Daisy 747 Reviews

Daisy 747 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Daisy 747

Daisy 747
Daisy 747

“All in all, a very nice weapon. I shot thousands of...”

Written on: 04/07/2008 by Target Practice Guy (1 review written)

All in all, a very nice weapon. I shot thousands of rounds through this pistol back in the early 1990s. It has been stored in the basement for quite a few years. Now I have it out and am beginning to enjoy it again. I entered some postal matches using this pistol and placed or won a couple of times… Read Full Review

“I finally bought this because I'd read on-line raves...”

Written on: 06/06/2008 by dennis595 (4 reviews written)

I finally bought this because I'd read on-line raves about the great trigger and the accuracy. They're right.
I adjusted the trigger back to the point where just a smooth, short, easy pull causes it to shoot. I'm not a marksman but I can put thirty shots in a two inch area from twenty or twenty five feet away. If I was patient, which I'm not, it could shoot very, very tight groupings. It's accuracy is very, very consistent.
The trigger is so smooth and easy I make it a point to never take off… Read Full Review

“The Daisy 747 is very nicely made, hefty, accurate air...”

Written on: 27/12/2007 by enthusiast (8 reviews written)

The Daisy 747 is very nicely made, hefty, accurate air pistol. It is very easy to load pellets and the metal bolt pushes the pellet properly into the breach. If it does not and it jams, it is easy to dig out the pellet and put a new one in. It is pneumatic which means there is not any recoil and when loading you do not have to worry about an accidental discharge which would smash your finger. It is very quiet and accurate. You can actually watch the pellets shoot to the target. With the… Read Full Review

Cgm205's Response to enthusiast's Review

Written on: 04/01/2008

I found this review helpful because I'm getting one and really wanted to know if the Walther barrel and the trigger were worth the difference over the 717. I will get the 747.

“The Daisy Avanti 747 Triumph is a very, very accurate,...”

Written on: 01/11/2006 by Milrose (4 reviews written)

The Daisy Avanti 747 Triumph is a very, very accurate, .177 caliber, "one-pump" pellet pistol, at a "street price," as of this writing, of $130 (U.S.). It is also very quiet which makes it a great choice for indoor use as well as in a back yard. It is definitely "barrel heavy" and not a good choice for children, unless they are adult size. Total weight is 2.91 pounds; the steel rifled barrel is 9.6" long; and overall length is 13.5". I received mine a few days ago and this is what I… Read Full Review

Girojohn's Response to Milrose's Review

Written on: 03/11/2006

Hi,
<br/>Very good, informative review about the Daisy 747 air pistol.
<br/>Thanks

Cgm205's Response to Milrose's Review

Written on: 04/01/2008

I found this review helpful because it also helped me to decide on getting the 747.

“We have 22 Daisy 747 pistols in our club. 12 older...”

Written on: 06/07/2006 by Overrev (4 reviews written)

We have 22 Daisy 747 pistols in our club. 12 older models that have been 1000's upon 1000's of pellets. We have purchased 10 new 747 pistols in the last year and they are terrible. Barrels are loose at the muzzle end. Had to wrap tape around the end that fits in to the front sight. Some have taken as many as 7 wrapes of scotch tape… Read Full Review

Cgm205's Response to Overrev's Review

Written on: 04/01/2008

I found this review helpful because even though negative it helps me know more about the 747 pistol.

“My Daisy 747 wanted to shoot well but was hampered by...”

Written on: 17/12/2005 by RecoilRob (1 review written)

My Daisy 747 wanted to shoot well but was hampered by the trigger. Daisy says it should adjust down to 1lb, but mine would only go to 56oz. Quick and easy dis-assembly showed the mechanism to be sturdy, well designed and easy to work on.

The problem turned out to be a dry and misaligned sear, which was easy to correct. The mainspring tensions the sear halves, but the spring seats were so tight that the spring was holding the sear out of proper alignment. A few seconds with a file and the… Read Full Review

Recoilrob's Response to RecoilRob's Review

Written on: 22/01/2006

Just added the left grip panel from the left hand grips so mine now is ambidextrous. Feels better to me than the dedicated target thumb rest.
<br>
<br>Called Daisy and for $8.50 + $3.00 shipping they were in the Mail. Also got a spare seal set for $4.50 while I was getting parts.
<br>
<br>Gun is past 650 shots now and functioning flawlessly. Still very happy with it.

Cgm205's Response to RecoilRob's Review

Written on: 04/01/2008

I found this review helpful because he told me this air gun could be worked on by the owner and minor repairs and adjustments made. I love to tinker with my guns and this was good to know.

☆☆☆☆☆

“My Daisy 747 lost air pressure after 1250 shots. ”

Written on: 23/06/2005 by TrailGun (1 review written)

My Daisy 747 lost air pressure after 1250 shots.
Repaired by Daisy (3 months & 1 week).
Failed again after 1300 shots.
Repaired again by Daisy (1 week).
Failed 3rd time after 150 shots.
Can anyone recommend a repair center other than Daisy?… Read Full Review

Benloco's Response to TrailGun's Review

Written on: 21/03/2006

For maintenance and repairs, try Mac1 Airguns. www.mac1airgun.com
I had them tune a rifle for me and they are currently doing a tune on another rifle. They sell the Daisy 717, so I am sure they will work on the 747 and probably will install better seals than the originals. Tim at Mac1 uses quality materials and does GOOD work. Besides, he is a nice gut to talk to.

I purchased my 747 from Stimson Enterprises (www.stimsonenterprises.com) who did a tune on it before sending it. I really like the 747 for its accuracy, quietness, and ease of use. It is capable of better accuracy than I can shoot; but I keep trying and do get better as time goes by.

I highly recommend it.

“I have been looking for an entry level match pistol...”

Written on: 27/08/2004 by hpaw (2 reviews written)

I have been looking for an entry level match pistol for some time. After trying out the following: Baikal IZH46, Gamo Compact and Weihrauch HW40, I finally settled on the Daisy Avanti 747 without seeing or trying it out before hand. I couldn't get hold of one to try out or locate any UK dealers who could order it for me, so I searched the internet and found Pilkington guns based in Tennessee, USA. The staff were so helpful and I couldn't believe how trouble free it was to buy the gun from them… Read Full Review

Written on: 01/09/2004

I thought I better mention that the scores of 9's and 10's were obtained with a 2-handed grip, just in case anyone thinks that it's possible for anyone to get those scores! I wanted to test the accuracy of the pistol and not have me as a factor in the scoring. Having shot several more pellets through it, I can add the following comments. The muzzle end may be a little heavy and the sight line is a little high, which could make any slight muzzle flip more obvious. I just need to start building up my forearm muscle to cope with it. Otherwise still think it's a great pistol.

Written on: 22/08/2005

Having owned the Daisy 747 for sometime and bought other pistols, I have to downgrade my generous score of 10/10 for the 747. Mine has also lost pressure and now has a constant hiss once cocked. The pressue lost is not too great and it still shoots reasonable accurately at 10 metres. If budget is an issue then I'll still recommend it, but the best recoiless spring or pneumatic air pistol in the world to my mind is the feinwerkbau 65. I was lucky enough to buy one and is now the favourite pistol in my collection.

Jcs's Response to hpaw's Review

Written on: 15/09/2004

I'm dreaming about getting the Steyr LP10. It runs around 1200 dollars. After reading a number of interviews with the top air pistol shooters in the world, most of them use Steyr LPs. Nice Morini grips and no recoil. I'll have to wait for another year or so in order to save enough money to buy a Steyr.

Written on: 14/09/2004

My gun club uses the IZH46 as their club pistol. I wouldn't say the Daisy 747 is better than the IZH46M, but it's certainly better looking. I have to admit I do like the IZH46M, but it was almost three times the cost compared to the Daisy. I'm now going to go straight up to the Steyr LP2.

Jcs's Response to hpaw's Review

Written on: 06/09/2004

I thought the forearm comment was valuable. I bought a Baikal 46M and I had the same problem for the first 50 shots. I just finished my first tin of 500 shots and I am very satisfied with the Baikal. I adjusted the site to clicks up for dead center accuracy. I have to say it's challenging to keep the pellet in the 10 ring from 10 meters, but it's a matter of breathing and maintaining a clear front picture. I was shocked at your positive comments of the Daisy comparing to the Baikal. I can't say I know the Baikal is better, but I am curious to see if it can really compete with the others. I almost bought a 747, but decided on the Baikal 46M. Again, it's a fantastic one-hand competition pistol.

☆☆☆☆☆

“I Had shot the Daisy 747 1500 pellets when it broke....”

Written on: 20/08/2004 by Shooter6br (1 review written)

I Had shot the Daisy 747 1500 pellets when it broke. Sent to Daisy and I am waiting for "valve body" replacement for four months for a repair. Many calls and e-mails made." Parts are defective" have to wait for new supply. Daisy has had my pistol longer than I owned it. My advise, Don't buy Daisy products… Read Full Review

Hpaw's Response to 166633_Shooter6br's Review

Written on: 24/09/2004

I think it's a shame that you blame Daisy products for what is poor customer service from where you had bought the gun. I bought mine from Pilkington Guns and their customer service is excellent.

Trailgun's Response to 166633_Shooter6br's Review

Written on: 22/06/2005

Same problem here.
Lost pressure after 1250 shots.
Repaired by Daisy (3 months & 1 week).
Failed again after 1300 shots.
Repaired again by Daisy (1 week).
Failed 3rd time after 150 shots.
Can anyone recommend a repair center other than Daisy ?

Cwk3Rd's Response to 166633_Shooter6br's Review

Written on: 22/10/2004

Let me know what parts you need, I may have what you need to make her work again. I bought a shoe box full of parts.
<br>charlie
<br>chaskess3@aol.com

“I own a Daisy 717 and 747 (both wearing the 777 grips). ”

Written on: 25/03/2004 by jafed (2 reviews written)

I own a Daisy 717 and 747 (both wearing the 777 grips).
The 747 sports a 4X scope and a base made from Jay Axelrod in Florida. It is a fine base and I have had nothing but happy shooting with the combo… Read Full Review

Cgm205's Response to jafed's Review

Written on: 04/01/2008

I found this review helpful because he told where I could get a base for scope mounting.