Mamiya Press/Universal Reviews

• Photograph Quality

Mamiya Press/Universal - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Mamiya Press/Universal

Mamiya Press/Universal

“Mamiya Press/Universal is one of the best portable...”

Written on: 29/06/2009

Mamiya Press/Universal is one of the best portable cameras. Quality at all levels… Read Full Review

Mamiya Press/Universal

“I have had my Mamiya Press/Universal about 20 years....”

Written on: 28/03/2008 by Disco Hater (1 review written)

I have had my Mamiya Press/Universal about 20 years. It is great Camera. I Photograph Places like Venice California. The camera fits in a back pack when I ride my motorcycle. Not when using 220 film when you unload the film to have developed get a film rolling bag "Changing Bag" make sure the film is rapped tight on thr spool or you may expose the film. I really enjoy my camera… Read Full Review

Filmhead's Response to 354919_Disco Hater's Review

Written on: 12/12/2008

I found this review helpful because... it's nice to know there are people out there that recognize what a great camera this is. No menus and nothing automatic. I've never tried it for street photography but it works great for astrophotography with a heavy tripod.

Mamiya Press/Universal

“This is a great camera for hand held medium format...”

Written on: 13/05/2003 by Martin Crabtree. (1 review written)

This is a great camera for hand held medium format photography. Unlike a TLR or even an SLR with a viewing hood, you can hold it like a typical 35mm SLR or rangefinder camera which makes composing and shooting very quick - hence its description as a press camera.

A grip is provided on the left hand side of the camera which has a cable release built in. Frankly, I found the handling better with this removed and my left hand cradling the body like a 35mm camera. The shutter needs to be cocked… Read Full Review

234670_Koop's Response to Martin Crabtree.'s Review

Written on: 19/03/2006

I had had my Mamiya Universal camera about 20 years. Every time I use it the camera does its thing well. I have shot Bungalows in Venice Beach California I have very good results with B&W Film and Color and using a flash.
Camera is hard to focus in low light but can get used to it.