Kuramathi Tourist Island - Kuramathi Village Reviews

Kuramathi Tourist Island - Kuramathi Village - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Kuramathi Tourist Island - Kuramathi Village

Kuramathi Tourist Island - Kuramathi Village
Kuramathi Tourist Island - Kuramathi Village

“We went there for are honeymoon in April 2005, we...”

Written on: 14/01/2010 by yasdnil (1 review written)

We went there for are honeymoon in April 2005, we thought it was the most amazing & beautiful place we had ever seen!!!! We have no regrets about this island & would recomend it to anyone !!
We walked around the whole island exploring, the bars & resturants were excellent & the service outstanding !!!!
We have so many wonderful memories of are 2wk stay & really didn't want to come home !!!
If you want to relax, sunbath on pure white sand,swim in a cristal clear blue ocean,snorkle to see… Read Full Review

“For the first time in my life I knew what paradise was...”

Written on: 18/08/2009

For the first time in my life I knew what paradise was like. The staff at Kuramathi Village were second to none and they made us feel like family, I will be back!!!… Read Full Review

“Problems started from arrival in Male (airport) where...”

Written on: 23/12/2008 by pilsbree (1 review written)

Problems started from arrival in Male (airport) where the arrivals clerk had no paperwork pertaining to our seaplane transfer. As such (and despite us having the relevant documentation ourselves) we were offered a chance to "get on the boat now as you are holding up the other people" or to wait 5 hours for the next scheduled seaplane (taxi service is not quite an accurate description). Arrival in Kuramathi was chaotic as there was not enough staff to process the amount of people that had just… Read Full Review

“Large Island, so the guests are quite spread out, if...”

Written on: 17/10/2008

Large Island, so the guests are quite spread out, if you move away from the beach where the bars are, you could be there on the beach on your own. All inclusive works well, better than others we have tried, if you just want simple drinks and a few cocktails then there is no need for any spending money. No shops. No Nightclub. Great Staff both Local and from Sri Lanka. They look after returning guests with top rate rooms and best tables. Food good. bad points, not there for long enough and… Read Full Review

“The All Inclusive, staff, romance, totally relaxing....”

Written on: 21/08/2008 by J Anniston (1 review written)

The All Inclusive, staff, romance, totally relaxing. Best holiday ever - paradise.

Top tips: don't change £ to Maldivian currency, they only use US$. We enjoyed the All Inclusive, they had a 12 page cocktail list - hiccup! Saw sharks, fish, rays, lizards, geckos, fruit bats. So cool swimming with the sharks - they are completely harmless. Sea is like swimming in a bath, so warm and clear. The sand was almost white and felt like talcum powder. It is difficult to put the Maldives experience into… Read Full Review

“Kuramathi Tourist Island - Kuramathi Village....”

Written on: 27/04/2008 by jasonfaz (1 review written)

Kuramathi Tourist Island - Kuramathi Village. Absolutely the best place ever just chill, relax and enjoy. Swim near the huts overlooking the sea and swim with turtles and sharks and lion fish etc etc etc just paradise… Read Full Review

“What can I say, this island was just paradise on...”

Written on: 30/10/2007 by Kentish (1 review written)

What can I say, this island was just paradise on earth! I planned to go again this year but fell pregnant, never mind, I am sure we will be back there again very soon. Can't wait!… Read Full Review

“My wife and I have just returned from 2 weeks on...”

Written on: 22/02/2007 by HansStewart (2 reviews written)

My wife and I have just returned from 2 weeks on Kuramathi. It was by far the best holiday, in the most fantastic location we have ever been on. Our accomodation was room 247 in the cottage and spa, a water bungalow, from which we could go down our own private steps into warm Azure water, teeming with marine life. The reef was a 2 minute snorkel away but can be tricky to get over at low tide, those with children should consider a boat trip, where I encountered grey tipped reef sharks and manta… Read Full Review

“Kuramathi is very informal and you can relax in the...”

Written on: 19/02/2007 by DebbieandAl (1 review written)

Kuramathi is very informal and you can relax in the truest sense of the word - this is what I call a proper holiday. Do as little as you like. As far as money is concerned if you don't want to spend another penny you don't need to. The rooms are very comfortable and all the staff are very friendly. Paradise and we'll be back soon… Read Full Review

“My advice to anyone is go and see for yourself and I...”

Written on: 18/02/2007 by lynnystirlo (1 review written)

My advice to anyone is go and see for yourself and I am sure you will not be disappointed. We are retuning to The Village this April after trying Bandos Island last year, although Bandos was very very nice we just felt a bit more at home at Kuramathi, everyone was very friendly and it was just very laid back. Roll on April! We never had any trouble with paying extra for water when on the all inclusive package. I think as long as you do your research so you know exactly what to expect when you… Read Full Review

“We have been to Kuramathi Village 3 times now, and we...”

Written on: 08/07/2006 by Gaster (2 reviews written)

We have been to Kuramathi Village 3 times now, and we are looking to book again soon. This is the most perfect location for a chill out holiday, with staff who want to make your stay as good as possible. The island is large enough to make it worthwhile going for a walk round it, to try to compensate for the excellent food.

The rooms are cleaned twice a day, and the sheets are folded in intricate patterns. Talk to the staff, they will love you for it and make an extra effort for you.

Go… Read Full Review

274570_Jillgere's Response to Gaster's Review

Written on: 15/01/2007

I have been to the Maldives 7 times now, and have taken both my children since they were 1 year old. Our next trip will be my sons 5th visit (he is seven). As to whether it is a child friendly island is a very personal thing. Both my children (who are 4 and 7) have been to the Maldives many times, and they love it. Swimming, snorkeling, spending time together. I enjoy the company of my children, and I would never send them to a kids club any where in the world. And yes they have been to Disney, and would still rather go to the Maldives - Adults are not the only ones who can appreciate paradise!

Joshaw's Response to Gaster's Review

Written on: 30/01/2008

we are going to kurathmi in 3 weeks time with our daughters 18 and 21 to celebrate their birthdays. they love the sun and relaxing & unfortunately some karoke we are all inclusive which is essential at their age!
<br/>
<br/>They along with ourselves will love the massages we are going to introduce them to snorkling we ourselves having been to Maayafushi last feb which was fantastic are very much looking forward to going again.
<br/>
<br/>In reply to previouscomments with reference to young children well they absolutely love sea and sand I think its an excellant choice of holiday for them the maldives are not just for singles and older couples providing they are well behaved at mealtimes then I have no worries
<br/>
<br/>enjoy the islands theyre fab!

Jsnbrch's Response to Gaster's Review

Written on: 14/02/2007

Hi there,
<br/>Fair comment, but on the flip side, do you not think it's a little bit selfish considering people have gone to Kuramathi Village to avoid small children. People who have gone for a quiet romantic holiday. I Love children myself, however if there isn't much for them to do, then they will use their imagination, which usually means noise and running around.
<br/>Take Care,
<br/>Jason

“The location of Kuramathi Village in the Maldives is...”

Written on: 25/06/2006 by Jean Saunders (1 review written)

The location of Kuramathi Village in the Maldives is absolutely wonderful. It is a large island with lots of space. We were told that it was fully booked, but some days we only saw other people at meal times. This island is a must for all romantics. All of the staff are without exception, from the Kuoni representative (Mr T), waiters, room boys and reception staff etc., were all eager to help us to enjoy our stay on the island, and they were always happy and smiling.

A must for the… Read Full Review

“SNORKELLING - The singular best thing for me was the...”

Written on: 20/06/2006 by Gez1975 (2 reviews written)

SNORKELLING - The singular best thing for me was the amazing snorkelling off the island, fish of every variety and colour could be seen just 50 yards off shore. We also went on a cruise and had the amazing good fortune to be joined by a number of dolphin pods who proceeded to swim in the bow wave and leap out of the water every few seconds - out of this world!!!

THE FOOD - If you opted for the buffet and avoided the stuff they made to cater specifically for the British/German/East European… Read Full Review

Missbehaving's Response to Gez1975's Review

Written on: 21/06/2006

Thanks Gez for a great review. We have often thought about that destination for our holidays and now that we have a recommendation for a hotel, I am certainly going to browse the net to look for a good deal.

“Kuramathi Tourist Island i the Maldives is a really...”

Written on: 08/06/2006 by MaggieE (1 review written)

Kuramathi Tourist Island i the Maldives is a really good holiday base. Having been to a large and small island previously, I have always steered away from Kuramathi as I knew it was a large island, but how wrong I was! It never felt large or full. The dining room felt relaxed, and so did the bar and the coffee shop. The staff were attentive, and to go all that way for just one week was great. I would recommend this island to anyone. Being a larger island, but being divided into 3 resorts… Read Full Review

“We loved Kuramathi Village in the Maldives so much...”

Written on: 16/05/2006 by pulham (1 review written)

We loved Kuramathi Village in the Maldives so much that we are going back in June 2006.

This place is not just an underwater paradise, it draws you back like a majestic magnet time and time again.

Everybody we met was so friendly, and we had many a cocktail until the wee hours with them.

Staff were great, and if you talk about English football teams they get all excited. Take them an old footy shirt, and you will have a friend for life (def kids size)!!

The Food was lovely, especially the… Read Full Review

“The island was fully booked when we were there, but it...”

Written on: 03/03/2006 by aggybaggy (1 review written)

The island was fully booked when we were there, but it did not feel like it. We had beaches to ourselves most days, and we only really saw people in the main restaurant and in the bar! The one day we went to the Island Barbecue we were the only people in there! It was fantastic!

When you have your first meal there make sure you get a nice table with a view, as they will then reserve the table for you for the rest of your stay. If you go as close to the beach as you can, there will be a nice… Read Full Review

“1. Kuramathi Tourist Island is not an intimate island....”

Written on: 12/02/2006 by Lambrias (2 reviews written)

1. Kuramathi Tourist Island is not an intimate island. There are three resorts with a taxi traversing back and forth. This means:
(a)If you want a drink when on the beach you often have to walk 15 minutes to your room.
(b) You cannot get a drink from the bar as you cannot use your all inclusive anywhere on the island, but only in the resort closest to your room.

2.The Bungalows are set back from the beach, many set in a kind of Semi Circle Shape. This means:
(a) In most Bungalows you cannot… Read Full Review

Nmason's Response to Lambrias's Review

Written on: 21/03/2006

Complete Rubbish!!!
What do these people expect!!! Do they want this island to themselves?
If the bungalows were any closer they would be in the water! If it was full of sun beds it would look like "Costa del sol” this place is unique!
Oh and as for taking 15 mins to get back to the room it took us only 15 mins to walk the length of the island!!! And if you don’t like kids well just move along the beach (we were all kids once) what’s the problem?
Check other people’s comments. I’ve travelled quite extensively around the world myself and this is definitely at the top of my list, don’t get put off try it for yourself!
We went first 2 weeks in May 05 sunny every day but one. Loved it going back May 06.

Philcd's Response to Lambrias's Review

Written on: 30/12/2007

Hello All
<br/>
<br/>I've been looking at several sites for info on The Maldives including reviews. All the comments here have been most helpful in helping me choose my resort to visit. You could do worse than have a look at www.the-complete-maldives-holiday-guide.com They don't do holidays but they do have information in abundance I've found helpful among other site searches I've done.
<br/>Regards all and Happy New Year
<br/>Phil

Written on: 26/06/2007

I want to point out that whilst some of the factors were in respect of features outside of the control of the staff at the resort, most of my comments are not.
<br/>
<br/>The poor layout, poor customer service, the poor facilities, the lack of feel good factor, you know that feeling you get when you first see paradise. The screaming kids, the difficulty to use the all inclusive, poor entertaining, poor excursions and to top it all it lacks precisely what makes the Maldives so special, which is intimacy and a feeling of being in paradise. Kuramathi was more like Maldives meets the Spanish Costa.

290625_Katmoz33's Response to Lambrias's Review

Written on: 26/05/2007

I don't think you can blame the holiday resort for your delay or the rain! That was just unlucky, I went to Kuramathi just over a year ago, I thought it was stunning, very clean, peaceful and I would highly recommend it. Shame you didn't enjoy it but I feel some of your comments are not a reflection on the place itself ie the weather! My advice is pay a little bit extra and go when it's not the rainy season.

Thought's Response to Lambrias's Review

Written on: 14/03/2007

Lambrias, I have been to Kuramathi five times and while I appreciate it is not one of the most intimate islands, being 1km long and 200 yards wide! I still think it as possibly one of the most amazing places on the planet. Why do the Cotton Club in the Village, when more casual is so much better. It is truly all inclusive, you don't pay for a bottle of water as you do elsewhere on the island. On a general note, the main beach on Kuramathi is tiny but you still find the nearest person to you is 10+ metres away. There is usually only 10 people on the beach at any one time and of course there is always the more secluded parts of the island! My over-riding experience of Kuramathi is that if you want to be alone, you can be but if you fancy being social just hit the bar! Oh I forgot about the moonlight skinny dipping, oh the stars are stunning and the crabs, I have many happy memories at 1 in the morning chasing hundreds of the little buggers off the beach. It was fun, walking up the beach and seeing this mass of crabs parting as you walked, amazing! Don't knock it, that was a holiday of a lifetime! Hoping to go back later this year, beware of the rainy season, even during the good season you get a couple of days of rain but it's fun and sociable. Feb and Sep I've found best. Anyway, that's my tuppence worth!

Written on: 02/04/2006

I am sorry for not taking the time to wander the island notebook in hand trying to work out how many children there were and where they were staying.
<br>
<br>The truth of the matter is there were 5 children on the beach at the coconut village from 29.5.2005 to 6.6.2005, because I saw them with my own eyes.
<br>
<br>As for the memories all I remember is the 30 hours at Gatwick the near riot when all the holidaymakers refused point blank to be taken to Eastbourne (on the second day of the delay) then the near non stop torrential rain when we finally got to the island ( I have video evidence of all of this and many letters from Monarch and Kuoni in support of all this)
<br>
<br>As for moving we felt compelled to move to a water bungalow simply to get away from all the noise of these children, even if we could not get away from the rain.

Bluemango's Response to Lambrias's Review

Written on: 23/03/2006

lambrias
I was on the Island at the same time as you and have come away with some amazing memories and was lucky to have met some lovely people several of whom I am still in touch with.
You are quite wrong about the children, there were seven children on the Island, two families were travelling together so that makes four adults and they had five children between them.
The other two on the Island were the daughter of the manger (who resides there) and my daughter.
As you found the Island large and less than intimate I am suprised you were not able to escape to the other two resorts to get away from them.
Kuramathi is proud of the fact that it is a family friendly island, if you really do not want to be SURROUNDED by children can I suggest you book one of the adult only Islands.

Written on: 21/03/2006

Complete Rubbish!!! What does this person expect!!! The whole point of the Maldives is to relax and indeed have as much of the place to themselves as possible? Actually on most other islands you can lie in your bed and gaze out over the sea, and this experience truly is like no other holiday on earth. That is the charm, indeed the bungalows are very close to the water! You don’t need a hundred sun beds just a handful for those that want them. That would make all the difference. Oh and as for taking 15 minis to get back to the room just get a map of the island. From memory it is at least a mile Long!!! The point about kids is that most other more romantic resorts don’t really cater for them. As Kuramathi does, it is worth pointing this out to the unsuspecting traveller. I’ve travelled quite extensively around the Maldives myself and this is one is a disappointment, it simply spoils all the things that are the best of the Maldives.

“We have been to the Maldives 3 times. Twice to...”

Written on: 24/11/2005 by Beach Martin (1 review written)

We have been to the Maldives 3 times. Twice to Kuramathi and once to Lily Beach. We would go back to Kuramathi tomorrow! We had a Deluxe room, and it was cracking. Staff are good too… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“My husband and I are going back to Kuramathi Village...”

Written on: 21/11/2005 by monicafrayne (1 review written)

My husband and I are going back to Kuramathi Village in the Maldives for Christmas and New Year, and this will be our forth visit to Kuramathi. We have been to three other islands, and although they were very nice, for us, they did not compare. We are looking forward to seeing the new restaurant, and we are sure it will be a stunning addition, having been shown the plans and walked the site in June of this year. Christmas on the island is fabulous, and although a Muslim country, the hotel and… Read Full Review

Gaster's Response to monicafrayne's Review

Written on: 09/07/2006

You will love the new restaurant. Much more room and well laid out with lots more sea views to be had whilst dining. Wish we were going back at Christmas!

“I have to be honest and say that there is absolutely...”

Written on: 17/10/2005 by cmil (1 review written)

I have to be honest and say that there is absolutely nothing wrong with Kuramathi, it truly is paradise. We had a bit of a bad start as the resorts larger boat had broken down, and we had to transfer from the airport to the resort via a smaller speed boat. I have sea legs, and I must be honest I found it tough going! However, we did get the seaplane back and found it to be an excellent service, so I'd advise paying the extra for the plane, particularly if you're fresh out of sea legs!

The… Read Full Review