Vauxhall VX220 2.2i Reviews

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

Vauxhall VX220 2.2i - Ask a question now

“My husband has a Mitsubishi Evolution, sorry guys but...”

Written on: 11/06/2007 by michelevx220 (1 review written)

My husband has a Mitsubishi Evolution, sorry guys but wouldn't swap the vx220 for the world! The Evo is a rough ride and is in my opinion a heap, very expensive, goes wrong all the time, but then boys have to be boys!… Read Full Review

“I've owned my Vauxhall VX220 2.2i for nearly 3 years...”

Written on: 04/09/2006 by NightFire79 (1 review written)

I've owned my Vauxhall VX220 2.2i for nearly 3 years and when I first bought it, the feeling I got when putting the pedal to the metal has yet to be beaten. I loved it to bits. Fast accelerating and braking means that I've replaced the tyres brake discs and pads more times than I've ever had to with any other car but you expect this when driving a true sports car.

Everything was great with the VX220 for 2 years especially in summer with the roof off and the wind in my hair, but the grim… Read Full Review

“I loved my Vauxhall VX220 2.2i, and unlike many it...”

Written on: 28/07/2005 by hugodrax (1 review written)

I loved my Vauxhall VX220 2.2i, and unlike many it never leaked or broke down. However, it had problems! These were mainly brought about by the incompetent dealer servicing. My car went in with a heater switch which wasn't working, and without going into the ghastly details, came back with the added benefits of a broken windscreen, a flat tyre, and the original problem unfixed.
That aside, it's a full on sports car for relatively little money, and if that's what you want, you can't get more… Read Full Review

“They stopped the production of the Vauxhall VX220 2.2i...”

Written on: 21/07/2005 by tebcrot (1 review written)

They stopped the production of the Vauxhall VX220 2.2i Sports Car earlier this month, so you can now only buy it second-hand.

Any search engine will point you to the VX220 forum which is full of drivers suffering engine control unit problems after a year of ownership. Vauxhall are well known for producing reliable engines, unfortunately their electronics are not so robust. The rear mounted engine is exposed through a grill inviting rain and snow to get into the wires and the engine. With no… Read Full Review

Huntsman's Response to tebcrot's Review

Written on: 01/08/2005

Sorry you've had a poor experience, particularly from passers-by which seems to be completely at odds with my experiences and that of fellow owners club members. Most people love the car, and you don't have to rise to the boy-racer's bait.
<br>
<br>A few owner-modified engines have had AMM problems, but you can't really blame the car for that! The majority (myself included) have had no reliability issues whatsoever.
<br>
<br>Have to agree on the dealer comments, though...

“The Vauxhall VX220 is a stunning car - by far the most...”

Written on: 26/03/2004 by Huntsman (1 review written)

The Vauxhall VX220 is a stunning car - by far the most rewarding drive I've ever owned. Reaction from onlookers is great, as most don't know what it is. 0-60 in 5 seconds is perfectly adequate for me… Read Full Review