Pentax 10x50 XCF Reviews

• Visual Clarity

Pentax 10x50 XCF - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Pentax 10x50 XCF

“Plastic threads”

Written on: 27/02/2013 by pentaxsucks (1 review written)

the front lens attaches to the main body via plastic threads that will break with the slightest impact - mine slipped off of my bag and fell 8 inches and Pentax would not cover this under warranty and their repair price was $45 so I choose to spend that money on a new pair that might last the 30-40 years of my previous pair… Read Full Review

“Spot on binocular...”

Written on: 26/11/2012 by ampmaestro (19 reviews written)

I'm tempted to award 5/5 but I have to be realistic, nothings perfect. These Pentax 10x50's are very close to it though, for my requirements. I originally went to the shop to buy another brand 20x60's for long range observation and its image, while not top notch, was OK. I was ready to buy them but while I was waiting, I looked through the Pentax XCF 10x50 and I was quite blown away by its crisp, sharp image. The 20x60's had a larger zoom and quite an up close view of anything but the Pentax's… Read Full Review

Pentax 10x50 XCF

“I have seen reviews for this particular 12x50 XCF....”

Written on: 21/04/2010 by jawaid1968 (1 review written)

I have seen reviews for this particular 12x50 XCF. Firstly, I would say that PENTAX do not advertise their product instead, It sells itself.

I am in the Astronomy and Pentax optics come in the top 5 best optics. it uses BK4 and over size prism, FMC, over 95 light transmission, FOV fully illuminated, very good Eye relief and the prism is also FMC to eliminate ghosting as well as more contrast.

Keep in mind when using in day time you can hand hold it for a long period of time but when using for… Read Full Review

Jawaid1968's Response to jawaid1968's Review

Written on: 21/04/2010

will rate 9.5 out of 10.0 and highly recommended.

Pentax 10x50 XCF

“I really like the quality of the image and the fact...”

Written on: 24/04/2008 by petethebloke (3 reviews written)

I really like the quality of the image and the fact that I can use them so easily with my glasses on. I bought Nikon roof-prism binoculars with a view to selling these ones on, but ended up keeping both because the Nikons are hard to use with my specs… Read Full Review

Willlopez's Response to petethebloke's Review

Written on: 19/04/2013

Since I was 20 I have been using Pentax so I can tell that this brand is well know for its good quality pictures.

Pentax 10x50 XCF

“Light weight, good optics (12x50) although the Pentax...”

Written on: 19/02/2008 by prcampbell (1 review written)

Light weight, good optics (12x50) although the Pentax has a stupid tripod adapter that costs as much - not really, about half the price, focus is hard when they get cold. Overall it is not bad, wish I'd spent a bit more and got Olympus… Read Full Review

Pentax 10x50 XCF

“The Pentax 10x50 XCF were the worst binoculars ever!...”

Written on: 24/08/2006 by Nekonin3 (15 reviews written)

The Pentax 10x50 XCF were the worst binoculars ever! Whenever I stared into them, my eyes started hurting! They break easily too! I had to get them mended once just because I accidentally dropped them! I seriously don't recommend these binoculars to anyone. The only thing they're good for is that they have an alright zooming range, as long as you don't look into it for too long… Read Full Review

Mhb's Response to Nekonin3's Review

Written on: 13/07/2010

A silly and unhelpful review. They aren't zoom binoculars anyway (the only supposed feature that the writer approves). No binocular is going to "hurt his eyes" the moment he looks into them: mendacious imagination at work here. What's more, if you drop any camera, binocular, telescope, even pair of spectacles, you stand a pretty good chance of breaking them.
<br/>

Ampmaestro's Response to Nekonin3's Review

Written on: 26/11/2012

I think this review is poorly shaped and really serves to tell you more about the owner rather than the product, and how incapable he/she is of being able to use even a simple device like a binocular. Of course dropping them could damage them. Where have you been living - in a cave? Don't blame the binocular, blame yourself for dropping them. They also are "NOT" zoom binoculars. They have one set power - 10x,, hence 10x50. The 50 is the size of the objective (front) lens in millimeters - 50mm... I use mine for up to 2 hrs at a time with no eye strain, headaches etc etc. Maybe you just need to set them up "properly"...

Guest's Response to Nekonin3's Review

Written on: 14/06/2012

Eye strain usually means the collimation is out - that is, the left side isn't pointing in quite the same direction as the right side. There are ways to check this, and if the collimation is severely out then that's a fault and the seller should exchange the binoculars.

Guest's Response to Nekonin3's Review

Written on: 22/07/2011

"..I had to get them mended once just because I accidentally dropped them!..." I crashed my Ford last week, I thought it was my fault! now I know to blame the manufacturer