Ho Chi Minh (Saigon), New World Hotel Reviews

From 1 review

Ho Chi Minh (Saigon), New World Hotel - Ask a question now

“At New World Hotel the service is really bad. I tell...”

Written on: 24/04/2004 by NamNguyen (1 review written)

At New World Hotel the service is really bad. I tell you my story. I checked in that noon (early March/2004) and asked if my girlfriend could check in later, I spelled out her name to them. The receptionist, told me that my girlfriend just had to show the ID later and everything would be Ok. So I checked in, none showed me to the lift not even my room. Could you believe that a 5 star hotel???

Even a supervisor was rude to me later. She kicked me and my girlfriend out of the door because we… Read Full Review

Piednoir25's Response to NamNguyen's Review

Written on: 25/04/2004

Slightly hard to believe!!!

Vinasai's Response to NamNguyen's Review

Written on: 20/12/2005

I find your alleged experience at New World Hotel obviously exaggerated and thus not credible.
<br>
<br> As a frequent traveller to Viet Nam, I have extensive experience about the country and its way of life. Nowhere in VN today is a marriage certificate required for a man and a woman to stay in the same hotel room, least of all at a 5-star hotel in Saigon. New World would have been the subject of uncount complaints and ridicule had that been the case, and would not have stayed in business attracting Western tourists the way it has for the last 10 years. This marriage cerificate story is a fabrication I'm sure no modern VN traveller has experienced, or heard of, about the country, and even less likely, about this hotel.