HP Baked Beans Reviews

HP Baked Beans - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for HP Baked Beans

HP Baked Beans

“Watery and not full of beans”

Written on: 09/01/2013

I had to reduce the beans sauce on the hob rather than a zap in the microwave, taste alright and the beans are not hard like some cheap ones but there is a definite lack of beans in a thin runny sauce. Just noticed they are made by Heinz, same beans same taste but a budget watery version of the best… Read Full Review

“terrible baked beans”

Written on: 05/01/2013 by excook (1 review written)

Growing up in the fifties we had HP beans on toast every Saturday lunch. Thought I would give them a try and wished I hadn't. I suspect that since Heinz bought the brand they have steadily reduced the quality in order to enhance the sales of Heinz beans. To me this has backfired spectacularly as I will definitely go back to Branstons Beans. Reading the label on the HP tin it does say in the contents that their is 43% beans and the rest is made up of an insipid red coloured water. The beans… Read Full Review

HP Baked Beans

“HP Beans - I have a very busy guest house in...”

Written on: 22/03/2011 by chimneysweep (1 review written)

HP Beans - I have a very busy guest house in Coleshill, and have used HP Baked Beans always, but over the years I have noticed less and less beans and more and more runny sauce as found in cheaper beans, soon we will be paying per bean and not per tin. Can't say I will be buying HP Beans again!. I cannot really rate them on your star chart as I don't think they are worth even 1… Read Full Review

HP Baked Beans

“I will never buy HP beans again. The tin is full of a...”

Written on: 01/09/2009

I will never buy HP beans again. The tin is full of a runny non tomato sauce and very few beans. I have tried to go on their website to tell them but I have to accept to their competition rules in order to send a message so forget that!… Read Full Review

HP Baked Beans

“the tin was full of sauce with less than a quarter of...”

Written on: 02/06/2009 by terry lynch (1 review written)

the tin was full of sauce with less than a quarter of the normal amount of beans you would get in a tin. Its no wonder thet're cheap i had to open two tins to have a portion of beans on toast… Read Full Review

HP Baked Beans

“i am 61 years of age and have eaten only hp beans for...”

Written on: 25/01/2008

i am 61 years of age and have eaten only hp beans for as long as my memory serves me......but not any more.....i am sick of opening hp cans and finding the content s to be approx: 60% beans and 40% sauce.I first noticed about 5 years ago but faithfully stayed with the product.About 2 years ago i decided to try Bransons beans and what a difference.Packed to the brim every can in a really thick sauce with a richer flavour than hp.But i gave hp the benefit of the doubt and stayed… Read Full Review

HP Baked Beans

“This is my favorite brand of baked beans. The sauce is...”

Written on: 26/10/2007 by kmp3000 (1 review written)

This is my favorite brand of baked beans. The sauce is thick and doesn't wet the toast too much. The beans are always juicy and full of flavor. If not a little dry at times. Well done HP great beans. K… Read Full Review

Chez18's Response to 320201_kmp3000's Review

Written on: 16/02/2008

wet the toast to much that made me giggle! really it all depends where you put the beans isnt it?? x

HP Baked Beans

“Having purchased the pack of HP Baked Beans from Farm...”

Written on: 27/08/2005 by starfire2005 (5 reviews written)

Having purchased the pack of HP Baked Beans from Farm Foods and having thought I had got a bargain I cooked the beans following guidelines on the tin and put them on some nice buttered wholemeal toast.
We were not impressed as you can see from the above bad points.
If I had paid more money I would have taken them back for a refund at the store.
I would urge those who are thinking of buying these beans not to and if you have bought them to return them to where you have bought them for a refund… Read Full Review

Timppete's Response to starfire2005's Review

Written on: 19/12/2005

HP Beans are the premium baked beans unlike the watery offerings provided by a German sounding brand. I am most concerned that am now having trouble finding a reputable supplier of HP Beans.

Chez18's Response to starfire2005's Review

Written on: 16/02/2008

maybe it was the toast not the beans?? oh well never mind i wont be buying these unless i need a laxative!!!

Allright's Response to starfire2005's Review

Written on: 27/12/2005

We have to agree with TimPete that now the HP brand does not seem to be available from Tesco the alternative we find in its place, "H" variety, is watery, lacking in flavour and generally inferior.

HP Baked Beans

“HP Baked Beans - The beans were bought in a multipack,...”

Written on: 20/09/2004 by noonie27 (1 review written)

HP Baked Beans - The beans were bought in a multipack, but two of the cans were without a label. Thus being my concern. The beans were there, but unfortunately the label wasn't, along with my interest to eat them. I have not yet consumed the tin, probably because it seems to be a mere handout and by paying for the product, I at least expected to be buying some quality for the price of the multipack - £1.39 for 4 cans, but in the doing so, I gained 2 for free. (50% extra) I did not, however… Read Full Review

221638_Mandilou's Response to noonie27's Review

Written on: 20/12/2005

I would like to know why HP Beans are no longer for sale in the supermarkets.