New Look Store Card Reviews

105
  • Ease Of Making A Payment

Summary

Compare the New Look Store Card today. Whether you are looking for a great interest rate or discounts off purchase, why not read or write reviews on the advantages and disadvantages of holding this card. Make comments and help others and yourself to shop around for the best store card avaiable.
New Look Store Card - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for New Look Store Card

New Look Store Card

“Ikano....New Look card. Chasing me for a debt that I...”

Written on: 12/07/2015 by mdPereira438 (1 review written)

Ikano....New Look card. Chasing me for a debt that I have payed off before I left UK couple years ago. Paying through the phone, talking to a robot I had no reciept email or any kind of confirmation. Only prove I paid it's my bank statement. Only thing I could do was screenshot my online banking account and send it to them. I'm in the States now...imposible to do anything else. Was the most stupid idea I could ever have. So usless. For some clothes you get yourself in debt. Really? I don't… Read Full Review

“It's a store card people not free money! ”

Written on: 20/04/2015 by Sherlyn400 (1 review written)

I think the majority of 1 star reviews here are either from young students who have just embarked on the 'real world' or people with less brain cells than a flea. It's a store card not free money. You can't go and blow £100 on the card then moan hour not being treated fairly when you've not paid it off on time and then they are phoning you for the money YOU borrowed off them to feed your fashion habit, and they are causing you 'undue stress' when in actual fact it's yourself that has caused… Read Full Review

“I don't understand how it works”

Written on: 14/01/2015

I was offered this card without a proper explanation of how it worked. I thought it was a points card. I didn't know stores did credit cards. I am very young. I am scared I am I debt and don't know about it… Read Full Review

“TERRIBLE”

Written on: 31/12/2014 by poKlein264 (1 review written)

Signing up for the new look store card will be the worst decision you ever make. You don’t gain anything from it as they do not exactly give you any offers and it’s simply for their own personal gain. Moreover there’s always some kind of issue, I’ve only had the card 2 months and there has been so many problems when making payments. Also, if you want to ring the helpline in order to find a solution it charges you 10P PER MINUTE. The whole service is disgraceful. So disappointed… Read Full Review

Georgeeeeeeeee's Comment

Written on: 23/04/2015

It's a credit card.. You gain the fact that you don't have to pay all the money back straight away!! Maybe people should find out the meaning of cards beige applying for them

“Worst service ever ”

Written on: 11/12/2014 by azhang1 (1 review written)

The card itself is handy but the service that comes with it is HORRENDOUS, for first it's impossible to contact them if your having a problem, secondly I phoned up asking them what the balance was for my card and what payments I had to make, they told me it was only 3 quid (which was the extra fee purposely missing out the fact that I had another balance on the card to pay) which meant that the next month they charged me another extra fee and the next month after that, my balance skyrocketed… Read Full Review

“Incompetent Fools”

Written on: 05/09/2014 by Brent50 (1 review written)

Got a card, never spent a thing on it and have been called three times by payments for £10.41 - Now I have asked the payments team very nicely: "if you want me to pay for this purchases, I never bought, can you tell me exactly what I bought" " nope we don't have any information on this" "so you want me to pay you money, even though you have no idea what I owe it for ?" " yes" "i can't do that as I don't recall buying anything, please tell me what I bought?" "we can't do that as we don't… Read Full Review

Callumraw's Comment

Written on: 30/01/2015

You must be a tad stupid. How on earth do there know what you've spent on the card. It is a finace company,all their know is what you've spent at what store. You never received any statement confirming what transactions have incurred. You really are a stupidious person

“Finally cancelled with New Look”

Written on: 18/08/2014 by Akanekimidori (1 review written)

I finally was able to cancel my New Look card by a house phone, i'm so happy that i didn't have to write to them back and fourth as that sounded stupid on the back of the letter. If you want to stop your card just give them a ring, the people will ask you "Why you wish to close down your account" and just tell them why ad they will close it for you. I cute my card in two, and now will not accept any card for any company, as i have to go through a process of finding a phone that won't… Read Full Review

Sallyfreeman's Response to Akanekimidori's Review

Written on: 21/08/2014

Did you have a purchase that you had to pay off as well?

Akanekimidori's reply to Sallyfreeman's Comment

Written on: 22/08/2014

Nope i had payed everything off in advance right after i signed up with the card as i know what happens when you don't pay off on time it becomes arrears, the only trouble was closing down my account which was easy as ever... i never knew how easy it was... when using a home BT landline, tried with my mobile but it took all my money.

Lizziey1995's reply to Akanekimidori's Comment

Written on: 27/02/2015

did you have to pay to cancel it?

Lizziey1995's Response to Akanekimidori's Review

Written on: 27/02/2015

when do this card come because i signed up to it as i thought it was a points cards cause the women said it was i have got to wait for the card to come to then pay what i have to to then cancel it as i dont need it also od you have to pay to cancel??

“never had a problem with them”

Written on: 29/07/2014 by Lacroixvo66 (1 review written)

Signed up to the card to save some money on a new coat. The sales assistant was great, I didn't feel any pressure to sign up for it and she explained everything to me really well (probably spent about 45 minutes talking to her about it all before deciding to go for it). The card arrived about a week later so no problems receiving it and logging onto the website was easy. First time I came to pay for it was dead simple. my payment went through easily and I have never had a late payment in the… Read Full Review

Ksummerville's Comment

Written on: 07/08/2014

Quick question, do you just pay of what you have spent? So if I buy a top for £10, I just pay £10 if its on time? Or is there a charge for having it every month and I have to pay that off regardless of it I buy things or not?

“Tricked into getting a card”

Written on: 25/07/2014 by Medina291 (1 review written)

You are basically tricked into obtaining a card "Some People" state well you could read it and know that you are going into a "Contract" but the WORDS are SMALL how can you see there and then that you are signing one? The people who work in the company are forced by the company to make people sign up. If you ever get asked by New Look or any other company say Not Interested" or sorry not interested. I too got duped by the company because the woman at the till stated it was like a POINT… Read Full Review

“New Look/Ikano - In arrears due to no fault of my own!!!”

Written on: 18/07/2014 by 2plus2myfamily (1 review written)

I got a New Look card on my last visit, I brought a few items and paid cash but while I was at the counter the lady asked if I would like a card. I queried what the perks would be and after hearing that I would receive a £5 voucher straight off and also monthly deals I thought it was worth taking one out. My top was £17.99, I was told that I would receive a statement and I could come in-store or pay at a pay point shop. I am still awaiting this statement but have received a call this… Read Full Review

Lyoung29's Response to 2plus2myfamily's Review

Written on: 11/10/2014

This has just happened to me. Opened account on 30th August. Emailed for me to call them on 9th Oct, informed me I am overdue and charged £12.
I hadn't received a statement although they insisted I had been emailed one.
They refunded my charge, I paid off and closed account, although this has gone against my credit rating!
Today, 11th Oct, my statement arrives!

Lyoung29's Response to 2plus2myfamily's Review

Written on: 11/10/2014

I hadn't received a statement although they insisted I had been emailed one.
Today, 11th Oct, my statement arrives!

“shocking service”

Written on: 21/06/2014 by 262Proctor (1 review written)

had a card with these for years and was charged every time for being a day late when id requested and was assured payment date had been changed. recieving numerous calls(up to 8 a day) even though it had been explained time and time again. some of the bullying tactics and calls had me in tears. worst ever company to deal with, will do anything to b given an excuse to charge you mor and more then hound you until you are at your wits end. never ever take one of these cards… Read Full Review

“Ok - until you don't recieve your monthly paper bill!”

Written on: 04/04/2014 by FabianSmart (1 review written)

I've had my new look card for a few years now & it does come in handy for those occasions when you havnt yet been paid but need clothes for a night out ! The APR is quite high considering this card is aimed at students / teens & twenty something's. I have had to pay numerous arrears fees of £12 because I havnt received my monthly statement /bill on time - sometimes if at all!! - but this is not a suprise as they have been taken over by IKANO & I have the same problem with my ikea card. I have… Read Full Review

Carabradslow's Comment

Written on: 30/01/2015

The odd late payment doesn't affect you getting a mortgage you idiot

“Average Company”

Written on: 25/03/2014 by 242Morales (1 review written)

Hi, I have used them in the past and their quality have been ok but recently the customer services at their oxford store has been appalling. They were rude to me and my wife, did not want to understand our problem and offered no help to rectify it. … Read Full Review

Paddypoweres's Comment

Written on: 05/05/2014

What's this got to do with the store card? Idiot!

“Terrible and a pain in the a**”

Written on: 25/03/2014 by hiWatkins23 (1 review written)

I went into a new look store one day just to get some shoes for work and as I was in my work uniform I think the woman thought she would target me to get a store card, as you are supposed to be in work to have one so you can pay it off, at first I said no 2 times, but she wouldn't get the point that I didn't want one and kept running on about all these 'great' things about it so I said yes to shut her up. What a mistake that was! Having one of these makes temptations harder as you think 'oh… Read Full Review

Kathysbigmouth's Comment

Written on: 05/05/2014

You have no sympathy from me,it's your own stupid fault living beyond your means!!

Kayleigh661's Comment

Written on: 05/05/2014

Not lookin for simpathy thanks

Damejoancollims's Comment

Written on: 30/01/2015

Your grammar is appalling. Judging from this I guess you didn't go to school. You clearly cannot spell. Your clearly cannot handle any form off credit. I am guessing your part off the council white trash.

“Please avoid at all costs!!”

Written on: 12/02/2014

I got the card out because I had an interview before my payday and had no suitable clothes. I spent £50, set up my account online, paid the £50 and thought "this is great." I used the card once more in this time. About four weeks later I was getting bombarded with texts and emails that they needed to speak to me. I was intimidated by the texts and emails but phoned them to ascertain the problem. They insisted I hadn't paid and had incurred charges which made me hit my balance. I checked my… Read Full Review

Princess89's Comment

Written on: 18/02/2014

Ive just got one but I haveto sign it and send it back, not sure what to do, will they charged if i don't use it

“brilliant for buy now pay later”

Written on: 30/01/2014 by leax123 (1 review written)

I've had the new look store card now for over 4 years and never had a problem with, i would go in store to purchase items use my store card then budget the cost at the end of each month to pay over the phone before 5th of each month. The ikano website is easy and quick to use although i keep forgetting my password :). Shopping online is also quick and easy when using my store card too. I was fully aware of what I was signing up for, the assistant was very helpful and answered my questions when… Read Full Review

“easy as pie!”

Written on: 15/01/2014

This is my first store card and ive had it for about 9months ive had no problems what so ever. The online payment account is so easy and you receive an email around 3 weeks prior to paytime. Yes there are charges if u have a late payment ect but that's pretty standard.. just keep on top of it! Once I accidentally left £3.50 and 2 days after it was due (I didnt realise I hadnt paid it) I received a phonecall telling me the outstanding balance and that I wouldnt be charged and I was able to pay… Read Full Review

Pippet34's Comment

Written on: 08/02/2014

For the first time in 6 years I missed the payment deadline through ill health. I always settle my account in full at the end of each month, but as I said I kissed the payment date by 2 days and was charged £12.

“MISLEADING ”

Written on: 13/01/2014

Awful! I applied for New Look card a week ago and go a letter this morning explaining I was successful and to sign agreement send back and then I'll recover my card in ten days. I phoned to see what the credit limit would be and to chat to them about pros and cons (after reading shocking reviews!) and discovered that my application was still in referral and they'd only posted that letter in error! The guy said it was probably to help them hurry the application, so they had lied! I told him that… Read Full Review

Laurenwatters's Comment

Written on: 12/02/2014

What number did you call? I did this today and I would really like to cancel

“Absolutely Awful!”

Written on: 06/01/2014

I was fobbed into applying for one of these cards in a new look store by a clueless sales advisor who couldn't tell me anything about the pros and cons of the card. I then received the card with arrears on it as it took so long to arrive. Any month it wasn't paid, arrears of £12 were added. I had lots of trouble logging onto the online payment site, and was told my passcode was wrong, when in actual fact it was correct. Even when the payment was made, I was constantly hounded with phone calls… Read Full Review

“New Look store card”

Written on: 05/11/2013 by Reigine90 (1 review written)

I've had a New Look store card since February 2013 and I can honestly say I've never had a problem with it. The online payment system is easy to use and probably use it once a month. I'm rather surprised about all the negative reviews it has accumulated!… Read Full Review