS 62

“I am an amateur, but I am in the prime of my...”

Written on: 18/05/2005 by vrivelle (1 review written)

I am an amateur, but I am in the prime of my (non-musical) career and finally have enough money that I could afford to upgrade to the Yamaha YAS 62 from from my Bundy student model. I got the YAS-62 because it is the last sax I will ever need -- it produces a nice sound and has good action, but is far less expensive than a Selmer. I am satisfied overall, but a little disappointed at how sharp the upper register is. I noticed it when I bought the horn and ascribed it to the fact that my old horn… Read Full Review

Rogerb40Uk's Response to vrivelle's Review

Written on: 29/08/2005

It seems a bit odd to give it 10, 10 & 9 for individual points & then 8/10 OVERALL !!
<br>
<br>The only stated complaint was about pitch, and yet it was given 10/10 for sound quality.

Vrivelle's Response to vrivelle's Review

Written on: 30/08/2005

I can't believe Roger has nothing better to do than complain about how many points someone gave for a feature in comparison to their verbal description of it, but since he raises the point, why not answer it? Perhaps someone more polite than Roger had the same view and would like to know. I gave the horn an 8 overall for the pitch problem. 8 is very, very good. I gave the horn 10 for "sound quality" because it has an AWESOME sound -- if you play a note, the note sounds AWESOME. The pitch problem in my mind is a CONSTRUCTION problem, not a problem with the quality of tone. Anyway, that was my interpretation. I am so devastatingly sorry that in this matter of grave importance I did not rise to meet Yamaha employee Roger's standards.

Yamaha YAS 62

“Amazing, it has a great tone and out of the 15...”

Written on: 27/03/2004 by qwerty123456 (1 review written)

Amazing, it has a great tone and out of the 15 different ALTO saxophones I've played the Yamaha YAS 62 is flying ahead in first place. I have played saxophones by Oddessy, Yaniswaga, and even Selmer! The Yamaha Yas-62 beats the lot. I have small, stubby fingers and Yamaha is a great make for easy to reach keys… Read Full Review