Jessops Reviews

• Layout of shop

Jessops - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Jessops

Jessops

“Ordered a canon 24-70mm Lens, Jessops delivered a...”

Written on: 30/03/2011

Ordered a canon 24-70mm Lens, Jessops delivered a Canon EOS 550. Customer service none existent. Staff unhelpful and rude and couldn't give a damn. I will never shop with them again and people wonder why this brand is struggling… Read Full Review

“visited yesterday Jessops and that was a JOKE!!! They...”

Written on: 02/03/2011

visited yesterday Jessops and that was a JOKE!!! They fu*** d my 2/out of 3... ! I went in and gived my receipt to sales guy, ( btw i paid by card for 3 films 19.50! Why? Because they charge you 4.50 just for paying by card not informing custumer about it!!!) He took it and gave me my "purchase", than kindly went somewhere. Good that i look what was inside bag as was suspisciously too light for 3 film rolls... Any way if you giving them film to develop, usually after you get free 35mm film… Read Full Review

“Really need to get this off my chest i am so angry...”

Written on: 19/02/2011

Really need to get this off my chest i am so angry with the way i have been treated today in Jessops Torquay i took a my camere in to be repaired in January . I was aked to leave a deposit of £25.00 and if i wanted the repair doing this would come off my bill if not it would loose the £25.00. No problem ther so i payed the Dave the £25.00 and he asked me to sign a receipt to say ive payed the £25.00 and have gone to pick up my camera today in Febuary i spoke to the store manager Keith he went… Read Full Review

“Jessops are clueless. ”

Written on: 29/01/2011

Jessops are clueless.

I went to the Norwich store in order to buy Nikon Capture NX2.

The assistant told me that it was not stocked because it was only possible to buy it direct from Nikon.

I sighed, and bought it (stocked in store) from Warehouse Express instead.

The finance deals from Jessops did temp me (looking at expensive Nikon pro zooms) but the customer service is reminiscent of Dixons.

In the good old days Jessops was a real photography store, but are now just a box shifter.

“Great buy,but if looking to buy a heavy order make...”

Written on: 24/12/2010

Great buy,but if looking to buy a heavy order make sure you have a external bag,because Jessops bags are poor for the price you pay,my own stuff nearly ended up on the ground… Read Full Review

“Having ordered a StoFen diffuser from Jessops I have...”

Written on: 20/07/2010 by rowntree (1 review written)

Having ordered a StoFen diffuser from Jessops I have enquired many time about the where abouts of this item. The first excuse was that the supplier probably had no stock, an eMail to StoFen asking the question what is the situation, resulted in, firstly, they cannot comment on dealer matters and secondly, the diffuser I ordered from Jessops was a stock item as were all StoFen diffusers. I have received mild excuses since and I have suggested that the matter should be reported to Trading… Read Full Review

“I'm not normally the sort of person to leave reviews...”

Written on: 09/05/2010

I'm not normally the sort of person to leave reviews but after my experience with Jessops I just felt I had to, if only to warn other people away from them.
I placed an order online for a Sigma 150mm f2.8 lens on April 5th and I knew it was on back-order but it was such a good price and there was 6 months interest-free finance available on it, that I went ahead. It stated to 'Allow up to 28 days for delivery'
I emailed Jessops on 21st April to get an update on delivery and was told that they… Read Full Review

“I ordered Nikon D700, a lens and a spare battery. The...”

Written on: 10/04/2010

I ordered Nikon D700, a lens and a spare battery. The items were (claimed to be) in stock and guaranteed as next day delivery with DHL for as long as ordered before 5pm.

The items were despatched late in the afternoon the day after I placed the order (I could follow this via Jessop's and DHL's tracking orders) and did not arrive the next day. I called DHL to complain, they said they never guarantee next day deliveries and that the customer (i.e. Jessops) would have known this. Jessops promises… Read Full Review

“Ordered camera for promised pre-xmas delivery. Xmas...”

Written on: 09/01/2010 by gvs544 (2 reviews written)

Ordered camera for promised pre-xmas delivery. Xmas Eve, waited all in day - nothing. Phoned later that day, they stated the order was still in their queue even though their website had promised a delivery day. Canceled order there and then. This company is an absolute waste of my and probally your time. Have had to rate it 1 star even though it does deserve any… Read Full Review

“I just wanted to briefly share this mornings...”

Written on: 01/12/2009

I just wanted to briefly share this mornings experience with Jessops since it is quite alarming.

Over a month ago I placed an order online for a carrying case and a tripod. Both were listed as in stock and although the bag came in a few days, the tripod is still not here since it was not infact in stock and was placed on back order. Yesterday it had been over 5 weeks so I emailed to enquire as to when I could expect it. They replied this morning saying that the tripod was ready for dispatch… Read Full Review

“I bought pack of Energizer Lithium Photo pk of 2 at a...”

Written on: 18/11/2009

I bought pack of Energizer Lithium Photo pk of 2 at a JESSOPS store in Ealing. I paid £ 15 and is sold for about 2 to 4 pounds anywhere else. When I called the head office they said they can sell it for any price they want and if I dont like it then I dont have to buy it. Spoke to someone called Jay. He had think think before giving me his name and thought longer when I asked him where they are based. They rip off coustomers.. DONT GO THERE!!!… Read Full Review

“Checked my photo on the viewer and ordered. PickED it...”

Written on: 07/11/2009

Checked my photo on the viewer and ordered. PickED it up the next day.
The detail in the darker areas of the photo were missing and the sky blue was a whity blue colour nothing like the preview on their machine. I was told they knew of the problem but it wasn't within their remit to adjust the machine as it was set to auto. So the picture was OK but not very good. It was taken with a Canon EOS 4OOD. (I adjusted it using Canon software.) I won't go there again for an A4 photo.
I'd like to know… Read Full Review

“I looked at a Fugi S 200 EXR on the internet on...”

Written on: 21/10/2009

I looked at a Fugi S 200 EXR on the internet on Jessops site also a Nikon P90, was unsure of which one to buy. I travelled to there local store decided on the Fugi I said I wished to buy it at the internet price which was 8% cheaper, this was refused so I had to travel home, (20 miles) order on the internet and then travel back to the store, pay for it and collect it. After complaining by e-mail I recieved an apology and was told I should have been able to buy in store at the cheaper price… Read Full Review

“Jessops are horrible! The staff is friendly if you are...”

Written on: 27/08/2009

Jessops are horrible! The staff is friendly if you are purchasing. However, when something goes wrong with your purchase and you take it back, they are really nasty!

They do *NOT* deal with Sony dorectly, have some intermidiary repair agents, that they refuse to give the name of. The repair agents look at stuff and only then pass it on to Sony.

Its such a hassel! Please, PLEASE, dont buy anything bigger than a memory card from Jessops, especially not a camera!

☆☆☆☆☆

“They do not seem to understand the concept of customer...”

Written on: 15/11/2008 by chrisjpj (1 review written)

They do not seem to understand the concept of customer service of having items in stock- ruined my wedding and honeymoon by failing to deliver a camera ordered will in advance which was 'instock' - these guys are useless do not use them… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“Last week it took FIVE days to complete 8x36 films, it...”

Written on: 07/08/2008

Last week it took FIVE days to complete 8x36 films, it was just one problem after another!… Read Full Review

“I will never buy anything from Jessops again! 6 months...”

Written on: 26/06/2008 by guler (1 review written)

I will never buy anything from Jessops again! 6 months ago I bought a camera from Jessops and I had all kind of troubles with it. The camera came with a manufacturing fault and they keep it in repair for last 3 months and every time they call and say it is repaired it is coming with an apparently new and worse fault. With the camera I also paid for the Jessops insurance but they won't refund or change the camera.

I would never suggest Jessops to anyone, I am sure you can find much more better… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“It's now the 20th December, and I am about to do my...”

Written on: 21/12/2007

It's now the 20th December, and I am about to do my last bit of Christmas shopping, and I find that Jessops have taken £100 out of my bank for an order I cancelled over two weeks previous.
I ordered on the 2nd of December but was informed after ordering that it might not arrive before Christmas, so I went and bought one from Currys for £10 more, but at least I had it in my hand. I went on the Jessops website to cancel and found that unlike most websites that allow you to click on 'cancel' and… Read Full Review

“The Purpose of this review is to compare the two film...”

Written on: 09/10/2003 by ah207 (1 review written)

The Purpose of this review is to compare the two film development outlets Boots and Jessops. Alas, for those of us who aspire to the heady heights of "amateur photography" - we are still at the mercy of film developers. Over the past 20 years or so, I have tried them all - those horrible little "1-hour" kiosks on the High street, the supermarket "we-print-while-you-shop" deals, even tried and tested old work-horses such as Boots and Jessops (UK). What do they all have in common ? They have all… Read Full Review

Croker's Response to ah207's Review

Written on: 18/12/2003

As an ex-branch manager of Jessops, and someone who left that industry over 6 years ago, I just felt it important to make a point.
<br>
<br>Big companies DO have "company policies" which should give a level of uniformity to their branches, however in a specialist retail field such as photography the quality of service you will recieve invariably is down to the individual you end up speaking to.
<br>
<br>Even 10 years ago the number of people with a background in using and learning photography via manual SLRs, who were THEN prepared to enter into the retail trade, was beginning to wane.
<br>You will undoubtably have encountered assistants who still have lingering memories of puberty and couldn't tell an OM10 from a T90, however in current technologies related to digital imaging I'm sure they could run rings round many of us.
<br>
<br>My advice to any enthusiast is to get to know the people at your local branch, and to approach the appropriate one for the appropriate query.
<br>
<br>Many MANY times across a 10 year career in that sector, spanning several firms (including Fox Talbot) I encountered customers who required the benefit of the collective knowledge of the in-branch staff. Those who asked for assistance were more than happy to wait a moment for the person with the most appropriate knowledge to become available.
<br>Those who demanded an immediate solution, however, would immediately complain at the prospect of a short wait. Heaven knows why, accurate advice will save them more time than trying to figure it out. Especially given that most folk have already tried to figure out a solution before they are prepared to ask.
<br>
<br>One more comment... Sarcasm! Unless you know the assistant you are dealing with just DON'T use it! They, like the rest of us, are just doing their jobs. If you are unhappy with their performance then highlight it clearly, or better still bring it to the attention of their manager. In fact - if you happen to be delighted with their performance please do the same.
<br>
<br>Across my time in the industry I have met and dealt with everyone from my own father ( a seasoned pro in motorsports photography) to David Suchet and even a delightfully innebriated Richard Harris (RIP) one Christmas Eve looking for a camera to use on Christmas Day. Many regular customers caught up with me as I moved from branch to branch.
<br>
<br>On announcing my change in career all those years ago one of them asked me "who on earth do I go to now?", I turned and looked at my staff and told him "between these six people there is all the expertise you could ask for, just accept that it may take two or three of them to pull together and help answer your problems"

Toytrain's Response to ah207's Review

Written on: 04/11/2005

If you feel so confident that you know so much about processing then why don't you use a pro lab instead of wasting the time of high street lab assistants.
<br>
<br>A pro lab may be able to answer all of your sarcastic questions as they deal with pseudo-amateurs everyday who claim to know much about the trade witout actually confessing they don't.

Croker's Response to ah207's Review

Written on: 15/01/2004

Snappy Snaps, I have to say, do represent excellent service - and quite frankly even as a member of Jessops staff I used them. Admittedly not exclusively, but back then there were far fewer Jessops stores with labs on site, and if I wanted prints in a hurry, and Snappy Snaps were near to my location, they'd get the business.
<br>
<br>I do agree they have a very professional approach, despite not actually being a "pro lab".... however they do specialise in one field only.... and if you want equipment advice they may not be as versatile.
<br>
<br>As in my previous comments I did work for a number of firms during my time in the industry... I know what goes on behind closed doors, and as a consumer I'm picky about who I give my business to.. The only hesitation I EVER have with either Snappy Snaps or Jessops is which of the two I'd use for prints... the answer usually being whichever is more convenient based on my present location and time requirements.
<br>
<br>I will say this though, purely on equipment purchases.... I will absolutely NEVER purchase an item from any branch of any company who cannot field a member of staff who knows MORE about the product than I do. If I get my lottery win and head off to get a new Contax system (for example) I'll make my purchase via an appropriate specialist!

Richydick's Response to ah207's Review

Written on: 13/01/2004

It's interesting that the reviewer mentions 'snappy snaps', accidentally using this name an a generic way to refer to high street photo processing kiosk. I came accross Snappy Snaps a couple of years ago when I was working in London and have used them ever since. The quality of the product and the service received was first rate, with the staff seeming to bend over backwards to be helpful.
<br>They are also used by many professional photographers because of their ability to meet the customers' requirments.
<br>If the reviewer were to take his photos to Snappy Snaps he might be pleasently surprised.

Usha45's Response to ah207's Review

Written on: 24/12/2003

i have been working for the company since 1999 although i spent some time away studying at university. I have spent most of my time working in smaller equipment orientated store and some time working in a mini-lab equipped store. i have to agree with that last comment about expecting the assistant to know exactly what you want. The majority of customers who leave film in our hands for d&p are pleased with the service we offer, be it kodak processed or in store process. These orders can be ran through the machines almost automatically and be ready very quickly. Although it is almost common knowledge now that if you have extremely important or professional developing to be done then you would bring it to a pro lab where you can have a lot more say in how your prints would come out. Most would say that its worth the extra money.
<br>
<br>Its almost funny to watch hundreds of customers bundle into a small store to leave and collect prints after the summer or christmas holidays and expect all 1hour or even 24 hour services to function normally, they cant imagine that they perhaps arent the only people who need to get a film developed at the time.
<br>
<br>Its unfair to other customers wishing to make enquiries about say a broken SLR or needing assistance on choosing some filters for a new field of photography they wish to persue when the salesman with the best knowledge in that area is stuck with D&P customers having to explain why there is a delay on the mini lab or why they cannot have thier photos in an hour.
<br>
<br>Its very true to say that individual sales advisors have the knowledge in different areas, i myself could talk for hours about differences in the camcorder formats and the pros and cons of each, or how to make the most out of compact digital photography, and even digital SLR photography, where as some of my collegues would see this as a little daunting they could talk to a regular customer about depth of field on a range of lenses for close up photography where i would tend to be a bit more vague on the subject.
<br>So my advice to you or anyone else not happy with mini lab results on their amature photography is to splash out on some pro lab services if it means that much to you or you cant get on with your local store, as much as we would love to help you out... we need a little from you if we are to get it right, otherwise know that you are leaving it in our hands...
<br>
<br>Our should i say the hands of our lab staff, seeing as sales advisors dont usually touch the lab equipment and lab staff dont have a clue about the products (this seems to stress a lot of people out even though they are dressed in differing uniforms to distinguish them)

“I went into Glasgow jessops to buy a camera, the staff...”

Written on: 24/05/2011

I went into Glasgow jessops to buy a camera, the staff were unhelpful and didn't know the canon 550d which is what I was interested in, so I went up the road to jacobs where they were very helpful and would shop with them again, I bought an extra lens when I was there also so as long as the wife doesn't find out, I will be ok… Read Full Review