Brooke Bond Choicest Blend Reviews

Media Gallery for Brooke Bond Choicest Blend

Brooke Bond Choicest Blend

“...”

Written on: 25/10/2010

After much searching I have finally found Brooke Bond's Scottish Blend in loose leaf form!! (Yay!!!) For those of you in the states the link posted above is to the store in the UK that has it for sale(just copy and paste and it will take you right to… Read Full Review

“We like Brooke Bond Choicest Blend TEA - not tea-bags....”

Written on: 27/02/2010

We like Brooke Bond Choicest Blend TEA - not tea-bags. But the only place we can find them is Ocado, why is this? It's the best tea we can find, not a bit coarse, lovely… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 09/09/2011

My brother, who lives in France, has asked me to take him Brooke Bond loose leaf tea over but do you think I can find it?! I have trailed all over Edinburgh and no luck - my mother used to swear by it and that's why my brother still hankers after it! Can anyone tell me where to find it? Helene Scott

“Where can I purchace B.B. Choisest Blend Post Code...”

Written on: 06/11/2009

Where can I purchace B.B. Choisest Blend Post Code SO18 1NL Excellent tea… Read Full Review

“Taste is superb. Everybody who visits me remarks upon...”

Written on: 06/12/2008

Taste is superb. Everybody who visits me remarks upon it...Packaging is also good. Maybe a little too expensive for some people but I would pay more. Only thing I can only find this product in Waitrose which is a Supermarket that I do not use very often. I used to be able to find it easily in other outlets but not any more. As I have mentioned, I find this product first class and have recommended it to all my friends… Read Full Review

“Like many others I was unable to obtain it for some...”

Written on: 29/05/2008 by capsmith (1 review written)

Like many others I was unable to obtain it for some considerable time. I made great efforts to find a supply, but failed. I shopped recently ( within the last two weeks ) in Waitrose St Albans to find loose leaf Choicest tea. I am almost ashamed to admit I bought all from the shelf!
It proved unobtainable in Waitrose Harpenden and Waitrose Welwyn Garden City.
I trust that this supply is not a "One 0ff"… Read Full Review

“I, too, have found it very difficult to get hold of,...”

Written on: 21/04/2008 by Elizabeth Davey (1 review written)

I, too, have found it very difficult to get hold of, and I think it is a fallacy that Waitrose stock it in their stores. However, it is possible to order it direct from Typhoo Tea in the Wirral, if you phone their customer services they will send you an order form. You have to buy it by the dozen boxes, but that doesn't last long in our household. They are extremely helpful and prompt with their service… Read Full Review

Kyriako's Response to Elizabeth Davey's Review

Written on: 06/05/2008

I found this review helpful because...it solved the problem of not being able to find Choicest blend Tea. I will be following her advice and calling Typhoo in the Wirral.

“Brooke Bond Choicest Blend is a perfectly balanced...”

Written on: 18/12/2007 by kyriako (1 review written)

Brooke Bond Choicest Blend is a perfectly balanced blend of the traditional English breakfast tea "genre" . It is full bodied without being bitter and with a little milk is the perfect start to a day and a perfect afternoon lift. It seems to have disappeared from all the Waitrose stores and the store managers are useless at finding any factual information as to why. The company that bought the Choicest Blend tea from Brooke Bond burned in 2005, and that may explain the problem… Read Full Review

“Brooke Bond Choicest Blend is the Tea Britains were...”

Written on: 24/09/2007 by gromit34 (1 review written)

Brooke Bond Choicest Blend is the Tea Britains were brought up on. Well, I thought so!! Can always remember having the loose leaf tea at my nanna's house. It was the perfect brew - not bland, very tasty, and a lovely rich brown colour. I too have struggled to find a supplier of Brooke Bond products, but after a little surfing on the net I have managed to locate a company that can get them direct from the manufacturers. A little sceptical at their claim, but I placed my order and along came… Read Full Review

“I too have had problems finding Choicest Blend either...”

Written on: 20/09/2007 by Hugh Williams (1 review written)

I too have had problems finding Choicest Blend either in loose or tea bag form. I suspect it has been discontinued as there is no mention of it on the Unilever website.
Shame because it was a good tea. Maybe someone from Unilever will see these comments and allay our fears… Read Full Review

“Until now Brooke Bond Choicest Blend tea has been...”

Written on: 05/08/2007 by Foommen (1 review written)

Until now Brooke Bond Choicest Blend tea has been readily available at Waitrose, but my local branch has reorganised its shelves, and it is now nowhere to be seen - but I shall persevere. As a tea it has been part of our family for two, nearly three generations, and I am regularly asked by visitors what it is, as it is invariably commented on. I know of two or three who have bought it as a result, and one South African who generally drinks coffee will always ask for this tea when they come to… Read Full Review

Gromit34's Response to 302620_Foommen's Review

Written on: 24/09/2007

The only place I have been able to buy both Brooke Bond Choicest Blend loose leaf and teabags from is a company on the net. Try www.expats-shoppingarcade.com - I have ordered from them in the past, and it's the same tea I always remembered!

“WHERE CAN I BUY IT? There are no longer any...”

Written on: 20/07/2007 by lisel tait (1 review written)

WHERE CAN I BUY IT? There are no longer any supermarkets in Scotland which supply Brooke Bond Choicest tea, and until recently, I asked every friend travelling south to get it from Waitrose. However, I am devastated to learn that one friend has just returned from St Albans and they no longer stock it. I have a small stock-pile which will not last long - please help… Read Full Review

Tiggersteel's Response to lisel tait's Review

Written on: 31/08/2007

I am trying to find any shop, supermarket or online firm that stock Brooke Bond Choicest Blend tea for a friend of mine. I would appreciate any help from your members.
<br/>
<br/>If you find any shops, supermarkets or online firms please let me know if you can. The only place online I have found so far that sells both teabags and the loose tea is
<br/>www.expats-shoppingarcade.com
<br/>Best wishes Cherry.

“A perfect tea for first thing in the morning or with...”

Written on: 12/07/2007 by littlelibranlady (3 reviews written)

A perfect tea for first thing in the morning or with breakfast.
Best brewed in a teapot.
My worry is that it will be taken off the market because with so many teas on the shelves and if people don't know about it, it may not sell enough to warrant shelf space in the few shops that sell it… Read Full Review

302620_Foommen's Response to littlelibranlady's Review

Written on: 05/08/2007

I share your concerns. I think If you want to retain Brooke Bond Choicest Blend tea on the shelves you need to write to Waitrose now, as it has disappeared in my local store in the last three weeks.
<br/>This has happened before, and I have persevered and then it returned. They will listen if there are enough enquiries.

Littlelibranlady's Response to littlelibranlady's Review

Written on: 03/09/2007

Good news!
<br/>I phoned Brooke Bond customer service department (which is actually Typhoo), and you can buy direct from them.
<br/>Of course you have to pay postage, but it's not too bad if you buy in bulk.
<br/>The minimum order is one case, which contains 3 boxes for £6.57. (£2.19 per box).
<br/>Postage is £6.50 up to 9 kilos. A box of 80 teabags weighs 250g, so if you drink enough tea to warrant it, you could order 36 boxes for that postage.
<br/>If you phone or fax them they will send an order form.
<br/>
<br/>I did speak to somebody in one of my local Waitrose stores, and they said that Waitrose are no longer stocking it. This person was surprised, because she said that they did sell a lot of it.
<br/>The problem is, I suppose that with all the specialist teas on the market now, there is a lack of shelf space.

Tiggersteel's Response to littlelibranlady's Review

Written on: 31/08/2007

Perhaps Brook Bond would help? How about a website where we can buy their tea direct, especially Choicest Blend?
<br/>Cherry from Skipton North Yorkshire

Littlelibranlady's reply to Tiggersteel's Comment

Written on: 16/07/2013

Brooke Bond do now have a website in that they are now part of Typhoo.
You can buy direct from here

“Brooke Bond is an excellent blend, and one of my long...”

Written on: 14/09/2004 by Mr Tea (2 reviews written)

Brooke Bond is an excellent blend, and one of my long term favourites. The rich, complex taste is welcome at any time of day, and it brews well with hard or soft water. Most impressive is how long a pot of Choicest Blend retains a satisfactory flavour. A cup poured 45 minutes after the pot was made can taste almost as good as one poured as soon as the tea has brewed.

The one serious flaw with this brand is that the spacious, rectangular teabags formerly used in the bagged version have been… Read Full Review

Ambika's Response to Mr Tea's Review

Written on: 07/09/2005

Does anybody know where I can buy Brooke Bond loose tea, can't find it anymore.

Bfreigang's Response to Mr Tea's Review

Written on: 19/01/2009

Who cares about the shape of a tea bag! I have a much bigger problem. I live in Switzerland and can't buy Brooke Bond Choicest Blend here and I'm unfortunately not able to find any online shop that could send it to me. What a disaster!<br/><br/>I'm Swiss, but my great-grandfather was a butler in England. He brought Brooke Bond Choicest Blend into our family almost a hundred years ago with the result that my parents, my uncle and I are totally addicted to it. Who can help? We pay a good price!<br/><br/>

Noeljealous's Response to Mr Tea's Review

Written on: 27/08/2008

I thought everyone knew that tea was best in square bags. The round bags became popular when Tetley started advertising "helps the flavour go round" or something like that. Also it looked nice at the bottom of a round cup before water was added. However, the main reason for the popularity was that there was no choice. Nearly all brands of tea were suddenly in round bags because they were produced in the same factory. Several times I returned Choicest (6 bags) complaining that it was the wrong tea. My claim was justified and I was refunded with an apology for not finishing one brand run properly before starting another brand's run. Also I imagine low paid workers having their joke and thinking we couldn't tell the difference.
<br/>I fail to understand how round bags can save money since each circle must use a square of paper with four corners thrown away.
<br/>Since Gold Crown Foods of Liverpool had a fire in 2005 I've been drinking TeaDirect (Fairtrade) which is the next best thing to Choicest Blend.

Tiggersteel's Response to Mr Tea's Review

Written on: 31/08/2007

I found this review helpful because...he has pointed out that Unilever have done this to shave off costs of producing it, but how about marketing the product in a way that encourages us to buy? You can buy a product if you can't find it! Come on Brook Bond, here's a challenge you shouldn't pass up!!
<br/>
<br/>Cherry Steel, Skipton North Yorkshire.

Mr Tea's Response to Mr Tea's Review

Written on: 13/08/2007

Unilever have offloaded this brand to Gold Crown Foods Ltd. If you do a search for them on Google, you will be able to get their telephone number, as I can not leave it on Review Centre.
<br/>
<br/>They may be able to help with your enquiry. Good luck.

302620_Foommen's Response to Mr Tea's Review

Written on: 05/08/2007

I confirm all that mr tea has written, and agree wholeheartedly about the Brooke Bond Choicest Blend tea bags. The move to round bags was a disaster, as there is less room to brew.

Fuseman's Response to Mr Tea's Review

Written on: 18/01/2006

I agree that this is a good tea. However apart from the emotional aspect of using loose tea I rather doubt if many people could tell the difference between loose tea, tea in a round bag, or tea in any other shaped bag.
<br>
<br>I challenge Mr Tea to a blind tasting test!