Acoustic Solutions SP100 Reviews

• Sound Quality

Acoustic Solutions SP100 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Acoustic Solutions SP100

“Still going strong.”

Written on: 05/02/2014 by Nickl4 (1 review written)

Just writing an updated review from a few years ago. Ive had this amp for nearly 8 years now. Ive recently added Eltax mini speakers which work well with this amp. I cant fault it at all, still going strong after these years, Ive only had to change batteries in remote. Just shows, you don't need to spend a fortune to get a good sound system… Read Full Review

“awesome”

Written on: 27/08/2012 by leewatkinson (1 review written)

very good sound from all six inputs. I got mine for free off a friend and hooked it up to 2 very big 600 watt floorstanders. no crackling or muffled sounds perfect every time. had it around 3 years now. connected too c.d. blu-ray, xbox360 and sky. not a problem with any connections. lots of bass very clear. watever your watching or listening too it does the job outstandingly. BAD POINTS NONE. not bad for free… Read Full Review

Acoustic Solutions SP100

“I've been using it for 2 years and it never had any...”

Written on: 19/02/2010 by buhebutler (3 reviews written)

I've been using it for 2 years and it never had any problems, that's what I'M
relived about the Acoustic Solutions SP100, For people who wants some average home-use amplifier, I think that would be one of the best choices… Read Full Review

“ ”

Written on: 05/10/2009

not bad value for money,performs well for a budget amp, good over all value
would recommend, well worth the money sounds and looks great.

nick o… Read Full Review

Acoustic Solutions SP100

“yes like evryone else says this acoustic solutions is...”

Written on: 05/08/2009

yes like evryone else says this acoustic solutions is a quality amp for the money but if it ever goes down with errors by god help u coz ive been serching and trying to find out what is wrong with mine but no body can tell me i have searched for months payed out money to join certain websites whitch still carnt give me answers? my amp errored after just over a year with a u52 error if anybody can shed any light on this it would be a big help… Read Full Review

Acoustic Solutions SP100

“i paid £20 for my acoustic solution SP100 :D im happy...”

Written on: 19/06/2009 by djtafa (1 review written)

i paid £20 for my acoustic solution SP100 :D im happy with the sound quality powering my 65 watts rms Denon bookshelf speakers :D bargain!… Read Full Review

Acoustic Solutions SP100

“Over the years I built up a small stock pile of...”

Written on: 06/02/2008 by mark lucas (13 reviews written)

Over the years I built up a small stock pile of separates which I'd gradually replaced with better brands. Rather than flog the existing decks on ebay - I thought it might be interesting to compile a second hi-fi out of these spares. My goal was to assemble something cheaply without looking at the second hand market. What I ended up with is something very acceptable sounding.

I was lucky in managing to obtain some last-of-line 2 way 8ohm 100 watt bookshelf speakers by Bush. These were at a… Read Full Review

Acoustic Solutions SP100

“I bought the Acoustic Solutions SP101 amp along with a...”

Written on: 18/05/2006 by tonalplexus (1 review written)

I bought the Acoustic Solutions SP101 amp along with a pair of Eltax speakers to put together a budget system for my dad. With this requirement in mind, I was not expecting it to perform like a more expensive system. However, I did expect it to be a competent entry level amplifier; delivering a basic, clear signal.

After setting up, I was disappointed with this amp and frustrated with my purchase. As sba99jpd mentioned in his review, the SP101 cannot deal with the line level input from a CD… Read Full Review

Mark Lucas's Response to tonalplexus's Review

Written on: 06/02/2008

Personally I think the speakers you bought were incompatible with the amp for some reason- the hiss you mentioned sounds familiar. I notced there is a 'jump' when you switch this amp on but the same thing happens with my £400 Sony amp.

Acoustic Solutions SP100

“The Acoustic Solutions SP101 audio amplifier is a well...”

Written on: 03/04/2006 by Mark Westley (3 reviews written)

The Acoustic Solutions SP101 audio amplifier is a well made, excellent sounding easy to use amplifier, offering real value for money.

It delivers a healthy 35 watts RMS into 8 ohms, and should have little problem driving most speakers. I also own the SP111 DAB/FM tuner and the SP122 CD player which, together with the SP102 amp, produce performance that belies their very modest prices… Read Full Review

Acoustic Solutions SP100

“I brought an Acoustic Solutions SP100 amp after hard...”

Written on: 14/07/2004 by Anoop007 (1 review written)

I brought an Acoustic Solutions SP100 amp after hard research and was very happy with the output..the sound is great and fresh. The only problem is that i didn't think it can handle high watt speakers..or can it?

Can anyone let me know if this amp can handle high watt speakers such as 150 watt speakers input. Let me know asap
thanks
anoop… Read Full Review

Dan2005's Response to 162198_Anoop007's Review

Written on: 29/03/2005

I have the Acoustic Solutions SP100 amp and i can hadle my 2 500watt splx 12" subs, and the bass is awesome.

Mark Lucas's Response to 162198_Anoop007's Review

Written on: 06/02/2008

There's no point getting 150 watt speakers for this amp, it won't even drive them and you'd be wasting your money. It's always better to get speakers which exceed its 30w per channel but 150w is way too much. What's the point? You can get just as good bass with bookshelf speakers - It's like fitting Ferrari wheels to a Skoda. I tried a pair of 70 watt Wharfedale speakers on this amp, the bass was distorted and at the same level as clean sounding 50w speakers.

Acoustic Solutions SP100

“I bought this Acoustic Solutions SP100 amp for £80...”

Written on: 12/02/2004 by sba99jpd (1 review written)

I bought this Acoustic Solutions SP100 amp for £80 when my previous, far more expensive amp died. After purchasing the Acoustic Solutions DAB radio, I was convinced to purchase this, as not only do they share the same classic but pared-down look, but I know the products to be very user friendly. The sound is great, on par with an amp more than twice as expensive.

One niggle would be that I had to reduce the volume of the signal entering the amp from my CD player, as this was distorting… Read Full Review

Acoustic Solutions SP100

“Bought some Acoustic Soulutions AV20 speakers from...”

Written on: 04/09/2003 by Paul Davidson (2 reviews written)

Bought some Acoustic Soulutions AV20 speakers from Argos and was well impressed, but the trouble I had to go through to get this Acoustic Solutions SP100 amplifier (I live in Carlisle and the nearest shop I could get them was Argos in Hexham).

I had not tried this amplifier out prior to buying it, but had heard lots of very good reports about Acoustic Research and what bargains their separates were. As I drove home I thought to myself, will I be disappointed. Read on to find out.

It really… Read Full Review

Chearmstrong's Response to Paul Davidson's Review

Written on: 18/07/2008

I have this the same amp and speakers - I mainly use the amp and speakers for mixing (connected to my Pioneer DJM 500 mixer) and for sound from my computer (connected to an Creative SoundBlaster external soundcard).<br/><br/>I'm really frustrated with the sound as I feel that it's very lacking. The sound is quite muddy and lacks punch and sparkle. The 'loud' feature or adjusting the bass/treble EQ doesn't seem to help either.<br/><br/>I've use the amp with a pair or Wharfdale Diamond 8.1 floor standing speakers and the sound is actually a lot better. Although, it probably should be a bit better for the speakers.<br/><br/>I'm confused as to whether I should get some new bookshelf speakers or a new amp. I'm on a budget though.

Acoustic Solutions SP100

“This intergrated amp is good value for money with...”

Written on: 14/05/2003 by matt. (1 review written)

This intergrated amp is good value for money with great looks and ideal for a bedroom or study. It would also be perfect as a second amp for biwiring your speakers.

This amp certainly wouldn't look out of place next to a pricey competitor.

If you shop around you can get this amp for less than £100.00 which is pretty good for the spec and quality of this amp… Read Full Review