RWS 24 Reviews

Media Gallery for RWS 24

RWS 24
RWS 24

“Owned since 1988”

Written on: 01/05/2012 by Hallucinosis (1 review written)

The RWS Model 24 Dana .177 is a piece of superb craftsmanship and makes a Ruger 10/22 look like a cheaply made rifle in comparison. It's not fair to compare a .22 to a .177 air rifle, but the Model 24 also came in .22. My grandpa owned this version. Same gun, slightly lower velocity due to the larger projectile, but still I give this gun top marks for a residential use plinker/varmit gun. Though the model 24 is considerably lower velocity than the model 34, the model 34 will punch holes through… Read Full Review

“I've had my RWS 24 model Diana for 15-20 years and...”

Written on: 28/09/2006 by caznandy (1 review written)

I've had my RWS 24 model Diana for 15-20 years and have always had great fun and superb accuracy with it. (The picture and info on the websites are exactly the same as mine). It's a great 1st gun and loads of accurate fun now that I'm old too. haha. Still looks and performs like new. If you're looking for a great 1st airgun for target and or small pests for you or a responsible teenager, just buy one of these! You won't look back… Read Full Review

“I've had my RWS (Diana in Italy) mod. 24 for two and...”

Written on: 27/12/2005 by Daeron (8 reviews written)

I've had my RWS (Diana in Italy) mod. 24 for two and half years without any major problem. It's very good for informal plinking, but also for solving a pest problem in your backyard. My tip is to avoid heavy pellets: after testing many types, I found that the 6.8 gr. RWS Geco flat point are the most fit for this carabine, both in terms of velocity and accuracy. If I wanted to buy a low-price springer now, I would choose it again… Read Full Review

“I got RWS 24 this when I was 16 instead of a car but I...”

Written on: 09/06/2005 by rx2guy (1 review written)

I got RWS 24 this when I was 16 instead of a car but I have had more fun with it and it has lasted longer then any car I would have gotten.

This is the rifle that got me into shooting and has helped me to become the great shot I am.

I'm in my 30's so its going on 16 years old now. I have a daughter and will pass it on to her when she is old enough.

I do not know excatly how many shots I have through it but I can only guess it is in the 100,000s. It still going with out a hiccup.

This rifle… Read Full Review

“RWS 24: ”

Written on: 09/04/2005 by mike7642 (2 reviews written)

RWS 24:
I have been wanting an air rifle to get rid of unwanted birds in my backyard, sparrows and grackles. First gun I bought was a Crosman 800 Quest After several hundred rounds with Crosman it was time to take it back because of poor accuracy. Then I purchased a Beeman Bear which had a lower muzzle volicity but that was ok because of my populated area. Mistake number two. Then tried the Daisy 1000, if was to give the Daisy a chance It probably would of worked out but it sounded liked a 22… Read Full Review

“I got my Diana M24 .177cal a few weeks ago to go with...”

Written on: 11/03/2005 by Mad Dog (18 reviews written)

I got my Diana M24 .177cal a few weeks ago to go with my .22cal M24 which I've had for about three years now. Both of them have T05's and are the same other than caliber. The .177 version was accurate and smooth right out of the box, just like the .22 version. I shot a wide variety of pellets with different head shapes and weights from 25-60 feet with excellent results, JSB Exacts 4.52 were absolute tack drivers. The JSB's are also excellent in .22cal. Neither rifle had even a hint of "twang"… Read Full Review

“I have owned the RWS 24 rifle for about two years, and...”

Written on: 28/07/2004 by Mad Dog (18 reviews written)

I have owned the RWS 24 rifle for about two years, and it has lived up to what I expected from this great airgun company. The only thing that bothered me is that whoever assembled the gun stripped one of the stock screws, and just left it. That doesn't sound like RWS quality control to me. Anyway it was easy enough to fix since the threads in the receiver were still around. After that it was smooth sailing. The rifle really shoots quite well for lower end Diana, the trigger may be plastic but… Read Full Review

Mad Dog's Response to Mad Dog's Review

Written on: 28/07/2004

Please, let me know what it is that you think is unhelpful about this review.

Rooky's Response to Mad Dog's Review

Written on: 28/08/2004

You're welcome.
<br>
<br>Your fps will also increase since my gun was cronographed right out of the box at 442.3 fps and increased to 498 fps after the first 500 pellets of RWS super points I used. I haven't cronographed it since but it may have increased slightly more but should top out at round 500 fps.
<br>
<br>You may also want to try Crosman Copperhead Hyper Velocity pellets since they seem to offer more down range energy and piercing power (not sure why with a slightly rounded head). the grain weight is not marked on the tin however I think they may be slightly heavier than the RWS because they cronographed at about 20 fps lower than the superpoints during the same test.
<br>
<br>I Will be mounting this bushnell scope to mine http://airgunsbbguns.com/bushnell-72-0038.html since my friend has one mounted to his Beeman C1 and it works well also.

Mad Dog's Response to Mad Dog's Review

Written on: 25/08/2004

Hey Rooky, thanks for the vote of confidence. I think you are right about the velocity increasing over time; it is hitting harder than ever and has smoothed out even more since I wrote the review. I am hitting half inch homemade targets from 25ft with my 4x32 Crosman Target Finder (obviously from a rifle rest). I am getting the best results by far from the RWS Superpoints, they work the best in all my guns, .177 or .22 calibre. Also, I don't seem to need a scope stop, since I haven’t had to rezero at all. I guess it is just that smooth.

Rooky's Response to Mad Dog's Review

Written on: 23/08/2004

This is a great gun and I agree since I own one. you comments are useful and accurate. The .22 is very accurate with or without a scope. I shoot 5 pellets into the 1/2 centre of a Gamo target at 10 meters consistently with open sites. The gun will also increase its' fps from 430 to roughly just under 500 (Canadian non F.A.C limit) using RWS 14.5 Superpoints. If you are using a scope be sure to mount your scope stop on the opposite side than that of powder fired rifles (recoil is in reverse) and use lock tight on all the screws which mount the scope rings to the rail. Accuracy stabilizes after 1000 - 2500 pellets.

“I bought a "package" with a Diana RWS 24 Air Rifle and...”

Written on: 28/06/2004 by pedro11 (1 review written)

I bought a "package" with a Diana RWS 24 Air Rifle and a pre-installed scope. I was very surprised by it's accuracy from the very first shot I took. Seems like it needed no breaking in, no noise at all and no smoke. It's very easy to cock and handling, extremely accurate; with the scope I can get 1 inch-groupings from 30-40 ft. It has only a light recoil probably due to it's velocity at 700 ft/sec but for plinking and shooting pest-birds, it's quite sufficient. It has a soft and very nice… Read Full Review

Pedro11's Response to pedro11's Review

Written on: 29/06/2004

Meant ofcourse from 30-40 yards distance (and not ft.)

Pedro11's Response to pedro11's Review

Written on: 27/07/2004

I have now shot more than 1200 rounds of accuracy was getting worse until I discovered that the screws on the mounted scope had turned loose. After tightening these I had to zero it in again.

Rooky's Response to pedro11's Review

Written on: 02/07/2004

Sounds good, I am obtaining very high accuracy with mine in .22 cal using open sites. I am shooting 5 shot groups consistently into the dead center (1/2 inch) of a GAMO target and trap at 10 yards. I will be mounting a bushnell (airgun) scope soon as well.

“I purchased a Diana 24 .22 and cronographed it at...”

Written on: 03/06/2004 by rooky (1 review written)

I purchased a Diana 24 .22 and cronographed it at 442.3 right out of the box. This should increase after I have put 1000 pellets through it and bring it closer to the 500 fps Canadian FAC limit… Read Full Review

Rooky's Response to rooky's Review

Written on: 09/06/2004

Follow up: the 442.3 fps cronographed out of the box has increased to 495 fps RWS Superpoint 14.5gr .22 Cal.

Rooky's Response to rooky's Review

Written on: 28/01/2005

After multiple chronographs I achieved a consistent fps of 490+. I don't believe it is deiseling. Remember the 495 fps is my muzzle velocity since this value will decrease rapidly over even small distances. I use oil soaked VFG-Quick Cleaning Pellets on a regular basis (double up the cleaning Pellets). Also have your chronograph checked and use proper lighting for accurate results if you are or have not already, although I suspect your chrono is accurate and you do have proper lighting. Also try using Hyper Velocity Copperhead pellets by Crosman. (they are a little getto but achieve some very good velocities

Diananike's Response to rooky's Review

Written on: 23/01/2005

I am some what curious as to how your gun has achieved 495fps as it is factory rated at only 430fps. I use RWS Hobbies in mine and get velocities around 460 and mine is a Canadian version like yours. Maybe your still getting some deiseling?

“I have owned this RWS 24 Air Rifle for probably 9 or...”

Written on: 29/05/2004 by maurerpwer (1 review written)

I have owned this RWS 24 Air Rifle for probably 9 or 10 years in .177 cal (I don't remember how old I was when I got the gun for christmas, but the manufactured date on my rifle was 1993. I don't think I've had it for 11 years...though I may have). It has held up very well and nothing has worn out. I have never cleaned or serviced this gun in all the time I have owned it and it's accuracy is still amazing, limited only by its range as the trajectory drops off. As a little boy I used to… Read Full Review

Torqueguy's Response to 157014_maurerpwer's Review

Written on: 26/06/2005

I agree, thanks

“I bought my Diana 24 in .22cal last summer and found...”

Written on: 04/05/2004 by diananike (9 reviews written)

I bought my Diana 24 in .22cal last summer and found it to be a easy handling quick to the shoulder spring rifle with good jump shooting characteristics. Up to 15-20 yds its accuracy was so impeccable I did not bother mounting a scope. Accuracy hovered around an inch even at 20yds with both Super H-points and Gamo Hunter roundheads unfortunately the low velocity(430-450fps) didn't give me the confidence to take rabbits at that distance(20yds) Headshots on crows with an H-point were very… Read Full Review

“I have the RWS 24 Model 24 in .177 and it's a great...”

Written on: 10/04/2004 by Scotsmn (3 reviews written)

I have the RWS 24 Model 24 in .177 and it's a great gun. I use it for plinking in the backyard and general target practice since it's not very loud. It's capable of taking out small to medium size birds but wouldn't recommend it for anything larger. When you hold it you can tell it's well engineered and meant to last you a long time. I wouldn't trade it no matter how many rifles I acquire. It's plain, simple and perfect… Read Full Review