Austin/BMT/Leyland MINI! Reviews

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

Austin/BMT/Leyland MINI! - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Austin/BMT/Leyland MINI!

Austin/BMT/Leyland MINI!
Austin/BMT/Leyland MINI!

“Anyway, Minis I love them, the cool little racing...”

Written on: 29/01/2008 by minigurl (1 review written)

Anyway, Minis I love them, the cool little racing cars. Can't wait to get my Mini looking all mean its going to be a celebration with my friends I can do the panel wk and maybe the painting I can't afford much on it but yea its going be cool… Read Full Review

“I love our Leyland mini its great for town when there...”

Written on: 16/01/2008 by pol0054 (2 reviews written)

I love our Leyland mini its great for town when there are the hard car parks to get into or when you need to squeeze in a narrow path… Read Full Review

“Overall, I intend to keep my mini as long as possible....”

Written on: 11/04/2007 by kate87 (1 review written)

Overall, I intend to keep my mini as long as possible. We have put a bigger engine in it and can go faster than 100mph easily. Its like having your very own little rocket on four wheels. I would definitely recommend a mini to anyone who enjoys driving and looking after their cars… Read Full Review

“I sold my perfectly practical Fiesta to buys my little...”

Written on: 23/05/2006 by ben jones (1 review written)

I sold my perfectly practical Fiesta to buys my little Mini. Was really fun for about a week! Then the electrics went wrong. 2 weeks later it failed its MOT on broken subframe mounts. Then the water pump broke. I have just got the main and needle jet in the carburettor done and now the clutch has gone!! Those are the bad points. The good points are when it does actually work perfectly it is the best car in the world I can't imagine being without it. It also is really nice to have other Mini… Read Full Review

“I got my Mini when I was 16 as a running project, it...”

Written on: 07/04/2006 by Matt1986 (4 reviews written)

I got my Mini when I was 16 as a running project, it was great, it handled like a dream, it wasn't so fast that I would get any points, (can be sorted if you got the money).

Just remember, these cars are old and prone to rust, they need a lot of TLC to keep them running, so keep on top of the work and don't let that rust take over, otherwise you have to take it to the scrap yard! :-(. The 998's arnt that fast, but join the clubs and read that mags and save your pennies and it could be a… Read Full Review

“Where to start?! The Mini really is the greatest car...”

Written on: 22/07/2005 by Mr Lizard (3 reviews written)

Where to start?! The Mini really is the greatest car ever made. Cheap, goes round corners like nothing else, cool, for its size you can get a lot in it, pretty economical (although i'll come to that in a sec!) cheap insurance, easy to improve (usually because they're falling apart!), easy to tune, more fun than anything else out there!
BUT.... They're hopelessly unreliable. If something can break, it will! Often this is due to neglect, or the lucas electrics that look like they were designed… Read Full Review

“yep i do love the mini's, as long as the word standard...”

Written on: 03/08/2003 by jarrod brown. (1 review written)

yep i do love the mini's, as long as the word standard isnt in any sentence i will continue to buy more… Read Full Review

Mclaren F1's Response to jarrod brown.'s Review

Written on: 05/05/2004

Um... I'm English and I ain't short thanks very much. The concept of it being too small may have something to do with the fact that it is called a "MINI" and the guy that designed it intended it to be an all new SMALL car.

Tomdickharry's Response to jarrod brown.'s Review

Written on: 17/11/2005

The english are not nesserally smaller vertically, perhaps just slimmer than some other nationalities who try and squeeze their massive gut behind the wheel of a mini! I am 6ft 2, therefore not short, even by american standards, and am suficiantly comfy with enough leg room. How much room do you really need in a car designed for short trips?

Mwe's Response to jarrod brown.'s Review

Written on: 29/09/2004

I'm puzzled by the comment that people over 2-feet tall won't fit in a Mini. I'm 6-feet tall & have plenty of head & legroom whether I'm sitting in the back or front of a BMC/BL/Austin-Rover Mini. The idea behind the Mini (the one which came out in 1959) was to accomodate 4 adults within the shortest overall length;-it achieves this aim admirably. Front seats on 1982 models onwards had headrestraints & were much more back-frendly than earlier models. The last models (up to year 2000) had the same front seats as larger Rover-Group models. Replacement Cobra-type seats can be fitted & set lower than standard front seats if you want more space & comfort.

“Right... where do I start. ”

Written on: 16/05/2003 by dunketh. (1 review written)

Right... where do I start.
Firstly, if you're gong to buy one don't spend less than 500 quid.
They're incredibly easy to work on.
The clutch is hydraulic so most clutch problems are in the hydraulic system, you can unbolt components individually, clean them in the sink or replace them for cheap money.
The engine will carry on regardless no matter how knackered it is. Mine went fine on no water, no oil and no head gasket, and a knackered head!
When I did replace the head and gasket it was easy… Read Full Review

285154_Kate87's Response to 98356_dunketh.'s Review

Written on: 11/04/2007

I disagree with the comment that they are quite slow. We put a 1300cc engine into my 1979 mini and it goes like a rocket. Can easily do 100mph +!!!!!