ASRock K7S8X series Reviews

• Ease of Set Up

Summary

Sis746fx Chipset
Atx
Max Ram: 3 Gb
Ide
Network Adapter
ASRock K7S8X series - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for ASRock K7S8X series

ASRock K7S8X series

“Had this motherboard since July '04, its still going...”

Written on: 26/05/2008

Had this motherboard since July '04, its still going strong and I am going to be upgrading HD and RAM soon, which my friend assures me is a breeze. Very happy with it and would recommend to anyone… Read Full Review

ASRock K7S8X series

“We (Me + Brother) bought an ASRock K7S8X series board...”

Written on: 26/09/2004 by jimmy86 (2 reviews written)

We (Me + Brother) bought an ASRock K7S8X series board to create another computer upstairs. We have a 1.8Ghz Intel Celeron, 320Mb SD Ram , and a ATI 7500 Radeon installed in it. Yes .. not exactly a beast, but it does the job. The problem with it .. it keeps crashing .. loading up, playing games, typing documents .. it just doesn't work as well as this computer... (far better to say the least). Recommendation - Only buy one if you need a computer to "run", don't expect wonders, especially if you… Read Full Review

ASRock K7S8X series

“ASRock K7S8X series - This board was bought to replace...”

Written on: 12/09/2004 by bwallum (2 reviews written)

ASRock K7S8X series - This board was bought to replace a NEC board that was very painful. I bought it on the basis that it was so cheap that if it didn't work I could bin it without much loss. The result was brilliant, a really good board that ran without a fuss first time. It is the first time I have installed a motherboard too… Read Full Review

ASRock K7S8X series

“I bought this board because a friend had purchased 2...”

Written on: 01/07/2004 by mrcrisp (1 review written)

I bought this board because a friend had purchased 2 to build cheap computers with, and as he had no problems with these boards, I thought I would give it a chance. Costing a little over 20 pounds, and using the SIS chipset, I was doubtful on performance, and stability, especially after owning such boards as MSI and EPOX. I installed an Athlon 2000xp+, and ddr333 ram, it booted first time, but Windows XP Home had to be reinstalled, no hardship. I even managed to overclock the 2000xp Athlon to… Read Full Review

ASRock K7S8X series

“Asrock (US) produces great quality for the price and...”

Written on: 24/06/2004 by strapane (2 reviews written)

Asrock (US) produces great quality for the price and competes well against Taiwan and China on both counts. I was a PC Chips fan who never got stuck with a bad board but always heard good things about Asus and Asrock so when I found a real steal on an all-in-one board at Z-Buy (NY) I got an Asrock K7S41GX (like K7S8x but with Sis chipset) for $41 I was thrilled. It's 333 FSB, DDR333, 8x AGP plus 128-bit shared video was AMD state of the art for awhile and the price among the lowest I ever… Read Full Review

Pleiades's Response to strapane's Review

Written on: 20/03/2006

Asrock + Asus ARE Taiwanese (mostly manufactured in China). There are no US mainboard providers.

Pleiades's Response to strapane's Review

Written on: 20/03/2006

AFAIK There are no US mainboard manufacturers. Asus/Asrock is a Taiwanese firm producing motherboards and myriad other PC components in mainland China.

ASRock K7S8X series

“The ASRock K7S8X series of Motherboards is one that I...”

Written on: 11/03/2004 by Peter R (1 review written)

The ASRock K7S8X series of Motherboards is one that I can highly recommend.
Not only are they cheap, they are also very reliable and can deliver excellent performance.
Install a 2400 or 2800 Athlon cpu (don't forget the thermal paste) and above it, mount the likes of a cheap Akasa copper based heatsink cooler. Add in a minimum of 256 Meg of DDR memory (it takes up to 3Gig) and you have the makings of a fine performance low cost budget system.
I have used a wide range of graphic cards including… Read Full Review