Toshiba RDX-S30 Reviews

Toshiba RDX-S30 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Toshiba RDX-S30

Toshiba RDX-S30

“The Toshiba RD-XS30 recorder gives excellent recording...”

Written on: 27/10/2004 by davegy (2 reviews written)

The Toshiba RD-XS30 recorder gives excellent recording quality, both to DVD media and directly to hard disc.

Basic operation is straight forward although the editing menus are complicated and you will need the instruction book close by. Some functions are not clearly explained.

My main problem with this recorder is it's inability to play many discs. I have access to 2 other recorders (Panasonic DMR-E20 & Pioneer DVR-3100) and one dvd player (Sharp DV-740) all of which will play most of the… Read Full Review

Toshiba RDX-S30

“I don't know about you but I get annoyed when after...”

Written on: 10/10/2004 by 321sshrah123 (2 reviews written)

I don't know about you but I get annoyed when after all their efforts companies still churn out R2 recorders. Don't they understand we are film fans and may import DVDs! Sorry, just letting off my frustration from when the Toshiba helpline said 'No kind of firmware upgrade exists to make the player multiregion and if it did it would make the warranty void'!!

DO NOT BUY!… Read Full Review

Toshiba RDX-S30

“If you're like me, and video tapes with post-it notes...”

Written on: 11/05/2004 by puffpod (2 reviews written)

If you're like me, and video tapes with post-it notes on are driving you mad, buy one of these RIGHT NOW !!

The Toshiba RD-XS30 DVD Recorder is an absolute godsend: set it to record with no messing around looking for space on tapes; find your recordings quickly and easily using the thumbnail views; delete them when your finished.

If you want to keep them, dump them to DVD-R - you can even edit out the irritating adverts.

Bit late with your supper but your program is starting? Set the thing… Read Full Review

Toshiba RDX-S30

“I received my Toshiba RD-XS30 DVD Recorder today and...”

Written on: 27/03/2004 by chemer (1 review written)

I received my Toshiba RD-XS30 DVD Recorder today and it is certainly well worth the money. I managed to aquire the machine for 478 pounds and that included virtually next day delivery. You could pay up to 600 pounds, so shop around.

Now to the machine. Mine came in Silver, but I am sure you can get a black finish one as well. It looks rather like the old Video Recorders. I like this as it makes it easy to record programs without fiddling around with the remote. Also if you lose the remote… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/04/2004

I have a Toshiba RD-XS30 and I love it, too.
<br>It's so clever the way you can use timeslip to
<br>view a program before it's finished recording and
<br>then watch it right through to the end.
<br>
<br>I have recorded onto DVD-R's and then given them
<br>to my brother to watch on his DVD (non Toshiba)
<br>and they have worked fine. I think there's some
<br>compatability setting on the record menu.

Mairijim's Response to chemer's Review

Written on: 07/07/2004

Just purchased RD-XS-32 here in Canada [it is still in the box]
<br>I'm happy to read the glowing reports on the Toshiba, I will probably be writing to this link as there seems to be many Toshiba users who seem willing to share their knowledge and experience.
<br>MM

Maverick1On1's Response to chemer's Review

Written on: 30/06/2004

Note ....... Now available for only £389 from "digital-point.co.uk" with FREE P&P + A FREE 1.5mtr Scart lead ........ Bargain.
<br>Must be the JOCK in me ...... I love a Bargain

Puffpod's Response to chemer's Review

Written on: 11/05/2004

Bit off the mark with the bit about the manual saying to use the HDD only sparingly.
<br>I've just checked mine, and it merely tells you to not store cherished recordings long term on the HDD without a back-up. (Standard HD advice)
<br>
<br>It goes on to say the HDD is specifically designed for regular recording and deleting when watched.

Written on: 25/04/2004

o.k.
<br>The only thing that I can see in the 'setup' screens which might make a difference is under 'DVD/HDD recorder operation'. There's an
<br>option there for DVD-R compatible. I have mine set
<br>to 'MODE I'
<br>Hope this helps

Written on: 19/04/2004

With the DVD-R's which I've recorded and given to my brother to play on his non-Toshiba DVD, I didn't actually record directly to them, I recorded onto the HDD and then used DUB to copy to the DVD-R.
<br>I'll check when I get home to see if there's some setting you need to change. In the menus there's some 'compatibility' option which needs to be changed to make it default to DVD-R compatible.

Jenuk's Response to chemer's Review

Written on: 18/04/2004

Useful detailed review. I'm just choosing (Toshiba <> Panasonic). The Toshiba can be found in UK for £445 now, via Kelkoo. At least there are a few hard drive machines at long last to choose from!

Chemer's Response to chemer's Review

Written on: 14/04/2004

I would be interested to know how you can get the dvd-rs to work on other machines. I am recording episodes of Charmed and would love to know how this can be achieved.
<br>Steve