Daewoo DP 42SP Reviews

• Sound Quality

Daewoo DP 42SP - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Daewoo DP 42SP

Daewoo DP 42SP

“I want Daewoo to provide an after sale service. I...”

Written on: 05/10/2007 by susues (1 review written)

I want Daewoo to provide an after sale service. I purchased my Daewoo DP 42SP plasma TV in December of 2002, from Best Buy for $3000.00. I feel it should last for the price I paid. It was working OK until my additional warranty of $400.00 expired. Now it shows the picture in Green & Red - Blue is missing all the time, but if I connect it to my DVD player (which is progressive scan) it shows me the picture in RGB, and absolutely normal. I would like to know if this problem can be fixed?… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to susues's Review

Written on: 20/07/2011

Why do these televisions have such a limited lifespan.

Daewoo DP 42SP

“I purchased my Daewoo DP 42SP plasma from Powerhouse...”

Written on: 15/02/2006 by imacphail (1 review written)

I purchased my Daewoo DP 42SP plasma from Powerhouse (Scotland). I was very pleased with my purchase with optional stand and cost £1750, great value for money!! 11 months later a thin red line appeared running down the screen. I called Powerhouse customer services who gave me the number for Daewoo, who offered me a replacement TV, but unfortunately their new model is black not silver, so would not look right with my silver integrated stand. This was my only alternative from Daewoo. I called… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆
Daewoo DP 42SP

“Exactly 1 year after we purchased the TV from CompUSA...”

Written on: 27/12/2005 by rdnr (1 review written)

Exactly 1 year after we purchased the TV from CompUSA a green line appeared on the screen. We had 2 year warranty which we purchased for $300. Daewoo said the 1 year manufacturers warranty had expired. CompUSA gave us a number to call. It's been 1 month now, and we have called the number 5 times. There are 3 lines on the screen now, and we are still waiting for a replacement. Daewoo and compUSA suck!

Don't waste your time and money!… Read Full Review

Boydread's Response to rdnr's Review

Written on: 08/02/2006

We also have this model, it also had a green line appera after 6 months, the retailer Powerhouse exchanged it for a new one. Guess what, 6 months and two weeks later a red line appeared on the exchange unit. When I confonted the retailer to exchange this item, as being only 6 months old it must still have warranty I was told the warranty ran from the purchase of the original unit and there was nothing he could or would do! As for Daewoo well need I say more.

251005_Rudsa's Response to rdnr's Review

Written on: 12/07/2006

I bought the Daewoo 42" in December 2004 from CompUSA. Green line appeared in March 2005. CompUSA told me to contact service center (Tower TV). Got TV back in May 2005. Noticed a green line in April 2006. It is now July 2006 and I now have 16 lines of various colors on my screen. Tower TV told me that the electronic division of Daewoo has gone bankrupt and that I should start looking for another TV. Whatever you do ... don't buy a Daewoo !!!!

Rdnr's Response to rdnr's Review

Written on: 09/02/2006

BoydRead, I have question..
I just got my replacement TV after having 3 lines on the first one.... This tv is a newer version, i wonder is your second tv is exactly the same version of the first one?

☆☆☆☆☆
Daewoo DP 42SP

“Initially I liked the Daewoo DP 42SP enough to...”

Written on: 31/08/2005 by richardr (1 review written)

Initially I liked the Daewoo DP 42SP enough to recommend it to others. That changed after having the TV for 3 months. Vertical solid color bars started appearing in the picture. Sad thing is the friends of mine who had also bought this TV at the same time had the same problem occuring. Obvious manufacturer defects. Maybe we bought into a bad batch of TV's off the manufacturing which could have been Ok. But Daewoo has a horrible warranty service. We soon found that local TV service centers… Read Full Review

Daewoo DP 42SP

“I was very happy and content with my purchase until...”

Written on: 12/05/2005 by kiddagn (1 review written)

I was very happy and content with my purchase until the pixels went bad in the TV and had to deal with their warranty department. They work with 2 local repair shops in our area (central FL very large area). After being referred to several shops who were doing work and being told they don't work with Daewoo anymore I should have know then that this would be an ordeal. 7 weeks later 5 without the TV I still can't get a simple question answered. When will my replacement TV be delivered. I have… Read Full Review

Daewoo DP 42SP

“I purchased a Daewoo DP 42SP 42" plasma TV on sale at...”

Written on: 20/11/2004 by kelly2509 (1 review written)

I purchased a Daewoo DP 42SP 42" plasma TV on sale at Comp USA. It was fairly easy to set up. The picture quality is good - although we were unaware of our reception flaws (despite having expensive cable) because they were not obvious on our old CRT television. The high definition compatible picture is super. Weak points are that the manual is very basic and there does not appear to be a manufacturer's site online to fill in the gaps. I hope I will not have any problem with the TV, because… Read Full Review

Kiddagn's Response to kelly2509's Review

Written on: 12/05/2005

You are correct I too hope you don't need any product support because like me you will be up a creek fighting to have them do the right thing. If you ever need it the NJ number for warranty is 201-460-2000. Good luck it took me 7 weeks to get that information now if only they would fix my TV or send me a new one.

Daewoo DP 42SP

“A few months ago I purchased a Techwood Plasma TV,...”

Written on: 20/06/2004 by Adieboy (1 review written)

A few months ago I purchased a Techwood Plasma TV, "What a mistake that was"! After weeks of complaining to the store I managed to get an upgrade which was the Daewoo DP-42SP. I was very pleased with this product as it was a vast improvement on the Techwood, the picture and sound was so much better. I now know with buying a plasma TV you get what you pay for, I think the Daewoo is worth £2500 because of the features such as Component Video which is very good for DVD viewing but you must… Read Full Review

Daewoo DP 42SP

“I initially had reservations about buying a Daewoo but...”

Written on: 22/03/2004 by mortymini (2 reviews written)

I initially had reservations about buying a Daewoo but the Daewoo DP 42SP Plasma Television seemed to work well at first , once i had finally got it set up (this took about 2 hours!) With bright films it is quite good but when viewing dark night-time scenes, especially if fog is involved, the picture is dreadful and really shows up a lot of digital artifacts . Moreover , a large dark band appeared in the middle of the screen after 6 weeks of light use . After being away for repair for 5 weeks… Read Full Review